As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I can pm everyone in who's in a group who's who so to get peoples' attention if you think getting people together would be a problem, and you can just start another conversation without me after to choose stuff.

I think several groups of four are already talking to each other at this point. It's more a matter of coming to a decision. Also, with smaller groups we have a much better chance of getting one or two that don't have any Sith in them.

For what it's worth, I still think having masters pairing up with another master or a team would help us catch Sith in a lie about their action a little better, but not knowing what your abilities are, I certainly am not going to push the point.

Oh, I just noticed that there are in fact seven planets total (counting coruscant), which makes my plan a little less efficient. It may be better to have the masters pair with the knights in that case, and have the masters decide among the pair who is going to help and who is going to use a different power.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    argh, waking up and catching up.

council we can't vote out, knights and coucils bossing us padawans around. not fun.

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    useless day 1 vote on mascara305

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I'm not sure this is as easy as all or nothing. If we accept that not everyone will be able to post their actions publicly between Vote Close and narration, we have to have some mechanism to test actions. I think that having a small group provides some reliability that someone who is not Sith will see whether you are being inactive or what you have stated you will do. Having a group of 5 also ensures that one of you will be around in the vote close window to say it publicly. I think that's why we should include padawans in the discussion, so that we increase the chance of having someone non-Sith know our plans. The same goes for councilors.
    Not doing all or nothing introduces wiggle room for the Sith. Groups do nothing to ensure being around at vote close. All it does is expose the plans to the Sith.

And if we're doing that anyway, there's little reason to keep them secret in the first place.

Between the inactives, unknown sith powers, unknown council powers and anything else, there's always going to be wiggle room for the Sith, particularly on day 1. I'm just trying to make it harder for them and have them take a position that may let us find them down the road.

With small teams, the basic idea is to make people tell other what they are doing so we can compare the results later on and make the Sith's job harder by forcing them to monitor 10 conversations instead of 2. With a little luck, we can get things done in their blind spots as well. While I'm not expecting we will all wake up tomorrow with a smoking gun and be able to say "OMG this person is a sith" it sets a record out that we can keep analyzing over the next few days and offers plenty of opportunities for Sith to slip up as they try to lie about what they are doing.

In event, out for a bit.

• KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Things are certainly going a mile a minute. I agree that an all in seer is a bad plan, and I have said as much in the council. Planets will have the best pay off at this point until we know more. If anyone decides to aim a seer, be advised that council members are not good targets at this point. People have mentioned this already, but I just want to reiterate that it is kind of a waste of an action as far as I can tell.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• KiasKias Registered User regular
    Also, TheRoadVirus

steam_sig.png

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    TheRoadVirus's future seems to be clouded by the Dark Side.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    :/ you guys are the true sith. I have done nothing to you!

Also, innocent. Saying it once more in the hope of getting mercy from my FELLOW JEDI

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Are we going with the groups we formed on our own or the RNG groups? Pretty soon I'm going to go with the group I already have.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    finally caught up on all this.
    obviously, any public/semi-public seering plan would be stymied by the sith; I'm glad we got away from that.

to be honest, I'm not really sold on the proposed 5-8 person cells either. assuming ~10 sith, most (if not all) of them would be compromised.
    not that it matters, I haven't heard anything from anyone in my 'assigned' cell anyway.

My suggestion is to play how you see fit.
    either: seer someone and post the result (or don't) tomorrow. Another knight or padawan, not a council member, as any sith on the council will almost certainly use their blocking ability or w/e.
    or: go to a planet. pick one at random. there was one suggested in pm's - maybe some should go there, but keep in mind that the sith know about that now.

most importantly: don't be predictable, don't say what you're doing before vote close.

padawans, I'd say just support your knight as there's not a lot to go on for oppose targets on day 1. but again, use your judgement

Okay I think pms should be out to all the knights assuming I didn't screw that up.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    I don't think I've actually posted yet, so TRV

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Vote closes in 5 hours.

Posting this to make sure everyone knows the timezone conversions and such. Actions are also due before vote close.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Since a planet conquered by the Jedi can never fall into Sith hands
    Citation needed

Bedlam on
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Citation needed

In fact this is blatantly false. If alignment goes to zero is leaves Jedi control, and if it gets to -12, it will then become Sith controlled.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Bandwagons are way less fun on the other end, hah.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    @Bedlam I agree with you. Let's start our own group. The level of padawan hate in this thread is weird.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Citation needed

In fact this is blatantly false. If alignment goes to zero is leaves Jedi control, and if it gets to -12, it will then become Sith controlled.

This being false doesn't really detract from Jdarksun's argument, though.

And I think that any planet not at zero points falls into one side or the other's control?

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Any particular reason people are bandwagoning TRV?

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Citation needed

Yeah I think he is thinking that you cant smipe the power by killing the jedi who controls the planet. which is true.

But the sith can still get their war on and take a planet back.

Cayrus wrote: »
    @Bedlam I agree with you. Let's start our own group. The level of padawan hate in this thread is weird.

I hope you realize that padawans are included in all of the strike group discussions except the very last decision of choosing which planet.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Citation needed

This being false doesn't really detract from Jdarksun's argument, though.

And I think that any planet not at zero points falls into one side or the other's control?

Control starts at 12 for either side. You retain control until it drops to zero.

• l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    yeah the bandwagons kinda suck for the recipient. Not that voting for anyone else will do any good considering the vote counts, but I will vote for 38th Doe for that ridiculous jedi? name

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Citation needed

Yeah I think he is thinking that you cant smipe the power by killing the jedi who controls the planet. which is true.

jdarksun is correct. He is saying that a Jedi conquered planet will not be handed to a Sith.

They have to conquer it themselves first.

OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2012
    yeah the bandwagons kinda suck for the recipient. Not that voting for anyone else will do any good considering the vote counts, but I will vote for 38th Doe for that ridiculous jedi? name

You really aren't in a position to be criticizing people's names :P

MrTLicious on
    Infidel wrote: »
    Citation needed

jdarksun is correct. He is saying that a Jedi conquered planet will not be handed to a Sith.

They have to conquer it themselves first.

Why would a Jedi conquered planet be handed to a Sith?

• l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Any particular reason people are bandwagoning TRV?

I believe because he expressed his concerns, about a single council member basically saying do what I/we say or you will be ruled a Sith and taken out

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »

Fuck yeah padawans.

For some reason, this game makes me want to come down hard on no-content/bad-idea posts.

It doesn't matter if your planetary cell is compromised because it is actually beneficial to the village if the mafia is stupid enough to deviate from a plan where there is accountability. Since a planet conquered by the Jedi can never fall into Sith hands, we risk nothing and have everything to gain.

Your suggestion are bad and you should feel bad.

the cells:
    1. require a lot of communication/coordination (I've seen none thus far)
    2. completely negate the village's seering ability. either it doesn't get used at all (and the sith know they're free to use their non-block ability), or the sith have a 90% chance of knowing the target and can easily block.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    For some reason, this game makes me want to come down hard on no-content/bad-idea posts.

It doesn't matter if your planetary cell is compromised because it is actually beneficial to the village if the mafia is stupid enough to deviate from a plan where there is accountability. Since a planet conquered by the Jedi can never fall into Sith hands, we risk nothing and have everything to gain.

the cells:
    2. completely negate the village's seering ability. either it doesn't get used at all (and the sith know they're free to use their non-block ability), or the sith have a 90% chance of knowing the target and can easily block.

How do you know the seerings are balanced by a specific sith ability that is activated?

Yeah I'll agree that communication is lacking.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

the cells:

Where are you getting that probability?

More importantly, no one is suggesting that meditation targets are shared, just whether you are meditating or going on a mission. Missions will be shared.

as several people have pointed out, they must have something to balance the fact that ~40% of the game has a seer ability.

also (from what I've gathered) don't all padawans have a (partial?) roleblock?

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    as several people have pointed out, they must have something to balance the fact that ~40% of the game has a seer ability.

We need a day to charge it, so they'd be available tomorrow at the earliest, but that also requires not supporting our Knights.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Nirya wrote: »

We need a day to charge it, so they'd be available tomorrow at the earliest, but that also requires not supporting our Knights.

Yes, but if you're evil, that's probably not that much of a sacrifice :P

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Yes, but if you're evil, that's probably not that much of a sacrifice :P

Would the evil Sith padawans even get a roleblock? That seems super OP because WHY WOULD THEY NOT DO THAT?!?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    I just realized that I actually have heard from a member of my cell, but the wording made me think it was a missive to all the knights in the game.
    This does not change my opinion, just pointing out that I was not intentionally lying earlier.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Personally, I'd like to charge up tonight so I have a roleblock available. It'd be nice to have it on hand for when we discover a Sith, and I kinda figure people are going to want padawans to use their support ability every night. Might as well charge it up now when there's the least amount of information to go off of.

But I'll stick to whatever the plan is.

• mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    Game on corvidae :-P

Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The issue with padawans always supporting is that a sith can use that support to evil ends. It's entirely unknown whether for taking a planet that'd be a simple +1 sith influence or if the value may be greater than that. It certainly could be the latter to reward sith deception and to balance the fact that if all knights have an equal amount of control taking the jedi are far, far more efficient at taking planets and gaining powers than the sith.

vOv

Edit: as a counterpoint that could be fine. Maybe the powers are meant to be primarily for the jedi after all unless we mess up and don't kill enough sith fast enough.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    What is the vote like right now?

OrokosPA.png