As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] 2012 Challenge Coins - Sold Out

• Options
    Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    I think it's fairly obvious that the majority of people like #2 the best.
    I will send #2 to Eric and have him change the Font to the same as the previous coins.

For the PC gaming side, unless a bunch a people want it changed, we are going with how it is.

Would it be ok to send him 3 or 4? My charts were just a little bit off because most of the people had 4 as their second choice, so I think it should have been 2 still the most, next 4, then 3, and finally 1, even though more people had 3 as a 1st choice, I feel like the amount of second choices it got made up for it.

• Options
    PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    I like number 2, followed by number 4.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Location Option #2 has been submitted to Eric at PCC. I only submitted this one because it was the clear winner. #4 was close, but not enough to keep the discussion open.

Once Eric sends me the updated design for I will post it here as a final approval from the community.

I am still waiting on a price quote, and once I get that I will put up the Chip in to collect funds for the die.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Location Option #2 has been submitted to Eric at PCC. I only submitted this one because it was the clear winner. #4 was close, but not enough to keep the discussion open.

Once Eric sends me the updated design for I will post it here as a final approval from the community.

I am still waiting on a price quote, and once I get that I will put up the Chip in to collect funds for the die.
    Woot!

• Options
    OliblisOliblis Registered User new member
    Yea I think Pike's Place market is a great option, I also like the idea of representing the current generation of consoles, PC and old school.

• Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    Is it too late to submit my idea to have the Gum Wall featured on one side? :P

Seriously though, that is one spiffy-looking coin. Can't wait to see the official mockup.

Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    Is it too late to submit my idea to have the Gum Wall featured on one side? :P

Seriously though, that is one spiffy-looking coin. Can't wait to see the official mockup.

Yup. We have already decided on the design.

• Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    so, are these 'challenge coins' handed out to ALL attendees? free of charge? if so, when and where? thanks for the answers :) I hope PAX lives up to the hype and that I meet a lot of great people to get back together with another year! (first time, and going alone @_@)

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    ramen215 wrote: »
    so, are these 'challenge coins' handed out to ALL attendees? free of charge? if so, when and where? thanks for the answers :) I hope PAX lives up to the hype and that I meet a lot of great people to get back together with another year! (first time, and going alone @_@)

No they aren't free and they aren't handed out at PAX. After the design is finalized they will start a Chip-in to have the die cast, then there will be orders taken for the coins. Everything is in the first post in this thread (including rough dates.)

• Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »

No they aren't free and they aren't handed out at PAX. After the design is finalized they will start a Chip-in to have the die cast, then there will be orders taken for the coins. Everything is in the first post in this thread (including rough dates.)

ah, I see, thanks for the quick reply, but just one last thing: How much are they? or is this dependent on the design and the amount of people that want to buy one when the time comes (making the price 'impossible' to predict atm).

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    tsrblke wrote: »

ah, I see, thanks for the quick reply, but just one last thing: How much are they? or is this dependent on the design and the amount of people that want to buy one when the time comes (making the price 'impossible' to predict atm).

It is definitely dependent on those things. However, we can take some cues from the past few designs. The Die Cast cost is usually around $300ish, and we usually have donations to get to that cost (For East 2012, @karmacappa was benevolent and able to front that cost and roll it into the final coin cost). The individual coins are usually around $4-7 each after the die cost has been paid (more if it's rolled into the coin cost).

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I received the new concept art & a price quote from Eric at PCC. The art had a couple minor mistakes that I am having him fix, once completed I will post it here.

Pricing:
    I have decided to roll the die cost into the price of the coin since it comes close to a nice even number. Coins will be $5 each if picked up at Will Call and an extra $6 (total $11) if you want it shipped (No international shipping).
    Edit: Shipping is $6 for your entire order, not per coin. So if you order 5 coins it will be $25 to pick up at will call and $31 to ship.

Please fill out This Order Form to reserve your coin(s). The first run will be 200 coins and you will be able to order a max of 5. If demand is high enough we will have more made and you can order more if you want.

Note: This is only a reservation, your coin is guaranteed as long as payment is received with in a reasonable time after I post the payment method.

If you have any questions post them here, or E-mail me at paxprime2012challengecoin@gmail.com

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I received the new concept art & a price quote from Eric at PCC. The art had a couple minor mistakes that I am having him fix, once completed I will post it here.

Pricing:
    I have decided to roll the die cost into the price of the coin since it comes close to a nice even number. Coins will be $5 each if picked up at Will Call and an extra $6 (total $11) if you want it shipped (No international shipping).

Please fill out This Order Form to reserve your coin(s). The first run will be 200 coins and you will be able to order a max of 5. If demand is high enough we will have more made and you can order more if you want.

Note: This is only a reservation, your coin is guaranteed as long as payment is received with in a reasonable time after I post the payment method.

If you have any questions post them here, or E-mail me at paxprime2012challengecoin@gmail.com

Is it $6 shipping per coin or per order?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options

Is it $6 shipping per coin or per order?

No, $6 is total shipping for your order. Thanks for catching that. I will make sure to clarify that.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Thanks for doing this @SkeleVader. I put our order in for 2!

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    These look amazing! I have put in an order for 2.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I just placed an order, didn't get any sort of conf email. Should there be one? (i'm wondering if i entered my email wrong or if there isn't supposed to be a conf email sent)

• Options
    edited May 2012
    JimmyWild wrote: »
    I just placed an order, didn't get any sort of conf email. Should there be one? (i'm wondering if i entered my email wrong or if there isn't supposed to be a conf email sent)

No, a confirming E-mail will not be sent yet. This is just a simple Google document that populates a spreadsheet for me. Once I am ready to start receiving payments I will send an invoice to the E-mail you provided letting you know how to pay.

If you want me to double check if your E-mail was entered correctly just shoot me a PM or E-mail paxprime2012challengecoin@gmail.com

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    I put in a reservation for 5 myself. Looking quite good there Skelevader, you're doing a great job!

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ordered!

Due to moving shenanigans, I'll definitely be doing the will call. Glad to see this year went so insanely smooth, last year got a bit messy >.>

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Glad to see this year went so insanely smooth, last year got a bit messy >.>

Let's not put the cart in front of the horse just yet :P We don't have coins in hand ;)

That said, this is going fantastically so far.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Glad to see this year went so insanely smooth, last year got a bit messy >.>

Let's not put the cart in front of the horse just yet :P We don't have coins in hand ;)

That said, this is going fantastically so far.

Haha, true. I remember the design last year taking up far more time though.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I am going to order one, but will I be able to pay for it when I pick it up at will-call?

• Options
    Zoroark173 wrote: »
    I am going to order one, but will I be able to pay for it when I pick it up at will-call?

Normally no, but since you have been active in helping with the design I can make an exception.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options

Normally no, but since you have been active in helping with the design I can make an exception.

Thank you! I will start saving up money for it right now!
    Diamonds to you, good sir!

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Order placed for 2 coins.

Due to moving to a different state, I chose to just do will call.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    There we go, order in! Can't wait to see the actual coin pictures once the mistakes are taken care of!

• Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    order submitted!

• Options
    JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    I put in an order for a coin. Thanks very much to everyone involved with putting this together.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Just put in my order!
    EDIT: Maybe you should add a "Notes" section to the order form, in case people have extra things that they don't want to post on the boards.

Zoroark173 on
  • Options
    Just put in my order!
    EDIT: Maybe you should add a "Notes" section to the order form, in case people have extra things that they don't want to post on the boards.

If there is something you want to add that is not included in the form feel free to Email me at paxprime2012challengecoin@gmail.com.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    Love the designs and can not wait to put them beside my ones from east 2012.

• Options
    DaisyDaisy Registered User regular
    I love these things, they're such a great memento... I'm going to put in an order but I was just wondering how picking it up at Will Call would work exactly? Would it be between specific times or...? Thanks for organising this by the way!

• Options
    Daisy wrote: »
    I love these things, they're such a great memento... I'm going to put in an order but I was just wondering how picking it up at Will Call would work exactly? Would it be between specific times or...? Thanks for organising this by the way!

That is something we will discuss and figure out the best way to handle, but yes the likely approach will be those that volunteer to hand out the coins will say a specific time and place they will be available to distribute the coins.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Keep in mind that the "Will Call" that @SkeleVader is mentioning is very likely not the actual PAX Will Call. It will most likely be a community "will call" of sorts that is unofficial and probably spread throughout a few volunteers. That is, of course, unless @SkeleVader has worked out something with the pax will call folks, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

• Options
    Keep in mind that the "Will Call" that @SkeleVader is mentioning is very likely not the actual PAX Will Call. It will most likely be a community "will call" of sorts that is unofficial and probably spread throughout a few volunteers. That is, of course, unless @SkeleVader has worked out something with the pax will call folks, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

You are indeed correct.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    MTSonic11MTSonic11 Registered User regular
    I just put my order in for 2. Thanks for doing this!

• Options

You are indeed correct.
    I would be glad to help pass out coins. I will most likely be going to the pre-PAX dinner (as long as it is <18 allowed), so if you are going, maybe we could meet up there.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I'll be picking it up Will Call for my buddies and I.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
This discussion has been closed.