As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I wanted to see it this weekend but the one friend that I have who would go watch it with me saw it on Friday afternoon. Think I might try to convince somebody else to see it next weekend. It's too damn expensive to go see it at night.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I will go with you.

steam_sig.png
    Cool. Scotiabank Theatre on Saturday afternoon.

Also, a fun short animation that teaches our youth how to get a vampire to do their chores.

http://vimeo.com/hayoubi/vampire-gastelbrau

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    I have to stop reading the title of this thread. The song keeps getting stuck in my head.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    I just came back from The Avengers
    it was very entertaining
    Kochi- I know what you mean about the audience laughing, but I can't begrudge them that- some of those were great gags
    especially the Hulk smashes
    you know the ones

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    I have to stop reading the title of this thread. The song keeps getting stuck in my head.

(8

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Blugh, I have to go see The Avengers by myself because everyone I would go with wants me to wait till next week for some stupid reason. I am not waiting that long.

steam_sig.png
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I'm pretending The Avengers sucks balls until it comes out on Blu Ray. Mainly because I can't get to the cinema to watch The Avengers.

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    it was very entertaining
    Kochi- I know what you mean about the audience laughing, but I can't begrudge them that- some of those were great gags
    you know the ones

I found the movie rather...

Low Key

YEAAAAAAAAAA

PierceNeck wrote: »
    Blugh, I have to go see The Avengers by myself because everyone I would go with wants me to wait till next week for some stupid reason. I am not waiting that long.

I've love to go this week but I'm not spending $18 to see it in the bloody evening. I'd much rather go see a matinee on the weekend for cheaper.

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    it was very entertaining
    you know the ones

For me that's half of the reason why I go to the movies in the first place. A great audience reaction can really add to the overall experience, especially during a good blockbuster. That's just something you can't duplicate at home.

I know that this topic is a double-edge sword since a bad audience can ruin a good movie as well, but it's worth the risk for me.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    it was very entertaining
    you know the ones

hhehehehehee
    Damnit I need to see this again.

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I think I was guilty of some nerd giggles honestly. And I apparently missed the best hulk smash when I went to the bathroom. I think that's the first time I've ever had to go to the bathroom at a movie, and I missed it! Guess I'll just have to go again.

Prospicience on
  • Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    I'm almost certain if I went to see Avengers in the theatre I'd be slaughtered by a wave of furious people.

Similar to when I went to Passion of the Christ. I swear I was mentally crucified by all 350 audience members. I'm still not certain why I was the only one laughing hysterically.

Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i really really tried... y'know to have some consistency with my interests and disinterests... but, IT'S JUST SO GODDAMN FUNNY!!!

no seriously. I actually liked it. :(

ninjai on
  • PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    Well THIS was a bit of unexpected news this morning:
    pnc_funded.jpg

The Peter & Company animated pilot episode: coming later this year to an internet near you!

The project has officially been green-lit. A whole two weeks ahead of the deadline, too! Excitement!!

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Yup, Avengers breaks box office records: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17977410

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • HotandnerdyHotandnerdy Hot and Nerdy Kansas CityRegistered User regular
    Siegfried wrote: »
    Yup, Avengers breaks box office records: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17977410

Great googly moogly!!

girl.jpg
    I'd have been surprised if it didn't break opening weekend records. They've been building up the hype for several films now.

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    I'm less and less impressed by box office records being broken considering the skyrocketing price of theater tickets.

Would be far more truthful to show number of tickets sold.

• HotandnerdyHotandnerdy Hot and Nerdy Kansas CityRegistered User regular
    Mustang wrote: »
    I'm pretending The Avengers sucks balls until it comes out on Blu Ray. Mainly because I can't get to the cinema to watch The Avengers.

Lol.....you could always try to sneak in.

Thats what I did!

girl.jpg
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I'm less and less impressed by box office records being broken considering the skyrocketing price of theater tickets.

Would be far more truthful to show number of tickets sold.

But it is being compared to the last Harry Potter film, which is pretty recent.

Some idiot put me in a sour mood. Gonna walk it off :?

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    YES. Move over Avengers, round up Roland Emmerich, Steven Spielberg and Kevin Costner, we've finally got an excuse to slam the Jurassic Park and Waterworld franchises together in a big-budget disaster movie to end all big-budget disaster movies:
    Flatulent dinosaurs 'warmed the Earth'

• NicNic Registered User regular
    I'm resisting. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna. I won't do it.
    The Wayans Brothers present Jurassic Farts.

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Man, my boss is behaving like a world class jerk.

He's gonna be let go at the end of this month so he's dumping all his projects on me and getting out early.

Having one foot out the door tends to do that to people. Be glad that he's actually engaging you instead of just not doing his job so that it's dumped on you anyway only nothing has been done for a month.

• lizard eats flieslizard eats flies Registered User regular
    Flay wrote: »
    Mustang: Yeah, I completely agree. I don't know what I am yet, and I'm going to stay open to starting a relationship because I really won't know until I try. I may have jumped the gun a little bringing it up with my mum, but it was really frustrating not having somebody to talk to about these things, I can't seem to be open with family. That and she kept asking questions about whether or not I had met some and it was just really awkward.

Napp: Heck no, it took me years to crawl this far up the ranks of the underground gladiator kitten deathmatch ring.

Heyo, just wanted to chime in here and say that I'm asexual and I personally think its kind of awesome. But yeah not many people understand it.. and to a certain extent I dont.

For me I approach it as a comfort/happiness thing. I've questioned "am I REALLY asexual?" or whatnot, but in the end, its only a label. What really matters is, am i happy? Does doing X make me uncomfortable? etc.

Approaching it this way has lead me to a lovely long term relationship with another asexual girl. We just celebrated our 1 year dating anniversary actually. So I guess i consider myself romantic but not sexual. And its working 'cause we are both very open about what things we like and what things we dont like.

Coming out to my parents about it was... odd. I still dont think they get it. But at least they no longer try and 'fix' me.

But yeah, I can talk at length about it if you want. Feel free to PM me.

Fuck yeah! My friends are in third place in the 49er world championships in Croatia after the first day of racing.

http://www.49erworlds.org/index.php/overall-results/

Well, I didn't get that job. Seems I am doomed to die in Medicare hell.

edited May 2012
    Can someone suggest any web sort of thing on inking? Or maybe a comic series that does some B+W stuff with strong line work or w/e. I'm running blind on this shit.

Edit: I read the stuff I see in the tutorials thread on inking.

ninjai on

Sorry to hear MT! But don't give up hope, it doesn't mean the end!

ninjai wrote: »
    Can someone suggest any web sort of thing on inking? Or maybe a comic series that does some B+W stuff with strong line work or w/e. I'm running blind on this shit.

http://www.abominable.cc/

edited May 2012
    Grifter wrote: »
    ninjai wrote: »

http://www.abominable.cc/

I flipped back to the first page, love the way that rain is rendered. Thanks for the recommendation. got a good blog too

ninjai on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular

Booo! Also you're not doomed, it's really more of a curse.

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod

Pfft, you know all you need to land that box factory dream job is to use your hypnosis skills.
    MT_boxes.gif

Pfft, you know all you need to land that box factory dream job is to use your hypnosis skills.
    MT_boxes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3Wt22rDE0

MT_boxes.gif

I laughed so hard my daughter stopped playing with her toys to look at me.

• bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    So my side business Go Nerdy has the potential to go somewhat big for me. I have a potential client that represents 20 libraries and if I can successfully negotiate a deal, I may just quit my day job and go with this thing full time.

What kind of business is it?

This discussion has been closed.