As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Absolutely! I claim the role as Tea Monarch.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Mission Accomplished.

bush-mission.jpg

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    We need a Queen Biscuitius.

*high fives Retbrah*

Retaba on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm just waiting for TRV to be all "If you strike me down...."

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for TRV to be all "If you strike me down...."

Mostly if you strike me down, I am stricken. In a downward fashion. Probably forever.
    ngbbs4f8a3b7a9b905.jpg

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I'll !vote for 38thDoe, though I do not have strong reasons to vote for either of the front runners.

I believe with my vote we're at 11 votes on TheRoadVirus and 9 on 38thDoe?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I feel popular.
    But in like, the bad way.
    That makes me sad.

I've never played a phalla with KetBra, as far as I can tell. Retaba doesn't surprise me anymore.

Then you've been truly deprived of my genius.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    I feel popular.
    But in like, the bad way.
    That makes me sad.

Think of it this way!

This time you're being picked first!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    I'm not particulary keen on the TRV vote as it seems to come about just because he was talking and trying to throw some ideas around. Which seems to be what he has done in most phallas he's played in?

The 38th bandwagon also seems stupid as it is just because they picked a funny name, well 'duh loads of people tried to pick humorous names. I also realize on day 1 we have nothing to go on. But later if TRV and/or 38th are village we should definitely look at who pushed these wagons.

KetBra wrote: »
    I've never played a phalla with KetBra, as far as I can tell. Retaba doesn't surprise me anymore.

Allow me to live, that I may experience it for more than a day.
    I'm not particulary keen on the TRV vote as it seems to come about just because he was talking and trying to throw some ideas around. Which seems to be what he has done in most phallas he's played in?

The 38th bandwagon also seems stupid as it is just because they picked a funny name, well 'duh loads of people tried to pick humorous names. I also realize on day 1 we have nothing to go on. But later if TRV and/or 38th are village we should definitely look at who pushed these wagons.

WHEN we are shown to be village.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular

Allow me to live, that I may experience it for more than a day.

WHEN we are shown to be village.

How are you so sure about 38th? eh?

He seemed like a nice enough lad. I could be wrong, but I was taught to give people the benefit of the doubt.

And if he turns up as a sith, you're still only shooting 50%, and that's a failing grade where I come from.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So whats going on with these fucking squad things?

I am lazy and want to play videogames, not read a bunch of stuff.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    you just need to coordinate with kias

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    So whats going on with these fucking squad things?

I am lazy and want to play videogames, not read a bunch of stuff.

Impatience leads to the dark side!

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Vote him out! rabble rabble!

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    We can't :P

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    We can't :P

I'm...I'm aware. Not sure what to say here. Now its all awkward because not only are all 3 of us on the Council, and should be in on the joke...but KetBra you are also my MasterBuddy.*

* - copyright, Benubi Industries.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    jdarksun wrote: »
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    "a planet conquered by the Jedi can never fall into Sith hands" is false. It can fall into Sith hands. Namely, if they bring it to 12 points in their favor. I'm sorry that I didn't interpret it the way you meant. Infidel cleared up my confusion. However, it was not "clear" that you meant what you meant, and not what I thought you meant. That's "clearly" true because I thought you meant what I thought you meant and not what you meant. Meant.
    It can fall into enemy hands when it's no longer conquered by the Jedi. Not conquered. By the Jedi.

A planet conquered by the Jedi cannot be under Sith control.

I don't know how you can misinterpret that. You clearly define the exit conditions for your statements. When A is no longer true, B can be true.

In your restatement, you've changed the tense of one of your clauses, and is now in fact tautological. By definition, conquered means under the control of that party, and since these two factions are mutually exclusive and there are no Schrodinger's planets, a planet conquered by the Jedi cannot be under Sith control. However, that's not how I interpreted your original statement, nor is it the only way to reasonably do so:

1. "Conquered" is both a past participle (how you meant it) and the past tense of a verb (how I interpreted it).
    2. "Can never fall" is the future, not present tense.

These two factors lends themself to an alternative interpretation of your statement: A planet conquered by the Jedi will always be under Jedi control. It can never fall into Sith hands. Once A, B can never be true. This could have been how the game was designed (first past the post type), and is a perfectly valid logical construct. It's not how this game was set up, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, so you'll forgive me for thinking that someone might have missed that small section in the OP.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I've made it a point of pride to have not lied to anyone yet. I'd like to keep the streak going

It's the new Rend! (Rend has played for a looooong time, and never once lied)

Also, I need a vote, so Retaba for a reason I don't remember, but I thought of it earlier

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    I've made it a point of pride to have not lied to anyone yet. I'd like to keep the streak going

It's the new Rend! (Rend has played for a looooong time, and never once lied)

Also, I need a vote, so Retaba for a reason I don't remember, but I thought of it earlier

Something something something outlet face, something something force lightning?

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'll !vote for 38thDoe, though I do not have strong reasons to vote for either of the front runners.

Actually, by my count, the vote is currently ties at 10 each for TheRoadVirus and 38th Doe. It is emminently possible that I missed a post somewhere though.

The Road Virus: 38th Doe, Cayrus, Grunt'sGhost, jdarksun, Ketbra, Kias, Cythraul, Peccavi, SaberOverEasy, The Anonymous
    38th Doe: 13lasphemer69, Feckless Rogue, JABMonkey, Malkor, SeGaTai, SmooveOperator, TheRoadVirus, Infidel, tzeenchling, MrBlarney

Can someone check my work?

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm not terribly suspicious of 38thdoe, but I find him more suspicious than TRV, and since Cayrus didn't catch on...vote history!!!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Vote closes in a little under an hour

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Derp, glad I wasn't auto-conscripted :P

I'm back to "normal" now so if you need to slot me in at any time feel free

Seriously? Are you people going to make me hand-count?

What do you mean "you people?"

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Why are you responding to yourself?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    I can't believe you just did that.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm working my way forward from page 7 again :(

In the case of a close vote, Jedi council edict 7:18:2813 dictates that any written votes must be hand-counted, as droids are unreliable and easily manipulated by the dark side

Okay I'll make your job easier 38thdoe

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    @38thDoe , I am sorry if you die tonight (and turn up Jedi). Alls I know is that I am innocent of what I was accused of, and if you are slain, I will make sure that you are remembered for all the good you have done

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular

Actually, by my count, the vote is currently ties at 10 each for TheRoadVirus and 38th Doe. It is emminently possible that I missed a post somewhere though.

The Road Virus: 38th Doe, Cayrus, Grunt'sGhost, jdarksun, Ketbra, Kias, Cythraul, Peccavi, SaberOverEasy, The Anonymous
    38th Doe: 13lasphemer69, Feckless Rogue, JABMonkey, Malkor, SeGaTai, SmooveOperator, TheRoadVirus, Infidel, tzeenchling, MrBlarney

I have vertroue voting for TheRoadVirus and JABMonkey voting for The Anonymous, though I should probably check for re-votes...

4463rwiq7r47.png

I have vertroue voting for TheRoadVirus and JABMonkey voting for The Anonymous, though I should probably check for re-votes...

I just re-checked. Your spreadsheet is absolutely right Blarney, I just missed vertroue's vote. I probably also did the wrong auto-complete on JABMonkey's.

Apologize for all the confusion! Can we get an updated total?

I have it 10-9 as of Ketbra's vote for 38th at the top of this page.

TRV (9): vertroue, The Anonymous, SaberOverEasy, jdarksun, Cayrus, Kias, Grunt's Ghost, 38thDoe, Peccavi

38thDoe (10): Malkor, FecklessRogue, I3lasphemer69, Smoove Operator, TheRoadVirus, Infidel, tzeentchling, MrBlarney, shalmelo, Ketbra

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    38thDoe is I must pick between the two.

I'm still rather displeased by the fact that my padawan wished for my demise

But I missed the first page, so 11-10? 12-10 after Gaslight:

TRV (10): Cythraul, vertroue, The Anonymous, SaberOverEasy, jdarksun, Cayrus, Kias, Grunt's Ghost, 38thDoe, Peccavi

38thDoe (12): SeGaTai, Malkor, FecklessRogue, I3lasphemer69, Smoove Operator, TheRoadVirus, Infidel, tzeentchling, MrBlarney, shalmelo, Ketbra, Gaslight