As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Roasts and Casseroles. [Cooking and Food Thread]

• OdenOden Registered User regular
    I don't get this guy

If you go out to a restaurant what do you order?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    So, guy

are you actually willing to not be lazy and spend some time on cooking food? Like, maybe half an hour?

If you are, then you can cook anything. ANYTHING. See someone eating something, think "I'd like to eat that!" Find out how to cook it and then cook it.

If you stop looking at cooking as a chore that you need to spend the least amount of time on so you don't die of malnutrition then the culinary world is your oyster.

There are even a plethora of books, websites and TV shows specifically designed for cooking good food in minimal time with minimal effort. Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals is a decent place to start

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Go buy "I'm just here for the food" read it, watch some Alton Brown on youtube or something. Go cook. Or, you know, go buy nutrient pastes or something. Hell, Stale may know about just such a thing. Do we have pills in meal form yet? Can we just rip all the pleasures out of life for efficiency? They make IV's for what you want.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm just here for the food is not a good book for a beginner, it's more lower intermediate. It's very disjointed, and while it's good for basic food science I haven't referenced it in years.

Blake T on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    30 minute meals is an amazing book.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am always so confused when I talk to a person who doesn't care about food or doesn't enjoy eating

just

how?

It is one of life's simple pleasures. Eating and Sex are basically the best things nature ever gave us.

• OdenOden Registered User regular
    my diet is pretty much meat and rice because my mum is south american

I can tell you that a lot of stuff can be cooked in the time it takes to make a pot of rice

Drink.

And drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and fight.

Blake T wrote: »
    Drink.

I didn't know you were Irish

The song was stuck in my head!

• TefTef Registered User regular
    That's racist David, I am offended

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I am always so confused when I talk to a person who doesn't care about food or doesn't enjoy eating

just

how?

It is one of life's simple pleasures. Eating and Sex are basically the best things nature ever gave us.

And with a good steak, you can kill two birds with one stone.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular

just

how?

And with a good steak, you can kill two birds with one stone.

by putting your dick in the steak???

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

Drink.

I didn't know you were Irish

Aren't you both Australian?

Aren't you?

Yes. That's why I'm an alcoholic.

Oh, yea, don't make any recipes in the "I'm just here for the food" just look at the techniques, and apply them. You can now cook anything decently, and some things will turn out pretty darn good! It gives a very nice baseline for "how I make raw thing not raw?"

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Oden wrote: »
    I don't get this guy

I rarely eat out, but when I do, I usually ask for whatever people in my company are asking for.

How often do you go outside exexexfivefiveexexex?

How often do you go outside exexexfivefiveexexex?

Only to supplement when the vitamin D pills run out.

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    XX55XX wrote: »
    I don't get this guy

I rarely eat out, but when I do, I usually ask for whatever people in my company are asking for.

wow

easysig2.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    no offense intended, but does your tongue work

like do different things taste different

Hey guys what should I make tonight?

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I have a co-worker who is also in the 'I can't cook anything' boat. It's all Lean Cuisines and Hot Pockets. So, the other day she has this chicken-something Hot Pocket, I send her home with a recipe that's basically buy giant roll, stuff giant roll with foodstuffs, bake and enjoy.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Hey guys what should I make tonight?

Ratatouille with a poached egg on top

i'm actually leaving my apartment for the summer at the end of the week so I've been eating a lot of "random shit from fridge/cupboards"

I have decided that I am going to make a pasta sauce with canned tomatoes and roasted red peppers and cream and italian sausage and basil.

that sounds like the best thing to me right now.

I would nix the cream and and in an onion, some anchovies, olives and a few capers. And of course some garlic.

garlic and onion go without saying but no cream stays and anchovies and olives get the hell away forever

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    I don't get this guy

wow

So this is what it's like to live the life of an incredibly bland business man.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    the most uninteresting man in the world

• balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    but seriously, rice, frozen veggies, and tuna? come on, man. go crack an egg or somethin. maybe start on some oven roasted meats which are pretty fuckin easy to pull off. if you wanna go easy and cheap, keep the rice, dump the frozen veggies and tuna, get some chicken and fucking fresh vegetables, man. and don't just boil the vegetables. learn how to utilize an array of spices, maybe even learn how to make your own sauces, or just experiment. cooking really ain't that hard, dawg. and it's well worth investing time into.

you're missing out on one of life's key pleasures for sure, man. live a little.

edited May 2012
    I have decided that I am going to make a pasta sauce with canned tomatoes and roasted red peppers and cream and italian sausage and basil.

Oh my god this is so good.

Steamed some broccolini with a little garlic on the side and I'm in heaven.

#pipe on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    I don't get this guy

wow

Hey I do that sometimes. I'd have never of had pasta with prawns in otherwise if I hadn't seen a friend order it and thought "lets try it and see what happens".

This is also how I had steak rare for the first time.

But Karl, what of his friends are as exciting as he is?

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Holy hell...eating the same meal every night for two years? I can't even eat the same thing too often in the same week without getting bored. There's the night I cook something, then maybe a meal or two more of leftovers. That's the max.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    But Karl, what of his friends are as exciting as he is?

Well they go to restaurants so its safe to say, they are more exiting then him. The question is, how much.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Oh my god this is so good.

Steamed some broccolini with a little garlic on the side and I'm in heaven.

I've never heard of cream in a tomato sauce. I'm scared.

He is the white bread to their, super white bread.

This discussion has been closed.