As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    DAY 1 - Named must your fear be before banish it you can

The council found themselves again in the chambers. They all held a look of wear and worry from the previous day's events. The Order was in disarray. They had barely mounted a war effort in time to combat the Sith. No one was heading the Council's advice for fear they too were corrupted by Sith influence. Small groups had formed and finally made some effort, but everyone in the room knew that if the Jedi did not return fully to the light side of the force, they could very well lose the galaxy.

Master Ret'brah broke the silence, "I have news from our Knights in the field. Nal Hutta has taken massive losses. The other planets in the message were either attacked with scout fleets or not touched at all. We have much work to do."

"If only we could do that work knowing the Sith can not see us", Master Oobedoob Benubi replied with a sad tone.

"Our first task is to re-introduce the Order to harmony. They have turned on themselves. I regret putting Knight ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○ in stasis. He has served so well for so long, but the rest of the Order is convinced he is corrupted." Master Arron Caballa added.

"He will be removed from stasis along with Padawan Olem Lahs when we are sure we have fully contained the Sith threat. It is hard on all of us that it has come to this." Master Marasha Xiloscient said, trying to comfort his fellow Master.

Master Long Yu bowed his head and added "The Force will guide us. We have made it through worse. The Order will not fall."

Master gℓιт¢н interrupted, "I am sorry to prevent further discussion along the lines of regret and sympathy but I have finished piecing together the holorecording that had been scrambled in the archives. This footage is from earlier today."

And with that the Masters leaned forward in their chairs and focused intently on the blue, ghost-like image that was being projected from the holovid in the middle of the room.

Knight Finnigan Rysoh packed his things into the suitcase in the middle of his quarters. He finished packing his travel pack and walked towards the larger pack that would be necessary for the rest of his gear.

Then the second figure entered, Padawan Perio Veris, Rysoh's apprentice. "I am afraid I can not go on this mission with you ... master." The last word hung and then snapped with derision as he made his way to the window on the other side of the room.

Rysoh's face wrinkled with concern and he walked over to his padawan, "What troubles you, young one?"

"You do."

"Whatever I have done, Padawan Ver-"

Veris cut him off, "Do not call me that once more, I am Darth Huggles, Apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith and heir to true power."

They both pulled out their lightsabers simultaneously, but Rysoh was quicker and immediately maneuvered to pin his new foe against the window. Darth Huggles swept low and high, showing new attacks that the Council had never seen, not even among the Sith. But Rysoh held his ground and kept the Apprentice pinned. Huggle's strikes stopped and Rysoh prevented himself from connecting the killing blow.

"Padawan, we can help you. Please do not do this."

"Do what? Tire you out for my real Master?"

And in a blur with one quick motion, a figure appeared behind Rysoh, a red lightsaber ignited, it found itself embedded directly through the back and jutting out through the stomach of the Jedi Knight before he could even turn around.

Darth Huggles walked up close to his former Master and whispered, "No, Rysoh. It is I who will help you. You are weak and it is your time to go. You would not wish to see the power we will unleash, anyways" And without emotion, he cleanly removed the head of his former Jedi master with a lightning fast strike from his lightsaber.

"Dispose of the body"

"Yes Master Hekatombe"

The hooded figure left the room and Darth Huggles began to clean up the mess that had been created, trying to erase all evidence of himself and his Master.

Suddenly the recording started to fast-forward.

Master Ilin Draconis spoke during the interruption, "What else is there to see?"

"Patience" Master Thraellvi'g Gennsan spoke, "Glitch would have stopped it if there was nothing more."

The recording returned to normal speed.

Darth Huggles was nearly done straightening up the room when another hooded figure entered the room.

"My master asked me to straighten up before we leave", the Darth said, acting as Padawan Veris again.

"Here, let me help you", the hooded figure replied.

The hooded walked forward toward the bed, seemingly about to fix the sheets, when in once quick motion he drew his blue lightsaber and made a quick strike at the Apprentice. Darth Huggles parried it easily, so easily that his balance was on the wrong foot when the hooded figure spun and found the killing blow across the Apprentice's neck.

"The Sword of the Jedi always strikes true."

The recording ended.

Master Dark Helmet, "This is both troubling and calming at the same time"

Master Tvet Slyndar, "We must find this Sword of the Jedi. But first we need to reorganize the order. There have been losses and padawans either need masters or the freedom to be a Knight."

shalmelo Padawan Olem Lahs - Put in stasis by the Council
    38thDoe Knight ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○ - Put in stasis on the Order's command
    FecklessRogue Knight Finnigan Rysoh - Killed in a duel
    Baidol Darth Huggles, Apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith - Killed in a duel

Updated Player List and positions:
    Jedi Council
    SLyM Master Tvet Slyndar
    Kias Master Dark Helmet
    Alegis Master Thraellvi'g Gennsan
    matev Master Ilin Draconis
    warban Master gℓιт¢н
    MrBlarney Master Long Yu
    Anialos Master Marasha Xiloscient
    capfalcon Master Arron Caballa
    Smoove Operator Master Oobedoob Benubi
    Ketbra Master Ret'brah

Knight/Padawan Pairings
    TheRoadVirus Knight Vashta Nerada
    Cayrus Padawan Wedge Starkiller

FecklessRogue Knight Finnigan Rysoh
    Baidol Padawan Perio Veris

Infidel Knight Vii'let
    13lasphemer69 Padawan Travius Starscream

AkimboLegs Knight Kado
    Mr. Mojo Risin Padawan Tacitus

That Dave Fella Knight Thafel Fartmaster
    kime Padawan Placeholderus

SaberOverEasy Knight Hammer Wilga
    jdarksun Padawan Krema Matyr

tzeentchling Knight Pandora Rose
    Figgy Padawan Swen Spynar

JABMonkey Knight Ezlee Seyfert
    Rawkking Goodguy Padawan Loane Starr

Cythraul Knight Inactivus
    Nirya Padawan Captain Lou Albano

I needed a name to post Knight Harry S. Plinkett
    Malkor Padawan Peen Rokolu

Assuran Knight Flock
    CaptainPlanet82 Padawan Butscratch'A

pablo_price Knight Scoo'taloo
    Gaslight Padawan Var Falconer

38thDoe Knight ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○

Peccavi Knight Xzibit

Farangu Knight Murtak Nesh
    shalmelo Padawan Olem Lahs

The Anonymous Knight Gree M. D'Arrc
    Schuss Padawan Badevil Goodslayer

REG Rysk Knight Saphelon De'Armetis
    corvidae Padawan corvus corax

mascara305 Knight Niav
    Bedlam Padawan Wang Visectamus

MrTLicious Knight Vitju Mavis
    vertroue Padawan Damaya Weirn

SeGaTai Knight Raest
    Grunt's Ghosts Padawan Vicus Oman

Shiny New Toys Knight Ado Conrye
    Retaba Padawan Ket'Brah

Galactic Status:
    GalaxyMap1.png
    Planets:
    Jedi Controlled Planets:
    Coruscant: Seat of Power. Initially under Jedi Control and this power is controlled by and known to the Jedi Council.

Neutral Planets (Full power description will only be given to the Jedi/Sith that get control of the planet.):
    Alderaan
    Bothuwai
    Fondor
    Hoth
    Nal Hutta
    Tatooine

PMs being sent out now for those who should get them.

Voting and action submittal for day two closes Tuesday at 10pm MST/PDT

ObiFett on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Wait, none of the planets moved at all?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Wait nothing changed at all in the galaxy?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Jetiise, you got some 'splainin to do.....

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    oh well I think we should go back to the nothing changed one.

I liked that one more.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Oh, and Infidel's status is still inconclusive, in case you missed that I'm still alive.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Galaxy didn't upload correctly, its fixed now.

PMs still going out.

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    drunk-ish, and too lazy to read.

three colors?
    green village?
    blue?
    purple =sith mafia?

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Blue is the council, green is village. Purple is the Sith mafia.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »
    Sweet sweet revenge. :)

Also, if anyone wants me to add them to the PM line in question from the sandman phalla, I think it might get a few laughs.

Well, since it's 2 min past the hour, Obi is officially the worst host ever, so yeah, I've got some time to kill.

I was super surprised when I did my mini at how long narration took me. I even tried to do it a few hours early sometimes, but I'd have to rewrite the damn thing because of one or two last minute decisions by someone or other. Chain reactons. Etc.

Then I had to quadruple check everything so I wasn't killing the wrong person, etc., and ruining the game.

And so on. And so on. It looks like Obi has a ton of shit to keep track of on his end, too.

*psst* it was a joke. I've run three mini's and none of them were this ambitious. This one looks even more complicated, and combined with the fact that he's running two games of Wizwar, I am convinced that Obi is in face some kind of crazy, game running computer rather than a person.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I too am confused by the colors.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Oh look, results.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Then why was my name in green? I'm on the council.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Also, sticking with Retaba for now. I'm sure The Force will guide me to a more informed decision later.

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    OOOooooOOOooooOOO

Darth Huggles is an incredible name.

oooOOOOoooOOOOooo

Yeah, I'm not sure what the blue/green coloring indicates. There are padawans, knights and masters all with green, and masters and knights with blue.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited May 2012
    Anialos wrote: »

That was a color hangover from the Shalmelo reveal in the narration. Colored your name in haste when I meant to color the reveal higher.

ObiFett on
    A power? A mistake?

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »
    Sweet sweet revenge. :)

Also, if anyone wants me to add them to the PM line in question from the sandman phalla, I think it might get a few laughs.

Well, since it's 2 min past the hour, Obi is officially the worst host ever, so yeah, I've got some time to kill.

I was super surprised when I did my mini at how long narration took me. I even tried to do it a few hours early sometimes, but I'd have to rewrite the damn thing because of one or two last minute decisions by someone or other. Chain reactons. Etc.

Then I had to quadruple check everything so I wasn't killing the wrong person, etc., and ruining the game.

And so on. And so on. It looks like Obi has a ton of shit to keep track of on his end, too.

*psst* it was a joke. I've run three mini's and none of them were this ambitious. This one looks even more complicated, and combined with the fact that he's running two games of Wizwar, I am convinced that Obi is in face some kind of crazy, game running computer rather than a person.

I know. I was just adding to the convo with an anecdote.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    There's a blue padawan too.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »

That was a color hangover from the Shalmelo reveal in the narration. Forgot to close a tag.

phalla's ruined. i quit.

j/k...

And Knight ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○ is blue in the narration but green in the results.

Hot damn that is a big shift on Nal Hutta.

edited May 2012
    This is the first result narration I have ever done. Sorry it took so long, I will get faster. I also fixed some initial mistakes caused by changing the color on a fluff piece when I meant to change it on an actual narration piece.

Blue means unrevealed. That's all I am giving you.

ObiFett on
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I think blue are unrevealed names (as in we don't know if their owner is good or bad). Green is revealed Jedi, purple is revealed Sith.

More importantly, there should have been at least 7 points on Bothawui last night. Why do we only have 1?

Okay sleep time. Will think more on this tomorrow.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I think blue are unrevealed names (as in we don't know if their owner is good or bad). Green is revealed Jedi, purple is revealed Sith.

More importantly, there should have been at least 7 points on Bothawui last night. Why do we only have 1?

Someone lying about what they did/Sith interference.

Maybe the sith countered the other 6?

ObiFett wrote: »
    This is the first result narration I have ever done. Sorry it took so long, I will get faster. I also fixed some initial mistakes caused by changing the color on a fluff piece when I meant to change it on an actual narration piece.

Blue means unrevealed. That's all I am giving you.

Seriously, I was kidding. You're doing a great job. I'd probably be curled up in a ball somewhere with my friends whispering, "What is that Phalla thing he keeps muttering about."

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go with The Anonymous for failing to make any contact or propose any ideas after my initial proposal to our assigned squad. Even to say "this is garbage and we should just fend for ourselves." Also didn't contribute anything in thread.

With a phalla this mechanics heavy, there's really no excuse for not contributing to the discussion.

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Did anyone else move on hoth last night? PM me if you did.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

I noticed that that was updated to 4. While it's still suspicious, It may not be quite AS suspicious.

Also, Darth Huggles is a great name!

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna go with The Anonymous for failing to make any contact or propose any ideas after my initial proposal to our assigned squad. Even to say "this is garbage and we should just fend for ourselves." Also didn't contribute anything in thread.

With a phalla this mechanics heavy, there's really no excuse for not contributing to the discussion.

This is just how T_A plays. He's not all that active until much later in the game. Maybe he doesn't want to get his heart set on living for the first few days.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    PMs have been sent out. You do not get a PM for galactic conquest based powers (unless you gain a power from it).

If you think you should have gotten a PM, please tell me.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Current Spreadsheet (up to post 925)

While the planet influence situation is not so good, at least we're off to a good start in terms of the eliminated players record. We should be able to make up some ground on the former front if we can organize our actions carefully.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    oooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOO

Hey my first Day 1ing! Now I feel loved! :)

oOOOOOOOOooOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOoo

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    So, time to focus on a planet yet or are we gonna slowly watch this galaxy turn red? :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    So, time to focus on a planet yet or are we gonna slowly watch this galaxy turn red? :P
    Make sure to publically say which planet so that the sith can take all the others.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Well of course. It'd be dumb NOT to!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph