As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

a triple turtle [chat]

• LucidLucid Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    You know, I truly believe that I have enough passion, dedication, and force of personality to eventually get what I want out of life.

But oh my god is the build-up to that point driving freaking batty.

Yeah, same here.

Often I'll face difficulty in being too cynical.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    jacob

u r penis

i shall call u names on skiep

obF2Wuw.png
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    is channel dave named after someone

I don't think so, apparently it's named that because "Everybody knows a bloke called Dave"

sig.gif
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't think I've ever met a "bloke" in my life

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

What about that Shrewdby St. Thames bloke

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Oh you have, they're insidious so they are.

sig.gif
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So last night before avengers me and the fiancee went to Five Guys for the first time.

Didn't realize that when you order 2 regular fries they dump enough for at leaat 2 more regular fries into the bag with it

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    im at least 3 blokes

beware

obF2Wuw.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    surreality irl:

earthboundpic2.jpg

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Man, Perfect Blue is such a messed up movie...

工事中
    oh god now i went into the sexual orientation thread

good

lord

good

lord

good lord

good lord

obF2Wuw.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    some examples of loose skin are pretty crazy

like, the people who were super super super morbidly obese by hundreds and hundreds of pounds and then lose weight

it's seriously trippy looking

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    oh god now i went into the sexual orientation thread

good

lord

good

lord

good lord

good lord

Yeah, I'm not going in there...

工事中
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I love Dara O'Briain. Easily my favourite comedian.

I saw his new show live back in February. It was fantastic.

However the maths show thingy he's doing right now on Dave? awful.

My friend worked on that!

I watched the first episode. The guest comic seemed to be either very uninterested or very nervous, which kind of put me off the show. Dara is plenty enthusiastic and obviously smart, but the format seemed a bit weak.

My friend said he was great to work with but upon reflection seems to have been careful not to say if it was any good

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I read the sci/philo thread. Oh my.

if some people are mistaken about their sexuality

HOW CAN ANYBODY KNOW?

THIS ONE TIME I FUCKED UP A MEASUREMENT WITH A RULER AND NOW I KNOW THE LENGTHS OF NOTHINGGGGGGG

obF2Wuw.png
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I started playing games on my budget laptop (no GFX card) and it makes the fan go craaaazy.

How do those cooling pads work? Are they effective? Are they dear?

I figure I could take a bear.
    i once had an alienware laptop that broke precisely because of cooling problems, and i never actually got a cooling pad

however, the tech support guys said i should have got one and they look cool :(

ps posh buy a HUGE desktop the size of your HEAD

obF2Wuw.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    I started playing games on my budget laptop (no GFX card) and it makes the fan go craaaazy.

They are more for your lap then the computer itself overall, they help but not that much IMO

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh boy. Guy on trial for three murders and twelve attempted murders said in court he has Asperger's.

Clueless media shitstorm in 3... 2...

Echo wrote: »
    Oh boy. Guy on trial for three murders and twelve attempted murders said in court he has Asperger's.

Clueless media shitstorm in 3... 2...

Can I be the antidote to that and say you are the very model of a modern major general here, and give the lie to all those hateful aspie stereotypes?

they know of my crimes

tumblr_lnjfrk5ACk1qzg024o1_1280.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »

good ones exist

but they're hard to get

look for: made of metal, elevated, multiple fans, lots of airspace, AC power options (especially if there is an attached USB hub). LED lights are a bad sign. ebay is ideal here.

aRkpc.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Sexy new avatar get

a friend I know had a honking huge four-fan montrosity for his 17" pentium 4 laptop, which overheated to exactly the extent you'd expect

laptop cooling pads of that size no longer seem to exist though

aRkpc.gif
    the one i was told to get for my alienware was a fucking beast

what was funny is that they said every single model of that type needed one or they were basically unusable, which is hilarious

if only i had bought it in the uk i could have hit them with "fit for purpose" :(

obF2Wuw.png
    (I have a laptop fan right now, one with a usb hub and a USB+12v DC power which I appropriated a BT modem's adapter for. I had a pile of previous ones which worked much worse though. My current laptop doesn't overheat but the pad makes the keyboard perceptibly cooler, which is nice.)

aRkpc.gif
    I want to be a fly on the wall of a Disney exec meeting discussing why John Carter flopped whilst Avengers did not.

aRkpc.gif
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I want to be a fly on the wall of a Disney exec meeting discussing why John Carter flopped whilst Avengers did not.

John Carter's trailer was sadly generic.

The Avengers has had five movies worth of hype hyping it up.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Didn't they just fire the head honcho at Disney?

I get the impression that producers have so little idea of what's good (c.f. Kevin Smith talking about his Superman script) that no-one is going to just say 'Avengers was a better film'.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I watched the John Carter trailer and wondered if they were intending Conan The Barbarian meets Avatar meets Stargate.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Some WSJ speculation suggesting he was fired more for fighting-with-Pixar reasons than John Carter, which he did not greenlight.

What I really want to know is what the execs think, if they blame marketing then logically the next Disney superhero movie (Spiderman?) is going to have the mother of all ad campaigns, studios seem rather reactive that way. It changed a staggering loss to a staggering profit so it must work right?

aRkpc.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Some WSJ speculation suggesting he was fired more for fighting-with-Pixar reasons than John Carter, which he did not greenlight.

What I really want to know is what the execs think, if they blame marketing then logically the next Disney superhero movie (Spiderman?) is going to have the mother of all ad campaigns, studios seem rather reactive that way. It changed a staggering loss to a staggering profit so it must work right?

Spider-Man is a Sony picture, I believe.

Huh. So it is. Dark Knight Rises is Warner Bros, too.

aRkpc.gif
    lol posh that kevin smith video is funny i is watchin now

obF2Wuw.png
    Huh. So it is. Dark Knight Rises is Warner Bros, too.

Warner Bros own DC, Disney own Marvel.

Can't believe you would confuse the two. They're as different as Hawk & Dove, Cloak & Dagger, Power Man & Iron Fist.

I beg sleep deprivation.

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.