As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Attendees Map AND Where You're From Discussion

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    LOVE THIS!! I used to work as a travel agent, so I love this stuff. Great to see where people are coming from.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    tinedizzle wrote: »
    so, how many of you put a place on the map, but now you can't go cause tickets sold out in record time, got my 3 day pass 30 minutes before they sold out. WHEW!!!!

I was lucky and was one of the people that broke the first vendor!!

• BerymBerym MetaGeek Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You can add me to the map, by the way - Sydney, Australia :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Berym wrote: »
    You can add me to the map, by the way - Sydney, Australia :)

Please read the OP, there's submission instructions there.

• BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Conway, AR. Flying out of Littlerock. First time flying and first time to PAX should be interesting.

• CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    it makes me sad to only see 4 dots around he L.A. area, even though i know so many more people are travelling via paxtrain

Crogoth on
  • helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    No DFW people on the map? Well...let me first then!

First time to PAX! My awesome pre-birthday trip!

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    To get a placemark added to the map
    0) Check the map to make sure you aren't already on there! Many people submit early and then forget about it.. then they submit again closer to the show ;)
    1) GO HERE: http://www.getlatlon.com/ and get the latitude and longitude of where you want your marker to go. You do this by dragging the map around. The crosshairs in the middle indicate from where the Lat/Long is being derived. It's dirt simple, thankfully.
    2) Copy the decimal Lat/Long somewhere, or write it down. Make sure you include any minus signs that may be present... this matters A LOT.
    3) please submit this handy dandy google form. I'll be compiling the submissions about once per week into the map itself.

Just so people don't miss it, you need to submit via the above.

Also I just realized, I forgot to add a little description of my home! I'm from St. Louis, MO (Cardinal's nation, which will be in full tilt during PAX, so if I'm frantically checking my phone for scores you know why! I actually have game tickets the day after I get back.)
    We're a big small town as they say with major sports teams in 3 of the 4 categories (Football, Hockey and MLB. No basketball. We had an indoor soccer team, but honestly, I don't know if we still do.)

Additionally I'm within striking distance of the oldest wine appelation region in the US (August, MO) and try to make a yearly trip out that way (missed last year.)

• ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Travelling from Koopatino, California. This will be my 4th PAX, missing last year's.

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »
    Also I just realized, I forgot to add a little description of my home! I'm from St. Louis, MO (Cardinal's nation, which will be in full tilt during PAX, so if I'm frantically checking my phone for scores you know why! I actually have game tickets the day after I get back.)

Pfft... Cardinals? Too bad for you. I can count on the White Sox being eliminated from post-season contention by September, so I can enjoy PAX without distractions. Now THAT'S a considerate team.

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So... remove me from the map because I was ready to buy tickets last week.. when they had the system issues.. and before I got home from work.. they sold out on tickets SO... Ain't goin. I went every single year... and don't get to go this year. Way to piss off your locals, pax. What upsets me the most is that I would have had tickets, if they had all their ducks in a row.. They didn't even post what DAY they were posting tickets up this week to give us all a heads up... poor handling on their part.

Sarahstrasza on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I got mine before the first site went into meltdown, which is rather fortunate cos I'd have missed out and had already booked flights/apartment.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    So... remove me from the map because I was ready to buy tickets last week.. when they had the system issues.. and before I got home from work.. they sold out on tickets SO... Ain't goin. I went every single year... and don't get to go this year. Way to piss off your locals, pax. What upsets me the most is that I would have had tickets, if they had all their ducks in a row.. They didn't even post what DAY they were posting tickets up this week to give us all a heads up... poor handling on their part.

Sorry you're not going to be able to make it, but let's not turn this into a registration complaint thread, eh?

• MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    Travelling from Scotland, this will be 2nd PAX (first being PAX East 2011).

Edinburgh is one of the most cultural, cosmopolitan and beautiful cities in the world. Is a lovely place to live. =]

• Katie85Katie85 Registered User regular
    We're a big small town as they say with major sports teams in 3 of the 4 categories (Football, Hockey and MLB. No basketball. We had an indoor soccer team, but honestly, I don't know if we still do.)

Additionally I'm within striking distance of the oldest wine appelation region in the US (August, MO) and try to make a yearly trip out that way (missed last year.)

I'd add a description of my home (STL), but this pretty much sums it up. Cardinal nation and beer- we've got it made!
    Pfft... Cardinals? Too bad for you. I can count on the White Sox being eliminated from post-season contention by September, so I can enjoy PAX without distractions. Now THAT'S a considerate team.

Also, this made me laugh. Love it.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Katie85 wrote: »

I'd add a description of my home (STL), but this pretty much sums it up. Cardinal nation and beer- we've got it made!

Also, this made me laugh. Love it.

Eehhhhh, Whaaa? More St. Louisians? I'm Shocked! No, Awed! No, Intrigued! There are only one of us on the map right now.
    You're right, I mentioned the wine, but I forgot the Beer. We were nation's brewing capital until AB (spit!) sold out. Thanks to a complicated set of laws designed to Keep AB in power in this town (Read Tom Schlafy's Memoir "A new religion in Mecca" to understand it directly) microbrewing got off to a slow start here. However, Tom Schlafly (Former owner of the St. Louis Brewery DBA Schlafly beer) is also a lawyer and from a very influential family got the laws changed all up in the State Hizzouse! meaning Microbrewing is currently in EXPLOSION! here. (like it was many places 3-4 or more years ago.) I personally know at least 2-3 brewmasters at various small brew/pubs.

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Oh, stuff about where I live - Manchester United are based here (so's another team, but we don't mention them!). It rains lots here, Lancashire County Cricket Club are based here, there's lots of shops, schools and 3 universities. I'm not from Manchester though, I'm from West Cumbria, which apart from being quite radioactive at times, is the most beautiful place on God's Earth!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • GeckoKunGeckoKun PalmdaleRegistered User new member
    Hi all! I'm excited for my first time going to PAX! I'm not entirely sure where I'm allowed and where I'm not allowed to post. So this is me saying to the world that I hope to have a good first experience there!

I'm from Palmdale, California. It's a couple hours north of L.A. in the Mojave Desert. I have yet to figure out all the details necessary for this trip, so I will be constantly reading up as much as I can on these forums to make sure that I don't miss anything.

• MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    Oh, stuff about where I live - Manchester United are based here (so's another team, but we don't mention them!). It rains lots here, Lancashire County Cricket Club are based here, there's lots of shops, schools and 3 universities. I'm not from Manchester though, I'm from West Cumbria, which apart from being quite radioactive at times, is the most beautiful place on God's Earth!

The Lake District is about the only nice part of England though. =P

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Oh something about Edmonton, eh?

Well it's the capital city of the province of Alberta. We are the northern-most major metropolitan centre in North America, with a population of over 1,000,000 in the capital region. The city is known as "The Gateway to the North" due to the amount of traffic coming through here on the way to the oil-sands, and as "The Festival City" due to the wall to wall amount of festivals we have during the 6 months the city isn't a frigid wasteland. We have the second largest Fringe Festival in the world, the first being in Edinburgh. This is a performing arts festival where you can see artists from a number of different genres and disciplines. We are also the home to the largest shopping mall in North America. It used to be in the world, but then China and Dubai got rich. We won't talk about the mall though, cause it's a bloody tourist trap that no one admits to going to.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Something About Auckland?

Well we're the largest City in New Zealand. The Hobbits are mostly all on the South Island. We're surrounded by (mostly) dormant volcanoes. Public Transportation is awesome (compared to the States), Medical stuff is great (see previous note) and the choices of asian food are through the rood and almost always amazing.

Oh and Meat Pies with Watties Tomato sauce. Also, Pavlova is a Kiwi invented dessert, not Aussie (am I doing this right?)!

• nowaymartinnowaymartin 3rd Dan Lima, PerúRegistered User regular
    Oh well...there goes my info.
    This is going to be awesome!

ichi-go ichi-e
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Stuff about Windsor? Pretty sure we have the highest amount of strip clubs per capita. Or at least we used to hold that title. We get a lot of rowdy Americans coming over thinking they can drink when they're 19 only to get humiliated and then start fist fights. We have to apologize for the fights, and then we buy them a donut on the hoose.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • automaticjimautomaticjim Tampa, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I'll be coming in from Tampa, Florida.

See you at PAX Prime!
    Twitter - Automaticjim
    Steam - Outbreak

If you’re winning, play safe and keep the game clean and simple. If you are losing, take risks and complicate the game.
  • miklepandamiklepanda Registered User regular
    Ii'll be going all the way over from Peru

• CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    the map is starting to look like Risk

• Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    I am from Vancouver, BC. (Or near enough as makes no difference...) We are best known for hosting a Winter Olympics and forgetting to order the snow. However, the weather is pretty nice here. Occasionally. We have no sports teams. >.>

• ALKADERALKADER Registered User regular

Let's hope QPR do the reds a big favor!

• appletartappletart Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I am seeing if there is anyone on here that is going to PAX from AK if so maybe we can talk about plans on getting there and what not.

There's a few Anchorage folk I know of that make the trip to PAX. I can't chime in on travel plans because ours are a bit crazy this year (we'll be on vacation in California and then flying to Seattle for PAX), but we are out there. :) Maybe we'll get organized early enough next year to make travel plans together, I bet it'd be a blast.

• SuperstitionSuperstition Registered User regular
    Las Vegas, awwwwww yeah!

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
  • Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    I am from Vancouver, BC. (Or near enough as makes no difference...)

Yes it does!! We dont want other people to think BC only has 1 city do we?? Im from Coquitlam, You??

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    helen0rz wrote: »
    No DFW people on the map? Well...let me first then!

First time to PAX! My awesome pre-birthday trip!

I'm actually a DFW resident, but I live overseas with my parents while my dad works over here :P We do have a house in Grand Prairie though, and that's ACTUALLY where i'll be coming in from :)

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • DrPrestonDrPreston Registered User new member
    Coming in form Utah. And I'm not the only one!!!!! :) We'll be sure to bring lots of low point beer.

My ladyfriend and I are also coming from Utah xD

• Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    I am from Vancouver, BC. (Or near enough as makes no difference...)

Yes it does!! We dont want other people to think BC only has 1 city do we?? Im from Coquitlam, You??

Currently: Richmond. Soon-to-be: Langley.

• DrPrestonDrPreston Registered User new member
    Anyone else from Utah interested in a pre-PAX meetup?

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    UNHMAN wrote: »
    Ha HAAAA! According to the map, I am now the closest to Prime!

(until Heleor updates his location, that is. In the meantime I'll bask in my temporary awesomeness)

You live in a lake? lol.

It's my secret underwater lair.

You're lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us, living in a shoebox in the middle of the road!

(It was a cardboard box. We were lucky.)

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Map'd! Another year with @Chadzill1983.
    Lucky for him I got our tickets in The Great Crash of 2012.
    And (hopefully) my first year I can take Friday off! YES!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    You're lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us, living in a shoebox in the middle of the road!

(It was a cardboard box. We were lucky.)
    You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down at the mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.

LOVE the MP reference!! :)

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    Genuinely surprised by the lack of Chicago people. Am I really the only one here?

(assuming my info just hasn't been added to the map yet)

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
    edited May 2012
    I'll probably run another update tonight. Also remember that the map is a subset of the forumers, and the forumers are a subset of attendees :) It's probably 1% of the total individual attendees that end up on the map once it's all done. Probably a good general cross-section though.

zerzhul on
This discussion has been closed.