As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Well of course. It'd be dumb NOT to!
    Some would say it is virtual insanity.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Darth Huggles, the most sinister of sith. An excellent result.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Hello fellow Jedi. The Sword has told me that you may direct concerns to me. Any information you obtained from your meditations or see rings may prove useful.

Master Ketbra, if you would be so kind to tell us more about your suspicion of Infidel, that would be appreciated

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Already a Jedi knight, eh? I'll be watching my career with great interest.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Already a Jedi knight, eh? I'll be watching my career with great interest.

Not TOO much interest, I hope. That way lies the dark side.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I also have some suspect on Infidel but cannot elaborate from phone. Also: research in case I misread something key.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I don't have any suspicions currently :| Although all this attraction to Infidel is worrying.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    From what I've seen, Infidel hasn't really done anything to warrant suspicion. Though I could be completely missing something obvious, which would be great if someone pointed it out to me.

Bandwagons on day one have kept us from having much to go on for day 2. :(
    Did anyone gain a power from a planetary takeover mission? They'd be one of the few people we could for sure trust

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    As was pointed out to me because I asked a similar question, did any of the planets get to 12 for the jedi? :)

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    No planets reached 12 so nobody gained powers.

You can probably trust Akimbolegs as his claimed role was named in dark green in the narration.

Voting out Infidel as of now is dumb, I'd recommend looking over yesterday for people who clearly weren't interested in participating in discussion yesterday, since there was a hell of a lot to think about from a villager's perspective. Baidol might be a good person to compare to as I don't recall him discussing much of anything, which he usually does. Maybe put up a few bits and pieces somewhere as I don't think he'd forget to talk entirely (unless he was too frantically busy with organizing the mafia on the proboards heh).

Can't do much myself as I'm gearing up for my last final.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    So the one thing I would really like is if all the other Jedi specials got into contact with me. Based on what I'm told we shouldn't have to worry about conversion of the specials.

I'll stop beating around the bush, just to avoid confusion. I am the Vig, so if your PM was anything like mine, there should be no reason to not contact me, as pertains to conversions.

edited May 2012
    As previously listed in the random number thing, here's the people who went with us on the mission:

TheRoadVirus
    KetBra
    Infidel
    FecklessRogue
    Cythraul

Forgot that KetBra sent us the PM, so he is removed from this list.

Erin The Red on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    To be fair on T_A, he didn't respond to my PM either, so he might be away from the computer.

If we have anyone we need to block, I trained last night and can powerblock anyone.

Do we know how much a Knight/Master/Padawan count for as far as planetary control? Is it 1-2-3 in order of power, or could there maybe be a vote manipulation-style thing going on?

Seems like that is a variable that is unexplained (unless i missed that too?) and maybe people are assuming values?

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Voting out Infidel as of now is dumb
    [ citation needed ]

You may want to explain why it is dumb. Perhaps you'd like to share with the class?

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    based on my limited knowledge as a f#@%$2#%in' padawan, i believe my master reg rysk (with my @#$@$##%@% support) had gone to nal whatever.

take that as you will.

edited May 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    As previously listed in the random number thing, here's the people who went with us on the mission:

TheRoadVirus
    KetBra
    Infidel
    FecklessRogue
    Cythraul

Forgot that KetBra sent us the PM, so he is removed from this list.
    Did you actually hear from FecklessRogue and Cythraul that they went to Bothuwui, or are you making an assumption?

Edit: Jesus, I'm bad with bbcode today

This is a bit of an assumption, as they didn't expressly state after the fact that it was, in fact, what they did, but Feckless was the one to suggest the destination, and Cythraul said something along the lines of "should I have my padawan come along?"

Erin The Red on
    corvidae wrote: »
    based on my limited knowledge as a f#@%$2#%in' padawan, i believe my master reg rysk (with my @#$@$##%@% support) had gone to nal whatever.

take that as you will.

Two people with the most random names in history just got notifications and are immensely confused.

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    THE ROAD VIRUS

What'd I do this time?
    And all caps?
    WHO HAS SUMMONED ME

[ citation needed ]

You may want to explain why it is dumb. Perhaps you'd like to share with the class?

He's being Infidel in thread. He's always Infidel in thread, all the time, every game, almost invariably in the same saying a bit but still offering a bit of insight here and there way and seeming shifty. Voting out someone for acting the exact same way as they always do just because they're high profile is incredibly dumb.

Jdark's analysis actually possibly offers some real reason to vote Infidel, I was mostly responding to Reg Rysk's claims of having "reasons" to vote Infidel.

In some ways I wish we could not have this damn "WHAT IS INFIDEL UP TO!!!1" discussion every damn day 1 and 2 but I begrudgingly admit it has some value.

Based on @jdarksun 's calculations, it would seem that Bothawui should have recieved between 8-12 points?
    It would appear that our group didn't have a master in it that I can tell from cross-checking the list really quick, so with Knights alone we should have had 8 unless we were sabatoged either from within or from outside the group by random chance

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Buh?

Just checking in to say (TRV already did) that we went for Bothawui.

This is my confusion point. Mostly because I was in PMs with TRV most of the day and was PLANNING to have just me and him and our padawan go to Nal Hutta. I confirmed that was the order to go in, and he agreed. Now he is saying he did not go there, Infidel is confirming this fact publicly.

I was not happy with TRV over the bringing in of Capfalcon to a conversation about where we were going. The idea was to keep our squad minimal so we could determine who may have Sith in their midst. But if you look at the numbers, the sheer VOLUME of sith influence on Nal Hutta is astronomical meaning they were likely informed of our plan. Between my padawan, TRV and his, Capfalcon and his and Infidel. Add in the fact that Farangu went there and there could be issues with him or his other contacts.

To me, I think I've convinced myself that TRV was well meaning in all of this soft networking, but he crossed them up because he's not as familiar with how it should work. I didn't share my plan with him because...well...it would kind of defeat the purpose if he knew and was Sith. If he was contacted by Infidel, I feel he would be convinced he was more on point and follow him about because it's a thing people do at times.

As such, I conclude that Infidel is playing a game here and took advantage of a newer player. I do not claim to know his allegiance, this is simply my suspicion. As a veteran player myself, I would like to up front defend the "This is a mafia ploy to make Infi look bad for the whole game" type thing; I know better than to pull that lame brain move because you're all more likely to turn on me based on the system I chose to run my mission on. And if a Sith, you would then cast suspicion off of him and yadda yadda a good Infi is bad for the mafia derpy derp.

My list:
    Infidel, Capfalcon, TRV, respective padawans (to include my own)

I was planning on going there. Then somebody re-worked the task groups or whatever, and I went with the new task group.
    I never invited anyone to any PM thread. Capfalcon started one and told us to all seer him or each other or whatever, and I informed him that we previously had plans in place.

You're missing the part where I just think you're a patsy in the middle. Why would you deviate from a plan without notifying the people you were planning with? Unless you want to set me up to look like an idiot.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Infidel

Where should I go tonight? I just chilled on Coruscant yesterday since T_A never responded as to where I should go.

I 100% promise you, I am not trying to make anyone look like anything. I figured if plans were changing, then the less people that knew about it, the better. I'm not sure who I can trust, so exposing a plan to a larger audience statistically improved the chances of it getting spoiled.

Would all Jedi Nal Hutta missions be accounted for in this planning?

You would think from the high numbers that the Sith tried to take Nal Hutta in its entirety and failed, which could add to this analysis. Getting to 12 has a high value for either team as the other team has to sink a whole 12 points into the planet to bring it back to neutral, your team having access to the power all the while.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I chose to meditate last night and did not take part in any missions.

I can confirm that Tzeentch told me this, though I cannot confirm it's authenticity in the end.

[ citation needed ]

He's being Infidel in thread. He's always Infidel in thread, all the time, every game, almost invariably in the same saying a bit but still offering a bit of insight here and there way and seeming shifty. Voting out someone for acting the exact same way as they always do just because they're high profile is incredibly dumb.

Jdark's analysis actually possibly offers some real reason to vote Infidel, I was mostly responding to Reg Rysk's claims of having "reasons" to vote Infidel.

In some ways I wish we could not have this damn "WHAT IS INFIDEL UP TO!!!1" discussion every damn day 1 and 2 but I begrudgingly admit it has some value.
    Note how when analysis and logic appear, Rawkking abruptly shifts from
    to
    Jdark's analysis actually possibly offers some real reason to vote Infidel[...]I begrudgingly admit it has some value.
    Also, that...thing. Cute, but what does that have to do with anything? It just sounds like a total distraction.

edited May 2012
    :rotate:

Look when those posts were made in relation to other posts and actually read them this time. Also, perhaps you should have brought some evidence yourself when accusing Infidel aside from a little memetic quip if you didn't want to incite such a response to your silly geesery?

Edit: Upon reflection, you technically didn't accuse Infidel of being mafia then and I misread your post and was wrong about that. My points in earlier points remain valid though :P

Back to studying.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    The Anon, I hope you talk to your padawan today.

Random idea, feel free to let me know if it's completely dumb:

Should we "re-roll" our groups, and try to do another thing today, be it planets or meditation or some combination?
    If we keep the groups rotating, we can maybe pinpoint the corruption easier if on day 1 this planet got less and then on day 2 this planet is lacking, and oh look this person was on both teams, or something like that. Wouldn't be foolproof, but it may help some

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Knight claims (first-hand):
    Infidel				Bothuwui
    MrTLicious			Bothuwui
    TheRoadVirus			Bothuwui
    Farangu				Nal Hutta
    SaberOverEasy			Nal Hutta

Knight claims (second-hand):
    Cythraul			Bothuwui
    FecklessRogue			Bothuwui
    REG Rysk			Nal Hutta

Planetary values:
    Bothawui	4
    Nal Hutta	-9

Assuming those who reported in have told the truth, we should have expected:
    Bothawui	10 to 15
    Nal Hutta	6 to 9

Including second-hand claims...

Bothuwui:
    3 Jedi Knights + Padawan Support = +9
    1 Sith Knight + Padawan Support = -3
    1 Sith (subverted?) Knight = -2
    Total = +4

Nal Hutta:
    1 Jedi Knight + Padawan Support = +3
    3 Sith Knight + Padawan Support = -9
    1 Sith Master = -3
    Total = -9

2 (Sith Knights on Alderaan) + 1 (Sith Master on Tatooine) + 2 (Sith Knights on Bothuwui) + 3 (Sith Knights on Nal Hutta) + 1 (Sith Master on Nal Hutta) = 9 Sith. Maybe number ten used his action to kill FecklessRogue.

Implications

Two Sith (one Knight, one Padawan?) among:
    Infidel / 13lasphemer69
    MrTLicious / vertroue
    TheRoadVirus / Cayrus
    Cythraul / Nirya
    FecklessRogue / Baidol

Three Sith (all Knights?) among:
    Farangu / shalmelo
    SaberOverEasy / jdarksun
    REG Rysk / corvidae
    +UNKNOWN

Morning phalla: I was also involved with a mission to Bothuwui after a master got in touch with me yesterday, padawan supported, wasn't around during the witching hour or until now for that matter to make a claim. Don't know how that changes the numbers, still off by a lot there.

PSN SeGaTai
    The Anon, I hope you talk to your padawan today.
    I'll admit there was some miscommunication on my part here. :rotate:

I'm getting additional information. Recalculating.

You sound like my GPS droid. Always telling me to make a U-turn. Ugh!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    to
    Jdark's analysis actually possibly offers some real reason to vote Infidel[...]I begrudgingly admit it has some value.

I'm not quite sure I understand, isn't that a good thing? No logic, and the vote is bad, logic, and the vote is better? Were you actually critiquing Rawkking for that?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited May 2012
    kime wrote: »
    to

I'm not quite sure I understand, isn't that a good thing? No logic, and the vote is bad, logic, and the vote is better? Were you actually critiquing Rawkking for that?
    Well, it was just-

Wait.

I see what you're doing here. :lol:

The Anonymous on
    Kime, Infidel, and I are all the mafias.