As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    hmm watching this episode now
    I thought Sir Rodrik brought a few hundred men with him to retake Winterfell and was killed by the Bastard.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Bucketman wrote: »
    hmm watching this episode now
    I thought Sir Rodrik brought a few hundred men with him to retake Winterfell and was killed by the Bastard.

How I think they're going to do it instead is

Books 2 and 3:
    Roose sends his bastard to Winterfell with an army like he mentions in the newest episode, but the maniac instead takes it for himself/the Boltons.

We get the same result as the books, just by a more direct path.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    I really like the actor who plays Jaqen H'ghar
    Arry is all "IT HAS TO BE NOW!" and he just gives the best ok fine god damn face

• Options
    ha ha oh man
    The worlds most awkward cuddle

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    That was the plan Jon Snow
    to give you a boner
    and you
    got one

• Options
    So have they said anything about the Reeds at all? I'm not sure when/how there going to introduce them at this point

• Options
    ffaristocratffaristocrat Registered User regular
    Re: lack of horses

I've read that any scene that involves horses ends up taking three times as long to film because they can be uncooperative. So they've just steadily eliminated them when they can.

Even the scenes that do have horses, you'll notice that most of them do cuts away while people are actually climbing on or off them.

• Options
    ffaristocratffaristocrat Registered User regular
    Could they possibly do a one-off Roberts Rebellion episode at some point to fill in the backstory? It would have needed a load of explanation to make Ned's flashback make sense. Not that it not making sense at the time really matters.

It would be pretty cool to have an entire episode that's just a flashback. Bring back Sean Bean, show parts of the rebellion and the Tower of Joy. He might be a little old by then to play a 20 year younger version of himself but with some good styling (maybe some CGI ala X3?), they could pull it off. The ratings, of course, would be huge.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    If they get too far ahead of GRRM, they should do an entire flashback season. Show all the cool stuff we never get a direct PoV of.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

I've read that any scene that involves horses ends up taking three times as long to film because they can be uncooperative. So they've just steadily eliminated them when they can.

Even the scenes that do have horses, you'll notice that most of them do cuts away while people are actually climbing on or off them.

An out-take reel made entirely of scenes being ruined by uncooperative horses is something I would find hilarious.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »

An out-take reel made entirely of scenes being ruined by uncooperative horses is something I would find hilarious.

poop everywhere

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    the most inappropriate, mood-ruining poops

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Let's be fair here, poop could be used to improve a variety of scenes.

Such as anything involving Ros ooooooooooooooooooh!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Ros introduces Joffrey to the cleveland steamer

GOAT GOT character position secured

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Has this show had even one flashback? If we're already halfway through season two and there's been no flashbacks I imagine that it's a stylistic choice. A stylistic choice I kind of agree with.

I'm betting if the Tower of Joy is ever touched on it will only be someone talking about it, probably while having sex with Ros.

The actor who played Robert conveyed the death of Leanna so well through his dialogue that I hardly missed a flashback.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I gotta say just lying down on bare rock on a hill in a frozen landscape to sleep the night seems like a surefire way to die. I mean Ygritte says that, she sure dosn't insist though you know.

Still love the costuming. I'm glad everyone's tits arn't hanging out in Qarth.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I gotta say just lying down on bare rock on a hill in a frozen landscape to sleep the night seems like a surefire way to die. I mean Ygritte says that, she sure dosn't insist though you know.

Still love the costuming. I'm glad the spice king's tits arn't hanging out in Qarth.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular

Also HBO horseracing show Luck was cancelled after 3 horses died during production.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »

poop everywhere

Book...2 or 3, I forget!
    That actually happens, Tywin is riding his horse up to the Iron Throne to take his place as Hand and his horse just drops a big ol' steamer. Everyone tries to ignore it until a page can clean it up quietly.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

Also HBO horseracing show Luck was cancelled after 3 horses died during production.

They should just tape a bunch of cats together.

• Options
    wyld_thangwyld_thang Registered User regular
    Afaik it is hard doing stuff with horses in Iceland, since they have strict rules concerning importing horses (never) and exporting horses (you'll never come back) which should make it a bit harder, still

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    King's Landing stuff was filmed in Croatia so it wouldn't be in effect there. In one of the D&D threads it was pointed out how dangerous it could be trying to film a mob scene with a horse, let alone multiple horses, it would pretty much be guaranteed that someone would get trampled to death.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    wyld_thangwyld_thang Registered User regular
    Yes but I thought it funny how many horses where at Craster's compared to the Fist of the first men...

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I was just trying to trim Rodrik's ridiculous whiskers, honest!

MERCY! MERCY! MEEEEERCCYYYYY!

Ahem, i mean, uhhhh... what is dead may never, like, die... or something.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Does Dance with Dragons end with a cliffhanger?
    I've just finished reading Feast for Crows and I'm kinda regretting it. It is quite detached form the first three books, I feel like it would have been a good idea to leave it for later, seeing as how the sixth book is coming out in three years. But now that I've read FfC I guess I should read DwD since it's happening concurrently.
    E: forgot we have the book thread as well, sorry.

Mayday on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    A bit, yes.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Does Dance with Dragons end with a cliffhanger?
    I've just finished reading Feast for Crows and I'm kinda regretting it. It is quite detached form the first three books, I feel like it would have been a good idea to leave it for later, seeing as how the sixth book is coming out in three years. But now that I've read FfC I guess I should read DwD since it's happening concurrently.

Several.

Like, almost every major POV character.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    All I want is an entire season of Tyrion slapping Joffery.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The show is doing an excellent job at making him a person, rather than the efficient, brutal bastard that he is in the books. But even in the books, you gotta respect Tywin.

yeah, he is by far my favorite of the ruling people.

this spoiler, marked by spoiler tags, is a spoiler. If you have not read the books, it will tell you what happens in future events.
    I was totally behind Tyrion killing him, because that shit was messed up, but I really do think that had Tywin been able to center power, he would have been a good ruler. He is a colossal dick, but he is by far a better ruler than Renly, Stannis, or Joffrey.

Langly on
  • Options
    Oh god Langly mark that as a book spoiler!

Argh why did I click it!

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    You'll have forgotten about it by the time it comes up.

• Options
    Quick hit my head as hard as possible!

It's the only way dammit!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    The show is doing an excellent job at making him a person, rather than the efficient, brutal bastard that he is in the books. But even in the books, you gotta respect Tywin.

yeah, he is by far my favorite of the ruling people.
    I was totally behind Tyrion killing him, because that shit was messed up, but I really do think that had Tywin been able to center power, he would have been a good ruler. He is a colossal dick, but he is by far a better ruler than Renly, Stannis, or Joffrey.

That is one motherfuck of a spoiler

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Oh god Langly mark that as a book spoiler!

Argh why did I click it!

it is a spoiler

in a spoiler tag? The post I am responding to is talking about the books.

Langly on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Are we going to have this argument again?

I suppose it has been like three pages or something.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It takes about one second to label it as a book spoiler and save people some misery, since people who only watch the show come to this thread.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    This is the show thread, you should have posted that in the book thread.

he was talking about the books?

• Options
    It takes about one second to label it as a book spoiler and save people some misery, since people who only watch the show come to this thread.

ok, since you completely changed the post you had originally, I will say again, that it was a direct response to a post about the books.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    This is the show thread, you should have posted that in the book thread.

he was talking about the books?

I revised my post to just say that labeling book spoilers is best.

• Options
    Langly he also explicitly mentioned the tv show version of Tywin.