As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kime, Infidel, and I are all the mafias.

I heard that mafias have like five lightsabers, and count for 12 people each on account of all the flipping. Is this true?

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    THE ROAD VIRUS

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    So, what the hell was with the INFIDEL IS SITH no he's not?

Now to await the weak excuses to vote from me from that even when someone has nothing and then retracts it~

Oh look!
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Buh?

Just checking in to say (TRV already did) that we went for Bothawui.

This is my confusion point. Mostly because I was in PMs with TRV most of the day and was PLANNING to have just me and him and our padawan go to Nal Hutta. I confirmed that was the order to go in, and he agreed. Now he is saying he did not go there, Infidel is confirming this fact publicly.

We were put together in a cell, and we decided what to do. As mentioned, TRV and I went to Both and it is assumed that the others did as well atm. My padawan claims to have supported me. We went with the random cell assignment, why were you guys planning anything and why does that take precedence?
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    To me, I think I've convinced myself that TRV was well meaning in all of this soft networking, but he crossed them up because he's not as familiar with how it should work. I didn't share my plan with him because...well...it would kind of defeat the purpose if he knew and was Sith. If he was contacted by Infidel, I feel he would be convinced he was more on point and follow him about because it's a thing people do at times.

As such, I conclude that Infidel is playing a game here and took advantage of a newer player. I do not claim to know his allegiance, this is simply my suspicion. As a veteran player myself, I would like to up front defend the "This is a mafia ploy to make Infi look bad for the whole game" type thing; I know better than to pull that lame brain move because you're all more likely to turn on me based on the system I chose to run my mission on. And if a Sith, you would then cast suspicion off of him and yadda yadda a good Infi is bad for the mafia derpy derp.

My list:
    Infidel, Capfalcon, TRV, respective padawans (to include my own)

He contacted me, without any commitment (in fact, we danced around our powers, he contacted every knight) and then someone assigned us together. It is demonstrably false, your accusation, by anyone in that cell.

"I think X is good but I will vote/list them anyway."

Really, Rysk? Really?

That is a common mafia fuckup that mafia keep fucking up.

Do you actually want to make any arguments that aren't immediately disprovable? Or actually have a narration that fits what happened? Jdarksun is at least trying to work some numbers.

RG is pointing out, correctly, that the only one being made a patsy is me. And that usually doesn't turn out well for those who try it.

!Rysk

OrokosPA.png
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Does anybody have any idea what, if any, actions the following Knights took?

AkimboLegs
    Assuran
    mascara305
    pablo_price
    That Dave Fella
    The Anonymous
    Expect a PM once I'm done sorting things out with my mafia buddies. Which will be soon, hopefully. Or probably a few hours before close. Depends on whether I pass out first.

If I'm reading your breakdowns right, do you really think that out of 3 claims to Nal Nutta, 2 of those are Sith, and more still silently on it?

Doesn't that seem a little too brazen? I'm not sure how you can really justify the breakdowns since all it really seems to do is add some numbers up to the observed value.

OrokosPA.png
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Still working new numbers. I'm starving, so I'm going to grab lunch.

If anyone wants to give me ANY information - either on the aforementioned Knights, or any Padawans - it'd be helpful.
    Well akimbo stated in the thread that he was the vig and that was his action last night so I guess there is that info.

steam_sig.png
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    @jdarksun I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor. Numbers don't line up there too.

If I'm understanding your calculations, a Knight is +2 (?) and I know a padawan is +1. Since I was a bit busy with work, I am not sure of all the planning that went in yesterday. Did any of the numbers work out correctly even?

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    So if I'm reading the narration right, my padawan is dead...because of the council.

So, now we have a VOTE-IMMUNE group with a nightly kill.

Does that make anyone else a little...uneasy?

Where are you getting +2 for a Knight, @jdarksun?

OrokosPA.png
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Wait, you guys got a message saying your master went and did stuff?

Also, Farangu their power comes from cour-haha I can't spell that planet's name.

If I'm reading your breakdowns right, do you really think that out of 3 claims to Nal Nutta, 2 of those are Sith, and more still silently on it?

Doesn't that seem a little too brazen? I'm not sure how you can really justify the breakdowns since all it really seems to do is add some numbers up to the observed value.
    Nope, the numbers were all wrong. They've since been clarified, and I'm working up a spreadsheet to detail everything I know.

Where did you get the +2 number from? SaberOverEasy?

OrokosPA.png
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    I was blocked from training somehow, so I cannot block tonight.

I didn't and I supported my master. Could there be a special reason Captplanet got a message?

• KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Does anybody have any idea what, if any, actions the following Knights took?

AkimboLegs
    Assuran
    mascara305
    pablo_price
    That Dave Fella
    The Anonymous

I requested Pablo_price and the other members of my strike team go to Bothawui, though I do not know if he followed through.

I also acted on Bothawui as a jedi master, which, considering all the knights we have claiming that as there destination, should have netted us a whole lot more than it did.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I supported my master and did in fact receive a PM acknowledging I had done so.

@jdarksun I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor.
    @CaptainPlanet82 Hold the phone. You got a message from Obi saying that you supported Assurance on a mission to Fondor?

Padawans who Supported: did you ALSO get acknowledgement PMs?

whuut? who is Assurance?

1. Assuran told me through PM he was going on mission to Fondor.
    2. I sent the host a PM stating that I was supporting my master, Assuran.

I have had no acknowledgment from the host of what was accomplished. Would you be worried if the padawans did, jdark?

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    I didn't and I supported my master. Could there be a special reason Captplanet got a message?

His master isn't Sith?

:P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Gaslight, what did your Knight do? Meditate or Mission?

I am not entirely comfortable revealing information my master has apparently not yet chosen to reveal himself, but in view of the ultimate goal of purging the sith from our midst...he meditated.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    CaptainPlanet82

That seems like a huge slip

What slip? CaptainPlanet is hardly the only padawan who got a message acknowledging he supported his master. Are we saying there is something suspicious in that the message did not inform him of the result?

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    CaptainPlanet82

That seems like a huge slip

It sure does. CaptainPlanet82

Gaslight wrote: »
    What slip? CaptainPlanet is hardly the only padawan who got a message acknowledging he supported his master. Are we saying there is something suspicious in that the message did not inform him of the result?

The other padawans who got support messages were all from meditation. CapPlanet seems to be the only one who got one from a mission.

edited May 2012
    I have had NO acknowledgment from the host of what was accomplished.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    edited May 2012

The other padawans who got support messages were all from meditation. CapPlanet seems to be the only one who got one from a mission.

Well, that we know of so far. Have we polled all the padawans yet?

I learned (very) early in my phalla career to be mistrustful of these supposed "gotcha" moments.

Gaslight on
    Le sigh. Quit being geese.

@jdarksun What is up with your points breakdown? Where did you get information on a Knight planet influence? It could very well be important.

OrokosPA.png
    @jdarksun I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor. Numbers don't line up there too.

Absolutely Gaslight. Here's the quote from above.

jdark and Retaba both stated they did not recieve messages from their knights going on a mission. If any padawan DID recieve a support message from their Knight going on a mission (NOT meditating) now would be a good time to speak up.

I have had NO acknowledgment from the host of what was accomplished.

Yes, you did post that after you were caught making a mistake.

He never said that it was a PM from the host. :P

OrokosPA.png
    He never said that it was a PM from the host. :P

I see what you did there! ;)

edited May 2012
    Alright, but that means we have heard from, what, half the padawans now on this matter, including myself? I'd like the others to speak up unless anybody can offer some reason why they shouldn't that outweighs whether we vote out a sith or an innocent padawan tonight.

Also, not to impugn Obi's abilities as a host, but as it is his first game and one that appears to be fairly PM/host-intensive...Is it possible some people did not receive PMs they were supposed to?

Gaslight on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Star Wars Phalla: Loopholes + Wormholes

Also, he's going to kill me for beating a dead horse, but @Cayrus, did you get a PM from supporting my actions?

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Alright, but that means we have heard from, what, half the padawans now on this matter, including myself? I'd like the others to speak up unless anybody can offer some reason why they shouldn't that outweighs whether we vote out a sith or an innocent padawan tonight.

Also, not to impugn Obi's abilities as a host, but as it is his first game and one that appears to be fairly PM/host-intensive...Is it possible some people did not receive PMs they were supposed to?
    ObiFett wrote: »
    PMs have been sent out. You do not get a PM for galactic conquest based powers (unless you gain a power from it).

If you think you should have gotten a PM, please tell me.

Also, not to impugn Obi's abilities as a host, but as it is his first game...Is it possible some people did not receive PMs they were supposed to?

Considering that CapPlanet has already changed his story, this line of questioning doesn't really apply to the vote on him.

And I supported 38thDoe last night and didn't get a message about it, just a message saying I became a Jedi Knight.

PMs have been sent out. You do not get a PM for galactic conquest based powers (unless you gain a power from it).

If you think you should have gotten a PM, please tell me.

I am reluctant to say it, as Butscratch'A and I have trained up together since we were younglings. But I must admit this does look bad.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular

If I'm understanding your calculations, a Knight is +2 (?) and I know a padawan is +1. Since I was a bit busy with work, I am not sure of all the planning that went in yesterday. Did any of the numbers work out correctly even?
    @jdarksun I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor.
    @CaptainPlanet82 Hold the phone. You got a message from Obi saying that you supported Assurance on a mission to Fondor?

whuut? who is Assurance?

I have had no acknowledgment from the host of what was accomplished. Would you be worried if the padawans did, jdark?

These are 13 minutes apart. I really doubt a mafia member would make up that he received a host PM without being absolutely sure that such PMs were being sent. It's just an invitation to get bandwagoned and has almost no upside potential.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Also, Farangu their power comes from cour-haha I can't spell that planet's name.

I don't care where it comes from. All I see is that now there is another group of people that can kill(and, looking at the lack of deaths for a main, kill more effectively than the sith) and that we are supposed to trust them.

Once again...unease.

I am in the camp that he got a message from his master and not the host, but at the same time, mistakes can happen MrT and such things shouldn't be overlooked.

Gosh knows I've made them :oops:

MrTLicious wrote: »

whuut? who is Assurance?

These are 13 minutes apart. I really doubt a mafia member would make up that he received a host PM without being absolutely sure that such PMs were being sent. It's just an invitation to get bandwagoned and has almost no upside potential.

That would be true of a very experienced player. As far as I can tell, this is one of CaptainPlanet's first phalla. It seems like going along with the crowd would be a easy noob mistake, especially since a bunch of padawans DID recieve messages.

As to why he did the clarification so quickly... That IS a very interesting question....

I am in the camp that he got a message from his master and not the host, but at the same time, mistakes can happen MrT and such things shouldn't be overlooked.

Gosh knows I've made them :oops:

Me too! Remember that time I sold myself out to the mafia day 1 on accident in the phallakinetic?