As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    @jdarksun I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor. Numbers don't line up there too.

If I'm understanding your calculations, a Knight is +2 (?) and I know a padawan is +1. Since I was a bit busy with work, I am not sure of all the planning that went in yesterday. Did any of the numbers work out correctly even?
    jdarksun wrote: »
    @jdarksun I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor.
    @CaptainPlanet82 Hold the phone. You got a message from Obi saying that you supported Assurance on a mission to Fondor?

Padawans who Supported: did you ALSO get acknowledgement PMs?

whuut? who is Assurance?

1. Assuran told me through PM he was going on mission to Fondor.
    2. I sent the host a PM stating that I was supporting my master, Assuran.

I have had no acknowledgment from the host of what was accomplished. Would you be worried if the padawans did, jdark?

These are 13 minutes apart. I really doubt a mafia member would make up that he received a host PM without being absolutely sure that such PMs were being sent. It's just an invitation to get bandwagoned and has almost no upside potential.

That would be true of a very experienced player. As far as I can tell, this is one of CaptainPlanet's first phalla. It seems like going along with the crowd would be a easy noob mistake, especially since a bunch of padawans DID recieve messages.

As to why he did the clarification so quickly... That IS a very interesting question....

This is NOT Capplanet's first Phalla, he's an old timer. For what it's worth.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    @jdarksun I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor. Numbers don't line up there too.

If I'm understanding your calculations, a Knight is +2 (?) and I know a padawan is +1. Since I was a bit busy with work, I am not sure of all the planning that went in yesterday. Did any of the numbers work out correctly even?
    @jdarksun I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor.
    @CaptainPlanet82 Hold the phone. You got a message from Obi saying that you supported Assurance on a mission to Fondor?

whuut? who is Assurance?

I have had no acknowledgment from the host of what was accomplished. Would you be worried if the padawans did, jdark?

These are 13 minutes apart. I really doubt a mafia member would make up that he received a host PM without being absolutely sure that such PMs were being sent. It's just an invitation to get bandwagoned and has almost no upside potential.

That would be true of a very experienced player. As far as I can tell, this is one of CaptainPlanet's first phalla.

This is my...7th or 8th phalla? Anyway I have been playing since January, and CaptainPlanet has been playing longer than me...he was at least in the Archer phalla, which is the first phalla that I read (right before I started playing myself in Lego phalla). Don't know exactly how long he's been around.

Ironically, I don't remember ever playing with you, Saber. :P But I guess you must be a vet who went on a bit of a hiatus.

Gaslight on
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »

whuut? who is Assurance?

That would be true of a very experienced player. As far as I can tell, this is one of CaptainPlanet's first phalla. It seems like going along with the crowd would be a easy noob mistake, especially since a bunch of padawans DID recieve messages.

As to why he did the clarification so quickly... That IS a very interesting question....

My mistake. I did a quick run through of the last couple of games and a few from around a year ago when I was setting up my spreadsheet. I didn't run across his name in any of them, so I figured he was newer.

Still doesn't change the fact that I think he's Sith :)

It's my phirst phalla. Please be gentle.

Hammer Wilga

Nah, your memory is fine :)

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

whuut? who is Assurance?

My mistake. I did a quick run through of the last couple of games and a few from around a year ago when I was setting up my spreadsheet. I didn't run across his name in any of them, so I figured he was newer.

Bold accusations from an unverified individual

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Kime, Infidel, and I are all the mafias.

I heard that mafias have like five lightsabers, and count for 12 people each on account of all the flipping. Is this true?

Darth @kime, field this one for me, will you?

whuut? who is Assurance?

Don't you mean bold? ;)

I'm not the only one who seems to think so though.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

whuut? who is Assurance?

Don't you mean bold? ;)

I'm not the only one who seems to think so though.

Touché!
    I found out how to do the e with the... thingy on it.
    :winky:

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I supported TRV and did not receive a PM from Obi regarding his action.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    If I could do bbcode on my phone I'd vote for peccavi for making a mountain of (what seems to me) a molehill.

Soon.

Sorry, jdark. Didn't see your name tucked away in there, deep in the quote tree

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Another note (damn I gotta study): It's also entirely possible for a sith knight to claim he meditated while actually going on a mission if their padawan told them he was going to train.

If he claims he meditates and the padawan sneakily supports him and gets no result, things get interesting.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular

Oh you apologize to jdark but last night it was just so hilarious to do the same thing to me!? :P

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I heard that mafias have like five lightsabers, and count for 12 people each on account of all the flipping. Is this true?

The newest of our Sith Apprentices is only able to wield 6 lightsabers with his mind. You know, wielding lightsabers with the Force, the way it is meant to be done.

I'm not privileged to know the number of lightsabers that the highest in our Order can wield mentally, but I suspect it to be approximately..... 20-25? Plus four for each hand (in between our fingers).

We really just do that to be flashy, though. When we feel like it, we just Force-StopYourHeart. Force Choke and Force Lightning are so last year.

We're basically just teasing you guys this whole time.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Every time you quote that, I get a little pop-up saying that someone mentioned me. And the spreadsheet takes a little longer to publish.

Do not tempt us. Cayrus knows what temptation brings.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Another note (damn I gotta study): It's also entirely possible for a sith knight to claim he meditated while actually going on a mission if their padawan told them he was going to train.

If he claims he meditates and the padawan sneakily supports him and gets no result, things get interesting.

Hence why padawans are a brilliant failsafe.

I, personally, think something is rotten on Bothawui, and it's TheRoadVirus. It's the only thing that fits to me

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime wrote: »

The newest of our Sith Apprentices is only able to wield 6 lightsabers with his mind. You know, wielding lightsabers with the Force, the way it is meant to be done.

I'm not privileged to know the number of lightsabers that the highest in our Order can wield mentally, but I suspect it to be approximately..... 20-25? Plus four for each hand (in between our fingers).

We really just do that to be flashy, though. When we feel like it, we just Force-StopYourHeart. Force Choke and Force Lightning are so last year.

I never thought of this. If they can move things with their mind, why do they fight with their bodies? Why not just send a lightsaber around killing stuff? Seems way less dangerous.

I never thought of this. If they can move things with their mind, why do they fight with their bodies? Why not just send a lightsaber around killing stuff? Seems way less dangerous.

Not only less dangerous, but better at killing. How do you predict movements when there aren't any? Why limit your lightsaber movements to the limits of your body?

You Jedi cling to your dying tradition, but the world moves around you.

Steam profile
    Farangu wrote: »
    If I could do bbcode on my phone I'd vote for peccavi for making a mountain of (what seems to me) a molehill.

Soon.

Pfft, bbcode is easy on a phone. If you want, though, you could just quote me, delete the quote tags, and replace CapPlanet's name.

As for mountains out of molehills, I disagree. CapPlanet's phrasing doesn't seem to fit how he's tried to explain it, it looks like he realized he made a mistake and is backpedaling. If you would prefer another target, a military target, then name the system!

Cayrus wrote: »

Oh you apologize to jdark but last night it was just so hilarious to do the same thing to me!? :P

I didn't do it!

Matev wrote: »

I, personally, think something is rotten on Bothawui, and it's TheRoadVirus. It's the only thing that fits to me

I guess that's what thanks I get for asking questions!

kime wrote: »

Not to get too deep into this, but based on what's shown in the movies and (yes) described in the EU novels and such, force telekenesis (for lack of a better term) is not something all Jedi specialize in or are hugely proficient at, and most of the times we see it used, it's used for relatively simply actions: throwing something, or pulling something across the room within reach. To telekenetically wield a lightsaber with effectiveness would require much more precise, sustained control than seems to be common.

edited May 2012
    No, there's a method to the madness. Basically, there is one bad knight that went to that planet last night. It's the only thing that makes sense. Since there was a swing to save you yesterday, my gaze turns to you.

I'll put up the math I'm working from in a bit.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra

I guess that's what thanks I get for asking questions!

I'm just asking questions. [/Cartman]

Gaslight wrote: »
    Not to get too deep into this, but based on what's shown in the movies and (yes) described in the EU novels and such, force telekenesis (for lack of a better term) is not something all Jedi specialize in or are hugely proficient at, and most of the times we see it used, it's used for relatively simply actions: throwing something, or pulling something across the room within reach. To telekenetically wield a lightsaber with effectiveness would require much more precise, sustained control than seems to be common among the Jedi.

ftfy

Steam profile
    What's really concerning to me is that only 28 people chose to go on missions/support missions. Clearly Jedi have more shit than that since they have more negative points.

If you ask me, most of the Sith are those that claimed to have been meditating so that their numbers don't show up in the planet counts, and thus we stop looking at them.

No, there's a method to the madness. Basically, there is one bad knight that went to that planet last night. It's the only thing that makes sense. Since there was a swing to save you yesterday, my gaze turns to you.

I'll put up the math I'm working from in a bit.

I haven't been around for too long yet, but from what I've seen, the first and second place bandwagons on day 1 usually yield nothing of any value.
    How do you calculate that there was only one bad knight that went to the planet, and secondly, from that assumption, how do you calculate that it somehow had to be ME, if I followed the reccommendations of my group, along with (i assume) everyone else in said group?

It seems like grasping at straws, to me, and you've seemed a bit off from the beginning with the whole "DO IT OR YOU'RE SITH" PMs you sent out.
    And I'd vote for you, but I just realized that I can't, so I'm gonna drink some more coffee.
    If anyone needs me, I'll be at STARbucks. (eh? eh?)

@cayrus I supported Assuran last night and got a message that he went on a mission to Fondor.
    @cayrus Hold the phone. You got a message from Obi saying that you supported Assurance on a mission to Fondor?

whuut? who is Assurance?

This post right here is my problem. The tense is off. CaptainPlanet's first post says he got a message that Assuran went on a mission to Fondor, but then claims what he meant was that Assuran told him beforehand that he was going on a mission to Fondor. Maybe that's too pedantic of me? Maybe. But it just doesnt make sense to me that CaptainPlanet would phrase it that way if his explanation is to be believed.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    6 Masters definitely didn't go to Bothawui

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    KetBra wrote: »

I'm assuming that 6 points worth of masters supposedly went. So maybe a master is 6? or 3? How many masters claimed that planet?

Oh I see what you did there

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited May 2012
    Hold on, gathering more info...

Also, only one master can use a power on a planet. Multiples of us going to a planet would be worthless, unless one was a Sith.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    Nah his Bothawui numbers are fine ignore me.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    KetBra wrote: »

Clearly we have to purge the council.

@Peccavi I see what you did there.

It seems like grasping at straws, to me, and you've seemed a bit off from the beginning with the whole "DO IT OR YOU'RE SITH" PMs you sent out.

I also would like to hear an explanation of what caused those bizarre PMs to be sent out, apparently without council mandate.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I went to Fondor last night as Capt. Planet explained. I also decided really late last night and sent a PM to him telling him such.

I don't know what Obi told him, but I don't believe Planet is lying. Mostly, cause I did go there.

edited May 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »

I also would like to hear an explanation of what caused those bizarre PMs to be sent out, apparently without council mandate.

Actually, they were mandated by the council, my wording may have been a bit harsher than was desired, but it had been mostly agreed to spend a day meditating before spreading out.

Well, before the general order was told and the idea was torn apart.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    jdark, here is some info you are missing.

Master Actions:

smoove: mentor SNT
    matev: mentor farangu
    capfalcon: mentor TRV
    kias: lead bothawui
    MrB: lead nal hutta
    warban: mentor INANTP
    anialos: mentor T_A (maybe???)
    Ketbra: mentor infidel

The nal hutta info is particularly interesting, because it means we are way way off of what we should have been at.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    If anyone is willing to provide said info, what do mentor and lead do?