As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    TheBog wrote: »
    So what happened to Ace and DRG?

Everyone got together and decided unanimously just to not bother.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    TheBog wrote: »
    So what happened to Ace and DRG?

I didn't see game 1, but DRG won it

Ace won game 2 with a blink stalker / warp prism attack where he forcefielded DRG's main ramp.

game 3 ace did an immortal timing build, then didn't actually go for it. He then lost all his units to fungals+roach/ling and proceeded to stay in the game despite being super dead for about 10 minutes.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I will never understand why pro Terrans don't go for a 14 depot when they 1rax gasless FE. Start it, don't finish it. Boom, if Protoss doesn't pylon scout they don't get in.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm sure pro Protoss know depot timings well enough to tell whether or not you took gas.
    no gas - 14
    factory - 16
    2rax - 18

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'm sure pro Protoss know depot timings well enough to tell whether or not you took gas.
    no gas - 14
    factory - 16
    2rax - 18

That's probably true, I suppose.

• Options
    Zenio looks so mad in that profile picture.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Heart of the Swarm is going to have global play and multiplayer replay watching? That's nice.

I would not be opposed to Blizzard doing micro-transactions for SC2. I'd be willing to pay a bit of money for different looking zealots and stuff like that.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ooohhhh... I had missed multiplayer replay watching.
    Nice!

I know they had a lot of trouble coding that for WoL, as much as they wanted to include it.

Also, the neat thing about multiplayer resume from play, is that I'm sure there will be replay packs of pro games where we could take the wheel and see how well we handle an engagement.

i.e. take the seat from MKP right before a baneling all-in and prove to ourselves how horrible, horrible, we are at this game.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought of that, that'll be pretty cool. I doubt it'll stop player bashing though.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    That sounds kinda amusing actually, expecially if you even finish an engagement in better shape, and realize that in the real game the player was also macroing/dropping at the same time :P.

• Options
    Watching MMA replays is soul crushing in that regard. He micros like 4 different drops at a time while pushing and macroing perfectly. I'm suprised he only has two hands.

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Nice!

I know they had a lot of trouble coding that for WoL, as much as they wanted to include it.

Also, the neat thing about multiplayer resume from play, is that I'm sure there will be replay packs of pro games where we could take the wheel and see how well we handle an engagement.

i.e. take the seat from MKP right before a baneling all-in and prove to ourselves how horrible, horrible, we are at this game.

I'm actually more excited about being able to replay parts of games that I know I messed up. I'll have to recruit some PA guys to do it, but being able to try things over could help me out a lot.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Nice!

I'm actually more excited about being able to replay parts of games that I know I messed up. I'll have to recruit some PA guys to do it, but being able to try things over could help me out a lot.
    Dunno how really useful it'll be; the moment the AI takes control of your opponent's forces you'll know exactly how they'll behave.

• Options
    That's why he needs PA people to help.

• Options
    That's why he needs PA people to help.

Yilias gets it.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Not playing for a few days and then coming back is the worst thing ever.

You just lose even more constantly than you did before.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So what's going to happen to all of the BW players, and moreso the teams, when SC2 takes over in October?

KT
    CJ Entus
    stx <-- mmmm hmmmmm
    KHAN
    Woongjin Stars
    WeMade FOX
    OZ
    eSTRO
    SPARKYZ
    HERO
    SK T1

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Some will disband, some will come over to SC2 most likely.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    estro, sparkyz, mbcgameHERO, wemadefox, and oz already are disbanded/merged with other teams

i imagine some may end up merging or partnering with sc2 teams, when the full switch to sc2 happens a lot of players will likely retire so some teams may be forced out due to that

edit: the first part of my post kinda sums up why bw is in the state it is now T.T

Biosys on
  • Options
    I have a feeling once unranked matchmaking comes out, I'll never play ladder again. I'm such a wimp.

• Options
    I still don't understand that. If you feel bad about your ladder rank it's because you're unhappy with the level of play that rank connotates. Going to unranked won't make you play any better or win more than you used to.

• Options
    I still don't understand that. If you feel bad about your ladder rank it's because you're unhappy with the level of play that rank connotates. Going to unranked won't make you play any better or win more than you used to.

I think it's just a psychological thing. Having a rank is kinda like having someone looking over your shoulder all the time judging what you do. And if you lose a few matches in a row you're always worried that judgmental little bastard is going to decide you're not as good as he thought you were.

Some people don't like being judged, they just want to play and have fun. I think at this point in my life I kind of fall into that category.

• Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    It will allow you to play against other people without a 'visible' penalty for losing.

Personally, I feel the ladder anxiety is less people worrying about losing their rank, and more about the emotional toll of a loss. You put 15-20 minutes into the average game, and losing can be devastating.

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    I find I don't have any ladder anxiety until I'm near or at the top of my division. since I'm usually near the middle, it doesn't cause me any issues

• Options
    itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Vile Quantic Illusion is finally streaming again, come watch awesome terran play from this prodigiously talented kid.

Resident random Hummingbird is as well, in sketchy quality with excellent music. I recommend either or both like I'm doing.

itsweb on
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    So I'm in Norway right now, way up north by the fjords and stuff. The midnight sun is nearly in full effect and in the winter they have basically total darkness for 2 months. My first thoughts about total 2 month darkness? Perfect time for Starcraft.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options

my gut feeling is that I will prefer unranked

but I'll have to see how i feel about it when I try it

• Options
    Saaruto wrote: »
    So I'm in Norway right now, way up north by the fjords and stuff. The midnight sun is nearly in full effect and in the winter they have basically total darkness for 2 months. My first thoughts about total 2 month darkness? Perfect time for Starcraft.

Winter up north here is a lovely time. I don't think I can ever move away from northern sweden if I can help it. Almost total darkness a few months in winter, but with snow which takes the edge off, and during summer 24h sunlight. Gotten so used to having both I get really annoyed when I've lived in places with steady rhythms on their night/day cycle :P.

• Options
    chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Winter up north here is a lovely time. I don't think I can ever move away from northern sweden if I can help it. Almost total darkness a few months in winter, but with snow which takes the edge off, and during summer 24h sunlight. Gotten so used to having both I get really annoyed when I've lived in places with steady rhythms on their night/day cycle :P.

huh...that sounds tough to take Zen. :S

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • Options
    chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular

Gogo gadget drunk ladder!!!

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Everyone thinks they sound better in their head.

Except Seg. He thinks his voice sounds awful when his voice is just chocolate in voice form. Smooth milky chocolate.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options

That sounds awesome! What are you up there for, and are you even able to SC2 it up where you are?

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »

Except Seg. He thinks his voice sounds awful when his voice is just chocolate in voice form. Smooth milky chocolate.

:shock:

• Options

Living in San Fran would drive me absolutely bonkers. Apparently it's 65 degrees (F) all year long. I think that's like 25ish (C).

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    I don't see how anyone with an Australian accent can sound like smooth milky chocolate. Maybe a Spaniard or an Italian, but not an Australian.

• Options
    I don't see how anyone with an Australian accent can sound like smooth milky chocolate. Maybe a Spaniard or an Italian, but not an Australian.

That's because he doesn't sound like an Aussie.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    edited May 2012

huh...that sounds tough to take Zen. :S

I literally could not live without it, although I am quite aware I am in the minority. I don't live above the polar circle, but close enough that during december there is light ~10:30 - 13:30ish, with darkness the rest of the time. At midsummer the sun goes down at around ~3ish in the morning, but it never goes down far enough that it's not daylight. I love both these states in their own way, it gets amazingly cozy during winter, and rather refreshing during summer. And if you have never lived in a place with plenty of snow (think metres of it where it piles up) you don't get how much light it generates. A streetlight is way way more effective at lightning things up when it's snowy, rather when there is asphalt to suck up all the light.

And 25 celsius all year around would kill me, I can deal with it for a couple of months, but I'd much rather have it cold since you can at least dress for that :P.

And ugh, trying to watch the MLG thing right now and it keeps telling me I need to subscribe, which I did a fair while ago.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    narwhal wrote: »

:shock:

:oops:

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    25 celsius is not warm, you silly people

25 celsius is an average winter maximum temperature here

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    25 celsius is about the hottest it ever gets in Ireland. 30 is considered exceptional.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.