As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iOS Games: There's a Zombie on your In-App Purchase.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That Fantasy Defence Paincakes mentioned is free at the moment, at least in Australia.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    MgsleeMgslee United StatesRegistered User regular
    Kingdom Rush and Field Runners are my favorite TD games (besides PvZ)

I've played them to exhaustion and always looking for more

Hit me up for SSF4 games! (Xbox Live mgslee)
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Fantasy Defense is pretty fun, I played it a lot a few months back. Good on iPad, too.

I'm currently arresting people until they die in a firey ball of heaped metal in Smash Cops. If only being a real cop was this much fun.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Anyone try that "Pandemic 2.5" thing that's high on the charts now? Apparently you can create your own disease and try to keep evolving it to stay ahead of government strategies to fight it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
    Death Rally is free again. So if you haven't tried it, this is your chance.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Anyone try that "Pandemic 2.5" thing that's high on the charts now? Apparently you can create your own disease and try to keep evolving it to stay ahead of government strategies to fight it.

I enjoyed the Flash version a few years ago but have not tried the App yet.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    darkangel166darkangel166 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    King of Dragon Pass really needs to be listed under RPG and/or Simulation in the OP. So far its been my favorite iOS game by a pretty big margin! It's a bit pricey but it is totally worth it.

P.S. Although it is only iPhone currently it works great 2x on my 3rd gen iPad which is where I play it primarily.

darkangel166 on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Touch Arcade says its a decent port of the Flash game. There are issues with the UI and with text running off the screen.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    The Toucharcade app is out and I can't recommend it enough. Would love it if more sites had apps of this quality on the iPhone.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    King of Dragon Pass really needs to be listed under RPG and/or Simulation in the OP. So far its been my favorite iOS game by a pretty big margin! It's a bit pricey but it is totally worth it.

P.S. Although it is only iPhone currently it works great 2x on my 3rd gen iPad which is where I play it primarily.

By far my favorite game, as well. I'd love it if the iPad version leads to a sequel or another game in the same style.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    OK I'm having fun with Fantasy Defense (a bit on the easy side, but I like the different kinds of units, upgrades, and progression)... but whoa. This over-the-top anime art-style is pretty ridiculous and from what I can tell, pretty unnecessary for the actual game.

I don't need to see giant anime boobs on my unit's portrait.

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    OK I'm having fun with Fantasy Defense (a bit on the easy side, but I like the different kinds of units, upgrades, and progression)... but whoa. This over-the-top anime art-style is pretty ridiculous and from what I can tell, pretty unnecessary for the actual game.

I always felt like results were somewhat random, unfortunately. Like I would randomly suffer for a choice which was seemingly perfectly valid. A poor begger man COULD be a demon or COULD be an innocent or COULD be hounded by a vast horde seeking to crush all in their path looking for him. Unfortunately, being cautious and casting out the innocent man angers a god who drops a rock on your head.

doh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Machismo wrote: »

I always felt like results were somewhat random, unfortunately. Like I would randomly suffer for a choice which was seemingly perfectly valid. A poor begger man COULD be a demon or COULD be an innocent or COULD be hounded by a vast horde seeking to crush all in their path looking for him. Unfortunately, being cautious and casting out the innocent man angers a god who drops a rock on your head.

doh

I think you may have missed the quote you were replying to.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Machismo wrote: »

doh

I think you may have missed the quote you were replying to.

That or I'm thinking about anime boobs all wrong...

• Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    Wolfenstein 3D is free right now because of some anniversary or other. Get psyched!

Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    Lork wrote: »
    Wolfenstein 3D is free right now because of some anniversary or other. Get psyched!

Achtung!

• Options
    Here are a couple of reviews for N.O.V.A. 3. The game hits the iOS AppStore at midnight (tonight) and there are a couple of new screen shots.

Here,

and here.

• Options
    Man, Wolfenstein is good! This makes me wish games like Thief 1 and 2 were available for iPad. They really should be.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hehe, just played the first level, still remember where 4/5 of the secrets are.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

I actually came back to this thread to thank Paincakes for his recommendation and make more or less the same observation. I'm normally happy to be pandered to, but some of these girls should put a sweater on.

Fun tho.

• Options

I actually came back to this thread to thank Paincakes for his recommendation and make more or less the same observation. I'm normally happy to be pandered to, but some of these girls should put a sweater on.

Fun tho.

I'm even a bit embarrassed about the app icon. I might have to hide it in a folder.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Pandemic is fun but I can't figure out how to get 50 million infections with 0 deaths. Even at 0 lethality with just painful urination and hair loss people still die.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Bought Spelltower last night before bed.

Stayed up another 45 minutes play it.

Great word game.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

Fun tho.

Haha, I guess I should have mentioned the ridiculous character portraits and ZOMG boobs. It's almost like it's satire because the characters in-game are just little pixel art but then to say they "really" look like that is almost like poking fun. Like the South Park episode where they are anime ninjas.

I thought it was easy as first too but it gets pretty tough later on, and I found myself using some different unit types that were completely unnecessary early on. I had to grind a bit for the last world though. I would definitely recommend getting some +20% items (speed, range, whatever) for your heroes. I think I gave the +20% range item to my archer hero and it was pretty badass.

I love tower defense and I love RPGs, and I can only hope that someday someone will combine the two into an actual game with a story, towns, the whole deal. Like, you move around a la Final Fantasy or whatever but the battles play out in a TD fashion. I have all these ideas but no time or programming knowledge.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    ^^check out Defenders Quest HOP. not for iOS (though they would be smart to port it.) but it may scratch that itch for you =)

:winky:
  • Options
    N.O.V.A. 3 running on iPad 2 is pretty smooth, it's about as smooth as Mass Effect 3 running on consoles. Once the visuals hit your eye, may say "Wow," but what will really hit you is the sound, especially the first time they hand you a shotgun, the animation is better than most iOS polygonal FPS's. The multiplayer mode is Halo, and there's nothing wrong with that, because buggy rides are always hilarious.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Don't think it's been mentioned, but Lostwinds is the free Starbucks app this week. Too bad I don't know where one is around here, and that I don't drink coffee.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Bah, I just bought that a couple of weeks ago. And haven't played it yet

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Nalouto wrote: »
    ^^check out Defenders Quest HOP. not for iOS (though they would be smart to port it.) but it may scratch that itch for you =)

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely check it out. This has reminded me of Soulcaster I and II, indie titles for XBL. Those were some pretty cool TD-RPG games but very different from your typical TD gameplay. They're pretty short though, unfortunately. You can beat them in 1-2 sittings. Still worth checking out IMO.

The shop music is also really awesome in both games. That alone is worth the $1 in my opinion!

Edit: Apparently it is on PC now too: http://www.magicaltimebean.com/2012/05/soulcaster-i-ii-pc-combo-pack-for-5/

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    Don't think it's been mentioned, but Lostwinds is the free Starbucks app this week. Too bad I don't know where one is around here, and that I don't drink coffee.

So how does that work, I mean how would I redeem it?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular

You just grab a card off the counter, they have redemption codes on them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

Would a mini Starbucks inside a supermarket work?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ascension got updated. You can set the honor total in offline now, change the theme, retina display support, fast app switching, and the new expansion is available for $4. Plus a small pack of promo cards for $1.

• Options
    hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    Ascension got updated. You can set the honor total in offline now, change the theme, retina display support, fast app switching, and the new expansion is available for $4. Plus a small pack of promo cards for $1.

Also ... it's a wonderful, wonderful game.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Man its getting pretty bad when I can't even keep up with all the good free games much less the good for pay ones on sale...

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

Would a mini Starbucks inside a supermarket work?

Sometimes. Some do, some don't. Also, you can ask the barrista (or manager if available) about it. Just gonna mention that courtesy to the staff would be to have a beverage in hand, but that is my opinion. Besides, their house bolds are AWESOME.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Arkham City Lockdown's been reduced further to $1, so now you have no excuse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    hamdingers wrote: »

Also ... it's a wonderful, wonderful game.

The new Storm of Souls cards really mix up the game, especially for a mechana construst whore like myself.

Also, 2-player games with 120 honor are SEX. I can't tell you how many times I finally got a good combo going and then the game ended back with the 60 honor limit. Now things can get nice and crazy :D

• Options
    Arkham City Lockdown's been reduced further to $1, so now you have no excuse.

I nabbed it last night.

This discussion has been closed.