As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    There's a demo choco.

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Looking around at other games, I guess I jumped the gun, sorry folks. Can't get a confirmation either way. You can download the files from Gamersgate but apparently it won't unlock until Steam unlocks it.

I offer another semi-decent deal in penance. LOTR: War in the North is 10 bucks over at Impulse. Solid little co-op game, Steamworks. They had it at that price a month or so ago too when Steam still had the game for 50 bucks, though Steam now has a base price of 20 bucks, so it'll likely be as cheap or cheaper in the summer sale.

Corpekata on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    I liked what I played of the Warlock demo, but it didn't scream 'buy now' for me.

steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    There's a demo choco.

I am not a man who buys things based on demo, I prefer hype and peer pressure, so I can blame someone else down the line if its terrible.

steam_sig.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Since I've put 14 hours into the Sins: Rebellion beta, I feel that I should say that it is very good.

Prettier than Sins vanilla and expansions, has new, awesome music, keeps the same ui, and adds just enough flavor to three new offshoot factions to keep everything fresh.

One complaint touted about the previous incarnation was that combat did not have much zip and zoom besides the tiny drones and fighters. No longer! Corvettes have been added, which are fast attack ships about half the size of the light destroyer that zoom around like fighters on attack runs. Also added are Titans, which are enormous, Eve style ships that look mighty fine and get quite a bit done without being hideously powerful.

In great part it is just nice to have all the features from the first two expansions packed into an optomised, prettier version of the same engine, with a bunch of new doodads that don't detract from the experience.

Currently the game is available to play as a Beta to folks who purchase. Four of the six factions are in, the TEC and Advent variants. Squidgy aliens still to come.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Sumanai wrote: »
    For the train lovers out there (you know who you are) there's one DLC for Train Simulator at 90% off: http://store.steampowered.com/app/24021/
    Not sure why that's the only one on sale but if your lifelong dream was to drive a train on a british island then this may be your chance.

Is it telling that after reading this I just spent ten minutes studying a map of the Isle of Wight?

Is it telling that after reading this I bought it?

And holy crap, when did I get over 70 games on my wishlist

• Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    Thanks to the classy @testsubject23 for Red Nation. Tonight the streets run red with zombie-bits!

steam_sig.png
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    So I was looking to see if I could pre-install warlock, which I purchased awhile back, and I noticed steam no longer thinks I owned it, listing the price and giving the option of purchasing it. When I go to my all games library page it just lists, "Warlock - Master of the Arcane Preorder". If I right click on it and go to store page, it just takes me to the main store home page.

Anyone else pre-order warlock and seeing the same thing? Do I need to be worried?

No need to worry. This sometimes happens when a game's preorder is, for whatever reason, listed as a separate entry in your library before release. Once it unlocks, all will be well.

• MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular

Dire Jay wrote: »
    Thanks to the classy @testsubject23 for Red Nation. Tonight the streets run red with zombie-bits!

Count me in on that, hopefully we can all make things red together for classiness!

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for existing, Steam backlog, because now that I've bought a new car, I am broke as hell for the time being. Diablo 3, Max Payne 3... I will see you two soon, I promise.

SkyTurnsRed on
  • BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    I know the feeling Sky, I just moved into a new place and watched every cent of my hard earned funds vanish into useless things like furniture and appliances.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    So guys, I've been playing a bit of Ancients of Ooga lately. It is pretty darn good!

It was in an indie royale so you might have it as well. The game is a pretty fun/quirky action platformer based around possessing Oogas and using their special abilities to convince other Oogas to join the rebellion again the Boolis.

camo_sig2.png
    Have only spent a little but of time with them, but most of the games in that NinjaBee Indie Royale are indeed pretty enjoyable. A bit simple, and nothing that screams greatness but all around just a really solid bundle.

edited May 2012
    Shitload of new Magicka DLC incoming according to the registry. One of them is a Megaman robe so all is forgiven, you DLC whores. Likely means the 30th Magicka sale on Steam shortly.

Corpekata on
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Chat today:
    KBtgd.png

Fun times.

I made a cameo.

• SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Shitload of new Magicka DLC incoming according to the registry. One of them is a Megaman robe so all is forgiven, you DLC whores. Likely means the 30th Magicka sale on Steam shortly.

More Magicka DLC? Most of it skins or any actual content stuff?

steam_sig.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    FEAR 3 (or F3AR, which is stupid) is 4.49 over at Gamefly here, which is a pretty good deal. Steamworks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Anomaly is the daily. Don't see midweek madness up yet though.

Steam: offday
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    FEAR 3 (or F3AR, which is stupid) is 4.49 over at Gamefly here, which is a pretty good deal. Steamworks.

you have to install the gamefly client though, in case some of you are averse to that.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »

Hey, some of those robes are the best damn things in the game. You think I'm kidding just throw on the Reservoir Robes (in Pink) then go nuts on your coop buddies. I dare you to tell me it's not awesome after you are done.

Midweek Madness is 15 bucks for Alan Wake....the same day GOG releases it on sale for that price. GOG can't get away from the bad timing it seems.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Still more than I'm willing to pay, but one day.

Slimcea wrote: »

This is the list:

14567 Magicka: Other side of the coin 2012-05-08 17:02:30
    14568 Magicka: Worlds End Challenge 2012-05-08 17:02:30
    14569 Magicka: Robepack megaman 2012-05-08 17:02:30
    14570 Magicka: Robepack music 2012-05-08 17:02:30
    14571 Magicka: Pieces Gadget pack 2012-05-08 17:02:30
    14572 Magicka: Pieces Heirloom pack 2012-05-08 17:02:30
    14573 Magicka: Mirror Crystal Cavern Hideout 2012-05-08 17:02:30
    14574 Magicka: Volcano Hideout 2012-05-08 17:02:30

So perhaps some challenge or MP maps? Guessing no content like Vietnam or Only the Stars are Left, but a bit better than just robes.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Midweek Madness is 15 bucks for Alan Wake....the same day GOG releases it on sale for that price. GOG can't get away from the bad timing it seems.

Do you think it's just bad timing? I don't know. Either way gog kind of started it.

anoffday wrote: »

Do you think it's just bad timing? I don't know. Either way gog kind of started it.

I'm willing to bet it originates from the publisher. It's why you'll see a lot of the same sales across various DD systems.

I'm willing to bet it originates from the publisher. It's why you'll see a lot of the same sales across various DD systems.

Ohh. That could be.

It's just healthy competition. This is how business is done. There are plenty of people out there who won't buy from Steam (DRM lol) and to be honest I'll spend a bit of a premium to get something on GoG over Steam. They (for the most part) work magic on some of the games that don't work on modern systems, no DRM, nice installer packages and preconfigured DOSbox setups. I like all that stuff a lot and I think it's worth the extra couple of bucks.

Then you have the Everything on Steam crowd, which has its own obvious merits that I shouldn't even have to go into here. So it's win/win. GoG and Steam will make piles of money, Remedy will make piles of money, and consumers get two awesome versions to choose from.

Right. I'm a big fan of both. I just wasn't a big fan of gog's stupid videos basically attacking other services. Gog has such a dumb marketing team.

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative is out. With a few words from your Boss (unless you're fired) Cave Johnson:

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/blog.php?id=7921&p=1

The big update probably also explains why Steam's been acting up recently.

subedii on
    Portal games are 66 percent off because of the DLC. I imagine everyone has Portal by now but Portal 2 is 7 bucks, cheapest it's been so far I think.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    There are plenty of people out there who won't buy from Steam (DRM lol)

Their numbers are greatly exaggerated.

Well, the Alan Wake expandalone is now up for preorder. I imagine that's why the game is getting a heavy sales push rather than Steam trying to squish GOG.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    The Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative is out. With a few words from your Boss (unless you're fired) Cave Johnson:

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/blog.php?id=7921&p=1

The big update probably also explains why Steam's been acting up recently.

And EVERYONE who read that blog post did so with Cave Johnson's voice. In fact, you're reading this post right now in Cave Johnson's voice. Imagining how you could make life take back their lemons in multiple dimensions as you create and test those new test chambers, and try to keep your job over Mr. Yappers over there, who's pumped out 5x more chambers than you have this week alone.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    So basically anyone can create levels now and we can play them? I don't see how to download a level. Am I missing something?

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Congratulations to @Sir Carcass for winning the Sniper Elite v2 giveaway!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Alan Wake's tempting at that price, but my backlog's so long it'd be silly to buy it now. Proximity to the next big sale is always a thing, too.

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So basically anyone can create levels now and we can play them? I don't see how to download a level. Am I missing something?

Click on your game in your library. Click on "Browse the Steam Workshop". In the right hand menu select "Browse by: Most recent" (or whatever your preference). Click whichever ones you want to look at, or just directly click the green + sign to subscribe to it.

subedii on
    edited May 2012

I guess you'd be in a position to know. Still I think that while they are a minority, their numbers wouldn't be totally insignificant.

Drake on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

I guess you'd be in a position to know. Still I think that while they are a minority, their numbers wouldn't be totally insignificant.

The louder a minority is the larger it seems to be.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    edited May 2012
    Alan Wake is actually the game that killed my 360 (which in turn solidified my return to PC gaming). Was a few hours into it. Think I might need to get around to finish it with this sale, if only to honor it for freeing me from being so console bound.

Corpekata on
This discussion has been closed.