As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I approve this idea.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Omfg I sat down to 'catch up' on the thread as I have just got back. 1 1/2 hours later I finally finish reading! O_o

Okay my thoughts (probably not worth very much) we all know that some planets are in danger of falling to the dark side. I suspect the mafia may have had a one time use big push to the dark side or they have the ability to switch all positive influence to negative influence. This wouldn't make a huge difference on a planet with only a few votes on it, but a massive change if we say organised a huge raiding party and posted it to the council where at least one sith member could have passed it on to his evil buddies.

I prefer the idea of a one time use but hey, we probably aren't going to be that lucky.

The council should take a leaf out of their own book and not trust each other blindly as that way is just leaking info to the mafia.

I may not be understanding exactly what went on in the Jedi council room, I am only speculating.

By now we have some people who we feel we can trust, either from those Knight/padawan parings who were meditating last night, or from the called vig, or from the known results form planets that worked out as planned and declared in the thread. To try and stop further huge corruption we need to play smart

Second thought - has anyone done any analysis of the bandwagon push on 38thdoe?
    I know one data point is not great, just in conjunction with the planet influence stuff it may add up to something? for someone who understands that stuff.

The best I can do is suggest some people who jumped on the bandwagon while TRV was way up without giving a reason and then also gave actions that are tough to account for today. Separating the wheat from the chaff may be tough, but:

13lasphemer69 - hasn't stated an action for last night
    Gaslight - supported Pablo_Prince meditation
    Infidel - Mission to Bothawui
    Malkor - Mission to Fondor
    Mr. Blarney - Lead Nal Hutta
    SmooveOperator - Mentored SNT

There's a few things we could do to narrow down this list.

Gaslight - send the results of Pablo's meditation to AkimboLegs if you havn't already done so
    13lasphemer - if you missioned last night, let us know

• l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    I am in the camp that he got a message from his master and not the host, but at the same time, mistakes can happen MrT and such things shouldn't be overlooked.

Gosh knows I've made them :oops:

Will have to agree with this, i didn't receive any messages from the Host and I supported my Master.

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    So I guess the big question for today is: do we want to do the same strike force thing, something organized around Akimbo, or some sort of hybrid (to minimize the ridiculous amount of planning akimbo would have to do if he directed everything). We could have akimbo in all the groups to help guide their efforts or something.

Just so everyone gets to know - I do not have the means to plan anything that massive. I have my phone, and maybe 1-2hours a night to organize, as I am driving across the US over the next few days. If I am lucky enough to live i will definitely ramp things up, but for now I'll be doing whatever I can.

I like the idea of every Padawan supporting, regardless of knight actions. But I really like the discussions. I am going to try have suggested actions later, if I can (though it's my turn to drive soon)

PMing jdark with knight/Padawan actions is going to be much more fruitful than me at the moment.

• l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Hold on, gathering more info...

Also, only one master can use a power on a planet. Multiples of us going to a planet would be worthless, unless one was a Sith.

so where there any masters that doubled up on the plants that were touch this past day?

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    By our claims, no. Only 2 masters chose to lead, and to separate planets. That doesn't rule us out though.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Ok. Here are tentative orders.

Undertake missions (everyone). But tell NOONE except ME where you are going before vote close. you can go wherever you want. RNG them if you can. I want data, and everyone going to bothawui or whatever isn't going to help.

Once vote close is done, tell the thread where you targeted.

All padawans should support their knight.

Does this sound ok to people? I know it's a little boring for some (especially. Padawans) but rolevlocks are only useful if we have decent ideas of who to target.

If I have time I will try to refine before voteclise but no promises.

AkimboLegs wrote: »
    PMing jdark with knight/Padawan actions is going to be much more fruitful than me at the moment.

For what it's worth, I think we can have a decent level of trust in jdarksun at the moment. I can't imagine a Sith spending 3 hours to put together a spreadsheet. :)

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    We didn't reveal our actions until after vote close, to prevent infiltrators from adapting to what we were doing. We didn't even know if we had similar powers to each other prior to that.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    I realize random missions has questionable use as far as taking planets, but I am thinking that the sith can fuck with planets if they know orders, so it might be harder if they dont

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Second thought - has anyone done any analysis of the bandwagon push on 38thdoe?
    I know one data point is not great, just in conjunction with the planet influence stuff it may add up to something? for someone who understands that stuff.

The best I can do is suggest some people who jumped on the bandwagon while TRV was way up without giving a reason and then also gave actions that are tough to account for today. Separating the wheat from the chaff may be tough, but:

13lasphemer69 - hasn't stated an action for last night
    Gaslight - supported Pablo_Prince meditation
    Infidel - Mission to Bothawui
    Malkor - Mission to Fondor
    Mr. Blarney - Lead Nal Hutta
    SmooveOperator - Mentored SNT

There's a few things we could do to narrow down this list.

Gaslight - send the results of Pablo's meditation to AkimboLegs if you havn't already done so
    13lasphemer - if you missioned last night, let us know

For the record, when I voted for 38th, he and TRV seemed to be pretty much trading off votes, and I saw no particular reason TRV was being voted for besides the fact he had proposed ideas. Given the choice between the two, I voted for 38th as a vote in favor of people proposing ideas.

I have informed Akimbo of the result of me and my master's actions last night, so far as they are known to me.

Undertake missions (everyone). But tell NOONE except ME where you are going before vote close. you can go wherever you want. RNG them if you can. I want data, and everyone going to bothawui or whatever isn't going to help.

Does this sound ok to people? I know it's a little boring for some (especially. Padawans) but rolevlocks are only useful if we have decent ideas of who to target.

This seems like a great idea to me. Just make sure someone else gets the information before narration. Hopefully you'll get a guard, but it would be unfortunate if you were to die without us having confirmations.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    That's good thinking.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

There's one rather large, glaring problem with this: You will flush out village specials like yourself just as well as you flush out mafia. Actually, you'll flush them out even better: the mafia will know where they manipulated things and if any one member gets access to the complete data they will find all the specials in a mere one day of data. Unless you are allowed to take two actions a night, which seems unlikely to me. At best you guys can avoid using your special ability to take a mission, if you're even allowed that.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    There are measures being taken to conceal village specials. If any remain that haven't contacted me, it would be wise to do so.

I think everyone should have rough ideas of their actions. Please keep them secret, but post them as soon as possible following voteclose. I will be sharing the PMs I get with someone as a redundancy.

other piece of info I'd like but can't easily look at - who are the knights without a Padawan?

At the moment, Farangu is the only knight without a Padawan. I am not sure if the council has taken any action with regards to Peccavi (a padawan without a master) at this time.

Also pablo-price, can you PM me and jdark with your actions and the specifics last night? I apologize if this is already in the thread, but I want to reconfirm something.

My battery is getting low so I may have to be incommunicado for a while until other phone is charged

At the moment, Farangu is the only knight without a Padawan. I am not sure if the council has taken any action with regards to Peccavi (a padawan without a master) at this time.

I thought all knoghtless padawans were automatically promoted? Either way - if those are the only two missing pairs, thanks. Baidol and his master died, yes?

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Oh

I guess that explains why they weren't responding to me

Las thing. I apologize if my orders are sounding bossy. I don't want to keep doing this. I realize phallas aren't fun when someone tells you what to do. Hopefully we will get enough info tonight to not fo it again.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    That's good thinking.
    Malkor! What did you do last night?
    I thought extra good thoughts to my guy.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    The narration from last night lists Peccavi as Knight Xzibit. no longer a padawan.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
    Peccavi. I'm heading to bed already

I mean:

dire times. i must meditate on this in my meditation room in my meditation queen size bed

alone

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    too much thought in analyzing planet nonsense. we still have the vote to look at.

THE ROAD VIRUS

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    What happened with the Captain Planet thing? Wasn't he outright lying?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So because people didn't like me without evidence day one means people should not like me day two, also without evidence? Laaaaaame

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    What happened with the Captain Planet thing? Wasn't he outright lying?

That was my impression too. Earth Fire Wind Water Heart

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It only looks like outright lying if you have no reading comprehension. :rotate:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    too much thought in analyzing planet nonsense. we still have the vote to look at.

THE ROAD VIRUS

That's your third vote for TRV today. Have any context to that vote, and any reason you keep spamming it?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Peccavi

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    It only looks like outright lying if you have no reading comprehension. :rotate:

Reading is for losers

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I understand the Peccavi vote, I guess. If he dies red, we look into the 38thDoe swing last night since it would have been an attempt to turn Peccavi into a Knight.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Gaslight for vague suspicions and paranoia. You worry me a little bit! :D

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    From what I've gathered TheRoadVirus has got some strange stuff going on around here.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    There is a hell of a lot of things to gather, though, so I probably missed a shitload.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Question for padawanns. Do you have to target your roleblock when you first select it, or can you just charge it night one, then select whoever you want the next day?

Mostly wondering if I should expect a Padawan roleblock tonight.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    You train Night X and use it on a target of your picking Night Y

Y coming after X