As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    It takes about one second to label it as a book spoiler and save people some misery, since people who only watch the show come to this thread.

ok, since you completely changed the post you had originally, I will say again, that it was a direct response to a post about the books.

I know, but putting a short label right above the spoiler makes it doubly impossible for anyone to make the mistake of clicking it. Just saying.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    It's a common courtesy almost everyone's done because not everyone has read the books/not everyone is careful like me with clicking spoilers.

Missteps were taken on both sides.

There.

Let's leave it at that.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Didn't like this week's ep quite as much as last week's. spoilers I guess
    Winterfell stuff felt a bit rushed and Qarth stuff was dull.

However really liked the mob scene in King's Landing. Tyrion being awesome and laying into Joffrey, and Joffrey being a screaming psycho, are always fun to see. The Hound was good as well. I'm warming to TV Hound a lot more than I did to book Hound.

Every scene with Theon just had me shaking my head. I like him as a character but man, he could compete with Cersei for the gold medal in Bad Decisions.

Also couldn't help wondering where the hell Mormont was when Dany's dragons were being half inched. He just kind of disappeared this ep. Maybe he's avoiding her out of embarrassment from being so awkward last week.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    The show is doing an excellent job at making him a person, rather than the efficient, brutal bastard that he is in the books. But even in the books, you gotta respect Tywin.

yeah, he is by far my favorite of the ruling people.

this spoiler, marked by spoiler tags, is a spoiler. If you have not read the books, it will tell you what happens in future events.
    I was totally behind Tyrion killing him, because that shit was messed up, but I really do think that had Tywin been able to center power, he would have been a good ruler. He is a colossal dick, but he is by far a better ruler than Renly, Stannis, or Joffrey.

I feel the show could use "Rains of Castamere" with the background to really clue people into how far Tywin will go if you don't back down. It's in the special features mentioned briefly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-8Cp4J9F8

Basically you don't want to fuck with Tywin, as per the song. It's a recurring theme in the books (very minor spoiler? I guess) that
    if the Lannisters want to threaten you, they send a bard to your hall to play you the song that I haven't seen in the show.

override367 on
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    When Amory Lorch fell over dead I burst out laughing and my girlfriend just stood there slack-jawed and said

"that guy could assassinate that entire castle if he wanted to"

Good job, HBO.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    Like every scene this week was boss even though it diverged from the book substantially (like, didn't Arya pick two entirely different people as her first two targets in the book?)

Also I just waited and waited and waited for Jon Snow to Know Nothing and there were like 50 appropriate beats in the conversation where she could have dropped the line but nope. What the hell?

sig.gif
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Didn't like this week's ep quite as much as last week's. spoilers I guess
    Winterfell stuff felt a bit rushed and Qarth stuff was dull.

However really liked the mob scene in King's Landing. Tyrion being awesome and laying into Joffrey, and Joffrey being a screaming psycho, are always fun to see. The Hound was good as well. I'm warming to TV Hound a lot more than I did to book Hound.

Every scene with Theon just had me shaking my head. I like him as a character but man, he could compete with Cersei for the gold medal in Bad Decisions.

Also couldn't help wondering where the hell Mormont was when Dany's dragons were being half inched. He just kind of disappeared this ep. Maybe he's avoiding her out of embarrassment from being so awkward last week.

Jorah was really sweet to her, she's just a bitch.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Oh man these are really awesome

NeoToma on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Like every scene this week was boss even though it diverged from the book substantially (like, didn't Arya pick two entirely different people as her first two targets in the book?)

Also I just waited and waited and waited for Jon Snow to Know Nothing and there were like 50 appropriate beats in the conversation where she could have dropped the line but nope. What the hell?

They were SO teasing us with it

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The tension got too much for me and I ended up saying it aloud myself a couple of times.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think I could listen to a real actor say that line maybe twice before hating their guts to death

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    I think the only character to say his or her signature line more than once so far has been Hodor, and even him they shut up more often than not.

• SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Well, we've had a few "It is known." at least.

• TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Also Melisandre's said her thing a bit.

edited May 2012
    Oh, that's true.

Ah well, we can't have everything.

Legba on
    Legba wrote: »
    I think the only character to say his or her signature line more than once so far has been Hodor, and even him they shut up more often than not.

Yeah 'cause Ned totally only said winter is coming once.

sig.gif
    Legba wrote: »

Yeah 'cause Ned totally only said winter is coming once.

What's the Iron Price, again?

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular

You're misremembering the books; she doesn't say that line at all until Storm of Swords. She doesn't know him well enough yet to know what he doesn't know.

Whoa.

Darian wrote: »

You're misremembering the books; she doesn't say that line at all until Storm of Swords. She doesn't know him well enough yet to know what he doesn't know.

Yeah but you can tell in the two scenes they've had so far that Jon Snow don't know shit.

sig.gif
    Yeah but he still knew some shit.

Nope. All tripping over his shoelaces and peeing his pants and drooling all over the place

sig.gif
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    I love the running gag of having people tell Jon he's pretty/comment on his face, and then call him stupid.

You know 11.97% of everything, Jon Snow.

sig.gif
    Okay so maybe I'm wrong about the signature line thing.

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    You don't know shit, J-snizzle.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
    Galy wrote: »
    You don't know shit, J-snizzle.

Awww shit Y-Gritzz laying down some truth bombs over Dat Wall.

• blixaphonicsblixaphonics the french champagne Registered User regular
    so like basically all my friends who watch this show hate theon greyjoy. i don't get it, he's the most sympathetic character in the show/books. in fact the other night i almost screamed out 'OH, THEON' mid-coitus, but i was able to change it into 'OH, THE ON...ly one!' at the last second. phew, close call.

Good thing Hot Pie isn't your favorite character.

sig.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Theon is sympathetic? Really? I don't get that at all on the show.

i feel for the guy. ironborn taken as a hostage when he was a kid, raised amongst what is essentially the westeros equivalent of people from alberta. doesn't fit in with them, doesn't fit in when he goes home, just trying to be a boss like he was BORN to be.

seriously, maybe i'm the only one who feels that way, but fuck the starks.

Yeah, pretty much.

sig.gif
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    fuck the starks.

go talk to heisenberg in the book thread, you'll get along

blixaphonics why are you such a sociopath

sig.gif
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Theon is sympathetic? Really? I don't get that at all on the show.
    You lack general human empathy? Dude's been a hostage half his life, only to be shit on when he finally goes home.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    You lack general human empathy?

HA!

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Sorry!

Goose! on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Hey @Goose.
    Hey
    Wrong thread.
    Maybe spoiler that shit

blixaphonics why are you such a sociopath

liking theon = sociopathy? or is this in reference to my other sociopathic behaviour? :P

So many sociopaths in this thread.

sig.gif