As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Just went through the post counts. The full list is spoilered:
    13lasphemer69 - 9
    Alegis - 15
    Anialos - 12
    Assuran - 15
    Bedlam - 26
    capfalcon - 26
    CaptainPlanet82 - 9
    Cayrus - 29
    corvidae - 14
    Cythraul - 8
    Farangu - 18
    Figgy - 13
    Gaslight - 40
    Grunt's Ghosts - 8
    I needed a name to post - 8
    Infidel - 48
    JABMonkey - 3
    jedarksun - 84
    Ketbra - 57
    Kias - 6
    kime - 37
    Malkor - 8
    mascara305 - 3
    matev - 48
    Mr. Mojo Risin - 8
    MrBlarney - 17
    MrTLicious - 73
    Nirya - 15
    pablo_price - 7
    Peccavi - 34
    Rawkking Goodguy - 28
    Retaba - 53
    SaberOverEasy - 74
    Schuss - 11
    SeGaTai - 9
    Shiny New Toys - 17
    SlyM - 8
    Smoove Operator - 29
    That Dave Fella - 3
    The Anonymous - 13
    tzeentchling - 20
    vertroue - 12
    warban - 15

There are 12 people so far with less than 10 posts:

JABMonkey - 3
    mascara305 - 3
    That Dave Fella - 3
    Kias - 6
    pablo_price - 7
    Cythraul - 8
    Grunt's Ghosts - 8
    I needed a name to post - 8
    Malkor - 8
    Mr. Mojo Risin - 8
    SlyM - 8
    13lasphemer69 - 9
    CaptainPlanet82 - 9
    SeGaTai - 9

Analysis to follow.

I'm not talking much because I have no idea what's going on. It seems like we are all running in secret circles which is causing us to run in public reasoning circles and I'm pretty much out of the loop.

Then you have two choices. Initiate conversations with people privately and try to make your own loop, or use the wealth of public data to try and find some patterns.

Choose your poison :P

(This is just if you want to get more involved, which is of course ideal. There's nothing preventing you from taking a more commanding stance and attempting to figure more things out)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I haven't heard if CaptainPlanet82 was supporting or not.

I've heard that he was, but have no proof of this

I (CaptainPlanet82) sent a PM to the host (ObiFett) stating that I (CaptainPlanet82) was using my support action on day 2.

I never received any messages from the host in response.

I can at least verify that Padawans do not receive a host PM after a support action. At least, I didn't last night.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    corvidae wrote: »
    ]

Look up a bit, corv. People are calling you out left right and center, and you're popping in like a confused toddler with the same excuses, more or less ignoring the entire game.

interesting, i just scanned four pages of posts, and i don't see anyone calling me out except gaslight, for understandable reasons.

you, figgy, are lying. and mafia.

There were quite a few people commenting on your voting patterns/behaviour yesterday. You had 8 votes on your for a reason (9 before TRV switched off to peccavi).

So, are you "drunk" again, today? Or was that just early yesterday morning at 2:14 AM, and then apparently still drunk a whole 8 hours later when you did your little TRV dance ( here, here, and here ), claimed to have voiced your suspicions of TRV "adequately" (Caps Lock is adequate, apparently) and then said later that night it was because you were drunk that morning?

Then early this morning you said you were getting drunk again.

So, let me get this straight. You say you were drunk and too lazy to read on Day 2 at 2:14 AM EDT. About 8 hours later, you post "THEROADVIRUS" twice in an hour, and again six hours later. That night, you explain that behaviour as you being drunk. Drunk from 2 AM to the next evening? Maybe, I guess. But then that same night you say you're going to start drinking again. That's quite the bender! Most people I know wouldn't want to touch a bottle for a week after a binge like that, let alone the very next night. Maybe we should stage an intervention? Or maybe you're just evil, corvidae.

So he was drinking at 2:14AM, 10AM, 4PM? Then he "starts" again that night? When did he sleep? That's 14+ hours drinking! He should be in a hospital, not on the internet.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    I, I fear my master may be tainted by the Sith or the power of Inactivus.
    He did not meditate last night.

Was he supposed to? According to the public list (that I was looking at on page 35, at least), there's no information on him....

There was also mention of an unblockable kill. Are we sure that's a thing? It could be we just have no guards, possibly to somewhat counterbalance the fact that half the players can confirm the other half, who all have seerings...

Masters can guard Knights and Padiwans. And a few masters claimed that they had guarded Akimbo, so I'm inclined to believe that at least ONE of them did.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

Then you have two choices. Initiate conversations with people privately and try to make your own loop, or use the wealth of public data to try and find some patterns.

Choose your poison :P

(This is just if you want to get more involved, which is of course ideal. There's nothing preventing you from taking a more commanding stance and attempting to figure more things out)

If you haven't been able to tell, I'm always in favor of being involved. For what it's worth Grunt, there's plenty to be said for offering analysis and thought even if it's wrong. At the very least, it stops others from making the same mistakes. And it helps you learn and get better at phalla AND life!

• Options
    I'll try with 8 new pages every time I log in. Hard to do most of this from a smartphone.

• Options
    Yeah, I think it's far more likely that Akimbo died because a Padawan used Challenge on his guard.

Also, Padiwans can't challenge Masters. We're just that Badass.

• Options

I (CaptainPlanet82) sent a PM to the host (ObiFett) stating that I (CaptainPlanet82) was using my support action on day 2.

I can at least verify that Padawans do not receive a host PM after a support action. At least, I didn't last night.

I can second this.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

It should be noted this is the case only when supporting planetary mission actions. You do get a host PM if supporting your master in meditating.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Corv acts this way pretty much every game though, so I dunno.

And I'm not really comfortable with using people's personal habits as evidence against them in a phalla. I spent pretty much every vote close of the Edinburgh phalla in a bar and while that may have had a detrimental impact on my performance as network head, I'm glad no one called me out on it.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    I'll try with 8 new pages every time I log in. Hard to do most of this from a smartphone.

Ouch. I do not envy you.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's far more likely that Akimbo died because a Padawan used Challenge on his guard.
    Besides all the other logical counterarguments, the challenging Padawan would have had a 1:10 shot at guessing right. Unless you think everybody involved was stupid enough to broadcast who was guarding Akimbo.

It's far from impossible. People aim poorly all the time. But if there were multiple guards, as has been suggested, and there were unblockable guards on the council, then yeah, not likely.

• Options
    Cayrus wrote: »

And I'm not really comfortable with using people's personal habits as evidence against them in a phalla. I spent pretty much every vote close of the Edinburgh phalla in a bar and while that may have had a detrimental impact on my performance as network head, I'm glad no one called me out on it.

I'm not using his personal habits against him. There is no god damned way he was drunk from midnight until 6PM the following day. That was a lie to excuse his dumb behavior. Does it mean he's mafia? Not certainly, but it's a good place to start looking for now. Good as any. Unless he has an explanation for pretending to be drunk for over 12 hours, including an entire morning.

• Options
    edited May 2012

I'm not using his personal habits against him. There is no god damned way he was drunk from midnight until 6PM the following day. That was a lie to excuse his dumb behavior. Does it mean he's mafia? Not certainly, but it's a good place to start looking for now. Good as any. Unless he has an explanation for pretending to be drunk for over 12 hours, including an entire morning.

Drunk at midnight, went to sleepy sleepy sometime after that, woke up and started drinking in the early evening?

Edit: With mini-drunk-parties before each of his posts in between then.

Totally makes sense.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    So do we just vote corvidae out for now?

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular

So, let me get this straight. You say you were drunk and too lazy to read on Day 2 at 2:14 AM EDT. About 8 hours later, you post "THEROADVIRUS" twice in an hour, and again six hours later. That night, you explain that behaviour as you being drunk. Drunk from 2 AM to the next evening? Maybe, I guess. But then that same night you say you're going to start drinking again. That's quite the bender! Most people I know wouldn't want to touch a bottle for a week after a binge like that, let alone the very next night. Maybe we should stage an intervention? Or maybe you're just evil, corvidae.

at the risk of being a distraction (too late!).... my tolerance is ridiculous, and i'm in the middle of self-destructing...... and i took breaks.

• Options
    Does this site have a "LAST READ" button I can turn on? That might help me find my place when I come back in 4 hours.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Drunk at midnight, went to sleepy sleepy sometime after that, woke up and started drinking in the early evening?

Not quite.

Posting saying he was drunk at 2:00AM. Posting again from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AMish, posting again at 6:00 PM. Then posting late that night that he was drunk for those afternoon posts, so that's why they were all caps votes on TRV. And, yes, he's going to get drunk again.

I'm not going to keep beating this dead horse, because my point has been made. I'm keeping my vote on corv for now. He doesn't seem to be refuting my disbelief of all of this.

Edit: @corv's post above. So be it.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Does this site have a "LAST READ" button I can turn on? That might help me find my place when I come back in 4 hours.

If you just click the thread, it will bring you to your last read post. Sometimes you have to wait for the page to fully load.

Figgy on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular

Then whoever was guarding akimbo would have gotten a notification.

guards are specifically mentioned to be 1hit guards, and as I haven't seen multiple attacks from one side yet, I assume this was a forewarning on the limitations of guards. What happened yesterday night I assume to be a '1 time use' special ability, considering it's different in nature from the pink duel.

• Options
    Also, I encourage drunk phallaing

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Some solid information on corv, but I'm still sticking with peccavi. Last time I abandoned my hunch, obifett got a cultist victory.

Not doing that again. :D

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I like how we are now invading on corvidae's personal life as a means of judging if he is mafia or not. Also drunk phalla is hard

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    This phalla probably requires more of a time commitment than I had originally anticipated. I still have time to do what I do best though, which is vote based on gut instinct!

The Anonymous

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Peccavi ?

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    I'm not going to keep beating this dead horse, because my point has been made. I'm keeping my vote on corv for now. He doesn't seem to be refuting my disbelief of all of this.

i've already come to the realization, that i need to step away from all this. i'm flaming out today. i would withdraw, but that is unfair to whoever follows me. i've made my mistakes, and i live, and die by them. and yeah, i'm drinking now.

this isn't who i wanted to be.
    corvidae

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i've made my mistakes, and i live, and die by them. and yeah, i'm drinking now.

:(

corv...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Also, Padiwans can't challenge Masters. We're just that Badass.

... padawans can't challenge masters. However Master Arron Caballa may be treated with a special "sock party" for if there is one thing in this world that the council hates, it is an unlocked footlocker! Master Arron Caballa has dishonored himself and dishonored this council. "Are you allowed to eat jelly doughnuts, Master Arron Caballa?!" ...

I figured you would want the know more of the role PM since you would not have seen it. Tensions seem a bit high around here with the Sith sneaking around.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    I trusted in the force last night to not vote for TRV...He turned out to be Jedi. I am going for Peccavi again.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    and yeah, i'm drinking now.

That sounds like who I'd want to be.

Keep drinking your medicine and soon you'll feel right as rain.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    corvidae since he seems insistent upon voting for himself and not giving great reasons why not to.

• Options
    ... padawans can't challenge masters. However Master Arron Caballa may be treated with a special "sock party" for if there is one thing in this world that the council hates, it is an unlocked footlocker! Master Arron Caballa has dishonored himself and dishonored this council. "Are you allowed to eat jelly doughnuts, Master Arron Caballa?!" ...

I figured you would want the know more of the role PM since you would not have seen it. Tensions seem a bit high around here with the Sith sneaking around.

Wut?

If that last sentence means what I think you're trying to say, I.E. "How would you know what Padiwans can do, since you never saw the Role PM?" I would respond by saying that the Jedi Masters have access to the Hall of Records where the abilities of Knights and Padiwans are recorded. (I.E. Obi told all the masters.)

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Right so everyone is jumping on Corvidae for doing the same thing he does in every phalla ever and on Peccavi for joking about controlling multiple wagons and having the audacity to survive when he was close in votes at one point (the reason we killed TRV) which is in my experience a bad reason to vote for someone and yet people continually ignore some good solid sleuthing because "no one has given me anything better than this dumb reason im voting which is the same dumb reason that got a jedi killed last night" awesome...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I was kinda feeling the Corvidae vote earlier, but I don't think I really had a good reason.

That Dave Fella has indeed been barely skimming by on activity and claimed to be present at one of the biggest SNAFUs we've had so far.

So, Kime/That Dave Fella, have you gotten anything interesting that you want to share?

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    @Figgy

What's stated above is true. If Master's have correct information, barring some extra power, padawans should not be able to roleblock masters. So the busdrive was on the planetary missions, as was implied in the narration.

Also, Dave_Fella. I'm more comfortable voting based on vote records than drinking habits. Peccavi reasoning is better than nothing, but not as strong as Dave.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Will someone from the Council please contact me Thank you.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    That Dave Fella for being even quieter than I am.

Concerned about this master's thing, they can't or are unlikely to be roleblocked, we can't vote for them, so that leaves the council's kill as a means of eliminating any Sith that started or make it into the council? Were certainly behind on planets right now but if we don't start focusing some meditations at the council I don't know how were supposed to eliminate them.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Ah geeze Corv. You really should just withdraw and take a hiatus regardless of some role in a game, this game gets a bit too serious business to play when life is really stressing on you from my own personal experience.

Dave_Fella has been remarkably uncommunicative with my knight as well, in spite of efforts to coordinate.

That could be read either way to an extent, but a hell of a better vote than the wagons we've had these days.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Couldnt the "busdriver" last night simply be a knight or two being roleblocked? I´m guessing a few padawans trained the first night and decided they had a good feeling about someone being a sith.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    just a question - has anyone seered jdarksun? I seem to remember some reason we were trusting him, but can't find it explicitly.