As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    One reason for dave to possibly be very quiet is that I believe he is in a strange time zone. He was in our strike group and stated that vote close was like 7 am for him or something, just so all the info is on the table.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I think someone jokingly said he put in too much effort to be a sith, which is not a reason but I'm sure some of us would like to think so.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I definitely like the !That Dave Fella vote more than the 2 other leading candidates.

SaberOverEasy is pinging my radar for some reason, but I can't really put my finger on it. He was apparently part of the nal hutta team last night, so that's something.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sho if we think th' council would have a sith lord on it how come we think they should keep information from us that the mafia would know INFIDEL'S BEHIND IT ALL

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I definitely like the !That Dave Fella vote more than the 2 other leading candidates.

SaberOverEasy is pinging my radar for some reason, but I can't really put my finger on it. He was apparently part of the nal hutta team last night, so that's something.

It's my tin foil hat. You'd think I wouldn't have to wear it all the time... but you'd be wrong :)

• Options
    schuss wrote: »
    just a question - has anyone seered jdarksun? I seem to remember some reason we were trusting him, but can't find it explicitly.

I was wondering the same thing. Akimbo told us to contact him, but I didn't catch the reason.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    just a question - has anyone seered jdarksun? I seem to remember some reason we were trusting him, but can't find it explicitly.

Of course, we're not really trusting him. We're just giving information about what already happened and having him analyzed it. He's pretty public with the info, so people can verify it. It would be like Blarney intentionally fowling up a spreadsheet.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    sho if we think th' council would have a sith lord on it how come we think they should keep information from us that the mafia would know INFIDEL'S BEHIND IT ALL

What are we hiding?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options

What are we hiding?

That's the secret!

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    That's a lot of votes in a row for the same person. Especially considering that it was catalyzed by someone quoting another person's argument from two pages ago which didn't seem to catch on.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »

What are we hiding?

That's the secret!

Oh man, I forgot! Almost slipped up and told everyone all the sexy sexy secrets of the Council (hint: underwear is not required to be worn underneath robes whilst in the STAR Chamber)

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Okay I guess we're voting for that dave fella?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular

I was wondering the same thing. Akimbo told us to contact him, but I didn't catch the reason.

Yeah im pretty sure the contact was to tell him what you did after vote close not to tell him all your secret plans he is (as far as I know which is very little) not confirmed in any way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Aaaaggghhhh. I think the reasoning for Dave is good but this sudden massive stampede makes me hella nervous.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    That's a lot of votes in a row for the same person. Especially considering that it was catalyzed by someone quoting another person's argument from two pages ago which didn't seem to catch on.

In their defense, my arguments never seem to catch on until someone else says them :)

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    mascara305 to have it on the record, she is, if possible, even more invisible than Dave.

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I'd vote for that Dave Fella, but that's just what Peccavi wants me to do.

My original feelings was that on day one there were some shenanigans on Fondor that didn't add up. 38th's death and Peccavi's rise to Knight left a bad feeling in my three mouths. But as long as he keeps the council apprised of his actions, and they add up I am willing to drop it.

Not that it matters I guess.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm going to be a rebellious little padawan and vote out my master

The Anonymous

as he's provided no info at all to me about things and has been missioning (from what I can tell)

schuss on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was kinda feeling the Corvidae vote earlier, but I don't think I really had a good reason.

That Dave Fella has indeed been barely skimming by on activity and claimed to be present at one of the biggest SNAFUs we've had so far.

So, Kime/That Dave Fella, have you gotten anything interesting that you want to share?

What would I have? He meditated the first day, didn't the second. If that wasn't already common knowledge.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Only Sith vote out their masters schuss!

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Can I say this was my favorite part of the Episode 3 review?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Cayrus wrote: »

Well, usually masters turn their padawans or they die in a tragic lightsaber "accident".

"yeah, he was practicing, slipped and sliced his own head off. Shame, really"

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !That Dave Fella for not cooperating in being accountable for his actions.

That seems to be the only non-bullshit thing going on atm. Corv is very much making excuses, but it appears to be RL issues or just simply being bad at the game, not really a mafia cover.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    That's fair. His 38th Doe vote was also the first one and based on a phallakinetic grudge, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

That Dave Fella on the other hand still looks SUPER suspicious.

Two votes for Bedlam (who wasn't being discussed at all) without any reasoning. Night 1 (when strategy was up in the air and we didn't know how well we'd be able to track missions) he meditated. Night 2, he went to Nal Hutta (which he would have known would be bus driven back to Coruscant and impossible to track). Finally, he's made all of 4 posts, including his 2 bedlam votes. While there's plenty of suspicion to go around at the moment, That Dave Fella is the one I have the best evidence for.
    See this? This is a decent reason to vote for somebody.

That Dave Fella.

Wait, how do we know he knew that Nal Hutta would be bus driven?

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    The_Anonymous for not talking to his pad-a-wan. I don't have as many suspicions as I should this game. Although Gaslight's constant outspoken secrecy(that is how you spell it? Really?) did tickle my paranoia but I can kind of understand it too.

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    Yeah, I was kinda feeling the Corvidae vote earlier, but I don't think I really had a good reason.

That Dave Fella has indeed been barely skimming by on activity and claimed to be present at one of the biggest SNAFUs we've had so far.

So, Kime/That Dave Fella, have you gotten anything interesting that you want to share?

What would I have? He meditated the first day, didn't the second. If that wasn't already common knowledge.

I don't know. That's why I was asking. :P

I figured you'd probably be the second best person to ask about his activities.

• Options
    That's fair. His 38th Doe vote was also the first one and based on a phallakinetic grudge, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

That Dave Fella on the other hand still looks SUPER suspicious.

Two votes for Bedlam (who wasn't being discussed at all) without any reasoning. Night 1 (when strategy was up in the air and we didn't know how well we'd be able to track missions) he meditated. Night 2, he went to Nal Hutta (which he would have known would be bus driven back to Coruscant and impossible to track). Finally, he's made all of 4 posts, including his 2 bedlam votes. While there's plenty of suspicion to go around at the moment, That Dave Fella is the one I have the best evidence for.
    See this? This is a decent reason to vote for somebody.

That Dave Fella.

Wait, how do we know he knew that Nal Hutta would be bus driven?

Presumably the Sith are a bit more coordinated in their actions. I'd assume they posted on their proboards what they were doing.

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    I (CaptainPlanet82) sent a PM to the host (ObiFett) stating that I (CaptainPlanet82) was using my support action on day 2.

I never received any messages from the host in response.

I can at least verify that Padawans do not receive a host PM after a support action. At least, I didn't last night.

I didn't receive a followup PM after supporting last night either.

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »

Well if that's the case, I belive that you Cayrus should be the next one to go!

• Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    I'm not going to keep beating this dead horse, because my point has been made. I'm keeping my vote on corv for now. He doesn't seem to be refuting my disbelief of all of this.

i've already come to the realization, that i need to step away from all this. i'm flaming out today. i would withdraw, but that is unfair to whoever follows me. i've made my mistakes, and i live, and die by them. and yeah, i'm drinking now.

this isn't who i wanted to be.
    corvidae

Corv, I think you need a cookie. Cookies fix everything

Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    What a depressing past few pages of discussion. One of Jedi Plinkett's diatribes would almost be welcome at this point.

As That Dave Fella has been looked to, I cast my vote on The Anonymous for also trying to fly low.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! This is a public service announcement.

I know I told everyone to vote for That Dave Fella earlier. While it is still possible he is a Sith, we now have better targets thanks to the mission analysis.

The full analysis is spoilered below:
    We've made several assumptions about how Sith and Jedi work together. First and foremost, every Sith Padawan has the ability to block the mission points their knight produces for a night. Secondly, every Sith knight has the ability to add their padawan's support to Sith power at a planet, even if the padawan is Jedi. Finally, either a Sith master or the Sith as a whole have the ability to add 12 point to a planet of their choice. The sith masters have other abilities as well, and do not always use their planet powers.

For this analysis, we are travelling to Nal Hutta on night one. At mission call on night 1, three Knights claimed to go to Nal Hutta: SaberOverEasy, Farangu, and REG_Rysk. Two padawans also stated they provided support Jdarksun (saber) and Corvidae (REG_Rysk). At the end of the night, Nal Hutta was at -9. This is consistent with having two jedi knights supported by one Jedi padawan and one Jedi Knight negated by his padawan. We know the Sith knights weren't involved, because they were off at Alderaan and Tatooine that night. That leaves either jdarksun or corvidae as the padawan traitor on that Nal Hutta night.

Jdarksun created the spreadsheet that I needed to do all of the analysis. More will following in four hours or so when I am back from fencing. Additionally, he worked behind the scenes to get as much information out to you as possible. He was deeply involved in all of our strategy discussions on day 1, worked with Akimbo on the network and generally been incredible village-y.

Corvidae, as stated before, has not. He has a throwaway vote on mascara308 day 1, and continually pushed the TRV bandwagon day 2. Day 2 mission-wise, corvidae ended up at Nal Hutta, which was bus driven back and assumed to be the default for Sith wanting to hide their actions. He has a fairly low post count (14), expeically considering several of those are repeats of his TRV vote.

Ultimately, I think corvidae is as sithy as you can get.

tl;dr: Vote corvidae.

And feel better Corv! It's only a game!

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Woah I'm being voted for not telling one council member what I did as actions but I told the sword?

Day 1: I medidated on my Padawan
    Day 2: I want to Nal Hutta for all the good it did us as Sith currently control it!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! This is a public service announcement.

I know I told everyone to vote for That Dave Fella earlier. While it is still possible he is a Sith, we now have better targets thanks to the mission analysis.

The full analysis is spoilered below:
    We've made several assumptions about how Sith and Jedi work together. First and foremost, every Sith Padawan has the ability to block the mission points their knight produces for a night. Secondly, every Sith knight has the ability to add their padawan's support to Sith power at a planet, even if the padawan is Jedi. Finally, either a Sith master or the Sith as a whole have the ability to add 12 point to a planet of their choice. The sith masters have other abilities as well, and do not always use their planet powers.

For this analysis, we are travelling to Nal Hutta on night one. At mission call on night 1, three Knights claimed to go to Nal Hutta: SaberOverEasy, Farangu, and REG_Rysk. Two padawans also stated they provided support Jdarksun (saber) and Corvidae (REG_Rysk). At the end of the night, Nal Hutta was at -9. This is consistent with having two jedi knights supported by one Jedi padawan and one Jedi Knight negated by his padawan. We know the Sith knights weren't involved, because they were off at Alderaan and Tatooine that night. That leaves either jdarksun or corvidae as the padawan traitor on that Nal Hutta night.

Jdarksun created the spreadsheet that I needed to do all of the analysis. More will following in four hours or so when I am back from fencing. Additionally, he worked behind the scenes to get as much information out to you as possible. He was deeply involved in all of our strategy discussions on day 1, worked with Akimbo on the network and generally been incredible village-y.

Corvidae, as stated before, has not. He has a throwaway vote on mascara308 day 1, and continually pushed the TRV bandwagon day 2. Day 2 mission-wise, corvidae ended up at Nal Hutta, which was bus driven back and assumed to be the default for Sith wanting to hide their actions. He has a fairly low post count (14), expeically considering several of those are repeats of his TRV vote.

Ultimately, I think corvidae is as sithy as you can get.

tl;dr: Vote corvidae.

And feel better Corv! It's only a game!

In light of this, I will also
    !That Dave Fella
    !corvidae

• Options
    Do we know how Sith spread influence? Those numbers could also indicate Saber/darksun being sith, as we know that Reg is village, and if he was supported by Corv, it would be jedi points (most likely)

• Options
    Do we know how Sith spread influence? Those numbers could also indicate Saber/darksun being sith, as we know that Reg is village, and if he was supported by Corv, it would be jedi points (most likely)

We don't shuss, but I'm making some educated guesses based on how Jedi do it. The numbers for Nal hutta strongly indicate points being nullified. We know that Jedi padawans support their knights, so it makes sense for sith padawans to oppose them. We know Jedi Knights go on missions, so it makes sense for Sith knights to go on missions. The Jedi masters can affect planets, so it makes sense the Sith Masters/Team can. Allowing them to corrupt one planet a turn (or send the points to do so) makes sense from a balance/theme perspective. Also, the numbers for night 1 work out well under this system.

And if I was Sith, I probably wouldn't be telling you all this :P

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    mascara305 to have it on the record, she is, if possible, even more invisible than Dave.

There seem to be several people who are unaccounted for. It just strikes me as odd that we're singling out Dave, and that everyone is sheeping to jdark.

My guess is that mafia think jdark has enough capital from his analysis that once he says something, it's okay to pile on because, even if he's wrong, they were just following the guy that's actually crunching the numbers. Or even better, it will all get pinned on him, killing two votes with one stone.

Rule of threes and all that leads me to SeGaTai

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Because we spent two pages arguing about corvidae's drinking habits.

That Dave Fella is phoning in literally the bare minimum required not to be kicked out - a vote and orders. He hasn't confirmed any of his actions, so we have no idea what he's doing.

I was paired with Akimbo and told him what I've done both nights. I didn't realise I had to contact yourself as well.

I told you what I did the previous two nights but I'm happy to be another green sacrifice for the empire to control the galaxy.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    That Dave Fella

classic mafia response.

• Options
    Where is the bus driving coming from? Didn't they already have 9 on Nal Hutta from Day 1? I would imagine they made a large push to get it and whoever went for it along with me didn't make much of a difference. I had +1 to it along with +1 from my Padawan.

I'm not as good at Phalla as the rest of you so I don't post a lot with insightful observations. I made a silly day 1 vote as you do and just chose the same person on day 2 cause bandwagoning will get you shanked just as much.

I try and keep below the radar when I play and do what I can when given the opportunity.