As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Tape I forgot t say your art in Syndalis' room is awesome!

thank you! I did not know he showed it to anyone

I am always super insecure about stuff like that so I assumed he hid them in his closet or something hahaha

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Sorry guys I didn't even make it out yesterday at all.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    it's ok, drez!

we need to make actual plans to go do a thing soon

maybe like a little notice ahead of time though? we usually go to the gym like, straight after work unless we have specifically made plans to do otherwise.

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Tape you should have shown that arts to me

Also organichu, I get such a bad rap for no reason

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    it's ok, drez!

we need to make actual plans to go do a thing soon

maybe like a little notice ahead of time though? we usually go to the gym like, straight after work unless we have specifically made plans to do otherwise.

Yeah, sorry. Let's make concrete plans soon.

Friday was kinda bizarre anyway.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Tape you should have shown that arts to me

Also organichu, I get such a bad rap for no reason

I would have shown it to you if I knew syndalis had put it up on display!

also you get a bad rap for being a guy who gets a bad rap

• rizriz Registered User regular
    omg so much fun

this was a really perfect day, gang! it is so awesome to have such a cool group of friends who get along so well

It's pretty awesome when you can be in a room with a large number of people, and someone dropping a bit of making-of-LOTR trivia gets nods and sounds of knowing confirmation rather than weird looks or silence.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    on that note you're all disgusting nerds and i just want to make sure i understood the movie: the guy with the bow and arrows was the green lantern, right?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    on that note you're all disgusting nerds and i just want to make sure i understood the movie: the guy with the bow and arrows was the green lantern, right?

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Sleep No More this friday/Tape's Bday Boozin'!
    GET PUMPED BITCHES!

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    I'm actually not going to be able to make it to Sleep No More this time around...but I'll definitely show up for the Bday Boozin! Is there a chosen destination yet?

Show gets out at 10ish... Somewhere in the 27th st neighborhood I guess?

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    i dont post much in D&D but I just wanted to say yo to and welcome to the neighborhood to @deebaser

I have been in astoria for the last few years, its good times

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    what's happening on friday? I WANT TO GO TO THERE

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    what's happening on friday? I WANT TO GO TO THERE

Sleep no more; posts were made and money spent a couple months ago, and its totally sold out.

That said, there will be post-event drinking happening in the city.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    I want to go and get drunk :D

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I want to go and get drunk :D

Awesome! Seems a few people will be joining us all afterwards, glad to have you!

As soon as we figure out where we are getting our drink on it will be posted here.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    I sadly cannot go get drunk. I need to leave home by 6am the next morning and be as rested and non hungover as possible.
    Poor me.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Cool cool cool, I don't know that area worth dick. Last time we post gamed at mustang Sally's like a bunch of under aged long island kids. We should not repeat that mistake

I'm canvassing on Saturday and I'm planning on being drunk every night for the next 5 days

Aretè wrote: »
    i dont post much in D&D but I just wanted to say yo to and welcome to the neighborhood to @deebaser

Thank you sir, been here for 2 years now. If it weren't for the schools I'd buy here.

(Holy shit. When did I get that old)

I'm canvassing on Saturday and I'm planning on being drunk every night for the next 5 days

Canvassing for what?

Beast, you're doing it wrong.
    You're supposed to confirm and flake with hours to spare.

This is your role.

Good news everybody, I've discovered a way that I can go out drinking all night long on Friday night.

YOU WILL ALL GET THE HUGS FROM ME YOU'VE BEEN REQUESTING!!!!!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    See, now we are in the proper state of you planning to arrive.

All is as it should be.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Aretè wrote: »

Thank you sir, been here for 2 years now. If it weren't for the schools I'd buy here.

(Holy shit. When did I get that old)

Yeah I hear ya, I'm not sure i am going to do when it comes time buy.

So, couple new and interesting places opened up semi recently in Astoria. Ramen place on ditmars and a German place serving up "exotic" bratwurst.

Ramen joint I will be hitting up tomorrow night, been itching for it lately.

Hinomaru is the ramen place and max bratwurst und bier is the other

Still no idea what place to go drankin

may even want to go back downtown

hrm

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular

hrm

Slaughtered Lamb!

TomeWyrm wrote: »

hrm

Slaughtered Lamb!

yissssss
    this was p much exactly what I was thinking

TomeWyrm wrote: »

hrm

Slaughtered Lamb!

yissssss
    this was p much exactly what I was thinking

Its an easy subway ride there, and a hop skip and jump away from the path afterwards.

I likey.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    guys come over to my place and drink while i try to sleep in the other room and the cats attack you
    that way i can feel like i'm a part of the fun!!!!!!!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    I want to play with your cats sometime, BEAST!. All I have is nexuscrawler and while he sheds like a cat he is nowhere near interested enough in chasing laser pointer light dots or catnip mice

Also I got dat goooood catnip for my cat at work

basically what I'm saying is I can hook a bro up
    as long as that bro is a cat

BOTH my cats are bros

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    what time is the drinking starting? I have my sister's concert but it's a little kid school concert thing it's not exactly gonna run late. and I'll be in JC already so I can get into the city even easier than usual

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    10:30ish? At Slaughtered Lamb!

• rizriz Registered User regular
    You.. have a cat at work?

I just have catty writers.

riz wrote: »
    You.. have a cat at work?

I just have catty writers.

Smellie Bellie, my personal assistant

Slaughtered lamb it is.
    I'd go with beasts apartment, but as he probably won't make it it'd be awwwwwkkkkkwaaaaaarrrrdddd

Bat signal time