As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    The Anonymous I'm off to bed, i've sent in my mission for the evening. May the force be with you all!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Rule of threes and all that leads me to SeGaTai

It's the rule of two, dammit!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

Well theres the master, the apprentice he is willing to sacrifice to meet his goals, and the apprentice he actually likes and sticks it out more than one film.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

Well theres the master, the apprentice he is willing to sacrifice to meet his goals, and the apprentice he actually likes and sticks it out more than one film.

...You sound like you know a lot about this, Padawan Visectamus.

• Options
    Hey aint my fault palpatine is a huge jerk.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Okay now that I've had my ass handed to me in soccer I am ready for some phalla.

Time to catch up!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Do we know how Sith spread influence? Those numbers could also indicate Saber/darksun being sith, as we know that Reg is village, and if he was supported by Corv, it would be jedi points (most likely)

We don't shuss, but I'm making some educated guesses based on how Jedi do it. The numbers for Nal hutta strongly indicate points being nullified. We know that Jedi padawans support their knights, so it makes sense for sith padawans to oppose them. We know Jedi Knights go on missions, so it makes sense for Sith knights to go on missions. The Jedi masters can affect planets, so it makes sense the Sith Masters/Team can. Allowing them to corrupt one planet a turn (or send the points to do so) makes sense from a balance/theme perspective. Also, the numbers for night 1 work out well under this system.

And if I was Sith, I probably wouldn't be telling you all this :P

Sounds like Sith to me... BURN HIM!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

Actually you're not too far off the mark I think. A revelation came to me when I was in the 'fresher (Ironically, Imperial March and the Emperor Arrives played back to back when this revelation occurred)

Earlier in the day, Kime had pointed out a contradiction that made entirely too much sense
    kime wrote: »
    (Purple can't be converted people like someone suggested, they showed up on Day One, before any conversions could have happened)

However, I think I know why there was a red kill and not a purple one this evening. The rule of 2. The apprentice does the killing, the master pulls the strings. (And likely uses the apprentice as a shield)

There was a pair that started as master and apprentice, but obviously when Baidol bought it, the master needed a new apprentice. Entered the much feared "limited conversion" mechanics. Always two there must be, no more, no less.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it. It doesn't help our current quagmire, I thought I'd share with the rest of the class and see what they thought.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    That is a lot of words that dont really make sense.

• Options
    So...what are you suggesting? That we started the game with only two mafia and there are never more than two at any given time?

If we want to get technical, I am pretty sure the rule of two didn't even exist at the time this game is set. This is when the Sith Empire was still a political faction.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    So...what are you suggesting? That we started the game with only two mafia and there are never more than two at any given time?

If we want to get technical, I am pretty sure the rule of two didn't even exist at the time this game is set. This is when the Sith Empire was still a political faction.

Nope, I'm saying that there's the Bane Sith Lords (Purple converters) and then there's the Sith Empire (Red Mafia)

From the OP:
    The story takes place in the Star Wars universe around the time of Darth Bane. The Sith are still an Empire but are on the decline. Their last ditch effort to gain control of the Galaxy is to activate their sleeper agents that have infiltrated nearly every level of the Jedi Order and at the same time launch an offensive against a myriad of planets. The Sith hope the disarray that the agents can create in the Order will give them the edge they need to take control of the galaxy.

It only makes sense.

EDIT: Also, from today's narration:
    Somewhere deep within the Jedi Temple, an ancient Sith promise was made. "Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."

They might just be looking to survive to game end, they may be serial killers. Either way, the Jedi have 3 fronts to fight on. The Empire, the Sith Lords, and the planetary conquest front.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    4294-blind-photographer-tara-miller-wins-national-photo-award-plausible.jpg

• Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    I messed up last night. I sent a message to AkimboLegs to let him know I was going to Fondor and then I never actually sent in my order to Obifett. The numbers are thus different then what everyone thought. Very, very sorry about that.

That Dave Fella seem

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    !Corvidae, for both game and humanitarian reasons.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Or it could be that there is 2 traitors among the Sith ranks. Meaning that they are also watching each other! Oh what I would give to see the PMs going on in the Sith camp.

• Options
    Or it could be that there is 2 traitors among the Sith ranks. Meaning that they are also watching each other! Oh what I would give to see the PMs going on in the Sith camp.

So they're not just mafia, but double mafia. That's stretching it a touch too far...

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Hey man, you opened up the door with your wild ideas. No telling where we go from here. Wookies and Trandoshans living together, mass hysteria...

• Options
    Matev wrote: »

So they're not just mafia, but double mafia. That's stretching it a touch too far...

Hey, it fits the flavor. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular

Hey, it fits the flavor. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Vlads to the left of me
    Thrallvigs to the right

I'll swap off to corvidae

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

Mafia mafia Mafia mafia mafia mafia Mafia mafia.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    tl;dr: Vote corvidae.

And feel better Corv! It's only a game!

I want to see if this has any merit. Sorry corvidae.

@Figgy it's bad form in my opinion to use non-game reasons to try and vote someone out.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I liked @warban better when he was a pony

• Options
    warban wrote: »
    @Figgy it's bad form in my opinion to use non-game reasons to try and vote someone out.

Eh, all's fair in phalla but it's unfortunate he struck a nerve.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You should see what I did to the jedi council pro-boards

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Did you hire kime to make a color scheme?

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Corvidae

• Options

Worse, they hired lonelyahava.

• Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    Corvidae

Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Worse, they hired lonelyahava.

Besides, I make the best color schemes.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Current Spreadsheet (up to post 1612)

corvidae has 12 votes, That Dave Fella has 8 votes. Peccavi and The Anonymous each have 5 votes.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Peccavi

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    !Withdraw

There is just no way in hell I can follow this game.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

@Nullzone
    @jackisreal
    @sportzboytjw

any of you want in?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The second biggest problem with Star Wars phalla one is the whole vote process and the way it was told. It's almost mindboggling how complex the inaccuracy is. From the very start of this phalla I could tell something was really wrong, just by the way it started. It opens with some boring poster asking everyone to use their seers that everyone has that look like they're probably completely circumventable. What the fuck is that. Then two cloaked posters enter the conversation at a completely flat angle, they sit down in a webzone, drink tea, and wait to talk about math with something that looks like my ex-wife. While they eventually do get to the ball-numbing mindless voting that the fanboys crave, I found myself utterly bored already.

Compare this fecal matter to the opening of Echo Bazaar.

You see a guy named Christopher Marley once said "our swords shall play the or-a-tors for us". This just means don't waste my time. You keep it nice and simple!

I said stop wasting my time! Stop it!

Without saying one word of awkward boring technical dialogue that goes on for ten pages we know everything we need to know just by the role PMs. MASONS, ACTIONS. We get a sense of how we should be spending our evenings and how vast and open the strategy is. The location system implies travel, and the HP system implies the need to take a few hits to do what you gotta do. This opening says everything we need to know without saying one clarification. In fact it is so genius I have a feeling Langly had nothing to do with it and probably fought against including it in the phalla.

So this comparison of openings is a small example of the overall styles of both villages. Echo Bazaar was a modern day tribute to grand games of the past, where everyone was new and just wanted to do something, the kind I used to play when I was in my 40s. Good vs evil. Kills vs guards. The classic seering! The thrill of discovery. Gay ninja turtles. And an epic game of exploration. The new phalla is about overthinking as much crap in each day as possible.
    Nope, I'm saying that there's the Bane Sith Lords (Purple converters) and then there's the Sith Empire (Red Mafia)

This is part of the reason that I find MrT phallas so offensive. Because you're into what's happening in the phalla and he keeps shoving more shit on the webzone to distract you. It reminds me of a child waving his arms around in the background for attention. Doesn't the council realize that cluttering the plan up with overthinking is not what makes phalla good?

Fuck you Capfalcon! You ruined this too? STOP RUINING WH wait a minute. That ain't Capfalcon. What is it with ponies?

So the phalla is called Phallance in the force and by the nature of phalla there is no clear villain. Hey idiot! You're not making Time Cube Phalla here. You're making a phalla for nerds, right? How about a vote target whose motivation is clear? The phalla should be similar to original phallas, because I don't like things that are different

DAY THREE: INFIDEL

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    !Withdraw

Same here but I'm staying in for the lightsaber battles. Or maybe the cool jams!

youtu.be/BogbtlJs1rI

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok, that was wonderful.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I love the inclusion of the players.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I spent the time waiting for vote close/narration last night watching all of the one for episode 1. they are amazing!

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    Ok, that was wonderful.
    I need a translator.

squawk squawk highnote squawk!!! Mumblemumblejetpack highnote squawk!!!

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.