As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Rainbow Coalition OR Welcome to Robo Homo House!

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Zay more like Gay.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    It has been too long since I commented on how wonderful @#pipe is. But he is. He is one of my favorite, favorite people!

:bz

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    how do you like

the NEW me?
    fab

nevillexmassig1.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Whhhhhy aren't there more gay main characters on TV

And even Torchwood chickened out by having everyone just be bi/omnisexual

Janson wrote: »
    Whhhhhy aren't there more gay main characters on TV

And even Torchwood chickened out by having everyone just be bi/omnisexual

Yeah, it's true.
    They had a main character on Warehouse 13 be gay last season, at least.
    Also he was attractive! :D

nevillexmassig1.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I look forward to having a character on a show be 'this main thing and gay' rather than 'gay and this main thing' like they tend to do

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Neville how do you feel about straight actors playing gay characters (rainbowface)

sig.png
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    Reginald wrote: »
    So I have, at least on 2 occasions, questioned my heterosexuality. I mean, I kind of consider it odd if you don't. Like, putting up an ignorant wall in regards to
    Fiz wrote: »
    SLAMMU wrote: »
    What ever happened to fiz and redeemer? I haven't seen them around in forever

Hiya. Like Neville said, Redi and I are mostly twitter folk now. I sometimes post in the pokemon forums if something amazing happens in the anime or a new game comes out. Otherwise, I just visit the forums to read the new comics and see if people are talking about Nads.

:( Give Nads a hug for me man.

I will. I know about what he has, and it is super treatable (success rate is like 92%). Getting there will suck a bit, but he's a fighter.

juggcat.jpg
    @Moriveth @Tossrock your questions/comments are similar!

I don't mind generally, as their job is to act.
    Philip Seymour Hoffman played Truman Capote really well.

As long as it isn't being done purely to be offensive, then I'm fine with it.
    And even if they are, it takes a lot to genuinely offend me.
    I've lived here for how long? :D

nevillexmassig1.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    How awesome is Captain Jack from Doctor Who?

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    So, using the word gay as a pejorative...

What are your thoughts about that?

[IMG][/img]
    @TankHammer you have watched Torchwood right

Right

TankHammer wrote: »
    How awesome is Captain Jack from Doctor Who?

I ... haven't really watched Doctor Who.
    I know, I know. I'm the worst. :<

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I look forward to having a character on a show be 'this main thing and gay' rather than 'gay and this main thing' like they tend to do

The guy who hated mcnulty in the wire (yeah the one guy) was gay but could be easily missed.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

Right

Don't.

Omar is almost certainly the best gay character in the history of television.

Real strong, facetious.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I'm of the opinion that yeah the president really is all for same-sex marriage, which is great. But yeah it also definitely feels like a card being played since it's close to election time. Which, to be honest, I don't really care because wooohoo fuck you North Carolina!

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh and one of the guys in tinker tailor soldier spy was gay and it was dealt with just of the periphery.

Blake T on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    By the way, facetious, that thing Neville said about some straight dudes being really thick is more true than I realized, because I didn't even realize you were gay until this thread.

[IMG][/img]
    Blake T wrote: »
    Oh and one of the guys in tinker tailor soldier spy was hay and it was dealt with just of the periphery.

Yeah I felt that was handled quite well.

Gatsby wrote: »

Right

Don't.

Booooo

It's cheesy but awesome, especially after the first season

So, using the word gay as a pejorative...

What are your thoughts about that?

Anyone who does that is a f-g.

Also: http://www.homorazzi.com/article/fag-gay-usage-homophobic-slur-faggot-queer-homosexual-offensive-words/

In general, that isn't something I like.
    If it's done by other gays OR people I know who don't mean it offensively, it is okay. I'd prefer they not, but I'm not going to start a thing over it.
    My old roommate Marco used to use it a lot, mostly to tease me. He's an awesome guy and would probably fight someone if need be if they were going to mess with me.

But people doing it just to be assholes?
    They're using the word to get a reaction; obviously I'm not thrilled about that.
    I do feel it is the same as using the "N word" in the sense that its a word with a very pejorative connotation, so when you use it as such, you obviously want to offend.

And on this subject, saying "Oh my friends say it etc" is not a valid excuse for using it.
    If you're intelligent enough to discuss the merits and/or drawbacks of it, you are intelligent enough to search your vernacular for another word to use.

nevillexmassig1.png
    By the way, facetious, that thing Neville said about some straight dudes being really thick is more true than I realized, because I didn't even realize you were gay until this thread.

oh man...
    8-)

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Neville, do you watch Happy Endings?

if so, what do you think of Max?

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Zay more like Gay.

well ACTUALLY
    I'm bi

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Haha. Well like I said, it's just not the sort of thing people necessarily assume about others.

I do consider the Oscar Wilde quote a bit of a clue, though. :P Although that's honestly not why I love that quote - it genuinely resonates with me completely regardless of Wilde's.. reputation.

Real strong, facetious.

edited May 2012

oh man...
    8-)

Look, I'm decidedly pro-gay, so if anybody gets a pass on this one, it's...

Well, probably not me, but I'm still not gonna make a big deal out of it either way!

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh here's one: HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE/USE/LEVEL-UP GAYDAR?

I am the worst at this. Frustrating levels of bad.

It depends. Also going to DigiPen nearly broke me.
    It turns out nerds have really bad social cues. There are some spectacularly flamboyant yet ENTIRELY heterosexual guys.
    @Rankenphile can back me up on this. One guy in particular. He's a cool guy and is very supportive of gays, but isn't gay.

Allegedly.
    (I'd have bet $500 that he was and lost, apparently. I still dunno if I believe that.)

Who is what in the what now?

8406wWN.png
    Zay more like Gay.

well ACTUALLY
    I'm bi

My apologies!

I should no better than to pun carelessly.

I really jumped the pun.

I deserve punis... okay sorry.

Real strong, facetious.

It turns out nerds have really bad social cues. There are some spectacularly flamboyant yet ENTIRELY heterosexual guys.
    @Rankenphile can back me up on this. One guy in particular. He's a cool guy and is very supportive of gays, but isn't gay.

Allegedly.
    (I'd have bet $500 that he was and lost, apparently. I still dunno if I believe that.)

Talking about dudes at DP who act flamboyant who aren't.

Don't you know the one dude from my year.. RTIS guy... bigger fellow.
    Very high voice with an incredibly distinctive laugh?

Nice as heck, but man I'd have wagered big he was on my team.

nevillexmassig1.png

Right

Don't.

Booooo

It's cheesy but awesome, especially after the first season

Okay, I'll give you Children of Earth as that was a step up from season one, and the concept behind the shift to America was interesting but I felt poorly handled.

I think it was Grey Ghost who put it best; you can't have the monster of the week be an alien that eats sex appear in the second episode of the show.

Haha. Well like I said, it's just not the sort of thing people necessarily assume about others.

I do consider the Oscar Wilde quote a bit of a clue, though. :P Although that's honestly not why I love that quote - it genuinely resonates with me completely regardless of Wilde's.. reputation.

Well, I didn't even realize that was Wilde, so there! :rotate:

[IMG][/img]
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Yes hello are we talking about flamboyant heterosexual men in here

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    If people think it's A-OK to use gay and fag and queer etc as pejoratives, you should make them watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-55wC5dEnc

Neville, do you watch Happy Endings?

if so, what do you think of Max?

I don't. Should I?

TBH I don't watch a lot of "Queer TV" or anything (not sure if that qualifies).
    Well... I DO adore Bravo, so I guess I do, but mostly their food stuff. Housewives of <All Cities> and such is boring to me.

Zay more like Gay.

well ACTUALLY
    I'm bi

GO TEAM :D

Never assume. :p

oh man...
    8-)

Look, I'm decidedly pro-gay, so if anybody gets a pass on this one, it's...

Well, probably not me, but I'm still not gonna make a big deal out of it either way!

I was commenting on the phrase you used, not that you didn't realize ... oh nevermind. :P

nevillexmassig1.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

Allegedly.

Talking about dudes at DP who act flamboyant who aren't.

Don't you know the one dude from my year.. RTIS guy... bigger fellow.
    Very high voice with an incredibly distinctive laugh?

Nice as heck, but man I'd have wagered big he was on my team.
    I'd probably know him if you pointed him out to me. "Bigger fellow" and RTIS don't exactly narrow it down a whole lot.

8406wWN.png
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Blake T wrote: »
    Oh and one of the guys in tinker tailor soldier spy was hay and it was dealt with just of the periphery.

Yeah I felt that was handled quite well.

Yeah, that was great.

One day I'll come out to my family & friends in my hometown.
    This year is not the year. I'm super jazzed that the country I'm interviewing in the week after next is super gay-friendly though, first ones to legalize gay marriage & etc etc

Kochikens on

If liking Oscar Wilde makes you gay then I'm pretty darn gay.

Veretas wrote: »
    Yes hello are we talking about flamboyant heterosexual men in here

Yeah, but you aren't one. Sorry bro.
    You're pretty straight acting.

nevillexmassig1.png
This discussion has been closed.