As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or was there a lot less Sith action last night? They could have been piling on their own planets, or they may be sacrificing there powers for more kills.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    So going from night 2 to night 3 we get:
    Alderaan:-3 -> 0
    Fondor:9 -> 6
    Hoth:2 -> 2
    Nal Hutta:-12 -> -12
    Bothawui:5 -> 5
    Tatooine:-12 -> -12

So almost every planet pushed except for the first 2, and that was even a push of 3 points for us and 3 for them split between them. I'm sure whoever has jdarks spreadsheet has more sense out of this.

Looks like there content not making any more gains if it looks like we aren't making any big ones.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »

So almost every planet pushed except for the first 2, and that was even a push of 3 points for us and 3 for them split between them. I'm sure whoever has jdarks spreadsheet has more sense out of this.

Looks like there content not making any more gains if it looks like we aren't making any big ones.

It also depends on how many people claimed to have attacked each planet. People were generally good with messaging jdark the information but with his death I dont know if the info is gathered by anyone.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    ooOOOOoOOOOOooo

About time. I was starting to think I wasn't being chatty enough.

ooOOOOoOOOOooo

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Just noticed something...this could be because I'm not the village planner and don't know the details of every night, but aren't the padawans assumed to support their master?
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Knight Vitju Mavis was found dead while in his meditation chambers and Knight Harry S. Plinkett was found dead on Fondor, he didn't have enough support to survive the onslaught sent his way."

This implies that INANTP's padawan (looking up the list - Malkor) didn't support him last night, which got him killed for it.

This is...disturbing.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »

It also depends on how many people claimed to have attacked each planet. People were generally good with messaging jdark the information but with his death I dont know if the info is gathered by anyone.

Despite jdark's unfortunate demise, his work is still being carried on. We're still looking at mission reports and such and greatly appreciate everyone (That includes you Sith! Make sure to let us know what your lie is supposed to be today!) letting us know what they were up to yesterday. Much like a vote record, it helps us spot trends and such.

For everyone who's concerned about the lack of movement on the planets, one major reason may be the Sith knights using their powers to kill instead of missioning on planets. Your mileage may vary, but I think there's some sense to it.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Just noticed something...this could be because I'm not the village planner and don't know the details of every night, but aren't the padawans assumed to support their master?
    Knight Vitju Mavis was found dead while in his meditation chambers and Knight Harry S. Plinkett was found dead on Fondor, he didn't have enough support to survive the onslaught sent his way."

This implies that INANTP's padawan (looking up the list - Malkor) didn't support him last night, which got him killed for it.

This is...disturbing.

Padawans can do other things. Perhaps that's what happened?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    @Malkor do you want to weigh in on this?

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    oh snap

I trained last night, because my master's last words were basically 'do what you think is right'

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So if I am reading the planetary control numbers right we saw a positive shift by 3 points on one planet, a negative swing 3 points on another, and everything else was unchanged? Disappointing.

Also, do not blanketly assume all padawans are supporting their masters every night, some masters tell their padawans "Do what you want."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    I doubt I will get an answer but...
    What does cloudy mean?

Yeah

CD

Gaslight wrote: »
    So if I am reading the planetary control numbers right we saw a positive shift by 3 points on one planet, a negative swing 3 points on another, and everything else was unchanged? Disappointing.

Also, do not blanketly assume all padawans are supporting their masters every night, some masters tell their padawans "Do what you want."

Very true. Speaking of support, I still need an action for you from last night Gaslight

Malkor wrote: »
    oh snap

I trained last night, because my master's last words were basically 'do what you think is right'

It wasnt an attack Malkor, just thought you would want to tell everyone what you did before it got blown up into a big thing.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    So it's too early in the morning to start a bandwagon. Even if it wasn't, I'd really like some more opinions!

To start off with, there are three knights who have consistently not turned in actions to the group and are having trouble getting a read on. There's a strong likelihood that one of them is a Sith. They are:

Sportzboytjw (formerly The Anonymous)
    Pablo_Price
    Mascara308

Take a look back at their voting habits, their posts and any missions they've talked about running. Put what you find up in the thread and lets get talking about them!

uh, I reported my day 1 actions to akimbo/jdark the first opportunity I got & posted my day 2/3 activities immediately after vote close.
    I admittedly wasn't very active on day 2 as I was having a shitty day irl.

and yes, I meditated on infidel on day 1 and got a 'things are clouded, but he reads as jedi' response

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Just realized I left out a role in the narration and final results. Original quote, followed by the updated text listed below.
    Master Ilin Draconis continued "We finally have some information on the Sith in our ranks. While Knight corvus corax said nothing before being put away, Knight Vii'let started calling himself Saber Evileight, and spouted the fear of the dark side and killing a knight before the machines began the stasis process."

Master Ilin Draconis continued "We finally have some information on the Sith in our ranks. While Knight corvus corax said nothing before being put away, Knight Vii'let started calling himself Saber Evileight, Hand of the Emperor and spouted something about the fear of the dark side, the Emperor's Will, and killing a knight before the machines began the stasis process."

Infidel, Saber Evileight - Put in stasis by the Council

Infidel, Saber Evileight, A Hand of the Emperor - Put in stasis by the Council

ObiFett on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Just realized I left out a role in the narration and final results. Original quote, followed by the updated text listed below.
    Master Ilin Draconis continued "We finally have some information on the Sith in our ranks. While Knight corvus corax said nothing before being put away, Knight Vii'let started calling himself Saber Evileight, and spouted the fear of the dark side and killing a knight before the machines began the stasis process."

Master Ilin Draconis continued "We finally have some information on the Sith in our ranks. While Knight corvus corax said nothing before being put away, Knight Vii'let started calling himself Saber Evileight, Hand of the Emperor and spouted something about the fear of the dark side, the Emperor's Will, and killing a knight before the machines began the stasis process."

Infidel, Saber Evileight - Put in stasis by the Council

Infidel, Saber Evileight, A Hand of the Emperor - Put in stasis by the Council

Well, I guess that sounds more important.

Whoo?

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm guessing the clouded thing is the host's way of telling you the seer can be fooled in general. Would defeat the purpose of seer blocking abilities if all they did was cause that.

Edit: And I supported JABMonkey while he still got the clouded result.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Oh, nice. The Hand was a Sith vig. May still exist as another Sith player though, since it's "A" Hand of the Emperor and not "The" Hand.

I'm guessing the clouded thing is the host's way of telling you the seer can be fooled in general. Would defeat the purpose of seer blocking abilities if all they did was cause that.

Yeah, unless anyone got a result that was NOT clouded, you're probably right.

Steam profile
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

This is why I want to know if anyone meditated on someone who died green.

steam_sig.png

This is why I want to know if anyone meditated on someone who died green.

I meditate on someone who died green. I can confirm that I also received the "cloudy but Jedi" report.

So we are assuming that the seering is a percentage chance of getting the right result and a slightly higher percentage with padawan support

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Succession Info Dump incoming:

Now this is a story all about how Knight Dave_Fella became Councilor Dave_Fella. Maybe it will become useful later, maybe its nothing at all. But hey, you got a right to know!

The Council uses a modified Borda Count to elect successors. The councilors have made lists public to each other of 5 knights, ranked 1-5. If a knight isn't on the list, he is considered a "6" for counting. Low score wins. So if a knight is on 0 succession lists, then they have a score of 60.

The 8th
    As of the morning of the 7th, Succession looked like this:
    INANTP was first in with a score of 36
    Then there was a varying assortment of knights
    Dave_Fella clocked in at a whopping 54

Matev updates his succession list that day to remove dead knights. Dave_Fella shows up on his list for the first time, at #5.

The 9th
    KetBra updates his list because he has a Padawan on it (at #2 no less). Instead of moving up his 3-5 knights on the list, he updates his list to have Dave_Fella move in at #2. Dave_Fella wasn't on the list at all before that.
    Warban updates his list as an exact copy of KetBra's (not uncommon for Warban to use a copied list).

After those updated lists, succession had changed to:
    INANTP was still first with 40
    Dave moves way up, squeaking into the #2 spot with 45
    There is a tie for third place at 46.

Later that night, 1 Councilor dies to a Purple Source, and the first in line to succession dies to a Red Source.

Like I said, maybe its nothing. Maybe its something. I don't know. But I observed it, and thought it should be public knowledge. Also, I'm not great at math, but I think it's correct.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular

I think it might be more specific than that. What if we have to meditate 2x for a "true" seering? Otherwise, we'd all just seer the next person down the list etc etc.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    I´m guessing anything supported by a padawan is for sure correct I cant imagine we would need to double seer everyone but maybe with so many potential seers that makes a bit more sense. Does someone wanna check my target from last night to see if the result stays the same?

steam_sig.png
    Succession Info Dump incoming:

Now this is a story all about how Knight Dave_Fella became Councilor Dave_Fella. Maybe it will become useful later, maybe its nothing at all. But hey, you got a right to know!

The Council uses a modified Borda Count to elect successors. The councilors have made lists public to each other of 5 knights, ranked 1-5. If a knight isn't on the list, he is considered a "6" for counting. Low score wins. So if a knight is on 0 succession lists, then they have a score of 60.

The 8th
    As of the morning of the 7th, Succession looked like this:
    INANTP was first in with a score of 36
    Then there was a varying assortment of knights
    Dave_Fella clocked in at a whopping 54

Matev updates his succession list that day to remove dead knights. Dave_Fella shows up on his list for the first time, at #5.

The 9th
    KetBra updates his list because he has a Padawan on it (at #2 no less). Instead of moving up his 3-5 knights on the list, he updates his list to have Dave_Fella move in at #2. Dave_Fella wasn't on the list at all before that.
    Warban updates his list as an exact copy of KetBra's (not uncommon for Warban to use a copied list).

After those updated lists, succession had changed to:
    INANTP was still first with 40
    Dave moves way up, squeaking into the #2 spot with 45
    There is a tie for third place at 46.

Later that night, 1 Councilor dies to a Purple Source, and the first in line to succession dies to a Red Source.

Like I said, maybe its nothing. Maybe its something. I don't know. But I observed it, and thought it should be public knowledge. Also, I'm not great at math, but I think it's correct.

This looks REALLY bad. A guy who's barely posted and yesterday was one of the prime candidates jumps onto the council out if nowhere like that?

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    We can't vote the council though right?

We respect their authority too much!

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
    haha.

awesome

Can the Sith Meditate? Because I got Meditation results when I Supported That Dave Fella

Steam profile
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    We can't vote the council though right?

We respect their authority too much!

And you'll like it!

Of course, there is one jedi who is outside the council's authority...

Can the Sith Meditate? Because I got Meditation results when I Supported That Dave Fella

Not as far as I know. Despite his... odd ascension, the network has moved away from That Dave Fella as a Sith suspect for now. Our current theory is that the Sith realized he was close to ascending to the council and was under a cloud of suspicion. Thus, clearing the way for him to come aboard would cast further cloud on him. If he was inactive as his posts indicated, he could also pose less of a problem when the Sith on the council needed to save someone.

It would be kind of silly if we could out every Sith Knight by just asking everyone to meditate/support every day, so I'm going to lean towards "yes."

Or maybe, "Future hazy, Try again later."

Capfalcon wrote: »

It would be kind of silly if we could out every Sith Knight by just asking everyone to meditate/support every day, so I'm going to lean towards "yes."

Not necessarily. Any Sith padawan would also be able to lie and say that they didn't get a message. And there would inevitably be the people who say "Fight the power! I'm doing my own thing." Even if we tried it, sorting through everything would be difficult.

Capfalcon wrote: »

Not necessarily. Any Sith padawan would also be able to lie and say that they didn't get a message. And there would inevitably be the people who say "Fight the power! I'm doing my own thing." Even if we tried it, sorting through everything would be difficult.

See: Day 1. :P

Not as far as I know. Despite his... odd ascension, the network has moved away from That Dave Fella as a Sith suspect for now. Our current theory is that the Sith realized he was close to ascending to the council and was under a cloud of suspicion. Thus, clearing the way for him to come aboard would cast further cloud on him.

So you are basically acknowledging that Sith on the council played as large role in bringing about his ascension even if he his not Sith himself, which is basically pointing the finger at Matev, KetBra and Warban.

I hope the council has some means of policing itself...

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular

I'm afraid hope is the first step towards disappointment.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686

So you are basically acknowledging that Sith on the council played as large role in bringing about his ascension even if he his not Sith himself, which is basically pointing the finger at Matev, KetBra and Warban.

The network is keeping a strong eye on the council. Particularly those members with some... irregularities in their actions.

I'm afraid hope is the first step towards disappointment.

Yet it spring eternal :) Speaking of hope, I've been hoping for a list of council voting record for a while. Can you tell us who voted for Shalmelo and Infidel the last few days? And if any other candidates were introduced?

The network is keeping a strong eye on the council. Particularly those members with some... irregularities in their actions.

When my age you reach, move well your bowels will not.