As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    How evil is warban looking?

I want to test a theory.

A theory that involves him being dead.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    If you have any evidence, we are happy to hear it.

• Options
    I think the seerings are bullshit

I think the mafia knows it.

I think warban prompted people to try to seer day one while the mafia bumrushed the planets while the rest of the players were doing something completely useless.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Why would there be a completely useless power though? Also, I feel like the jedi vig is supposed to be the checkmate to our council's kings and queens. (I don't know how to play chess)(It is one of them right?)

• Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    I think the seerings are bullshit

I think the mafia knows it.

I think warban prompted people to try to seer day one while the mafia bumrushed the planets while the rest of the players were doing something completely useless.

Agreed on points 1 and 2. In fact, we have reason to believe the Sith are using the fact that readings come back incorrectly to lift suspicion from some of their members.

As to number 3, lots of people wanted mass seerings day 1, myself included. Advocating a bad strategy doesn't make you Sith, it just means your phalla needs imporvement

:oops:

• Options
    How could a normal mafia game where 40% of the players have a daily seer not be broken if those seers worked properly?

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    How could a normal mafia game where 40% of the players have a daily seer not be broken if those seers worked properly?

By requiring 2 seerings. By requiring that my padawan support my efforts. By having thralls in small amounts. I question the wisdom of this Jedi, and conclude that you are so unwise that you might.
    just.
    be.
    Si... lly.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    That was an interesting info dump!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    The implications being that there's multiple Sith in a 10 person group who could manipulate it so I got elected. That would be kinda broken but possible I guess.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    SLyM, I really think it's a conditional power. Either their meditation target has to be doing something specific to be caught in the act, or perhaps it's a matter of the galactic control. If you go through each day's Galactic map, the Jedi have always had more force in the galaxy than the Sith. That is, just adding up pure numbers, not counting controlled planets vs uncontrolled. It might have something to do with that.

Let's take a look at what the Sith have to say about the Seerings:
    Infidel wrote: »
    Seems to me like the seering powers are useful only if they're not announced (like a Day 1 seer-jerk). Already stated, 40% seers = something is up. You are retarded to think otherwise, what, do you think the game is solved day 1? If everyone plays along then what is gained? Apparently not planets, since the Order is chilling in Coruscant meditating.

Seems much more likely that the seer power is something that needs to be done adhoc, as it has to catch something. If it returned alignment outright then the game would be broken.

An example is PHA/LLA: say most players have Sniffer (2/3 in the phalla version) and they decide Day 1 to assign targets to sniff. Well, you're not going to catch anyone running that Jacktrace (mafia kill ability) because they know what the hell is going on, when the schedule is, etc. They of course won't run it, and you accomplish little. The only way to catch a Jacktrace is to luck out on your suspicions and catch someone in the act.
    It's not that seers are useless, just that this kind of application is.

It is the exact equivalent of doing a secret shopper in all your stores, but you announce the date and time.

Holy shit all these stores are super clean and the employees are super professional!

A waste of money.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    Except the planet payouts aren't definite. If the Jedi take a planet, and the wrong Jedi gets the power, then it's just as bad as any surmised false postive.
    There is no such thing as "the wrong Jedi".
    When a planet is taken by the Jedi, a random Jedi-aligned Knight who helped take control of the planet that night will be given the planet's power to control. When a planet is taken by the Sith, the Sith Infiltrators as a whole will decide how to use its power.

Beat me to it.

As a host of somewhat complicated games, I am really annoyed when people tunnelvision when the host tries to reasonably lay things out for you.

An entire planet subgame provided by the host? Oh, I'm sure it is expected to just ignore that.

Everyone given a seer? I'm sure the host wants us to break the game right away! What could go wrong (IGNORE HOST CLARIFICATIONS IGNORE)

I am pretty sure if this was my game I'd be /facepalming already.

From those posts I took away one thing: the Sith did not like the plan on Day 1 of an organized mass-Seering. Infidel seemed to be constantly pushing for the Jedi/council to concentrate on the galactic map.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Yeah that just seems like infidel acting like infidel, unless we get another sith and they were doing the same thing, im not sure we should read too much into it.

edit: this is a bit of a stretch but another possible explanation for some of the wild numbers and infidels pushing for planetary control is what if one of the sith powers is to convert the jedi influence on a planet to sith influence. Might explain the nal hutta disaster...

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah that just seems like infidel acting like infidel, unless we get another sith and they were doing the same thing, im not sure we should read too much into it.

edit: this is a bit of a stretch but another possible explanation for some of the wild numbers and infidels pushing for planetary control is what if one of the sith powers is to convert the jedi influence on a planet to sith influence. Might explain the nal hutta disaster...

Why not? I know I haven't been here long but Infidel seems to be someone that people trust around here. So he could have gotten everyone away from seering the shit out of everyone by saying "The results will be flawed."

I'm not going to call you a Sith but if we continue to play their game, we're going to lose. We need to do what should have been done on Day 1.

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKyu0NlnnWQ
    I feel like this right now.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If Infidel hadn't come to that conclusion which is incredibly obvious to anyone who actually understands phalla game balance and had instead advocated for a full seer I'd have been calling for his head day 1.

Read the fucking clarifications people.
    ObiFett wrote:
    Thralls, millers, conversions?
    By the exact definition of Thralls and Millers, no.
    Conversions are extremely limited.

No, there are not a "small amount of thralls" there are zero roles that are thralls.

Yes, the Sith have some sort of way to counteract meditate, it's right there in the freaking clarification!

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular

Why not? I know I haven't been here long but Infidel seems to be someone that people trust around here. So he could have gotten everyone away from seering the shit out of everyone by saying "The results will be flawed."

I'm not going to call you a Sith but if we continue to play their game, we're going to lose. We need to do what should have been done on Day 1.
    If Infidel hadn't come to that conclusion which is incredibly obvious to anyone who actually understands phalla game balance and had instead advocated for a full seer I'd have been calling for his head day 1.

This is why we shoudnt read too much into it because someone like infidel knows better and it would have been a dead giveaway for him to say anything else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

ObiFett wrote:

No, there are not a "small amount of thralls" there are zero roles that are thralls.

Yes, the Sith have some sort of way to counteract meditate, it's right there in the freaking clarification!

Who said anything about thralls? I agree that there is something at play here that is clouding meditation. But I disagree that it's as simple as the Sith being able to block it. What's the point of meditation, then? I don't think we're giving enough credit to Obifett, here, with how he integrated the sub-game of galactic control. I think planetary control/force plays a much larger factor than we're considering.

Edit: And to be clear, I'm not advocating that we go with the plan from Day 1. We don't want to give up any more planets.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    MESSAGE INCOMING
    b43212l31k51bj35basa90fanl93nlknl3h39hlnfalsas231o0192!@$!(@h12-0=b1240124
    Decyrpting

To all Members of the Order, there was a mistake last night in the Council induction. Knight Thafel Fartmaster was incorrectly brought into the chamber to become a member of the Council. A bug was discovered in our voting system. We appreciate Fartmaster's service, so he will stay on as a aide to the Council but will resume his Knight duties as needed.

Knight Hammer Wilga is now officially a member of the Jedi Council.

May the Force be with you.

END TRANSMISSION
    SaberOverEasy is now a Council Member
    ThatDaveFella is a Knight.

These are the only changes.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Figgy wrote: »
    Who said anything about thralls?

Sportz
    I agree that there is something at play here that is clouding meditation. But I disagree that it's as simple as the Sith being able to block it. What's the point of meditation, then? I don't think we're giving enough credit to Obifett, here, with how he integrated the sub-game of galactic control. I think planetary control/force plays a much larger factor than we're considering.

Blocking meditation probably means they can't do something else. We only got mention of the planet busdriver on the day when the council decided to have everyone take planets, for instance.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options

ObiFett wrote:

Who said anything about thralls? I agree that there is something at play here that is clouding meditation. But I disagree that it's as simple as the Sith being able to block it. What's the point of meditation, then? I don't think we're giving enough credit to Obifett, here, with how he integrated the sub-game of galactic control. I think planetary control/force plays a much larger factor than we're considering.

For what it's worth, here's my current thinking on meditate:

Sith knights have two possible abilities to choose from everynight - go on a mission to a planet or a special (like killing, busdriving or converting). When we meditate on a Sith, we only see them as Sith if they are using their special. If they've chosen to go on a mission that night, they will turn up as Jedi. That allows Sith to plan who is and isn't vulnerable to seering, while also allowing meditate to work well if you are suspicious and get a little lucky. I don't think it is a coincidence that the night the sith turn up the kill count is also the night they slow down taking planets.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    MESSAGE INCOMING
    b43212l31k51bj35basa90fanl93nlknl3h39hlnfalsas231o0192!@$!(@h12-0=b1240124
    Decyrpting

To all Members of the Order, there was a mistake last night in the Council induction. Knight Thafel Fartmaster was incorrectly brought into the chamber to become a member of the Council. A bug was discovered in our voting system. We appreciate Fartmaster's service, so he will stay on as a aide to the Council but will resume his Knight duties as needed.

Knight Hammer Wilga is now officially a member of the Jedi Council.

May the Force be with you.

END TRANSMISSION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHRmQohwc_w

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    ...? :/

• Options
    Is this one of the things we as a group should cheer for or shudder from?

I have prepared two separate resopnses.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Choose only one pls.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    That doesn't make me feel good about our new Master.

• Options
    I'm back to the front lines!

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    I sense a great disturbance.

As if a thousand alien lifeforms were seeking to rip out of their prison.

I must travel to...

the bathroom

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Malkor wrote: »
    Is this one of the things we as a group should cheer for or shudder from?

I have prepared two separate resopnses.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Choose only one pls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

• Options
    Grunt's Ghost Appears to be as quiet as I've been to try and avoid attention!

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    I dunno about Grunt, since he is new I have no idea if that is just how he is playing or b/c he IS hiding. However Peccavi has managed to avoid to wagons to him so far and he is way to quiet...If any of you know better let me know but the past to wagons everyone has jumped on over him has been village. Again, this is just me thinking, which usually gets me into trouble, but the force here is telling me something. and that is Peccavi should go.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular

So kime remains a Knight, then?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    This fucking game.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »

yes

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Mascara308

• Options
    Vertroue, I appreciate you persistence and consistency in voting for Peccavi. I'm less appreciative of the fact that you're Sith and trying to kill me.

You've been very, very quiet in game. Your post count is around 16. That includes your two votes for peccavi without reason (and your third, for consistency). MrT also had a bad habit of being in places where the mission numbers didn't work out: the Bothawui Botch on night 1 and the Nal Hutta Nada on day 2. We know he's a jedi, becuase he's dead. Which suggests that the issue is his padawan. Also, let's take a look back at the 4 kills last night:

Jdarksun - had the spreadsheet, information that was leading to you getting killed
    Kias - killing council seems good, espeically if you can control the succession
    INANTP - was the consensus choice for next in line to the council
    And MrTLicious. At this point, there should still be sith padawans suffering under their Jedi master. As the Sith, if you have one more kill, this seems like a good place to use it.

It was a good thought. It just happened to backfire on you.

tl;dr vote Vertroue, vote with the village!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »

yes

Yippie!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    You were never a Jedi in my eyes [color]Padawan Vertroue[/color]. Nothing more than a jumped up amateur, plotting against the only good thing in her life.

So says Heywood Jabroni

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I am always cool with a vote vert. Er, Vert vote.

• Options
    oh nice tags retard. Vertroue

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    As the master commands, I must do.
    Vertroue

• Options
    Vertroue I choose you!!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Vertroue do you do evil?