As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomics Thread: Archime Appreciation Edition

19596979899101»

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    im ded

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    Squall wrote: »
    This brings up another trait of rage comics: profanity abounds. But the swearing and bodily functions aren’t for shock value, as in an episode of “South Park.” This is a reflection of how adults talk in the real world.

Mmm hmm.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm shaking my head in disbelief here.

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Adult Talk in the Real World: How Rage Comics Reflect Changing Verbal Tendencies in the Twenty-First Century

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    im gay

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    This brings up another trait of rage comics: profanity abounds. But the swearing and bodily functions aren’t for shock value, as in an episode of “South Park.” This is a reflection of how adults talk in the real world.

innit

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    There's something wonderful and terrifying when the rest of the world tries to analyze things on the internet.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    if someone was talking like the dialog in a rage comic i would slap the shit out of them.

literally slap them until poop came out.

of their face.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    if someone was talking like the dialog in a rage comic i would slap the shit out of them.

literally slap them until poop came out.

of their face.

And that would still be too good for them.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Got it.
    Long story short, I’m getting my chicken soup on, it’s Sunday afternoon, and Gabe’s reading some Preacher in the Den, which is also the living room, the bathroom, and the foyer. I am interacting with pasta dough in what I think is a stern way, when I hear him say that he might like the soup better if it were, in fact, carrot cake. It hits us, hits us both, simultaneously, like a semi made out of lightning which is also a professional boxer. Carrot Cake Soup. You cube the carrot cake, some pieces have frosting and some don’t, and you put a handful of these chunks into a bowl full of milk. So let’s go do it. We’ll do it later this week, he says. But I know that’s the same as not doing it. Why not now, I say? I know a store where we can get all the stuff. You can just buy it, the way you can buy stuff in the household cleaners section and make a bomb big enough to kill God. The stuff is just lying around there and nobody’s doing anything with it. It’s not a crime to buy them separately, and what we do at home isn’t any of their fucking business.

I think someone might have been following us as we pulled into the parking lot, we walked toward the grocery store and tried to keep the conversation natural. We certainly didn’t discuss carrot cake or the soup one might make by cutting it into cubes and swimming islands of it in cold milk, pleasure islands, like you’d see in a magazine. At the bakery counter, a woman asks if she can help me, and I’m so nervous that as I’m pointing to the carrot cake behind the glass, my finger starts to tap in Morse Code that reads:

I AM ABOUT TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST GOD AND MAN STOP

And where is Gabe with that Goddamn milk? There he is, in the self-checkout. Idiot. There’s cameras all over that thing, it’s like a Goddamn surveillance tree. It doesn’t take a genius to put two and two together. A red light flashes on, and off in my mind. At another checkstand, I pay with untraceable cash, assuring the woman that I will eat the cake by myself, without assistance from cows. I smirk. This woman has no idea that she’s just sold me the trigger to a flavor gun. Carrot Cake Soup is like the taste of watching girls make out. It has an extraordinary power that oscillates between gentle and overwhelming, between light and dark, between pleasure and more pleasure. When it was over, I realized that I was panting. I was in possession of carnal knowledge. And I knew that, somehow, every taste beyond this point was in the service of the one that still lingered, waited, to remind me that nature has laws, and those that break them are criminals, and though they roam free enough the knowing will hold them, and keep them, until the last.

(CW)TB out.

God, it's so good. SO GOOD.

Sometimes Tycho lets his logorrhea get away from him, but it all comes together in that one. I think it might be the straight-up funniest thing he's ever written, honestly.
    Carrot Cake Soup is like the taste of watching girls make out.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

i know i preface every noun with "le" when i talk irl

• Options
    please make the next webcomics thread rageface themed tia

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular

I don't even use nouns any more, just hold up a picture of something, point at it, and say "this" over and over again.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    please make the next webcomics thread rageface themed tia

let's not and say we didn't.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    toothy.jpg

Spend the rest of the day trying not to think about sex.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

I don't even use nouns any more, just hold up a picture of something, point at it, and say "this" over and over again.
    63GXn.png

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Why are they in bed toegethr?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    mmmmyeah ragemics

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Why are they in bed toegethr?

SG7WU.png

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    what

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    what

Shaq-Steel.jpg

reposig.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Not exactly a webcomic but I think it will fit.

tumblr_m3qbjjr42b1qd80v3o1_250.jpgtumblr_m3qbjjr42b1qd80v3o2_250.jpg

http://lexxercise.tumblr.com/

Lexxy's Diablo 3 monk is so goddamn pretty.

tumblr_m3a6cyYdYl1qd80v3o1_1280.jpg

I guess you can also vote for it in the Diablo art contest Blizzard is doing.

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular

A lot of east coast canadians do

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    2009-03-01.gif

LICD comics.

• Options
    priceless

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Campion wrote: »

Define a lot. Cause I've been one of those for the duration of my life and never heard anyone do that, ever.

Well maybe I have and the part of my brain that remembered it caught fire, that seems plausible.

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Campion wrote: »

Define a lot. Cause I've been one of those for the duration of my life and never heard anyone do that, ever.

Well maybe I have and the part of my brain that remembered it caught fire, that seems plausible.

he probably means quebec

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Gross

• Options
    VBT7J.gif

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    VBT7J.gif

holy shit

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    hahahahah what the fuck

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    the perfect ending to the thread

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

is shaq having a seizure here

or is there a big ol horsefly

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    PKIy7.gif

is shaq having a seizure here

or is there a big ol horsefly

I just love that it's a big ol' Monty-Python finger.

• Options
    dude there was a reason i linked that very over 500kb gif

EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.