As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Vertroue

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    village head says vertroue, so Vertroue it is.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Vertrou.

Dunno if I'll be around later. Wife has socially obligated us tonight.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Sounds hot. Vertroue

PSN SeGaTai
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Looking back at jdarks spreadsheet results and who is left that went on the first night disaster to nal hutta and farangu saber and blarney are the only three left standing. Assuming sabers own logic of a sith padawan being freed from the shackles of his master I have to question why we are sheeping after an unconfirmed(or did i miss something?) mouthpiece who has more evidence against him than the person he is saying we should vote for.

steam_sig.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    vertroue works for me. Lotta inactive folk is making this difficult.

Get your poast on people.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Looking back at jdarks spreadsheet results and who is left that went on the first night disaster to nal hutta and farangu [color] saber [/color] and blarney are the only three left standing. Assuming sabers own logic of a sith padawan being freed from the shackles of his master I have to question why we are sheeping after an unconfirmed(or did i miss something?) mouthpiece who has more evidence against him than the person he is saying we should vote for.
    well hes in the council so you cant vote for him.

As far as being sith, well thats debateable I guess.

Bedlam on
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    We spent the first few days rebelling against the Council's wisdom and look where that got us. What we need right now is some nice old-fashioned sheeping.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    farangu because I cant actually vote saber but I wanted to make a point anyways

steam_sig.png
  • Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    vertroue has been a bit quieter than expected.

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    @saberovereasy

Have you released the updated jdark spreadsheet to the thread? One of the best things about it is that it was open for everyone to analyse.
    No one else has the information that you have.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    @saberovereasy

Have you released the updated jdark spreadsheet to the thread? One of the best things about it is that it was open for everyone to analyse.

@Shiny New Toys

I haven't. I don't have any access to edit jdarksun's spreadsheet itself. I'm also running Ubuntu and my spreadsheets don't always play well with others.

If you're up for it, I'm happy to give you the information so we can get this out to everyone. Day 3 is fairly boring (most of you meditated) but I agree it is useful.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    That is a lot of people in q row voting for vertroue. Not sure how I feel about that.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    @saberovereasy

@Shiny New Toys

I haven't. I don't have any access to edit jdarksun's spreadsheet itself. I'm also running Ubuntu and my spreadsheets don't always play well with others.

If you're up for it, I'm happy to give you the information so we can get this out to everyone. Day 3 is fairly boring (most of you meditated) but I agree it is useful.

To tag a person with spaces in their name, you need to wrap the whole thing in quotes.

@Shiny New Toys

anyone remember what page Jdark's spreadsheet was on?

anyone remember what page Jdark's spreadsheet was on?

It was a google doc. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuAqXx0cZoyfdDd0SnlGa2R3Ykxzd01ZNXU3a05Lb3c#gid=1

Looking back at jdarks spreadsheet results and who is left that went on the first night disaster to nal hutta and farangu saber and blarney are the only three left standing. Assuming sabers own logic of a sith padawan being freed from the shackles of his master I have to question why we are sheeping after an unconfirmed(or did i miss something?) mouthpiece who has more evidence against him than the person he is saying we should vote for.

I realize this may be odd, but my first reaction to this was being really happy that other people are looking at the spreadsheet and drawing conclusions.

Also as Saber is now on the council this is an invalid vote.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    My conclusion is in RawkkingGoodGuy based on nothing but gut feeling.

All Hail Saber, our new overlord?

To Shiny New Toys, he already changed his vote to farangu, I think.

• l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Well the correction to the narrative is an interesting turn of events!

@saber, start PM-ing me the info, I have downloaded google docs. I'll get it filled in and posted on here as soon as i can.

edited May 2012
    I mean @saberovereast see above

argh, I fail at spelling. Sorry for spamming the thread.

Shiny New Toys on
    Retaba wrote: »

All Hail Saber, our new overlord?

Free cookies?

I'm not getting too comfortable. I'm fairly sure the Sab-ocracy is going to be short lived.

@saber, start PM-ing me the info, I have downloaded google docs. I'll get it filled in and posted on here as soon as i can.

You should have it all now. Let me know if there's anything else I can get you.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    That is a lot of people in q row voting for vertroue. Not sure how I feel about that.

It's weird to hear you say that when this bandwagon is a result of Saber trying to defend you.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Not a fan of big wagons, so I'll go with the ever suspicious Schuss

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Well the correction to the narrative is an interesting turn of events!

Nothing but a math error. Not as interesting as you think!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »

It's weird to hear you say that when this bandwagon is a result of Saber trying to defend you.

Something being in my favor does not preclude me from being suspicious of it. Gift horses and all that. Need to look in its mouth to make sure it's not full of trojans.

Something being in my favor does not preclude me from being suspicious of it. Gift horses and all that. Need to look in its mouth to make sure it's not full of trojans.

Oh hush you two. You're BOTH my favorites.

I realize I've been a little less than forthcoming with how I'm doing these calculations. I've spoilered all of my current assumptions about how the Sith work and what I've been doing to model it. This should be useful to anyone else trying to results out of the mission spreadsheet. It goes without saying that by opening this spoiler you are verifying that you are an adult Jedi over the age of 17 and are legal able to view discourses on our current phalla design in your area.
    I'm fairly sure I made an incorrect assumption in how Sith missions worked when going through everything yesterday. I thought that Sith knights were worth 1, their jedi padawans were worth 1 and sith padawans could only stop their Jedi masters. The sith also have a +12 ability they can use, but I'm guessing they can't use it AND their unblockable kill in the same night. I kept running into issues with the numbers not working with master's doing lead, so I attributed that to roleblocks.

When we got the results from narration last night, I realized something wasn't right. The master's weren't working out and the planets from day 2 and 3 still didn't make a ton of sense. So I changed the numbers. Instead of giving the sith a ton of roleblock, I assumed that most of the masters' actions went through. That lead to wierd results until I gave the sith knights a +2 mission and allowed them to be supported by both their jedi and sith padawan. Finally, I still assumed that sith padawans could block their master's mission points.

I ran Day 1 and 2 with this, and found some names that kept popping up when I needed a Jedi knight to not be at a planet or a Sith apprentice to blank people out. I took a look at the vote counts, posts and such and several of them made sense. I ran through it again a few times, and some people made less sense and other people popped out. After going through it about five time, the game made sense, and there were certainly people that no matter what I did had a high Sith probability. Farangu is one of them, and those are the names I've been giving out to kill.

If you want to try plotting out day 1 yourself, here's what I suggest: get a piece a of paper and draw 6 circles on it (one for each planet). Next to each one mark down how much it changed (Since Hoth went from 0 to 2, it's a +2). Then get a bunch of counters (i used loose change, but anything like that will work). You want 16 Jedi knights, 16 Jedi padawans, 4 Sith Knight and 4 Jedi Padawans. Put down the counters based on what people have said. You'll notice it won't work, because you'll run out (since the Sith are lying). So start moving them around to find a configuration when the numbers on the planets match the counters. Once you do that, look at the names and try to match each of your counters to someone. Use things like "did their padawan support them" and "have they died and been confirmed." Then see what you get! Once you've got suspicious names, look back to the thread and see if they've been behaving weirdly or not.

So yeah, that's why it's been difficult to be sure. But I'm getting there and every day I have confirmed kills makes it easier to put names with markers. That may have also been more than you wanted to know about how I've been doing it, but I think it's important to have it down so you can do it tomorrow after the Sith kill me.

Okay there are a lot of gaps
    Hoping I have tagged everyone correctly.
    "@mr. mojo risin"
    @nirya
    @farangu
    "@rawkking goodguy"
    @mascara305
    @vertroue
    "@that dave fella"
    @schuss
    @figgy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHcgrMkqDPudGxyRjhWb2trRmJIR2lnMVhRSmRRQmc

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Quotation marks go in the name :)

They should be alerted now, I fixed it

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Saber knows what I've been doing - I would definitely ask him about that.

Also Vertroue

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    I realize I've been a little less than forthcoming with how I'm doing these calculations. I've spoilered all of my current assumptions about how the Sith work and what I've been doing to model it. This should be useful to anyone else trying to results out of the mission spreadsheet. It goes without saying that by opening this spoiler you are verifying that you are an adult Jedi over the age of 17 and are legal able to view discourses on our current phalla design in your area.
    I'm fairly sure I made an incorrect assumption in how Sith missions worked when going through everything yesterday. I thought that Sith knights were worth 1, their jedi padawans were worth 1 and sith padawans could only stop their Jedi masters. The sith also have a +12 ability they can use, but I'm guessing they can't use it AND their unblockable kill in the same night. I kept running into issues with the numbers not working with master's doing lead, so I attributed that to roleblocks.

When we got the results from narration last night, I realized something wasn't right. The master's weren't working out and the planets from day 2 and 3 still didn't make a ton of sense. So I changed the numbers. Instead of giving the sith a ton of roleblock, I assumed that most of the masters' actions went through. That lead to wierd results until I gave the sith knights a +2 mission and allowed them to be supported by both their jedi and sith padawan. Finally, I still assumed that sith padawans could block their master's mission points.

I ran Day 1 and 2 with this, and found some names that kept popping up when I needed a Jedi knight to not be at a planet or a Sith apprentice to blank people out. I took a look at the vote counts, posts and such and several of them made sense. I ran through it again a few times, and some people made less sense and other people popped out. After going through it about five time, the game made sense, and there were certainly people that no matter what I did had a high Sith probability. Farangu is one of them, and those are the names I've been giving out to kill.

If you want to try plotting out day 1 yourself, here's what I suggest: get a piece a of paper and draw 6 circles on it (one for each planet). Next to each one mark down how much it changed (Since Hoth went from 0 to 2, it's a +2). Then get a bunch of counters (i used loose change, but anything like that will work). You want 16 Jedi knights, 16 Jedi padawans, 4 Sith Knight and 4 Jedi Padawans. Put down the counters based on what people have said. You'll notice it won't work, because you'll run out (since the Sith are lying). So start moving them around to find a configuration when the numbers on the planets match the counters. Once you do that, look at the names and try to match each of your counters to someone. Use things like "did their padawan support them" and "have they died and been confirmed." Then see what you get! Once you've got suspicious names, look back to the thread and see if they've been behaving weirdly or not.

So yeah, that's why it's been difficult to be sure. But I'm getting there and every day I have confirmed kills makes it easier to put names with markers. That may have also been more than you wanted to know about how I've been doing it, but I think it's important to have it down so you can do it tomorrow after the Sith kill me.

One last little note on modelling from the mission sheet. Once again spoilered for those that don't care:
    When you're working with your counters, you also want to be aware of how many AREN'T on a planet. Jedi Knights do things like meditate that won't show up in the mission record. That's fine, but you want to make sure the number of knight staying home matches the sheet as well. If it doesn't, it's an indication that one of those knights is probably lying about where they spent their night. Since there's no reason for Jedi to lie, if you can figure out who it is, they are probably Sith. At the very least, it will usually give you a list of names and let you figure out how many of them (1 out of 4, 2 out of 5) are lying Sith and how many are sitting Jedi. Ultimately, you can think of meditation as a separate bucket. Just like your planets, you want the reports to match the available people.

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    What the fuck? what did I do?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    @shiny new toys
    I trained night one supported akimbo night 2 and meditated last night which I stated earlier several times

steam_sig.png
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    You guys realizes that this is normal for me? Saber, you have never played with me EVER so do not trying and play the low post count, there are a few others with lower. At least for today I am quiet because I was sleeping I woke up to go to the bathroom and check this shit. I have done everything my master told me to?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular

Trojan! -10 sync.

I figured JAB would let you all in on what I did (support JABmonkey). Though it's probably important that I PM you as well in retrospect, less I fall into complacency and realize at the end of the day that JABmonkey's been lying outright about my actions and I'm about to get murdered.

Isn't that right, Retaba :P

Hey all, I'm heading out in a few and won't be back til after vote close. If Shiny New Toys is still looking for your info, please toss it his way.

There's still room aboard the vertroue wagon for everyone, though I strongly encourage you to check out the original post as to why I think she's Sith.

And should be getting a new spreadsheet to chow down on. Good luck!

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Okay there are a lot of gaps
    Hoping I have tagged everyone correctly.
    "mr. mojo risin"
    nirya
    farangu
    "rawkking goodguy"
    mascara305
    vertroue
    "that dave fella"
    schuss
    figgy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHcgrMkqDPudGxyRjhWb2trRmJIR2lnMVhRSmRRQmc

Last night - didn't do anything.

Tonight - I will be supporting my master whatever he may be doing.