As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Firefall] Borderlands, Halo, Tribes, and Starship Troopers Had a Baby

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Louie wrote: »
    @sevorak pm me your email dude.

I also have 1 other invite, first post after mine to ask for it will get. Don't just pm me as i don't want to get a number of requests.

Yes please!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Sorry Kime, @inkyblots beat you to it.

If sevorak has already got one i will let

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Than you louie, you're a swell guy :)

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ok finally got it to install and I'm enjoying it quite a bit even though I really have no idea what I'm doing other then jet-pack+shoot shit.

• Options
    Also I think I accidentally sold my Scanner Hammer template or something because I can't manufacture them.

Crap.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So I booted up the game today, thanks to a certain classy gentleperson. This is superfun. Very easy to just hop into and go.

Still working out what some of the abilities do and as it's an early beta, there's some issues, but it's definitely a solid product

• Options
    IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    I just got two more invites to send out, first two posts after this one gets them (I'd rather not my PM box get blown up). If someone has serially been screwed over in getting an invite, I'd prefer them get it.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    I'd be down for an invite if you've still got one

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    I'm interested in taking a look at this, send me an invite.

• Options
    Syrdon & Garthor please check your PM boxes. Huzzah!

• Options
    Just following up with Syrdon & Garthor - Beta invites have just been sent out, please check your email accounts that you sent me via PM. Enjoy the game! It's really been expanded since I've been in the Beta (since Dec. of last year), and each new content patch has been pretty awesome.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    IDDQD wrote: »
    It's really been expanded since I've been in the Beta (since Dec. of last year), and each new content patch has been pretty awesome.

Do they have anything in game yet past getting the Thumper?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    IDDQD wrote: »
    Just following up with Syrdon & Garthor - Beta invites have just been sent out, please check your email accounts that you sent me via PM. Enjoy the game! It's really been expanded since I've been in the Beta (since Dec. of last year), and each new content patch has been pretty awesome.
    Thanks!

As far as content past the thumper, there seem to several hubs, but I didn't catch any content for them.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Infinite spawning chosen who can shoot you from a million miles away can suck a dick.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Infinite spawning chosen who can shoot you from a million miles away can suck a dick.

Especially when they spawn in a rock.

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »

Especially when they spawn in a rock.

Oh my god yes.

Although I did find out you can usually kill those ones with sonic detonator things. Of course that takes forever and is super costly but at least it's possible.

Really found myself wishing my sniper rifle pentrated terrain as well as enemies.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You need a Widow X.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    You need a Widow X.

Oh my god what I'd give for a Widow in this game.

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Pfft. I find that sniping recons are already unsatisfying to play against.

Though maybe that's just because I'm not playing Recon and killing all of them.

Also, I still have an invite. Post!

• Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I post, begging for an invitation.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Pfft. I find that sniping recons are already unsatisfying to play against.

Though maybe that's just because I'm not playing Recon and killing all of them.

Also, I still have an invite. Post!

Yeah. Tried this game a bit, and the dynamics in pvp seem to be exactly the same as in Global Agenda: snipers, and tanks with pocket medics.

Garthor on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    Yeah. Tried this game a bit, and the dynamics in pvp seem to be exactly the same as in Global Agenda: snipers, and tanks with pocket medics.

Seems to be heading in a better direction, though, from responses I've seen to feedback. At least, they want to overhaul the engineer completely, make the jetpacks less identical to global agenda's more fun, and have dynamic thumping groups become a thing.

I hope this is just what Valve Time looks like when a developer invites people to see/openly test the work in progress.

• Options
    Thanks, Antithesis!

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    The first two people to post their favorite moment from any Tribes game get a beta invite.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Hey, so have they fixed the beta installer download corruption thing yet?

I kinda like to be able to play this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I did not know this was a mining and manufacturing simulator. I have to get along with people, juggle resources (including time) and when I am really poor I pick up trash to sell for scrap. Suspiciously like real life, except for the hordes of giant insects.

• Options
    Currently, the game is balanced such that it is far more profitable to just run Light Thumpers solo than to get a group. Alone, it's not too difficult to get them up to about 40%, though certain locations can screw things up. Aside from that not taking as long as going to 100%, you also aren't splitting it with anybody, which is the big thing.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Unless they changed it you don't split. Everyone gets a full load.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Well, my experience has been getting far more solo from a 40% thumping than in a group of 3-4 from a 100% thumping.

Garthor on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    And mine is getting five times as much from a full light thumper run in a group of five, than from one solo tiny thumper.

But I dunno, haven't played in a month.

Echo on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Unless they changed it you don't split. Everyone gets a full load.

Oh God, is it bad that reading your post in conjunction with your new avatar made my face look like this trying to hold in a snicker?
    74053a6dff3710915bda3c17f50320bd_view.jpg

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    I considered editing that right as I posted, but hey, this is PA. :P

• Options
    I dropped a Thumper and several people showed up to help me defend it (which is great!) Is there a quick way to invite someone to a squad? I can put my crosshair on him, but I don't want to read his nametag and type that in because there are bugs trying to kill us.

• Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    I'm looking for an invite too if anyone has a spare one. Been following this for awhile.

• Options
    Tilde -> mousewheel to "Social" -> LMB -> mousewheel to "Squad Invite" -> Click madly on the guy you want to invite.

Also "C" lets you cycle through your calldowns quickly.

Now I just need to find out how make the Engineer Turret shoot at what I want it to.

• Options
    Bamelin wrote: »
    I'm looking for an invite too if anyone has a spare one. Been following this for awhile.

Send me a PM with your email and I'll send one along. Now who else wants one, I have one left and the first to ask for it here gets it.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah you don't get rewarded for helping people with thumpers outside of groups which is pretty lame.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Hahaha, wow, a bunch of organized snipers just absolutely shut down any sort of pvp in this game. Apparently the mines even hit through walls.

Why do shooters keep on going with this absolutely butts-stupid formula of healers tanks snipers bunchofuselessshit? It's really not any fun.

Garthor on
  • Options
    Like, medic + tank beats anything else, because they mitigate / heal through more damage than you can dish out. The one counter to this is snipers, who can instantly kill the enemy players. And then snipers have no counter except other snipers, because they're SNIPERS dur hur. Then you have maps that are just Sniper Handjobs and oh look your game just devolved into nothing but snipers.

TF2 at least had the good sense to have maps that didn't have mile-long sightlines. Not so here.

I guess I'll try the game again when there's some interesting PvE content.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    First couple of days I played this were pretty good, but just got to play again after a couple of weeks off. What's the deal with the huge increase in the health/aggressiveness of enemies? Just a couple of weeks ago, a bit of thinking and good aim would get you a long way. But now? Everything does a bunch of damage and soaks up huge amounts of ammo. Can't hardly kill off a couple of standard Chosen with a single heavy machine gun magazine as a dreadnaught; pretty screwy to have those guys sitting there sucking up multiple seconds of constant fire while they lop off chunks of your health. That's with +15% capacity magazine, mind you. It shouldn't be easy to clear broken thumper event alone, but it should at least be doable; can't even get past more than 4-5 Chosen before all the damage they do puts me down.

I mean, it's a beta and an MMO, but I'd still like to be able to do a little bit on my own without having to dig up somebody to heal me all the time. Can't even really go exploring because random enemies whittle down my health too much, even when I'm trying to avoid everything.

EDIT: Yeah, a sniper class is one of the dumbest ways to ruin a good game. The way sniping works just doesn't fit with the vast majority of shooter combat; trying to shoehorn it in is dumb. Plus, it's almost always not fun for anybody but the sniper, especially since there's this idiotic draw to the sniper class. Most games would be better off with ditching the class entirely, simply because it's either too useless to actually help the team or just a pain in the ass to fight against.

Ninja Snarl P on