As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    Does 3rd strike have a training mode that let's you see your inputs?
    I don't recall off the top of my head though it does have the same input shortcuts as SF4 for the most part. Super Turbo won't let you get away with any tom foolery, so if you want to work on DPing from every position you can definitely give Super Turbo or ChaosHat's mom a call.

Also I think I don't like SFxT. I don't hate it, but unless I'm playing 2v2 I don't even want to touch it at all. But being a big neon colored bear probably helps its case a lot.

So it's possible to do c.lp into DP in Super Turbo? Because I can't get it to come out :P

I can't remember if jab is or not in ST. Believe it is though. If you're using ST rather than HDR be mindful dragon punches are far more finicky. Finicky as in dragon punches have random input windows (as in sometimes you have like 8 frames for a DP, sometimes 15, you never know, it's random) in arcade ST.

Easiest way to tell if a move is special cancel-able in game, rather than looking online, is two-in-one the move into a fireball. Just like you'd two-in-one a crouching forward or sweep into fireball try to jab into fireball.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I don't recall off the top of my head though it does have the same input shortcuts as SF4 for the most part. Super Turbo won't let you get away with any tom foolery, so if you want to work on DPing from every position you can definitely give Super Turbo or ChaosHat's mom a call.

Also I think I don't like SFxT. I don't hate it, but unless I'm playing 2v2 I don't even want to touch it at all. But being a big neon colored bear probably helps its case a lot.

So it's possible to do c.lp into DP in Super Turbo? Because I can't get it to come out :P

try c.lk xx shoryuken with Ken

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Yeah or do it like this:

f, d+lp, df+any punch

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Yeah or do it like this:

f, d+lp, df+any punch

That would seem to work, except when you have to link two crouching normals before cancelling into a DP.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Yeah or do it like this:

f, d+lp, df+any punch

That would seem to work, except when you have to link two crouching normals before cancelling into a DP.

You'd either have to be quick (and precise) with the first cr.lp, substitute a cr.lk, or just get rid of the link all-together.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Had some fun games yesterday, if anyone wants more sparring tonight let me know.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    Anyone want to hop in the training room with me, or just fight?

PA PS3 lobbies! Errybody get on!

Good games, Fett! Could you hear me at all? I don't know if I set up the blutooth thing right.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Again, sorry that I missed out on the fun.
    Had some friends come over and whatnot, otherwise would have been all over some games with you guys. Got back on after they left but you two had logged already. I got a mic recently as well, so there's that.

RoyallyFlushed on
    Again, sorry that I missed out on the fun.
    Had some friends come over and whatnot, otherwise would have been all over some games with you guys. Got back on after they left but you two had logged already. I got a mic recently as well, so there's that.

Maybe we can get some lobbies going tonight!

• MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I really dislike how Capcom split up the community with the PS3 timed exclusive BS. Everyone played fighters on 360 prior, pure and simple. Much easier to organize fights.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    edited April 2012
    I bought a PS3 as soon as they announced The Last of Us (well, soon after). I am happy with the switch so far.

AuburnTiger on
    I can't wait for the Expert Input gem, I just better not have to pay for it.

They announced all DLC gems are free. w00t!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Anyone up for some PS3 fighting?

These neon costumes popping up are giant eyesores.

Finally got to C rank tonight with the help of Slinky; I'd flail around for a while, building meter, then he'd come in and kick everyone's ass with Juri. :P

• FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    Congrats!

Good games the other day Auburn - to answer your question, I could hear your mic at first, but I had to turn sound down while we were playing.

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
    edited April 2012
    Looks like the patch is a day early?

Edit: No sound drops thus far!

AuburnTiger on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, any 360ers still playing this?

If so, add my tag! My King/Heihachi is pretty scrubby but im slowly improving.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I bought a PS3 as soon as they announced The Last of Us (well, soon after). I am happy with the switch so far.

Hi 5! I re-bought a PS3 for The Last of Us :D

I played a bunch of SFxT over the weekend. Skullgirls has apparently made me a better fighting game player guy, because I felt like I knew what I was doing. The only problem is that I got it from Gamefly for PS3 instead of 360, and I only have a fightpad for my 360. The PS3 controller doesn't seem to read my inputs all that well... even something as simple as a Hadoken doesn't fire off when it should =/

I may send it back and get it for Xbox.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    From Skullgirls thread:

If anyone wants/needs a TE, today is the last day to use this coupon to get one for $100.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/100-sale-promo-check-op-soulcalibur-v-arcade-fightstick-soul-edition-for-ps3-xbox-360.148132/

I'd do this but I already ordered the PC for Dual Modding my TE-S. Like a man.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Finally had some more serious time with this, grinded my way up to C+ in ranked (2500 bp). Dunno if I have the patience in me to go to B and beyond, since I'd have to literally double my points for that...

Pleasantly enough I actually seemed to find some variety in my opponents as well. Outside of the shotos, anyway. The small downside to this being there's some real troublemakers out there that I have little idea how to combat because of I haven't seen them often since playing this much again. Like I only fought one Rufus (!!!), and only a couple Rolento and Ravens, etc.

I'm really tempted to try to pick up someone else to replace Heihachi (since it feels like I can't pull as much weight with him as I should, not because he's all that bad or anything). But, no clue who that would be. I kind of long for the general tools SF characters have but I really want to have at least one Tekken character on my side, and Juri isn't getting replaced anytime soon. My execution's not great either, so that's kind of limiting who I look at or not as well.

I'm not sure how much of this I'll be playing; I've started playing AE again and really, I prefer it to SFxT.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    This is up on the steams now. 44.99 on the pc.

I really really think I will hate it but have money burning a hole in my pocket...

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    WHAT

PC VERSION IS UP?

J3qcnBP.png
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    what?! can you confirm???

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    It is for pre-purchase.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sorry for the confusion! Yes pre purchase.

No 2 players on same tag thing just like the xbox.
    DLC charactors are not in the DL. I suppose they are worried about hacks to unlock.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/06/chr...included-on-street-fighter-x-tekkens-pc-disc/

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/27/str...-version-will-not-support-local-online-co-op/

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited April 2012
    So has anyone looked at the new gems that dropped today for free? (For PSN users, at least.) Things just got a whole lot more derpy.

Autoblock now only costs you 1/4th of a bar of meter, as opposed to a whole bar. Still level 1. Same for throw escape.

Easy input and Super easy input can now only put you at a 5% disadvantage on attack, defense, speed. It's up to you to choose.

Pandora and Cross Assault extenders are now available as well.

AuburnTiger on
    I tried to like this game, I really did. I did my best to keep positive whenever people talked shit about it.

But I've had enough ubiquitous timeouts, seeing the same launcher animation in slow motion 15 times a match, seizure inducing neon colors, broken as fuck assist gems, and oh yeah, still waiting on Sakura, the character I already have on disc.

Well, I was about to drop some $$$ on the PC edition. Is it that bad? I've got that fighter urge again.

Well, I was about to drop some $$$ on the PC edition. Is it that bad? I've got that fighter urge again.

You could get SSFIV:AE on Steam and join us in the PA group chat, where anywhere from 2-5 people are playing a night.

Or you could play this:

abouug.png

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Is that Karnov?!

Dipped in day glow paint?

Im going to do it too.

Hey, for what it's worth, I enjoy the game despite the layers of bs involved. Every fighter has some degree of it you have to put up with, and while this one has plenty in that regard, there's still fun to be had imo.

So its out in a day or so... anyone on PC with me?

• stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    PC player as well. Going through the training mode. I'm ass at SSF4 so don't expect much from me.