As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Vote immunity, ladies and gentleman.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    At the rate we're going though, the council will disband, and then that protection vanishes.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Becuase he's about to get a seat on the council.

Take a bow, Saber. You had a good run.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Considering how hopeless everything looked when Day 3 started, I've been trying.

I'm still curious to know what Infidel said when he realized I'd convinced the council to vote for him out of no where.

• Options
    Infidel is used to it. He gets voted out for no good reason most games.

Because people are terrified of him.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Huzzah! So glad that the village sheeped onto me. "Don't worry, we can vote him out tomorrow!"

• Options
    Ah Peccavi, I thank you for being my meatshield.

I was sweating out the vote close before my masterplan could be executed.

• Options
    You are the most mafia mafia that ever did mafia.

• Options
    They should be. Unravelling all the strings he was pulling took me most of the last two days.

• Options
    Ugh, keep jawing Ori'Sith, now where's my lightsaber....?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    You have no idea how amusing that statement is to me.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Becuase he's about to get a seat on the council.

Take a bow, Saber. You had a good run.

We shall see.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    By the way, Obi, I'm doing this for your amusement and to tell you how much I enjoy this game.

/Hope you enjoy the show!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    The Sith are acting like they've already won the game. They must have an alternate win condition, because the number of kills in one night it would take to make them a majority (even assuming we started with a full-size mafia in addition to the apparent SK-minifaction) would be redonkulous.

• Options
    Maybe...they wanted to control the council...! Osik....

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I've got one more ace up my sleeve. I'm hoping they haven't won quite as much as they think they have.

• Options
    Holding the council wont do anything after the council gets dissolved when there are less than 20 players.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Assuran might be purple Darth Bane mafia, which could have an easier victory condition.

Or the Sith might just need to take over the council or something like that.

Doesn't matter, I'm dead. And really should be asleep.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Good night, Pec.

I appreciated the compliment.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    The host is freaking grudged if there if there's a group that autowins if it holds the council. There's already too much power in the council with their vote immunity and electing replacements on their own as it stands for the rest of the village to do something about it, so I fail to see how the heck that's balanced.

• Options
    The host is freaking grudged if there if there's a group that autowins if it holds the council.

I would tend to agree...

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Can dead mafia council members still inform or trade use of their proboard accounts to inform other mafia members of information on said proboards?

Including, for instance, succession lists?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Seeing as today's title " Day 4: Always in motion is the future" has already been updated I suspect it's far from over.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    I should hope not, that would be shenanigans if they did.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    The council doesn't get dissolved tonight though. In fact, it won't even get dissolved tomorrow if we kill at the same rate.
    '
    If Segatai dies Green, grunt's is almost assuredly sith

• Options
    warban wrote: »
    Seeing as today's title " Day 4: Always in motion is the future" has already been updated I suspect it's far from over.

I...wha...wasn't that what the title's been all day?

Or is this just the Motrin PM talking?

• Options
    Nah, you're right Gaslight, that's what it's been. Always in motion, the future is....

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Sorry. I don't know why I thought it was the new title. Ignore my post.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Apologies for the absence, folks. Had an event to attend to all day, but it looks like I made it in time before the narration went up.

End of Day 5 Spreadsheet (up to post 2047)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    DAY 5 - Revenge of the Sith

Master Hammer Wilga retreated to new footing for the seventh time in the fight. This Sith team fought like he had never seen. All his time on the front lines had prepared him for this, however, and he deflected blow after blow from the pair calling themselves the future of the Force. The older one, who had announced himself as Darth Hekatombe, Dark Lord of the Sith, was doing most of the work never giving the tired Jedi Master a moment's respite. Master Wilga could probably have won this fight if it was just a duel against Hekatombe, but the other one, this Darth Mask had made the fight a losing affair. Mask would dart in at the most opportune times, just enough to cause Master Wilga to have to retreat again and again. After one particularly telegraphed strike by Mask, Master Wilga used the opportunity to turn the parry into a sweeping strike. Hekatombe didn't see it coming and took a glancing blow to his leg. The success was short lived, however, and Hammer Wilga felt a sharp pain in the small of his back. Looking down, a red lightsaber protruded from his stomach.

Hammer Wilga dropped to his knees as he heard a whisper behind him, "If a strike looks too easy to parry. It usually is. I am disappointed you fell for that, but not surprised. Jedi," the last word spoken with disgust. Mask pulled the energy weapon out of the Jedi's body and stood next to his Master.

Master Wilga spoke back, "Death is not the end for a Jedi. I do not fear death as my strength will just be added to another."

Darth Hekatombe laughed a deep foreboding laugh, "Your feelings betray you. And I regret to inform you that Knight Ket'Brah will not be the one to save the Jedi."

"Say what you want, Sith. The Light Side of the Force will prevail. Do what you came to do."

"I do not say it. The Force has shown me. Ket'Brah dies tonight," and seeing a small glimpse of sadness was all the Dark Lord needed as he ended the life of the Jedi Master.

Darth Hekatombe didn't even turn around when he said the next part, "I know why you allowed him to make that last strike, Apprentice. The Force has shown me that as well. You think you can take place by striking me down now. You think I will be tired from the duel that I fought while you conserved your power. I know you have already found a new Apprentice. Maybe I will keep that one instead of you."

Darth Mask made no response.

"Try. If you are the future of the Sith then you will prevail." And with that Darth Hekatombe spun around, igniting his lightsaber and striking low. He hit only air as Darth Mask was not there. Lightning flew from the shadows and Hekatombe was not prepared. He died slowly on the ground, his muscles unable to be controlled while being wracked with lightning.

A new Dark Lord of the Sith was born.

Saber Brooks walked away from his first kill satisfied in the new powers he had received from the Emperor. Decorated war hero, with countless wins on the warfront, Knight Ket'Brah had put up a decent fight. But it was no match for the new Hand of the Emperor.

Lord IEATYOUNGLINGS could not believe his life was going to end like this. This Jedi foe had a counter for everything he threw at him. Nothing worked and now the blue lightsaber was flying towards his head and he had no response. He thought about all the other Sword of the Jedis he had killed and figure it was about time one of them got the best of him.

Master Tvet Slyndar leaned forward in his chair, "This is going to be short. There is too much to do and time is too precious."

The other Master nodded. New Masters, Captain Lou Albano, Swen Spynar, and Travius Starscream paid close attention to their first council meeting.

"Two more Knights were put into stasis, Knight Xzibit and Knight Peen Rokolu. Two other members, Master Ado Conrye and Knight Ezlee Seyfert were killed by hired Assassins. Each paid by a different source. Finally, we lost another Knight on a mission, Knight Scoo'taloo."

"All of this pales in comparison to the reality that had this Dark Lord of the Sith not been killed, he would be sitting among us, and we would be unaware. We must pay closer attention to the Force, fellow Masters, it will not lead us astray." interrupted Master Ilin Draconis.

"Fleets are still in transit, but we fared just as poorly on the front, little to no gain made on any planets." reported Master gℓιт¢н.

"I tire of these meeting. Less talk, more do" Master Long Yu said as he stood.

"Agreed", the rest of the Master said.

"I am sorry, new Masters, I feel like we can teach you no more than you can learn yourselves. Please seek guidance in the Force." Master Marasha Xiloscient said as they all left the room.

And with that, the Jedi Council was disbanded for the first time in hundreds of years. The Master were now needed on the front lines.

Peccavi Knight Xzibit - Put in stasis by the Order
    Malkor Knight Peen Rokolu - Put in stasis by the Council
    Shiny New Toys Master Ado Conrye - Killed by Mandalorian bounty hunters
    JABMonkey Knight Ezlee Seyfert - Killed by Nikto assassins
    SaberOverEasy Master Hammer Wilga - Killed in a duel
    Retaba Knight Ket'Brah - Killed by order of the Emperor
    SeGaTai Lord IEATYOUNGLINGS - Killed in a duel
    Assuran Dark Lord of the Sith Hekatombe - Risen against and found weak
    pablo_price Knight Scoo'taloo - Assassinated while on a mission

Updated Player List and positions:
    Jedi Council
    SLyM Master Tvet Slyndar
    Kias Master Dark Helmet
    Alegis Master Thraellvi'g Gennsan
    matev Master Ilin Draconis
    warban Master gℓιт¢н
    MrBlarney Master Long Yu
    Anialos Master Marasha Xiloscient
    capfalcon Master Arron Caballa
    Smoove Operator Master Oobedoob Benubi
    Ketbra Master Ret'brah
    SaberOverEasy Master Hammer Wilga
    Shiny New Toys Master Ado Conrye
    SeGaTai Master Raest
    Nirya Master Captain Lou Albano
    Figgy Master Swen Spynar
    l3lasphemer69 Master Travius Starscream

Council Aide
    That Dave Fella Knight Thafel Fartmaster

Knight/Padawan Pairings
    TheRoadVirus Knight Vashta Nerada
    Cayrus Knight Wedge Starkiller

FecklessRogue Knight Finnigan Rysoh
    Baidol Padawan Perio Veris

Infidel Knight Vii'let

AkimboLegs Knight Kado
    Mr. Mojo Risin Knight Tacitus

kime Knight Placeholderus

jdarksun Padawan Krema Matyr

tzeentchling Knight Pandora Rose

JABMonkey Knight Ezlee Seyfert
    Rawkking Goodguy Knight Loane Starr

Cythraul Knight Inactivus

I needed a name to post Knight Harry S. Plinkett
    Malkor Knight Peen Rokolu

Assuran Knight Flock
    CaptainPlanet82 Padawan Butscratch'A

pablo_price Knight Scoo'taloo

Gaslight Knight Var Falconer

38thDoe Knight ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○

Peccavi Knight Xzibit

Farangu Knight Murtak Nesh

shalmelo Padawan Olem Lahs

sportzboytjw Knight Gree M. D'Arrc
    Schuss Padawan Badevil Goodslayer

REG Rysk Knight Saphelon De'Armetis
    corvidae Knight corvus corax

mascara305 Knight Niav
    Bedlam Padawan Wang Visectamus

MrTLicious Knight Vitju Mavis
    vertroue Padawan Damaya Weirn

Grunt's Ghosts Knight Vicus Oman

Retaba Knight Ket'Brah

Galactic Status:
    GalaxyMap5.png
    Planets:
    Jedi Controlled Planets:
    Coruscant: Seat of Power. Initially under Jedi Control and this power is controlled by and known to the Jedi Council.
    Fondor

Sith Controlled Planets:
    Nal Hutta
    Tatooine

Neutral Planets (Full power description will only be given to the Jedi/Sith that get control of the planet.):
    Alderaan
    Bothuwai
    Hoth

PMs being sent out now for those who should get them.

There were a few people who got inactive warnings today. I do not PM or publicly tell you if you have gotten a warning. You will just be inactivus'd if you get a second strike.

Voting and action submittal for day five closes Saturday at 10pm MST/PDT

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ooooo00000ooooo000000oooOOOOO

I regret only one thing: I did not live up to my name by slaughering a hundred force users in the ashes of the old orders to build our new galactic order.

Darth Bane's edict is clear: There can be two, no more, no less. One to embody power, one to lust for it.

My death only makes my former Apprentice stronger.

And soon, no one shall stand in our way.

00000oooooOOOOOOO0000OOOOO000ooo

• Options
    Saber....my friend...rest, you did well...

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Sticking to my Rawkking Goodguy vote.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    The Jedi Council is immune to the vote. There will always be 10 members of the Jedi Council. The Jedi Council will be dissolved and vulnerable to the vote when there are 20 or less people alive in the Order.

We have exactly 20 players left. Can I get an update on council mechanics? Can we simply now vote for council members or does other things change as well?

What does dissolved* mean exactly?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    Can dead mafia council members still inform or trade use of their proboard accounts to inform other mafia members of information on said proboards?

Including, for instance, succession lists?

Players who have been removed from the game are forbidden from talking to players still playing unless it is specifically mentioned that they are allowed to

• Options
    The Jedi Council is immune to the vote. There will always be 10 members of the Jedi Council. The Jedi Council will be dissolved and vulnerable to the vote when there are 20 or less people alive in the Order.

We have exactly 20 players left. Can I get an update on council mechanics? Can we simply now vote for council members or does other things change as well?

I count 21

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I have 20 players remaining. Is the Council dissolved?

Start of Day 6 Spreadsheet (up to post 2095)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    NVM! I can't count apparently

Updates to the Council rules will be posted shortly. As soon as I get all the PMs out.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    ObiFett wrote: »

I count 21

Sorry who am I missing?

1 SLyM Master Tvet Slyndar 
    2 matev Master Ilin Draconis 
    3 warban Master gℓιт¢н 
    4 MrBlarney Master Long Yu 
    5 Anialos Master Marasha Xiloscient 
    6 Smoove Operator Master Oobedoob Benubi 
    7 Ketbra Master Ret'brah 
    8 Nirya Master Captain Lou Albano 
    9 Figgy Master Swen Spynar 
    10 l3lasphemer69 Master Travius Starscream 

Knight/Padawan Pairings 

11 Cayrus Knight Wedge Starkiller 
    12 Mr. Mojo Risin Knight Tacitus 
    13 kime Knight Placeholderus 
    14 Rawkking Goodguy Knight Loane Starr 
    15 Gaslight Knight Var Falconer 
    16 sportzboytjw Knight Gree M. D'Arrc 
    17 Schuss Padawan Badevil Goodslayer 
    18 mascara305 Knight Niav 
    19 Bedlam Padawan Wang Visectamus 
    20 Grunt's Ghosts Knight Vicus Oman 

Edit: No problem then. The show must go on.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    OoOoOoOoO

I had a blast guys. Even if last night didn't go quite as well as I had hoped!

Even though Retaba is dead, her dedication to the Jedi cause has lived on.

We may yet win this!

OoOooOoOoOoOOooOoO