As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    stfuad wrote: »
    PC player as well. Going through the training mode. I'm ass at SSF4 so don't expect much from me.

Don't worry, the game is quite a bit easier than SSF4.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    PC player as well. Going through the training mode. I'm ass at SSF4 so don't expect much from me.

I don't understand that statement at all. It felt just like SSF4 to me just with the tagging thing on top of it.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

I don't understand that statement at all. It felt just like SSF4 to me just with the tagging thing on top of it.

combos aren't hard to do in sfxt

edited May 2012

I completely disagree. Maybe they're not hard to do if you're already good at SF4, but if you're a new guy they're hard as fucking balls. I thought it was just the trials being jerky, but then when I looked through the SFxT bible, they were listing trials for most everyone's basic combos and I sat there going "...well fuck that." The whole chaining system they hyped up ended up being kind of a waste of time since I couldn't really see any point to it save to have a safe way to bring in your other guy. Damn near everything has absurdly strict timing from what I could see and it pretty much sucks the fun right out.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png

I completely disagree. Maybe they're not hard to do if you're already good at SF4, but if you're not it's still one giant 1 frame link mess. I thought it was just the trials being jerky, but then when I looked through the SFxT bible, they were listing trials for most everyone's basic combos and I sat there going "...well fuck that." The whole chaining system ended up being kind of a waste of time since I couldn't really see any point to it save to have a safe way to bring in your other guy.

but you don't need to do big fancy combos with 1 frame links in them. those are still just as hard as in sf4

i have combos with my team that are 100% cancels and do 700 damage for 3 bars
    it's part of the reason the game is so boring at a competitive level, there's no skill in the combos people do. they find one that works, and is easy, and do it over and over again

edited May 2012
    And when you don't have those three bars, what do you do?

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    And when you don't have those three bars, what do you do?

same opener into a chain launcher thing, it's like 300 i think?

i don't usually do one bar combos unless i really need to switch, and for two bars i break 500

• stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I like how the Tekken characters play. I tried to play Ibuki but her f+mk doesn't go over fireballs? Nor does the df+mk it seems. Disappointing.

stfuad on
  • SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    I was kinda thinking of picking this up but now I dunno.

Like, are people playing this and having FUN? It's really hard to tell sometimes.

Fighting games fun? More like bashing your head against a wall until you're good enough to win consistantly. Then maybe...

• SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    Fighting games fun? More like bashing your head against a wall until you're good enough to win consistantly. Then maybe...

Granted. I meant relatively.

• DubiousAtBestDubiousAtBest Registered User regular
    SciJo wrote: »
    I was kinda thinking of picking this up but now I dunno.

Like, are people playing this and having FUN? It's really hard to tell sometimes.

I think the 2v2 is fun, but the response from the competitive community has been fairly negative. So if you have people to play with, it can be fun. If online is your only option, then maybe you should pass.

• Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

I completely disagree. Maybe they're not hard to do if you're already good at SF4, but if you're a new guy they're hard as fucking balls. I thought it was just the trials being jerky, but then when I looked through the SFxT bible, they were listing trials for most everyone's basic combos and I sat there going "...well fuck that." The whole chaining system they hyped up ended up being kind of a waste of time since I couldn't really see any point to it save to have a safe way to bring in your other guy. Damn near everything has absurdly strict timing from what I could see and it pretty much sucks the fun right out.
    It is a lot easier in a millions ways. And the timing for things one of them.
    But I see where it's coming from on your end. It's like saying a 5 speed honda is easy to drive compared to some kids tuned out WRX. But to someone that's never driven stick before the honda is still going to feel the "same" and just as irritating.

I haven't jumped into this game yet, but from what I heard there aren't a lot of 1 frame links anymore?
    I'm imagining they're mostly 2-3. Making the strict combos literally twice as easy to nail.

... Did someone say AE Steam nights?

Mmmm... Cocks... on
    edited May 2012
    The timing on ibukis cr. lp cr.lp mk tsumuji seems the same, but it could just be me. and it turns out that ibukis df mk does go under fireballs but not sonic booms, and her normal neck breaker now goes under fireballs. Though f mk doesn't hop over anymore.

stfuad on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Well, I just played around with it this morning. Links ARE easier. I still haven't tried my hand at learning Tekken characters but damn does it look purty.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • MeepZeroMeepZero Registered User regular
    So, I'm kinda interested in this but I've only got PC. I've only been into Smash Brothers so my experience with fighting games is pretty non existent. Is there a way I can try these kinda fighting games without throwing down $50 to see if I like it?

Aprjs.png
    sig.jpg
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Wow, the thread came alive again! This go on sale or something? >,>

Anyways there are some of us still playing this, if newcomers want to gear up some fight nights that would be awesome. This is 360 all the way, however. If it's PS3 fights you'll have to talk to the other regulars. >,>

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    Wow, the thread came alive again! This go on sale or something? >,>

Anyways there are some of us still playing this, if newcomers want to gear up some fight nights that would be awesome. This is 360 all the way, however. If it's PS3 fights you'll have to talk to the other regulars. >,>
    I think the bumps were from the PC release.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Yeah.

Again, new to this stuff, If I'm interested in trying out street fighter whatevers and don't have a console, is my only option to buy the whole damn game?

Aprjs.png
    sig.jpg
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    MeepZero wrote: »
    Again, new to this stuff, If I'm interested in trying out street fighter whatevers and don't have a console, is my only option to buy the whole damn game?

Neither SF4 on PC nor SFxT has a demo, if that's what you're asking. There really isn't a good way to try a more recent fighting game outside of renting the console version of the game, which isn't an option for you. Or going to a friend's place, not sure if that's an option either.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited May 2012
    Check out the crosscounter YouTube channel. Otherwise unless you know someone with the game youre SOL. Or... You know...

stfuad on
    Ugh, what a pain. Thanks for the info.

Aprjs.png
    sig.jpg
    the cheap option to try a fighting game is to get skullgirls

it's also got the best tutorial

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    the cheapest option is to use that shady site gary linked and buy ae for 16 bucks steam key

dats legit

J3qcnBP.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    there a trick to timing rekkas?
    Sometinmes I enter the comand once and get two rekkas. i do it three times and only get 2.

The game is pretty ok. It would be much better if the online was not complete dookie. Full bars still equals mega lag.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited May 2012
    Fig-D wrote: »
    MeepZero wrote: »

Neither SF4 on PC nor SFxT has a demo, if that's what you're asking. There really isn't a good way to try a more recent fighting game outside of renting the console version of the game, which isn't an option for you. Or going to a friend's place, not sure if that's an option either.

Does SF4 even really need a demo? Just watching a youtube video of some matches is pretty self explanatory. It's Street Fighter. You fight on the streets and coat the sidewalks in salt. Regardless, SF4 is still good to play just because it builds fundamentals well, even if it is boring as shit.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Fighting games could definitely stand to have a demo. You can't get a feel for the controls, the flow of combos, difficulty (or lack of it) in execution, etc...from just watching a demo. A friend of mine bought SF4 basically a launch but ended up turning it in again later because of things like this. Not everybody plays to be a pro after all.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    This games online is absolute shit.

Full bars for both players same region = slide show with sound issues.

Doh

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited May 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Doh
    I'm pretty sure Capcom is unlearning how to write netcode with every game they release.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Strange, I've found this game to have amongst the best online I've played of late. Sometimes DCs at match start, but overall better than my experience has been with either version of MvC3, MK9, SCIV, etc

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Doh

Are you on PC or Xbox?

Xbox has actually been pretty good after the first patch.

edited May 2012
    PC. We have no dlc or patches.... but we do got nude mods.

but you cant play online so....

mojojoeo on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular

Doh
    I'm pretty sure Capcom is unlearning how to write netcode with every game they release.

Actually it's fine, especially since the last patch. Can only claim that on 360 however. :\

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »

Doh

Actually it's fine, especially since the last patch. Can only claim that on 360 however. :\

I don't know if it's fine.

jab jab jab jab

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I think Capcom should experiment with adding a patch that makes naked launchers (hk+hp) not only beat out low attacks, but standing lp and lk attacks too. That would add a new layer to mind games for the attacker and defender as well as give an additional reason to use the high risk/high reward launcher.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    So how bout that new patch that fixes them bugs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suWtSPuKiRs

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    So how bout that new patch that fixes them bugs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suWtSPuKiRs
    Luckily not many people play as Rolento or Ryu.

8->

Game is a pile of shit on the PC.
    One time I play and the game is at normal speed. Boot it another time and its 3x too fast, like hyper speed even in menus. boot it again and its 2x too slow. So single player is fucked by this weirdness.

On top of online on the pc is a slideshow of hate (i have full bars and a rock solid connection)

I highly reccomend waiting for numerous patches if you are the fence.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Put the link to thssi in the SE++ thread, but too good not to do it here...haha..

7214148634_3ddd9e6484.jpg

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).