As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] 2012 Challenge Coins - Orders Closed

1111213141517»

• MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    crap i just realized i never picked up my coin...CURSES

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    To people who missed your coin drop offs (and didn't already organize something with me) make sure to contact me or Gigabrain soon. We'll do what we can to make things work, and if you're local, we can certainly make it happen much easier than otherwise.

If you're not local, and you missed your drop.. well we're working on it. We're still merging all of our drop off info to determine who didn't get what they should, so it'll be a bit.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    The coins look incredible. Thanks everyone who helped make this happen!

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    These really did come out awesome and i know we cant thank karma enough for doing this!

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Love the coin!! thanks @mxwood for the drop off at the bar :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I missed picking up my coin because I am a dumb. Will pay whomever for postage and a tip if I can get it mailed to me, please!

Note: I live several states away so in-person retrieval is no longer an option.

godmode on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    So....

PAX Prime is 4.5 months away.

Who wants to start a thread for Prime's coin project? Who organized it last time? Somebody want to PM them?

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Slipstream0 organized it last year and I have sent an E-mail his way.
    If by some odd chance he is not up for it this year I would be happy to organize it.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Well despite wanting to attend since the very first show, I've never been to a Prime (and I usually have a conflict with another annual event I attend). However, I'm willing to help out on this if necessary.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also I think given what phoenix challenge coins did for us with this coin, they'd be the choice of where to go for a Prime coin.

• flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Here is the email I received from Eric prior to the opening of Phoenix, if anyone else plans on taking point on this:

Hello,
    I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for doing business with me in the past. I also would like to invite you to continue doing business with me again in the future. I would like you to know that I can still assist you with your reorders and future custom product needs. I also want you to know that it has been an honor and a pleasure to work with you on your custom projects and help you get some amazing items made for your organization.
    I recently decided to make a new exciting and bold move; which was as a result of US Challenge Coins closing down their custom coin business. I have decided to start my own custom products company which is called Phoenix Challenge Coins. I have a basic website set up and as I am able; and time goes on I will be improving it significantly and adding all sorts of user features and infrastructure for you. Here is a link to our new website. Please note that if you have a problem with the following links and they are not opening when you click on them. You can highlight the link, right click with your mouse, select copy and then paste it into the address bar of your web browser and the links will work. Here are the links: www.phoenixchallengecoins.com. You can also visit our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phoenix-Challenge-Coins/171421002967817?sk=wall and our Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/phoenixchalcns
    I hope that you will get in touch with me as well as keep me in mind for any existing and future custom products needs you may have. I'm endeavoring to make a number of changes to the customer service experience and have a number of ideas that will have been put in motion to set us apart from our competitors. I look forward to working with you again in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Eric Richards

Email: sales@phoenixchallengecoins.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phoenix-Challenge-Coins/171421002967817?sk=wall
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/phoenixchalcns
    Skype ECR844
    Local Phone Number: 508-499-7186

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Random question for those that got this year's East coin - did your coin get scuffed from the protective case? All four of the coins I got were scuffed on the sails of the ship, and based on the markings on the plastic cover, I can see where it's rubbing against it. Just curious, not complaining - still love my coin, just wanted to know if what I experienced was an anomaly or not.

vttym wrote: »
    Random question for those that got this year's East coin - did your coin get scuffed from the protective case? All four of the coins I got were scuffed on the sails of the ship, and based on the markings on the plastic cover, I can see where it's rubbing against it. Just curious, not complaining - still love my coin, just wanted to know if what I experienced was an anomaly or not.

That was a common note this year- not much to do about it. I haven't tried to buff mine to see if it can be cleaned up. Might be worth pushing the feedback back to Eric, though.

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Just wanted to let you all know I've written every exam with my challenge coin over my heart. I've been sapping your knowledge indirectly through the coins, my bad if you needed that. I'll be done using your brains on Tuesday.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Hey all,
    I got a reply from Slipstream0 and he is unavailable to organize the Prime coin this year. He has given me his blessing to go ahead and take things over this year.
    I will send an E-mail to Eric at Phoenix Challenge Coins to get the ball rolling (thanks flatline for the information).
    In the mean time look for the Pime coin thread shortly to get the design started.

IhtGIyi.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I got a reply from Slipstream0 and he is unavailable to organize the Prime coin this year. He has given me his blessing to go ahead and take things over this year.
    I will send an E-mail to Eric at Phoenix Challenge Coins to get the ball rolling (thanks flatline for the information).
    In the mean time look for the Pime coin thread shortly to get the design started.

can you start a new thread for prime?

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • DragonDragon Registered User regular
    Since the person that has done the coins first sent me an empty package and then couldn't send me another I hen set up for a friend that was going to pax to pick up some coins for me but got no response from anyone that was carrying coins, then was told that he would take care of it in a couple days... That was a month ago! I've been very patient, have attended this convention since it moved to Seattle and have been an Enforcer for years and this is what I get in response! So now I'm looking for anyone that has an extra coin that I will pay whatever you would like for seeing as the 2 that I have already purchased have been refused me. I would really appreciate it if someone could sell me one. Thank you in advance if anyone reads this :)

• karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dragon wrote: »
    Since the person that has done the coins first sent me an empty package and then couldn't send me another I hen set up for a friend that was going to pax to pick up some coins for me but got no response from anyone that was carrying coins, then was told that he would take care of it in a couple days... That was a month ago! I've been very patient, have attended this convention since it moved to Seattle and have been an Enforcer for years and this is what I get in response! So now I'm looking for anyone that has an extra coin that I will pay whatever you would like for seeing as the 2 that I have already purchased have been refused me. I would really appreciate it if someone could sell me one. Thank you in advance if anyone reads this :)

Still trying to reach out to you, and this is not helping at all.

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Publicly slandering the man that helped me obtain my coins? I set the price at 1 billion dollars.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    By all means go ahead. I've been trying for months to get my coins and now all I'm getting is my money back. I don't want the money, I wanted the coins I paid for

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    @Dragon - I'd ask that you have a little bit more patience, as we are working on resolving this now. I know that this is frustrating you, since it's been in limbo for a while, but we will get you your coins. Some of the coin distributors have commitments that have them away from home for a month or more at a time, and this has hampered progress. If it will make you happier right now, you can PM me your address and I will send you two of my own this week, and I'll deal with getting them back later from the others.

Also, I have no record of your friend trying to contact me at PAX East - everyone that contacted me, with one exception, had already set up a meeting and coin deliveries went smoothly. That one exception had simply mixed up myself and Kiashien (those pesky K names), and I gave him Kiashien's number to complete their transaction.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Khadour wrote: »
    Also, I have no record of your friend trying to contact me at PAX East - everyone that contacted me, with one exception, had already set up a meeting and coin deliveries went smoothly. That one exception had simply mixed up myself and Kiashien (those pesky K names), and I gave him Kiashien's number to complete their transaction.

I'll second this. No one ever contacted me, and I sent 4 private messages to the forum handle you gave us (GenXer) and received no response. I personally successfully delivered over 40 coins to a dozen people, so if your friend had tried to contact me, he or she would have been accommodated. You can't put this mess on us.

I'm not trying to put the mess on anyone, just trying to contact anyone who may send me coins. If I need to pay more that's fine I don't care. If there was some mix up at the expo my apologies, I had just had my son and could not be there myself.

• Mikemuck1Mikemuck1 Registered User regular

This isn't entirely accurate as I was never contacted by you or anyone claiming to be picking up coins for you. I do certainly understand your frustration but this isn't the way to go about it. We all donated our time to help ( I enjoyed the hell out of it meeting the people I did and look forward to next year) but there are good and bad ways to do things. This isn't exactly helping.

KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    Khadour wrote: »

I'll second this. No one ever contacted me, and I sent 4 private messages to the forum handle you gave us (GenXer) and received no response. I personally successfully delivered over 40 coins to a dozen people, so if your friend had tried to contact me, he or she would have been accommodated. You can't put this mess on us.

@Dragon

I was not contacted- I did attempt to contact Genxer as requested, but he has not been on the forum in many years- and apparently has notifications disabled, so my hands were tied. Every person who has contacted me either has a plan in place to get their coin, or received it, except two people that I have not found out if they have managed alternate plans yet or not.

I am very sorry that your friend did not actually contact any of us, or provide information for us to contact him via a viable channel. In any case, contact Khadour as requested, and we'll just make sure he gets his coins back.

I am also sorry for the mailing mistake- they happen when someone has to mail out a hundred plus packages -on his own time- to manage orders. I repeat- Karma is not running some shipping company on the side or something, he had to manually load all of these packages and take them all down to USPS himself. I doubt it was even remotely fun for him. He made a mistake, and we're trying to make it work- but we're all in different states, and most of us post-pax have the week of sickness, or possibly two (in my case) plus post-pax catchup at work. This is not our jobs, and we're doing the best we can.

As several people noted, we all donated a ton of our time, and in some cases had our PAX time scheduled around Coin pickups- I'm sorry for your experience, and we'll do what we can to make it right, but if you can get your friend to actually log into his forum account, I'm sure he'll see multiple PMs from just about all of us.

In any case... Contact Khadour and he'll mail you your coins.

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    I got my coins fast and easy. Thanks to everyone responsible. You are greatly appreciated.

edited May 2012
    If anyone did not receive their coins, please let me know. I have some of the extras now, and will try to cover everyone. Even if it's a missed Will Call pickup, I will work with you.

karmacappa on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    What about those who didn't order a coin? I'm interested if I can get one...

They're collectors items now, so you would have to see if someone is willing to sell their coins.

This discussion has been closed.