As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 4th Annual Post-PAX Party - REGISTRATION IS LIVE.

• sleepygeckossleepygeckos Registered User regular
    This is my first PAX and I was told in no uncertain terms that I should fly out on Monday to make sure I would be at PPP, so count me in!

• JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    This sounds like just the thing to end my first PAX experience.

• AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Went last year and it was definitely one of my favourite things from the whole weekend. I'll totally be there this time :D

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • CapeguyCapeguy New WestminsterRegistered User regular
    First time at PAX this year and this is definitely on my agenda!

• ohkateyohkatey Owner of Bitch Team Alpha Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    my boyfriend and i would likely attend. we won't be leaving until monday evening.

pax primer @ <3
  • afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    I am so amped for this this year... I need four tickets asap!!!

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    afeil117 wrote: »

...four tickets to pax?

• RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    I'm in.

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • AoiroAoiro Registered User regular
    Told my friends about this. Hopefully they're down to go!

• UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    Count me in as well.

• afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    Crogoth wrote: »
    afeil117 wrote: »

...four tickets to pax?

No no. Four tickets to the party. I always get tickets for friends as gifts. Luckily, I managed to get single day passes.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    will there be some sort of entrance fee and if so about how much(roughly of course).

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    There won't be an entrance fee unless there are unsold tickets prior to the event (unlikely, probably extremely unlikely). I didn't attend last year but the previous two years were... $30 and $35? maybe $40? Cannot remember.

That's not bad.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Looks like last year's PPPD was $40 a ticket; would expect this year to be pretty similar.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rius wrote: »
    Looks like last year's PPPD was $40 a ticket; would expect this year to be pretty similar.

That price was including fabulous musical acts. Hopefully we will have that again!

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

That price was including fabulous musical acts. Hopefully we will have that again!

The musical acts were added at the last minute with no actual direct impact on ticket price if I remember correctly. Arco did politely ask for donations to pay them though.

wWuzwvJ.png
    edited May 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »

The musical acts were added at the last minute with no actual direct impact on ticket price if I remember correctly. Arco did politely ask for donations to pay them though.

They were added on at the last minute, but $5 was added to the price. People were asked to go back and pay the extra $5 if possible, and all new tickets at that point were raised in price. Donations made up the difference for people who couldn't/didn't go back and pay the extra.

Either way, totally worth it.

zerzhul on
  • ProjektSoulProjektSoul Registered User regular
    How about having Jonny Nero open again for whoever is the main musical performer? I know he enjoyed it and it would be fun to see him perform again :)

TheProjektSoul.jpg
  • edg2000edg2000 Registered User regular
    i went to the first, and havent been able to attend since. I plan on staying thru monday for other events which i hope to also see our illustrious host at, and i can go again!

Enforcer Years: P10 P11 P15 W16 W17
    7 PAX veteran
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    I have not done this yet. I also have been informed that decision was made........ Poorly. I plan to do this.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    Can't wait! I definitely need to post-PAX closure it provides. Also, I met some amazeballs dudes, who are why I get to go to PAX at all this year.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I booked my flight for Monday just so I can go to this... can't wait!

• ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Double post wackiness.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    Wow. Nice to see so many positive comments about the party. Keep them coming! :D

Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Ill be in to this. Let me know however I can contribute. First PAX but I am sure I will make a splash I am pretty fun to be around lol.

• OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    Saxicide wrote: »
    Can't wait! I definitely need to post-PAX closure it provides. Also, I met some amazeballs dudes, who are why I get to go to PAX at all this year.

Wouldn't have been the same without you!

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • MeiteronMeiteron Registered User regular
    This party has capped off every pax prime I've been to the last couple years and I am super pumped it's going to be back again! It's just a great way to leave a solid lasting impression after a weekend of awesome.

• KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    Can't wait for tickets to go on sale! Last year's was a blast! If you weren't there, here's a taste of what you missed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEBZ0G7ll1U

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Military schedule pending, the husband and I would love to spend an hour or three at Jillians.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • yanthraxyanthrax boners bonersRegistered User regular
    Can't wait for tickets to go on sale! Last year's was a blast! If you weren't there, here's a taste of what you missed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEBZ0G7ll1U

Good lord I remember this! I was in the middle of playing some casual Marvel vs Capcom 3 when this came on and I dropped my Magneto combo when I realized what they were playing!

• BowzachiBowzachi Registered User regular
    Well hell yeah.

How do we go about purchasing tickets for this thing? And tell me more about this wonderous fighting game pit 8->

Bowzachi wrote: »
    Well hell yeah.

How do we go about purchasing tickets for this thing? And tell me more about this wonderous fighting game pit 8->

Tickets won't go on sale until more about the party is solidified. Keep an eye on this thread for developments :)

edited June 2012
    And tell me more about this wonderous fighting game pit 8->

Well, first off, upon entrance to the pit, you must donate $8.95 and sacrifice a virgin in honor of the high priest TOGsa Doom and the glorious work he does for our lord and savior Arcolinius. Then you must prostrate yourself before the Great Screen of Saltiness and only then will you be prepared to receive the blessings of Morton.

Or just show up, say hi, grab a controller and get to playing. :D I brought down my PS3 last year to Jillian's (will probably be a 360 this year and yes, I will bring along proper gamepads for it) along with various fighting games. This year will see UMVC3, SFxT, SSF4AE, SC5, Skullgirls and the upcoming Virtua Fighter 5 release. For the most part I leave the players to sort their own matches out, but I do keep tabs on everything and make sure no one is controller hogging/being a dick/etc.

Feel free to bring along a stick or whatever your usual controller is!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • BowzachiBowzachi Registered User regular

Well, first off, upon entrance to the pit, you must donate $8.95 and sacrifice a virgin in honor of the high priest TOGsa Doom and the glorious work he does for our lord and savior Arcolinius. Then you must prostrate yourself before the Great Screen of Saltiness and only then will you be prepared to receive the blessings of Morton.

Or just show up, say hi, grab a controller and get to playing. :D I brought down my PS3 last year to Jillian's (will probably be a 360 this year and yes, I will bring along proper gamepads for it) along with various fighting games. This year will see UMVC3, SFxT, SSF4AE, SC5, Skullgirls and the upcoming Virtua Fighter 5 release. For the most part I leave the players to sort their own matches out, but I do keep tabs on everything and make sure no one is controller hogging/being a dick/etc.

Sounds like Christmas in heaven

• OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular

I got a 360 fightstick I can loan out for the cause if you need extras

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular

If you're bringing a 360, I could bring KoF13 if anyone is interested.

edited June 2012

If you're bringing a 360, I could bring KoF13 if anyone is interested.

That'd be cool. I've never played it since I was never much of a KoF fan but I'm not gonna turn down more options!
    I got a 360 fightstick I can loan out for the cause if you need extras
    I don't actually own any arcade sticks because I'm a fucking freak and play on a homemade Hitbox (soon to be an official Hitbox) so I was just gonna bring down a stack of Madcatz Fightpads with me because they're cheap, portable, and most importantly, expendable. You're more than welcome to bring your own controller to play with though. That'd be pretty swag if we could get a couple of sticks available to people that want to use them.

Do note, that the console area has a general policy of "Arco/Jillian's/Me/Santa/J.R. "Bob" Dobbs/etc. are not going to be held responsible if anything gets jacked." That said, I don't think anyone has ever lifted anything ever from the PPP console area because there's always a constant crowd of players. It's not like anything could be easily taken without a bunch of other people seeing.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • kingragnorkkingragnork Registered User regular
    I am down with this. You could always use some United States Navy Sailors to spice up a party with some awesomness.

• MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    How about having Jonny Nero open again for whoever is the main musical performer? I know he enjoyed it and it would be fun to see him perform again :)

Seconded! ;D

Also I can bring Rock Band stuff again if you need me to! And maybe some boardgames too??

This discussion has been closed.