As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Forum Badges

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    ...Ooops. My bad! I get those mixed up.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • barrin87barrin87 Roy, UTRegistered User regular
    Love the badges!

Brand new to these forums and this will be my first PAX but if I can get one of these it would be awesome!

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hmmm...where will I be able to get my hands on one of these beauties? We are taking the train...but in the wrong direction so that won't work. Hubby and I would love to attend the PPD, but it's my understanding that seats are limited. What's my other option?

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    Hmmm...where will I be able to get my hands on one of these beauties? We are taking the train...but in the wrong direction so that won't work. Hubby and I would love to attend the PPD, but it's my understanding that seats are limited. What's my other option?

Detailed info will be available in the future, but the quick and easy answer is that you can pick them up at the BYOC desk (assuming the BYOC Enforcers are able to help out again this year).

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Just to answer a few of the questions on distribution of the Forum Badges, they are handed out at the Magical Mystery Tour, the Pre PAX Dinner, the Cross Country Super Trip, the Canadian Super Trip and the West Coast Train Trip. The organisers of those events are sent the badges direct from the UK by me and they then hand them out.

If you are not attending those events then you can either collect one from me at the Pre PAX table top game night or at the BYOC. If you're at the gaming night, it normally runs at the Sheraton on the Thursday before PAX and I'm the Englishman asking if people are on the forums. Side note; you'd be surprised the amount of scowls I get from people when I ask this, weird...

As for the closing of PAX, I was always of the belief that it ended at 6pm, clearly I am wrong on that score. I'll double check and amend accordingly.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Sounds good! Pre-PAX tabletop sounds fun too...will have to see what the hubby wants to do. As a first time PAX goer...I can see that I will be returning just so I can do more. So much to keep you busy and none of it includes actually seeing PAX! I'm so excited! :D

• bkrobinbkrobin Roseburg, ORRegistered User regular
    Ooohh!! I want to get one of these too! This is my second PAX and I want to be able to get/do as many community things as possible this time around!

• awyldknghtawyldknght Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    If you are not attending those events then you can either collect one from me at the Pre PAX table top game night or at the BYOC. If you're at the gaming night, it normally runs at the Sheraton on the Thursday before PAX and I'm the Englishman asking if people are on the forums.

This is great to know. Because of the timing of everything, I will seem to be missing all of the other Pre-PAX events. Hopefully, I can make this & meet some people. We are staying at the Homewood, so it's walking distance. If I'm not able to make it, I'll definitively be by the BYOC to grab mine.

[ X ] PAX Prime 2013 tickets purchased [ X ] Hotel Room booked
    [ ] PAX Coin Ordered/Reserved
  • helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    oh man, I'm soooo new all the PAX related stuff. It's a bit overwhelming but that's what I get for not keeping up. The badge looks awesome! I hope I can get my hands on one of them!~

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Tar3820 wrote: »
    Crogoth wrote: »
    this will be handed out on PAXTrain or once we arrive in Seattle?

This is independent of PAX Train. If someone has them on the train, they might hand them out, but I think the plan is for them to be distributed at PAX.

I have always picked mine up at Pax ( BYOC tables ) Usually they are available by noon on Friday, not all the enforcers seem to know what you are talking about when you ask about them, but Big Red knows

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'll be probably picking up mine/ours at the BYOC then. Mainly because we're not getting in until late thursday.

awesome!

Thanks Dude!

• etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    I like this years PAX badge. I'd like my name on it if I could :D

Let there be games!
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    I wanna be in on this badge thingamabobber!

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    It looks amazing! Can't wait to get a hold of one :)

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    Awesome as always!

• HackworthHackworth IssaquahRegistered User regular
    that looks sweet!

• jexballjexball Registered User regular
    I somehow never managed to grab a badge from last year, so here's to hoping I remember to grab it this year :-P

Twitter = JexBall Steam = Jexball Xbox = Jexball
    How will we know if our name is on the Badge? Will there be a list closer to?

@kropotkin will make a list when it is close to pax, and post that list here. If you have participated in this thread, your name will be on the list. Occasionally someone gets left off by accident, but that's a rare occurrence.

zerzhul wrote: »

@kropotkin will make a list when it is close to pax, and post that list here. If you have participated in this thread, your name will be on the list. Occasionally someone gets left off by accident, but that's a rare occurrence.

Good to know! Thanks!

Good to know! Thanks!

The list of names are collated 1 month prior to PAX. It is placed on the OP as well as the final designs for the badge and the list of questions you will get asked at BYOC registration.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    So if someone were to throw in a useless post (like this one) their name would be on the badge?

Man, makes me want to make some horribly punny user names just to post here. Of course, I wouldn't do that.

• Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular

Good to know! Thanks!

The list of names are collated 1 month prior to PAX. It is placed on the OP as well as the final designs for the badge and the list of questions you will get asked at BYOC registration.

Are we using the questions again this year? I remember the first year they were used, Big Red was upset that everyone had printed off the questions and answers, then I'm pretty sure the following 2 years all we did was ask at the BYOC booth and tell the enforcer what our forum names were, he confirmed they are listed on the badges and gave them out ( it helped that we had buttons with our names on them )

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    If you are not attending those events then you can either collect one from me at the Pre PAX table top game night or at the BYOC. If you're at the gaming night, it normally runs at the Sheraton on the Thursday before PAX and I'm the Englishman asking if people are on the forums. Side note; you'd be surprised the amount of scowls I get from people when I ask this, weird...

I wonder if that's because they don't know or if because they do... ;) Also w00t for Pre-PAX Dinner!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Should be a secret hand shake to get forum badges. It should involve a butt wiggle and the words "All Hail Kropotkin"

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07

Good to know! Thanks!

Are we using the questions again this year? I remember the first year they were used, Big Red was upset that everyone had printed off the questions and answers, then I'm pretty sure the following 2 years all we did was ask at the BYOC booth and tell the enforcer what our forum names were, he confirmed they are listed on the badges and gave them out ( it helped that we had buttons with our names on them )

The questions exist to ensure only forum members get the badges. The name on the back of the badge doesn't work as a check, as not everyone on the PAX forums will get their names on the back of the badge, but that does not preclude forum members from getting one. This has been thought through and it was concluded that the only gatekeeper method was via a series of questions. If you have any other ideas then feel free to offer them here.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• irikahirikah Registered User regular
    Gah, it looks awesome/gorgeous/insert superlative. Last years design was great as well, but something about this just really works.

.life.laugh.love.
  • Kuka99Kuka99 Registered User regular
    I really love the font on the back. As we get closer to printing time, will there be a Paypal account (or some other donation mechanism) setup to help offset printing costs for the badges?

PAX Prime '12 3day Pass [x] Airfare [x] Lodging [x]

"Be Excellent to Each Other" -Stephen Toulouse & Bill S. Preston, ESQ
    "I drank What?" -Socrates
    Kuka99 wrote: »
    I really love the font on the back. As we get closer to printing time, will there be a Paypal account (or some other donation mechanism) setup to help offset printing costs for the badges?

No. @kropotkin has always done this as his gift to the community. Buy him a drink at pax ;)

jdarksun wrote: »
    BKAD at BYOC? :D
    Bring Kropotkin a Drink

I'm not sure if @kropotkin actually does BYOC himself. The badges aren't handed out by him at BYOC; the BYOC enforcers have been kind enough to hold on to them and have them available at the BYOC desk since it's a well-manned landmark and the BYOC E's aren't as bogged down most of the time as, say, the infobooth.

• nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    I'm much more of a forum lurker, but couldn't resist posting here. Fantastic idea, Kropotkin.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    I'll be probably picking up mine/ours at the BYOC then. Mainly because we're not getting in until late thursday.

awesome!

Thanks Dude!

I could try picking some up for you or jdark if you forget or somehow miss it.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • SnowRider04SnowRider04 Registered User new member
    I like it! Good work!

• automaticjimautomaticjim Tampa, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Looks good as always

See you at PAX Prime!
    Twitter - Automaticjim
    Steam - Outbreak

If you’re winning, play safe and keep the game clean and simple. If you are losing, take risks and complicate the game.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    B:L wrote: »

awesome!

Thanks Dude!

I could try picking some up for you or jdark if you forget or somehow miss it.

I'll definitely let you know if we can't grab them!

• VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    The badges look awsome!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • ProjektSoulProjektSoul Registered User regular
    I'll be doing the Triwizard this year for sure!! First time I'll actually get to do it officially :D

TheProjektSoul.jpg
  • ProjektSoulProjektSoul Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    BTW the design does look super awesome, nice work on them! :D

EDIT: Sorry for double post, my computer was stupid while posting.

ProjektSoul on

TheProjektSoul.jpg
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I'll be doing the Triwizard this year for sure!! First time I'll actually get to do it officially :D
    Excellent
    More for the slaughter camaraderie!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    I told my boyfriend about the forum badges and he just rolled his eyes at me. ^_^ I can't wait to get my hands on one.

This discussion has been closed.