As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Bucky!

header_image_sm.jpg
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    I think we both know the unfortunate answer to that little query...

Hrm, you're probably right...

I usually am. About just about everything actually.

It's so rare that I show my ugly mug 'round these parts. How come whenever I do, this place seems like a fucking ghost town? Is attendance just plain low these days, or what?? >=\

It's probably because you show up in the middle of the night and post!

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Friday night is the worst night to want a ride home. Everyone is busy! Which means I'll have to gimp my way to the bus stop and then gimp my way 1/4 mile from the stop closest to my house and go to bed and wake up and gimp back in the morning -___- I'm so frustrated and mopey about this stupid kneeeeee

http://youtu.be/0JNsRzET8Zg

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    As soon as I realized what clip that was I lol'ed.

Glad you laughed at it :D

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    A cop wouldn't let me in the place my brother was graduating today because of my backpack. He told me I needed to put it in my car, but I took the bus and I'm also on crutches. Meanwhile there are women walking in no problem despite having GIANT purses the SAME SIZE AS MY BACKPACK. I had to gimp two blocks and meet up with my mom at her car before gimping back.

THIS HASN'T BEEN A VERY GOOD WEEK FOR MEEE

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    A cop wouldn't let me in the place my brother was graduating today because of my backpack. He told me I needed to put it in my car, but I took the bus and I'm also on crutches. Meanwhile there are women walking in no problem despite having GIANT purses the SAME SIZE AS MY BACKPACK. I had to gimp two blocks and meet up with my mom at her car before gimping back.

THIS HASN'T BEEN A VERY GOOD WEEK FOR MEEE

That is very terrible. Did you make his graduation?

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Ahh the girl on crutches with the back pack terrorist routine. It's an old Al Quaeda favourite.

Seriously though, couldn't he just check your backpack for C4 and AK47's?

Well I worked security for the air force academy and its more about time and the fact that everyone is bringing stuff and to get everyone in faster they don't want to check everones bags. I agree with md though, fucking huge ass purses should be treated like any other bag.

I made it on time but had crappy seats. I hadn't thought about offering them to search it until I was almost to my mom's car |:

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    This is pretty fun.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Finally saw Avengers and oh man the Hulk is the best thing.

Also, and I don't know if this is a spoiler or not but regarding Coulson...
    Why do people think he's Vision? I feel like they're really grasping at straws. That or I missed some references.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Michael VoxMichael Vox Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    PierceNeck wrote: »

Also, and I don't know if this is a spoiler or not but regarding Coulson...
    Why do people think he's Vision? I feel like they're really grasping at straws. That or I missed some references.
    Wow, I LOVE that theory!
    I think it would cheapen his death if he's just "okay" (wow, super science is great for chest wounds!), but that would be a unique way of bringing him back. Having said that, I'm skeptical about pulling that character off on the big screen. Especially because you really need to bring in the Scarlett Witch to make him have resonance.

Grifter on
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You guys

this man knows everything there is to know about edges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJjUvCRiais

There's nothing here you don't already know, he just somehow makes it seem like he's an incredibly powerful wizard of paintmancery. He's like a beardless Bacon.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    MD i hope you are better! blar i dont know what is going on with anybody.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    The motion graphics company I emailed about internships got back to me. Gasp!

Michael Vox, you may want to spoiler that. Not everyone has necessarily seen the movie yet...

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Yeah wow, that's pretty spoilery, dude!

Anyway, I also saw Avengers today and I was really surprised at how no single character seemed to hog the spotlight. It was a pretty great ensemble cast!

• TamTam Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Yeah wow, that's pretty spoilery, dude!

Anyway, I also saw Avengers today and I was really surprised at how no single character seemed to hog the spotlight. It was a pretty great ensemble cast!

that was nice!
    Ruffalo was a better Banner than I thought he'd be

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    doubleposting everywhere

Tam on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Man, maybe it's because I've never paid any attention to the Hulk outside of the Ang Lee movie, but I was really surprised with how much I actually cared about the Hulk as a character this time around. It seems like what he was really missing was at least one other interesting character to play off of and hordes of aliens that he could just go nuts on instead of "Here's... another Hulk, except spikey. And the US army, which is established almost immediately as being completely ineffectual/unfathomably lucky".

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I spent way too much time in the office this passed weekend. I didn't get anywhere the amount of rest that I needed.

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    So tired

running on 3 hours of sleep

I need to be better about not doing freelance the night before its due.

@f87 - this is why I like concept art. Im not responsible enough for fulltime illustration

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    I'm so conflicted about that. I think being a full time illustrator could be pretty great, but so would being a concept artist. Concept art would have slightly more job security, right?

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    In case anyone has been out of the loop. Frumph (Phil, the guy who has basically been actually updating and running comicpress dev for the last three years or more) is back in the world and he's got a new dev release of comicpress that will go public in the next week or so, and he's cleaned off all the spam from the comicpress.org forums.

I wish that dude would ask for/take money. I know a lot of us have offered (he's been going through some pretty heinous shit lately) and he deserves a serious paycheck for the work he's put in.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    In case anyone has been out of the loop. Frumph (Phil, the guy who has basically been actually updating and running comicpress dev for the last three years or more) is back in the world and he's got a new dev release of comicpress that will go public in the next week or so, and he's cleaned off all the spam from the comicpress.org forums.

I wish that dude would ask for/take money. I know a lot of us have offered (he's been going through some pretty heinous shit lately) and he deserves a serious paycheck for the work he's put in.

Can't you just donate on the comicpress Web site?

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Man, maybe it's because I've never paid any attention to the Hulk outside of the Ang Lee movie, but I was really surprised with how much I actually cared about the Hulk as a character this time around. It seems like what he was really missing was at least one other interesting character to play off of and hordes of aliens that he could just go nuts on instead of "Here's... another Hulk, except spikey. And the US army, which is established almost immediately as being completely ineffectual/unfathomably lucky".

Man if you liked that the Edward Norton hulk is right up your alley

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    NibCrom wrote: »

Can't you just donate on the comicpress Web site?

It's been a couple years, but one of the problems there is that initially all of that money went to Tyler Martin who originally created ComicPress, even though he hasn't supported it in years. I think at one point Phil got a cut of those profits but I know at another point he put a donation button on his site (frumph.net) to get donations sent straight to him.

Yeah, I've donated to Frumph via his site in the past. He does deserve it -- in addition to his development of stuff he's always excellent about supporting it. Or was before his shit hit the fan, anyway.

header_image_sm.jpg
    Diablo 3 is out tonight!!! WEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWT!

Who all is playing?

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Not me.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    If I had money I would.

steam_sig.png
    ninjai wrote: »
    Diablo 3 is out tonight!!! WEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWT!

Who all is playing?

Not me, I hate what that company stands for, and Diablo III... meh, hack and slash games are so 2005.

• miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I can't wait for d3, I am going to get that soon, I've been playing alot of d2 with my friend to get ready for d3 : D

edited May 2012
    squidbunny wrote: »
    Yeah, I've donated to Frumph via his site in the past. He does deserve it -- in addition to his development of stuff he's always excellent about supporting it. Or was before his shit hit the fan, anyway.

Yeah that post he made last week was fucking mindblowing. I remember talking to him online on chat like four years ago when he helped a BUNCH of webcomics guys and girls get up and running. For a while there Frumph.net was one of the better "webcomic list" sites online too, and he was giving away free hosting to boot.

He really is just a huge fan of webcomics. I know when he started, and up until his hiatus, he was doing a lot of work for free with the understanding that you would draw a guest page for his Anomaly story and a lot of people took that deal.

edit: I told him if he'd just start a kickstarter for his comic easel plugin (which is basically comicpress but you can use it with any wordpress theme so you don't have to design your own from the ground up) he'd probably bankroll himself for a year or two just off the community.

amateurhour on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    F87 wrote: »
    I'm so conflicted about that. I think being a full time illustrator could be pretty great, but so would being a concept artist. Concept art would have slightly more job security, right?

Sort of.

Games are not THE most stable industry, but its definitely more stable than wondering when the random piece of freelance would fall into your lap. Eventually the idea is that you build a stable of various art directors to work with or get an agent who can get you a stable of various art directors to work with. Im not great with the time management aspect of freelance, but at a '9to5' theres kind of a structure for me to fit myself which works for me.

I really want to play D3, but I don't have the money. It's gonna suck because I hate it when my friends are all playing a game that I come into late because I totally get the "you'll never be as good as us because you haven't been playing as long" attitude.

• miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I get sad too when games come out and everyone gets them first and you fall behind, this happened alot to me in wow I was always behind a few levels with no crazy gear, I wish I could afford this at launch, maybe.. ;_____; ::::saves all pennies::: hopely I won't be more than a week or two off : <

I really want to play D3, but I don't have the money. It's gonna suck because I hate it when my friends are all playing a game that I come into late because I totally get the "you'll never be as good as us because you haven't been playing as long" attitude.

Yeah. If I get D3 it is going to be way too late to play with my sister/friends/whatever and at that point I'm not sure I'll get enough out of it to justify the purchase.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I just came back from Denver, where I had my first oxygen deprivation experience! Weird! I felt a little loopy for the first day or two...looking up while outside felt really disorienting, and I had to stare at the ground because I felt lightheaded. Never thought I'd be glad to be breathin' in delicious oxygen-rich sea level Providence air, but there you have it! :D

This discussion has been closed.