As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I am interested to see how many of my theories turn out right.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    As far as the village theories on how Sith took/kept planets, 99% wrong. No fault of your own, though, because there was no way in hell you'd figure out how our galactic control powers work, or even how most of our vigs worked.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    As far as the village theories on how Sith took/kept planets, 99% wrong. No fault of your own, though, because there was no way in hell you'd figure out how our galactic control powers work, or even how most of our vigs worked.
    Yeah, you clearly didnt have full control.like that double mafia kill

steam_sig.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

The saddest day.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

The saddest day.

Yup. Nothing we could do about that. The unknown choices of the village combined with an RNG.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Wait are you guys implying one of your mafia kills was RNG'd every night O_o

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

OOOOooooOOOO

Yep. Well, kind of, actually.

ooooOOOOoooo

Capfalcon on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Oh for FU-!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Many of them, yes. With an added variable.

Seems like the Farangu is strong with this Phalla.

We're about to find out anyways :P

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Honestly it's where I stole the idea to tell everyone I had a possible RNG kill in the current Community mini.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    @fecklessrogue, I was the one who suggested to Assuran to murder you, to avoid awkward questions.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    @fecklessrogue, I was the one who suggested to Assuran to murder you, to avoid awkward questions.
    No matter what game we are playing, you are always a thorn in my side.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Faster Obi, faster!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    fecklessrogue, I was the one who suggested to Assuran to murder you, to avoid awkward questions.
    No matter what game we are playing, you are always a thorn in my side.

At least I died early this game. I am curious if it was because of my lack of substantive posts on Day 1, which was a direct result of my involvement in PHA/LLA.

@AkimboLegs, since I forgot to put that in the last post.

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    It was because after you received a few votes you went really quiet, but you were still active in PHA/LLA, so I assumed it was you laying low after receiving a bit of heat. That didn't seem like how you normally play, so I went for it.

I suggested to Assuran to convert you before the narration, but he needed to kill all Padawans before he could convert a Knight. Based on info that has come out over the course of the game, the conversion might not have taken, anyway?

edited May 2012
    I suggested to Assuran to convert you before the narration, but he needed to kill all Padawans before he could convert a Knight. Based on info that has come out over the course of the game, the conversion might not have taken, anyway?

I suspect specials, masters, and mafia were unconvertable. Masters weren't convertable for sure, and KIME was unconvertable :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    But yeah @obifett, you're going to have to post the design doc and/or spreadsheet for us to have any chance of deciphering what happened

steam_sig.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    DAY 8: Give in to the Power of the Dark Side

Master Travius Starscream looked serene as the machines began to hum signifying that he would soon be put in stasis. The only Jedi remaining in the temple: Knight Placeholderus, Knight Wang Visectamus and Master Ilin Draconis all watched as they put yet another of their own in a state of control and safety. If Starscream was a Sith, they would find out once the Sith were destroyed and he would be dealt with. If he was Jedi, that would be revealed as well.

Knight Wang Visectamus turned to his fellow Jedi, "I have been given a mantle. One that is heavy to carry. The Force has given me the responsibility of being the Future of the Jedi. I need advice fellow knight and master."

Knight Placeholderus spoke first and with the power of the force, "Master Ilin Draconis, what do you think of the Sith? How should this important knight deal with them?"

Master Ilin Draconis responded with righteous vindication, "Kill them all. We have lost so many Jedi. They should pay."

Knight Wang Visectamus, Future of the Jedi struck fast and true, before Draconis could react. Ending the Master's life. "Only the Sith would want revenge."

And then Visectamus looked down, red lighsaber protruding through his own stomach.

And the whisper came from behind him, "No Jedi filth. Only the Sith are victorious."

Saber Amphibious, Hand of the Emperor then walked over and ended the life of all in the stasis chambers. They were all too weak to carry the power of the Force.

Saber Amphibious, Hand of the Emperor and Lord Bobby "The Brain" Heenan saw the welcome sight of Korriban through the shuttle's viewscreen. They would be welcomed home as heroes and given all the power that Sith of their caliber would and should receive. And with the Jedi gone, there would be no one to stand in their way as they conquered every planet in the galaxy. No one would stand against them.

Except their acolytes that would, of course, inevitably betray them.

l3lasphemer69 Master Travius Starscream - Put in stasis by the Order
    matev Master Ilin Draconis - Killed in a duel
    Bedlam Knight Wang Visectamus - Killed by order of the Emperor
    Grunt's Ghosts Knight Vicus Oman - Killed by Mandalorian bounty hunters
    Cayrus Knight Wedge Starkiller - Assassinated while on a mission

SITH EMPIRE IS VICTORIOUS

Sorry that took so long, family emergency.

edited May 2012
    I am really curious as to why Kime was not voted off.

Edit: Also, do not worry about it, Obifett.

Baidol on
    edited May 2012
    Designer thoughts and game reactions:

Pregame – The main thing I want to get out of this phalli is to stimulate player interaction from the very beginning. Every knight/padawan is a soft network. The council is a soft network. Even the SK has a network. Every man is not an island. Conditional powers based on the actions of another person both increase the need for player interaction and give slight clues to mafia. The mini-game should act as a smokescreen for the Sith to hide in. It should be incredibly difficult to actually discern the Sith in the Order from looking at the Galactic Map results. Meditation will also act as a smokescreen at least at the beginning as the Sith are guaranteed to be able to hard counter it. The village will waste a lot of time on both of these mechanics, so they will have essentially two votes.. Village starts at 80% majority in both voting. This gives two voting records to look at (at least for the council, more for the entire playerbase if the council publishes their votes). Also, once the Council is dissolved, everything that happened in the Council will be public knowledge, hopefully giving the village more clues to find the sith.
    Networks should hopefully be set up in the village by day two. Mentor + Sword or just Sword himself can become network head and start gathering knowledge and coordinate. Sword will continue to carry on, so hopefully swords will not be shy about revealing and care less about dying due to the ability to create hard networks with confirmed knight/padawan through mentor. If sith use an unblockable kill on the sword, they will only have one left for either the next sword or the confirmed knight/padawan. This guarantees a rotating and everchanging but publicly verified network head. Putting the weight on everyone’s shoulders at some point in the game.
    Interaction and teamwork are the two main facets of this game along with giving most every player a chance to shine in an important or semi-important role. Hopefully it works.

Day by Day:
    Day 1
    - Lots of interaction and talking. Almost like 20 pages of discussion.
    - Infidel thinks game is broken due to discoverable cover roles through meditate since Sabers cannot emulate it. By design, but not easily discoverable by the village.
    - If village all meditates tonight, they lose ground on planets, but will narrow down the Sabers to 4 of 8 teams. Which means they will narrowed down to 4/16 people. 25%, not much progress from 20% to be honest.
    - Mafia is underpowered. No kills today.
    - SK gets neutered by a really lucky strike on half of the SK team, will hurt kills tomorrow. Ugh.
    - 6 confirmed villagers after one day is bad (Fondor and Hoth missions not interrupted, returned the exact number of points it should have and as was reported.)
    - Council should have been able to vote out their own.
    Day 2
    - Mafia is overpowered on the galactic front. Should have restricted busdriving influence to Coruscant. Should only be allowed to busdrive to neutral or sith controlled planets.
    - Converting a Sith(kime) to SK as chosen by Assuran will break the game, didn’t account for it. Counseled by host-mentor to not allow it. Two options were to kill target or invalidate the choice and have a random padawan selected. Went with the latter. Should have gone with the former like suggested by host-mentor.
    - Village is underpowered. Need access to a reliable seer that doesn’t involve power interaction. By the time Future of the Jedi happens, it might be too late.
    - Council Jedi are waaaay to secretive of their powers. They should have figured out by now that the Sith know pretty much everything at this point. And if Sith on the council didn’t know the powers, the sith would get outed REALLY fast.
    - Council REALLY should have been able to vote out their own.
    - SNT changed his mission order from Coruscant to Alderaan. Originally, this would have prevented the Nal Hutta takeover.
    Day 3
    - WHY are they not trying to create confirmed villagers with Sword + Mentor? Oh, yeah, because Council Members refuse to tell anyone about it. Ugh.
    - I suck at making phallas.
    - Council not being able to vote out their own is negating the succession mechanics. BUT, I just thought of the only real saving grace. No matter what, when the game hits 20 people, there will be at worst (for the village) 8 village on the council + 2SK + 10 mafia. And they will know that the majority of the mafia were not in the council. This creates a voting tie, with the SK voting with the village and kills directed at the village as well. It could be saved closer to the late game. Hopefully.
    - Ugh, Tatooine power should not be unblockable. Sith already have two and the power doesn’t need to be unblockable for the Jedi to use since Sith don’t have guards. (all these unblockable kills for fear of the all the guards which were in place to balance all the unblockable kills were unnecessary and broken)
    - And back to back T_A and INANTP remind me that I suck. Should probably just call this thing because its clearly too complex and not fun. sigh
    - Council Protect should protect against any negative effects. Cloud minds should have been able to be overriden with protect/meditate/support all active as a team.
    Day 4
    - Feels balanced again, wonder if the Sith can keep the kill count high. They do have two guaranteed kills tonight.
    - Made a mistake on the succession math, coming clean to the Council about it. Giving them three options. Should have had a list of 5 after every day posted on their boards.
    - Mafia busdriving from Mojo to Saber, SK busdriving from Saber to Alegis. Wut?
    - Last minute change on Succession lists by Ketbra and SLyM changes the replacement from SeGa(sith) to SNT(jedi). HUGE.
    - Bedlam supporting his Sith Knight (plus planetary points) allows Sith to negate any gains made by the Jedi on Fondor
    - Crush Threat RNGs SNT(who isn’t supported by his padawan for the first time and is also the first choice for Council replacement) causing Assuran (SK) to be placed on the Council!
    - Then Blarney changes the planetary points to Bothuwai (who only had two attacking there) and his Crush Threat target to Bothuwai, allowing the Jedi to take control of Fondor and preventing the SK from entering the Council and SNT from dying. HUGE.
    Day 5
    - Should have narrated the busdrives last night.
    - Might have a hilarious thing happen tonight. Dark Lord might send Assassins from Tatooine to kill his Apprentice, who in turn is going to kill him and anoint a new apprentice. So might have a completely new Dark Lord tomorrow night that isn’t in the SK team right now. Wow.
    - Sith need to realize they don’t have to cloud minds every night. Especially with orders coming down for everyone to go on missions. A redirect tonight would be huge.
    - Figgy wrote a post on the mafia boards that is dead on. Jedi are all going on missions and padawans are all training or challenging, now is the time to strike hard. Mafia could get 7 kills tonight if they all Crush/Assassinate/Fulfill plus their Planet Power. Too bad Blarney won’t be back to change his orders.
    - If Sith focus on killing, they could reliably pull 5-6 kills tonight by themselves. SKs will get two, then two votes, and a village vig, means we could be looking at around 10 kills tonight. That would dissolve the council and really shake things up.
    - Assuran thinks he is done and lets his apprentice take him out. Little did he know that he would have been on the Council the next day and prevented it from dissolving had he not died.
    Day 6
    - Should have been better prepared for the Council dissolve. Didn’t think we would get there today.
    - SK really needs to help the village now.
    - And now we see if the village and pick apart what happened in the Jedi Council to root out the rest of the Sith.
    - Just realized that Bedlam was made the Future of the Jedi after supporting a Sith Saber the whole game.
    Day 7
    - Order of operations should have been vote -> planet stuff/mentor -> vig -> all other powers. Would have given the Jedi a chance to get good meditation results one day if they got a lucky kill on the Lord using Cloud Minds. Would have left “cloudy” out of the meditation PM had I done that.
    - UGH! Computer just crashed and since I was working off an autosave, I lost all of yesterdays inputted data.
    - Kime figures out how the SK team works and gets punished with the vote
    - Jedi think the kill is on Hutta, that might decide the game
    - Everyone is voting for kime, no one has a good reason. Really wish he was Jedi to teach them to have good reasons
    - Figgy gets figured out because he is not being himself and being too quiet.
    - Warban looks so bad in every one of his posts. If I were playing I would be convinced that warban is sith
    - Jedi win this tomorrow
    - Lol, both sides busdrove to warban
    - Sith change their unblockable kill at the last minute off Bedlam, which would have left the village with only the vote. That might have cost them the game.
    Day 8
    - Vote out kime day one in every phalla ever for always

Post game will be posted tonight or tomorrow morning.

ObiFett on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HdVD3ulnk

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Hail Hydra
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Whoo!

Proboard is here, but Infidel was the only mod, so he's gotta unlock it.

EDIT: Unlocked now.

Capfalcon on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I am really curious as to why Kime was not voted off.

Edit: Also, do not worry about it, Obifett.

because the village wasn't thinking very hard

or they got in "look at all those words he's posting! he must be good!" mode

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Tee hee hee hee

Totally evil :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I will post the roles in about 30 minutes or so.

Also will post a link to spreadsheet, back to helping family right now.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    FWIW ObiFett - I know it's a bit late for you to not feel like that - I was never actually attempting to criticize you, just to channel the voice of the character I was playing, casting you as Lucas as a result. Obviously I didn't do that as well as I could have, since not only did you feel bummed but I obfuscated some of the points I was trying to make too much by trying to make it fit the theme of my posts. A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR MYSELF!

liEt3nH.png
    I.....I should've stuck with Kime.....

I'm going to go home and rethink my life.

Hail Hydra
    Cannot believe we won that. I thought we were done for sure. Had a lot of fun, Obi! Thanks for running this.

And for the record, I was quiet at the end because I was busy. I just happened to also be mafia :P

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Damnit. KIMMEEEEEE

http://gametheorysk.proboards.com

Basically just my SK diary, constant paranoid speculation on who's going to kill/seer me and how, some miscellaneous plotting, bemoaning being converted, making fun of people, good stuff. Decent enough day titles if I say so myself.

And for the record, I was quiet at the end because I was busy. I just happened to also be mafia :P

Yeah, but busy people who are mafia are usually quieter than equally busy people who are not :P

A very ambitious first game, that I think worked really well, if not quite as intended.

Thanks a ton, Obi. I had a blast!

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Yes. You all failed me. Very disappointed. Kime plays disinterest the whole game and comes back at the end to win it. I'm disappointed in the village after the S-K gave you the game. The whole lot of you are grudged you bad bad players.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    warban wrote: »
    Yes. You all failed me. Very disappointed. Kime plays disinterest the whole game and comes back at the end to win it. I'm disappointed in the village after the S-K gave you the game. The whole lot of you are grudged you bad bad players.

We will add them to our grudge list of bad players from PHA/LLA.

Also, Rawwking, your response to being converted to such an awesome role was the wrong one.

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    - Lol, both sides busdrove to warban

I don't want to play with you noobs anymore. :P

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!