As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    I just came back from Denver, where I had my first oxygen deprivation experience! Weird! I felt a little loopy for the first day or two...looking up while outside felt really disorienting, and I had to stare at the ground because I felt lightheaded. Never thought I'd be glad to be breathin' in delicious oxygen-rich sea level Providence air, but there you have it! :D

you get used to it... takes a month or so tho. definitely saw why people say if you dont like the weather in denver, wait a minute.

highs for the last few days thr 81 fri 55 sat 48 sun 59 mon 71 tues 82

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Increased red blood cell count, right? Apparently, the Bills have been a strong team for years because other teams have trouble playing at their field due to the altitude and they do well at sea level because of altitude training.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    you get used to it... takes a month or so tho. definitely saw why people say if you dont like the weather in denver, wait a minute.

highs for the last few days thr 81 fri 55 sat 48 sun 59 mon 71 tues 82

haha yep...I was there since wednesday night :P...experienced almost all of that!

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Im not great with the time management aspect of freelance, but at a '9to5' theres kind of a structure for me to fit myself which works for me.

Word. When I did freelance stuff for a little bit I really hated having no separation between work space/time and personal space/time. Even now when I'm at a fulltime gig I do everything I can to avoid doing any 'work from home' work- I'd much rather come in to an empty office on the weekend than try to do the same work at home.

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    Im not great with the time management aspect of freelance, but at a '9to5' theres kind of a structure for me to fit myself which works for me.

Word. When I did freelance stuff for a little bit I really hated having no separation between work space/time and personal space/time. Even now when I'm at a fulltime gig I do everything I can to avoid doing any 'work from home' work- I'd much rather come in to an empty office on the weekend than try to do the same work at home.

There was a study done about productivity in a self-management/employment environment vs an office environment with 15 people in each group, productivity went down 17% or something like that with the self-managed individuals than when they worked in a structured environment.

It sucks because I perform better on my own :(

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular

Yeah, this is definitely the problem I'm trying to fix with my current schedule. Having to pull 3 consecutive all-nighters because of constant distractions at home is not fun, and you never really feel like you're off the clock.

I tried setting up a separate windows login for work purposes, so when I log in I can definitively say "alright, for the next X hours, it's business time", but trying to sync up your iTunes playlist, and your browser, and your tablet preferences, it's just a mess that ends up creating more problems than it solves.

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    My desk for arting is in a different room from my computer. If I want music I wear headphones and use my iPod or phone. It definitely helps, but then again, I only work traditionally now. (:

30 minutes til diablo 3 :D

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Aw Jennifer! I'm in Denver, next time you're here lemme know, I know all the places to get the really good oxygen deprivation experiences. That goes for anyone, whenever you come to denver, hit me up and I'd be more than down to meetup for a drink, some food, or just a nice hangout sesh.

Prospicience on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    The only way I can maintain any sort of concentration is with music blaring down my earbuds. I'm all ADD without it.

I actually tell my boss to shut up and not bother me if he wants stuff done, so I can listen to music and power through piles of boring shit.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's basically me, though if its a problem that requires actual cognitive though beyond just "what color would be pretty", I need to shut everything down and just start muttering to myself in silence while jotting notes.

• bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    yeah it's a balance for me. I need distraction for the mundane "brain off" stuff, but if I have to read a set of instruction i want silence.

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    My little sis is hurt bad :(

• miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    sea level is best I think, I could never live in high altitudes, though sometimes I have to : ( I really love the music when I am working on projects, usually RPG music, I think I love it too much <3

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Godfather wrote: »
    My little sis is hurt bad :(

What happened?

steam_sig.png
    She might have full body paralysis

Jesus that's terrible! Did she get in a car accident or something? When did this happen?

steam_sig.png
    She woke up yesterday with both arms numb and severe pain in her spine. Doctors still aren't sure what's up yet.

Man that's awful, I can't even pretend to relate. I don't know what I'd do if that were my sister. I hope she recovers!

steam_sig.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    That's horrible Godfather, I hope she recovers as well.

are YOU on the beer list?
    Holy fuck Godfather that is terrible. Hopefully it's just something pressing against her spinal cord that can be removed/treated.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Jesus... hopefully what ever is wrong is treatable... or something that works itself out.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    Oh man, I don't even... My thoughts and prayers are with you Godfather.

• ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    Fortunately I work a 9-5 for the man, but I'm trying to figure out a good way to get myself to do more self scheduled projects in my off time without it degenerating into gaming or internet time. Since I recently got the macbook though I'm thinking the best way might be to keep all my gaming and music stuff on the PC and leave this as free from distraction as I can.

Also Godfather, my thoughts are with your sister and your family. I really hope everything works out and whatever is causing it is treatable.

Spinal lesion. Disease unknown

Just gotta prey the lesion is benign and that it hasn't caused any permanent damage. I'll be thinking of you man.

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    Godfather i hope everything works out okay. Hang in there bro.

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Homesick. Not liking this nomadic lifestyle. I miss my friends, family, and pets. And while im at it a stable relationship would be nice. Which is near impossible when you move every 3 months.

And i cant think of anything to draw. I want to draw comics but all i can think of is comics about being lonely and sad :(

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    @Godfather: I hope your sis recovers, that's awful.

• bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    Godfather, I hope your sister feels better.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Oh geez, Godfather that's really awful. It sounds like she's in good hands, hopefully it's a temporary thing.

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    COME ON MEDICAL SCIENCE

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Really hope your sister fully recovers Godfather.

• meowmixmeowmix Registered User regular
    Hope you get some good news soon, Godfather.

Hope things work out.

Also, today is the anniversary of Jim Henson's death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmSHdMoKvNg

Massaging my lil sis' arm so she knows she can feel <3

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Really sorry to hear that. :( I hope she recovers.

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    My dog might be dying and I'm not home to be there with her :(

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
    edited May 2012
    Sorry to hear that, mate.

Looks like we have a bit of a scuffle forming up on that Keep Calm thread. While I agree that there should be good constructive critique going on, I would probably agree with Mustang on the opinion that the poster is rather uninspired. I'm pretty sure that there is a D&D version of the design out there already on a t-shirt.

http://mydnd.tumblr.com/post/17604084537/mana-junkie-keep-calm-and-roll-initiative

Quick google image search shows I'm right.

In any case, if you guys want to squabble about how critiques in that thread should go then keep it in the chat thread.

Grifter on
  • NicNic Registered User regular
    Heh, well the fact that it's been done almost word for word before doesn't really change my point about mustang's criticism, but maybe I just misinterpreted him. My thing is that if you don't like the way someone's done something, make a suggestion, otherwise your post only serves to either confuse or discourage someone who's looking for feedback they can use.

This discussion has been closed.