As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 5/16/12: Blind Man on a Sky Sled Punching Buttons

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Graphic Violence
Daredevil #13, the real end to the Omega Drive story, at least it seems....

daredevil3-13a.jpg

daredevil3-13c.jpg

daredevil3-13d.jpg

But Matt is actually in Lateveria and that was a hologram, and you're all lolowhut? But it played it the way a comic cliffhanger should.

Manhattan Projects #3, the world's first AI is not what you would think, plus Whale and Dolphin weren't the real pilots of the Enola Gay:

manhattanprojects3b.jpg

manhattanprojects3c.jpg

manhattanprojects3d.jpg

manhattanprojects3e.jpg

Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventure #2, Robo teams up with Team Fortress characters for hijinks and betrayal:

atomicroborsa2a.jpg

atomicroborsa2b.jpg

Boom.

atomicroborsa2c.jpg

And finally, Thunderbolts #174 ends this part of Parker's run with a sad face :(

The time stream got all wonky with Fixer killing his younger self, only one solution:

thunderbolts174b.jpg

thunderbolts174c.jpg

thunderbolts174d.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    HOLY SHIT TEAM FORTRESS CROSSOVER WITH ATOMIC ROBO WHAT

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    And the return of the Yonkers Devil to boot. Love that critter.

I booted up my comixology to look up the other B story it was in but it was only in the print volume, bleh.

I guess that's the one bummer thing about having grabbed the Robo trades, some of those B stories are being repeated for Real Science Adventures. At least it only seems to be 1 per issue, and it does give those who never bought the trades a chance to see some of those stories.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Saga #3, Prince Robot's interrogation turns sour pretty quick
    SE1Pe.jpg

qCg8A.jpg

CjTqv.jpg

Fantastic Four #605.1 tells the story of one of the infinity gauntlet wearing Reed's on the council. Thanos aint got anything on Reed apparently.
    P8MXw.jpg

xgo8g.jpg

Venom #18, Venom vs Toxin, Round 1! (also another hint about the symbiote event thing), really like that compromise of Toxin which is esentially giving all the people who didnt like the current Venom their "90s" venom back.
    Ou6jG.jpg

Sh6gu.jpg

Justice League #9, Barry tries to play "bad cop" for once.
    ZPrkP.jpg

zsxrT.jpg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Aw man, I love Prince Robot. I think he's my favorite character in Saga.

My MOTW is from Justice League.
    Bruce kept the letter from Flashpoint
    JusticeLeague_9_TheGroup_010.jpg

Tairu on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Saga is good then? I heard not good things after the first issue.

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Saga is wonderful. Probably my pick for best comic out right now, including the first issue.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »

I didn't read the Flashpoint (though know the general beats). What does the letter say?

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Tairu wrote: »

I didn't read the Flashpoint (though know the general beats). What does the letter say?
    Dear Son,

Theres only one thing I know about life. I know some things happen by chance. And some things happen because we make them happen. Barry Allen was once haunted by the past. But when he became the Flash, he left his ghosts behind. He found love. A family. And for the first time ever, friends. Barry thought yesterday was finally behind him, but somebody wouldn't let him escape it. When Barry came to me for help, I turned him away. I'm not the hero of this story. I'm a man who's been corrupted by his own unbearable pain. I'm a man who has too much blood on his hands to be called good. I'm a man who had nothing left to live for- until the day I met the Flash.

Love always,
    your father
    Thomas

Thats just going off the narration from the first issue. It's... a little weird to write a letter to your dead son about how much you love the Flash.
    It's probably a good thing you never see the letter in it's entirety.

Tairu on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    JyrenB wrote: »
    Saga is wonderful. Probably my pick for best comic out right now, including the first issue.

Yeah, I'm loving it. The world that Vaughan is building, is a terrific amount of fun.

Speaking of fun Image books;

Danger Club #2; Yoshimi battles the [green and blue] robots!
    N5XNs.jpg

givbZ.jpg

I'm not sure why I'm such a fan of seeing bulky, antiquated robots, smacking the shit out of slick, Neon Genesis Evangelion robots. But, I am.

I gave a glowing review to this book when the first issue came out, and my opinion still hasn't changed. Bar none, it's one of the most surprising superhero books on the shelf. It cleverly plays with genre conventions, while also setting up some really interesting stuff for the future. Add in some likeable characters, nice art, and sharp dialogue, and you've got a really entertaining comic.

Glory #26; Glory attempts to mold Riley into a warrior, and it doesn't go so well.
    y68tf.jpg

Between the titular protagonist being critically injured, and the third issue being a glimpse at a possible, distant future, this book's been on something of a slow burn. But, it looks like things are about to get rather explosive, as the issue ends with the demonic forces of Glory's father, arriving on Earth, apparently looking for a fight. Ross Campbell's art is still great, and Keatinge is proving himself really adept at ending each issue on a cliffhanger, that leaves you wanting to read more.

Dancer #1; a retired assassin is forced back into his old life, when he and his girlfriend are confronted by law enforcement, and attacked by a sniper.
    LTanB.jpg

A bit of a slow issue, as it spends a few pages introducing you to the characters, and several more on a chase scene. But, Nic Klein's art is gorgeous, and Edmondson can sure write a smart action caper. Already, he has me wrapped up in the chemistry between his two leads. The issue even ends with a weird, sci-fi twist, to what had been a straightforward spy/espionage book, up to that point.

Munch on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    my lcs was sold out of blue beetle #9 by the time i got there, only 1 hour after they opened.

either they order very few blue beetle issues or there are a lot more green lantern fans in this area than i knew of.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Nightwing edges out AvX for my motw.
    photo.png
    Hooray I can finally post images of comics now like a big boy! :D

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Gotta be Venom for my MOTW.
    Flash finally reveals himself as Venom to Betty. I'm hoping this will help to heal things between them.

I'm tired of seeing the poor guy get beaten down again and again by life. Time for things to start getting better.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Gotta be Venom for my MOTW.
    Flash finally reveals himself as Venom to Betty. I'm hoping this will help to heal things between them.

I'm tired of seeing the poor guy get beaten down again and again by life. Time for things to start getting better.

I hear that

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote: »
    Saga is good then? I heard not good things after the first issue.
    JyrenB wrote: »

Saga is so great.

The dialogue, the world building: all great.

The art: stunning.

Fiona Staples command of expression: absolutely mesmerizing. I can't think of anyone who does it better. She puts most everyone else to shame.

I saw Danger Club, but passed it over. It looks real pretty, but I don't know anything about it and the dialogue in the scans here does little to move me.

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    I really liked the beer trap in AvX, till I realized that there aren't polar bears in Antarctica. Then I remember Marvel Antartica has dinosaurs, and I just felt silly.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Captain America is just a big litterbug, he kicked a polar bear out of a quinjet a few days earlier.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I saw Danger Club, but passed it over. It looks real pretty, but I don't know anything about it and the dialogue in the scans here does little to move me.

The basic plot is that, when all of Earth's heroes go into space for their requisite summer crossover event, they all go missing, and are presumed dead. That leaves their sidekicks to pick up their slack, and protect the world.

But, kids being kids, they make a mess of it. Heroes and villains switch sides, some people go power-mad, and everyone forgets that there's still some horrible cosmic force, bearing down on the Earth. That's where the series picks up, with the book's Robin stand-in doing what he can to bring all the sidekicks together, and form an army that can succeed, where the older heroes failed.

It's a very genre savvy book, so I could see it turning some people off, if they're not superhero fans.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah I second Danger Club being really great and self-aware

the closest thing I can compare it to is the first volume of Invincible.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    danger club eh?

I could dig a trade of that

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmmm ill have to see if my lcs had the first two issues if danger club in

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah I second Danger Club being really great and self-aware

the closest thing I can compare it to is the first volume of Invincible.

I dunno. It almost sounds like an updated Bratpack.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    Not really

it isn't a satire. It is just aware of genre tropes and messes around with them a bit. It has some funny moments and snappy dialogue but it is telling a serious, interesting plot.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I've been putting off buying Daredevil for awhile now but the teaser images on comixology forced my hand.

Daredevil #13 = Really good stuff.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Hahaha, friend sent me this panel from Incredible Hulk 7.1
    NtHPa.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Jason Aaron's weird obsession with that villain is one of my favorite things

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Oh man, the Orb is still around? That is fantastic.

• Options
    Let's see

Aaron has put him in:
    Ghost Rider
    Wolverine
    Incredible Hulk
    Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine

I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up in WatXM at some point

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I hope so

the Orb is great

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The Orb : Jason Aaron :: Gorilla Man : Jeff Parker

Interesting

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg