As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Heroes - Volume 1: Origins

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zoolander wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    !Vote to arrest Seriously because shut up seriously

Wrong color. Try red instead.
    i realized after i posted but i'm jailed so i can't edit D:

That's why I quoted it and changed it for you.
    its like you read his mind

It's a short book.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmmmm... I love the smell of a fresh phalla.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • DasHanselHMDasHanselHM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Okay, because I'm leaving soon I'll !vote tossrock he is smarter than that

DasHanselHM on
    edited July 2007
    PotU wrote: »

WHO DOESN'T?

Drez on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    oh god i have no idea whats going on

who is sylar

Kovak on
    edited July 2007

WHO DOESN'T?

Sylar.

Communists, and Sylar.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
    edited July 2007

WHO DOESN'T?

Sylar.

Communists, and Sylar.

Did you even watch the show? Sylar totally looks like the "fresh Phalla liker" type.

Drez on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    huag huag voting for me because shut up seriously

Man I am totally reevaluating protecting you from the wolves.

Seriously on
  • Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !Retract vote for Serious

]!Vote for Tossrock

Carl with a K on
    edited July 2007
    everyone is sylar

Kovak on
    edited July 2007

WHO DOESN'T?

Sylar.

Communists, and Sylar.

Did you even watch the show? Sylar totally looks like the "fresh Phalla liker" type.

They don't even show it here yet.

It starts next month, I guess.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
    edited July 2007
    !Vote for Tossrock

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Man I hope he's evil, otherwise I'll feel bad about him getting killed so early, especially since it wasn't his fault in the last game.

Drez on
  • ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    we should hit low-activity peeps with a vengeance

Zoolander on
  • DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What the hell, bandwagon!

!retract Green
    !vote Tossrock.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • ShenanigansShenanigans Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have really bad food poisoning and it's causing me to shit out my organs (not literally).

I may or may not go to the hospital. If I don't vote, it's because I'm in the hospital.

If I'm not here tomorrow, it's because I'll be in the hospital.

Shenanigans on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have really bad food poisoning and it's causing me to shit out my organs (not literally).

I may or may not go to the hospital. If I don't vote, it's because I'm in the hospital.

Food poisoning sucks. Both times I've gotten it it's been of the "throw up every 8 minutes like clockwork for an entire day" variety.

Good luck, feel better.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
    edited July 2007

That sucks. Sorry. :(

Drez on
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    so has Toss ever made it past day 2 in an SE PHALLA?

the wook on
    edited July 2007
    OK, here are some guesses, considering the Heroes show and characters and how they might translate into Phalla roles and mechanics. I bet:

- We have multiple good vigilantes...two or three.

- I bet Sylar starts off with one kill and can assimilate more kills if he targets the vigilantes, gaining more kills throughout the course of the game. If this is true then for balancing reasons, I'm betting that gives us three good guy vigilantes who should stay as hidden as possible if it lets Sylar grow in power by killing you.

- I bet both the good guys and bad guys have a seer. The good guys probably have a normal seer and the bad guys probably have a seer that can either sniff for Sylar or maybe the Invisible Man? I dunno. Our seer is probably either Mohinder or maybe Issac who can sorta be jury rigged into a plausible seer role. Parkman would make the most likely seer for the bad guys. Maybe they have two: one to hunt for Sylar and the other for the Invisible Man? I dunno.

- I bet the Haitian is one of the bad guys and can suppress a single target's power per night.

All maybes, but I think these are plausible possibilities.

Drez on
    edited July 2007
    I think Parkman and Isaac might both be seers of a kind.

What about Peter? Shouldn't his power grow as he comes in to contact with good specials?

Six on
    edited July 2007
    Six wrote: »

What about Peter? Shouldn't his power grow as he comes in to contact with good specials?

Forgot about him: it's possible he's a semi-seer of Good/Bad affiliation and can network with Good specials and assume their powers? But he can only use one per night? Maybe? So like if he hooks up with a Guardian and a Vigilante he can choose to use one of those powers each night. Maybe only while the characters originally possessing the power are alive?

Drez on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh, I just figured the whole backstory was just to keep it interesting, I didn't know it had actual logical relevance to the game.

Javen on
    edited July 2007

Forgot about him: it's possible he's a semi-seer of Good/Bad affiliation and can network with Good specials and assume their powers? But he can only use one per night? Maybe? So like if he hooks up with a Guardian and a Vigilante he can choose to use one of those powers each night. Maybe only while the characters originally possessing the power is alive?

it would be rad if peter started out as a seer the first night and then used the power of whoever he targeted the next night, so on and so forth until he finds a normal human when he then reverts to being a seer.

the wook on
    edited July 2007
    so how does voting work

does the guy with the most votes get out of game

is it only one

Kovak on
    edited July 2007

Forgot about him: it's possible he's a semi-seer of Good/Bad affiliation and can network with Good specials and assume their powers? But he can only use one per night? Maybe?

Hmm, that sounds plausible.

I wonder what specials the company will have since there's a lot of grey area in the show as far as who's good and who's bad. Candace will be bad, certainly, but I wonder how her power would work in the game. Maybe as another seer?

What about Claire? She's not really a guardian - I wonder how she can die? Maybe she can only die by Sylar?

Six on
    edited July 2007
    the wook wrote: »

Forgot about him: it's possible he's a semi-seer of Good/Bad affiliation and can network with Good specials and assume their powers? But he can only use one per night? Maybe? So like if he hooks up with a Guardian and a Vigilante he can choose to use one of those powers each night. Maybe only while the characters originally possessing the power is alive?

it would be rad if peter started out as a seer the first night and then used the power of whoever he targeted the next night, so on and so forth until he finds a normal human when he then reverts to being a seer.

Maybe Peter can only use one power per night until he seers the invisible man, at which point he can do everything?

Six on
    edited July 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Oh, I just figured the whole backstory was just to keep it interesting, I didn't know it had actual logical relevance to the game.

It may not, but it wouldn't really HURT to work this way: I mean, knowing the backstory doesn't put someone at an unfair advantage nor does not knowing the backstory put someone at an unfair disadvantage. I mean my speculation doesn't really help until we figure out who is who and see how things roll for a few nights and it may not even help then.

the wook: Yeah, that would be cool.

Kovak: Yes, whoever gets the most votes in one night is ejected from the game. Thing Big Brother.

Drez on
    edited July 2007

Maybe Peter can only use one power per night until he does something from some part of the show I haven't seen yet

yeah i guess that's possible

the wook on
    edited July 2007

Forgot about him: it's possible he's a semi-seer of Good/Bad affiliation and can network with Good specials and assume their powers? But he can only use one per night? Maybe?

I wonder what specials the company will have since there's a lot of grey area in the show as far as who's good and who's bad. Candace will be bad, certainly, but I wonder how her power would work in the game. Maybe as another seer?

What about Claire? She's not really a guardian - I wonder how she can die? Maybe she can only die by Sylar?

I'm thinking that only Sylar can kill her. Otherwise she's dead weight that the bad guys can't touch.

Of course, a Guardian role is still plausible - she could jump in front of others and take bullets for them or some shit. Maybe a non-Sylar Guardian. Like, she can Guard people from bad guy kills, but NOT from Sylar, and ONLY Sylar can kill her.

Drez on
    edited July 2007
    The backstory just sets the framework for the roles. Since we don't know the roles and exactly how they work yet we can only speculate.

Six on
    edited July 2007
    Maybe spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler?

Anyone think that's plausible?

Drez on
    edited July 2007

I'm thinking that only Sylar can kill her. Otherwise she's dead weight that the bad guys can't touch.

Of course, a Guardian role is still plausible - she could jump in front of others and take bullets for them or some shit. Maybe a non-Sylar Guardian. Like, she can Guard people from bad guy kills, but NOT from Sylar, and ONLY Sylar can kill her.

It would be cool of Peter's vulnerable until he links up with Claire, at which point only Sylar can kill him.

Six on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Maybe spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler?

Dude edit that shit out.

Seriously on
    edited July 2007

or guard against everybody but guarding against sylar will kill her instead of the target.

in addition to sylar being able to kill her directly

the wook on
    edited July 2007
    Seriously wrote: »

Dude edit that shit out.

Too many spoilers? Dammit.

Drez on
    edited July 2007
    Javen wrote: »

while it would be truer to storyline to have Peter act that way, I don't know how such a variable mechanic like that would affect the balance of the game.

also i've spent too much time reading the balance thread in ODaM

the wook on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh shit, 7 pages already, I better start reading. Also do these posts go towards our post count for the day or does that not start till tonight?

M.D. on
    edited July 2007

while it would be truer to storyline to have Peter act that way, I don't know how such a variable mechanic like that would affect the balance of the game.

also i've spent too much time reading the balance thread in ODaM

I think it's possible to have one super Good Guy to balance out the one super Bad Guy. It really wouldn't be too unbalancing, if I'm right about Sylar, to have Peter assimilate powers and have to choose one of them each night. Or, to assume one power after another in succession per night.

Drez on
    edited July 2007
    Oh shit, 7 pages already, I better start reading. Also do these posts go towards our post count for the day or does that not start till tonight?

uh i think round 1 ends tonight

the wook on
This discussion has been closed.