As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Heroes - Volume 1: Origins

• Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »
    I think I'm more interested in the people who were posting a lot last game but not so much this game.

Unfortunately that will be me, because I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I'll only have time to vote in the evening.

Well the fact that you let us know about it before hand excuses you quite a bit, honestly.

Last game I was considered suspicious by the good guys for not posting a whole bunch after I repeatidly explained that I had been at the doctor's office and was dealing with the ramifications of the diagnosis.

People don't pay that much attention always.

god it's always your colon

wah wah i can't eat food

wah wah i crap blood

wah wah i weigh less than a newborn

wah wah the dog ate my colon

get some new material

gosh

the wook on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think I'm more interested in the people who were posting a lot last game but not so much this game.

Unfortunately that will be me, because I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I'll only have time to vote in the evening.

Well the fact that you let us know about it before hand excuses you quite a bit, honestly.

Last game I was considered suspicious by the good guys for not posting a whole bunch after I repeatidly explained that I had been at the doctor's office and was dealing with the ramifications of the diagnosis.

Well, okay, yeah, not always. Sorry Munkus. But when I notice these things, I do try and remember them.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bogey wrote: »
    Posting might be light today because people thought that this game would originally start today and end tomorrow, but it got moved forward. Also, it's Sunday so cut people some slack, Jack.

And I'm about to go help put up some crown molding up at my parent's house.

And, unfortunately, the only solid lead I see right now is either A: Tossrock for the shenanigans or B: Drez for stirring up the bandwagon juices so fast.

So it's my fault that people jump on my words and vote for Tossrock? I'll requote my original post so people can stop mischaracterizing it:
    Drez wrote: »
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Wait so uh

What's the win condition for the good guys?

Why, it says right here in this good guy PM. I'm sorry, did you not get one?

I was just goin' by what's in the thread

I haven't even read my PMs yet

I should probably turn notifications back on, come to think of it

Bzzt.

!vote Tossrock

You're a smart guy. That you came here and posted before checking your PMs to see your role is unfathomable. How would you even know you're a good guy?

I think you just outed yourself, my friend.

real_pochacco was the first person to point it out, not me.

And nowhere in that post did I say "hey guys! Let's kill Tossrock."

Everyone should go with their own instincts. Obviously, I'm not the only person to suspect Tossrock based on what he said and I wasn't the first person to state it either. If other people independently come to the same conclusion as me, that really isn't my fault. I'm not stirring up anything.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm surprised people are casting votes already at all, considering we have no idea what roles there even are. Last time we at least had a concrete list of the good guy specials, even if we didn't know who was who. I don't want to be the one who votes out the guardian by accident...

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    ShenanigansShenanigans Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bogey wrote: »
    Posting might be light today because people thought that this game would originally start today and end tomorrow, but it got moved forward. Also, it's Sunday so cut people some slack, Jack.

And I'm about to go help put up some crown molding up at my parent's house.

And, unfortunately, the only solid lead I see right now is either A: Tossrock for the shenanigans or B: Drez for stirring up the bandwagon juices so fast.

What did I do?

Good news, I'm not in the hospital. I do however feel like I just shit a house.

I got stoned last night which made me feel a lot better. But then I was foolish enough to eat pasta and it absolutely decimated my system this morning.

Yeesh.

Shenanigans on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd list the specials for you but I don't want to write an essay. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    I'm surprised people are casting votes already at all, considering we have no idea what roles there even are. Last time we at least had a concrete list of the good guy specials, even if we didn't know who was who. I don't want to be the one who votes out the guardian by accident...
    This is an SE Phalla.

It's tradition that we lose most of our good-guy specials in the first few rounds. :P

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yeah but we know the general roles that are used for Phalla. We know that there's bad guys, we know that there could be a guardian, a seer, a vigilante, and so on.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lol, hopefully in this we'll at least know who each person was when they died. In the space phalla we just finished in D&D, not only did we not know about how many enemies there were, but we were only told how many enemies and specials died each round.

Admit it--you loved it. Like a series of dates ending with either a kiss or a kick to the groin.

Sometimes both.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yeah but we know the general roles that are used for Phalla. We know that there's bad guys, we know that there could be a guardian, a seer, a vigilante, and so on.

I guess we'll see in tonight's narration how many of each there might be.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'll say this.

There are at least a few of the 'standard' special types; that is, a vigilante, seer, and guardian.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

I swung the mobvote to kill PotU while he was out drinking because I knew he couldn't stop me.

Haha, yeah...

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

And this is exactly why I, personally, would rather vote for someone who exhibits even the slightest bit of non-good guy behavior over someone that doesn't. Fact is, someone has to die by public vote on Day One, and given the lack of information, there's a good chance the person we kill will be an innocent. Statistically, that's the truth, and being a Sunday at least 1/3 of the people haven't even posted yet.

As for my vote, I would rather not vote for Tossrock even if he IS evil because of what happened in the last Phalla when he was killed without being guarded. I mean, it'd be fine if we took out some other evil people and gave him a couple of days of life. But, the truth is, you said it yourself: we don't know much of anything. So I'd rather not vote randomly and possibly get a special killed when there's even 1% suspicion of someone specific over other people.

:(

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'll say this.

There are at least a few of the 'standard' special types; that is, a vigilante, seer, and guardian.

Is Spider-Man in this game? I'm just curious if you're doing a Marvel crossover.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I kind of hope that Wiggin doesn't die tonight because I feel bad for him but I also kind of hope he does because it's tragically funny.

Shenanigans on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm afraid no one here has spider-powers.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Everyone should go with their own instincts. Obviously, I'm not the only person to suspect Tossrock based on what he said and I wasn't the first person to state it either. If other people independently come to the same conclusion as me, that really isn't my fault. I'm not stirring up anything.

I'm sure you know that anyone making any kind of argument on the first day, as long as the post is long enough, is plenty to start a bandwagon with. You didn't say "Kill Tossrock", but you knew what was going to happen. If you had "plenty of doubts" why did you even start it off in the first place? Again, it's retarded to accuse people this early, but it's easy to imagine you with an agenda to push, and using the influence you've retained with the players (consciously or not) to do so.

I've explained myself as fully as I can and I did in the first post after pochaccos. I turned notifications off back during my days as Amyrlin and read the thread as soon as I saw it, acting of what I saw therein. That's it. And by calling me smart you're giving me way too much credit.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Killing Wiggin over and over and over on Day One is rather mean.

Of course he's not even participating right now, so...

It's very hard to avoid being a little mean on Day One. Most Phallas frown about vote abstention and so you are pretty much forced to vote. Sometimes you can get away with it if a Phalla starts on a weekend, but it's usually a bad idea to outright refrain from voting. Then again, sometimes it's a bad idea to vote for someone on Day One too.

Day One is usually just unpleasant no matter what. Nobody wants to be voted out on Day One and usually nobody wants to be the one voting someone out on Day One, mean-spirited grudges aside.

Drez on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin dying on the first night is kinda funny, he gets really upset about it though.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm sure you know that anyone making any kind of argument on the first day, as long as the post is long enough, is plenty to start a bandwagon with. You didn't say "Kill Tossrock", but you knew what was going to happen. If you had "plenty of doubts" why did you even start it off in the first place? Again, it's retarded to accuse people this early, but it's easy to imagine you with an agenda to push, and using the influence you've retained with the players (consciously or not) to do so.

I've explained myself as fully as I can and I did in the first post after pochaccos. I turned notifications off back during my days as Amyrlin and read the thread as soon as I saw it, acting of what I saw therein. That's it. And by calling me smart you're giving me way too much credit.

Oh well. I'm not going to apologize for other people following a lead I never intended to start. Anyway, most of them have retracted their votes, and I don't really care either way. People should just vote with their own instincts. My Day One instincts have never been very solid.

Drez on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I for one am not posting much because I just got up about 40 minutes ago.

Also, I am confused as hell about what roles are out there.

Don't Phallas always have a description of roles at the beginning?

This one doesn't seem terribly well-planned to me.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    There are five to eight baddies.
    There are three to four seers, with different powers.
    There are not yet any guardians.
    There is at least one vigilante.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    naporeon wrote: »

No, a lot of Phallas don't post role descriptions. In fact, only a few Phallas I've participated in present all the role descriptions right away.

And that last line is an extremely rude comment when very little is yet known about the mechanics which are purposefully hidden by Hylianbunny.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's fine. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

No, a lot of Phallas don't post role descriptions. In fact, only a few Phallas I've participated in present all the role descriptions right away.

And that last line is an extremely rude comment when very little is yet known about the mechanics which are purposefully hidden by Hylianbunny.
    Pardon me if I don't have an abundance of faith in the guy who couldn't be bothered to guard in Rygar's game.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pardon me if I don't have an abundance of faith in the guy who couldn't be bothered to guard in Rygar's game.

Hahaha. He does claim to have been busy that night man.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

He did guard, every day after the second. He simply missed the deadline due to work that one day. People make mistakes, what happened in Rygar's game is irrelevant for this game, and hosting these requires a lot of time, patience, and work, so no, I think you should cut him some slack, and I don't think I'll pardon you for being overtly rude, even if Hylianbunny has done so.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    And I think that's a little interesting, Drez.

I haven't played in many, but I have watched quite a few.

And I've yet to see one with NO description of roles. And most I've seen have a very full inventory.

naporeon on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    But you do sign up for the game anyways!

You are probably trying to be classy and show him how it's done.

Whatever "it" is.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think Tossrock is an okay guy.

I'll hold my vote for now.

Shenanigans on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    ITT past experience is irrelevant.

naporeon on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well I'm not sure who to vote for yet.
    I don't know that jumping on the Tossrock bandwagon just because he hadn't checked his PM is super valid.

Also he may be staying with me this coming weekend. So either he's alive and nice... or he's evil and I risk his ire. And I don't like ire. Like me sleeping and him doing whatever bad guys from this show I've never seen do. Does he have adamantium claws? Or Magneto like powers?
    In any case, I don't want to find out.

I think a !Vote for Wiggin
    is always a safe bet.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Seriously wrote: »

Whatever "it" is.
    Seriously, I have no clue who you are.

So I won't just, you know, light you on fire.

But I signed up for this game expressly because I was asked to.

In fact, one person even did it in the sign-up thread.

So, you know, it's okay if I sign up, thinking that the game is going to suck ass.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I just noticed that most people's usernames said backwards are hilarious.

Shenanigans on
  • Options
    SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    well

I !retract my vote for Tossrock.

Soup on
  • Options
    Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i !Retract my vote for Tossrock

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    - The Phalla the bad guys just won in ODaM - FunkyWaltDogg's - did not describe any roles at all except to say that there were no Guardians.
    - The Les Mis Phalla in D&D did not go into any details about roles.
    - The Mole, I believe, presented all role information upfront.
    - Rygar's Phalla presented all role information upfront.
    - The current ODaM Phalla has a mixture of publicly-known and publicly-unknown roles. In fact, thorgot is very carefully deceptive about roles and people don't even know how many bad guy groups there are.
    - This Phalla doesn't present that much info about roles.

So, from the many Phallas I've been in, very few present full role descriptions right away. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It isn't "interesting," it's just reality.

And in reply to your "ITT past experiences" comment, maybe you shouldn't have signed up for this Phalla if you're going to cast aspersions at the host. It's like joining a club and telling the president to fuck himself. I don't appreciate that.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Eh, don't worry about it. If nap has problems with the game he can take it up with me or drop out. I did say in the first post of the signup thread for roles that 'they exist' and no more info, but it's fine.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Seriously wrote: »

Whatever "it" is.
    Seriously, I have no clue who you are.

So I won't just, you know, light you on fire.

But I signed up for this game expressly because I was asked to.

In fact, one person even did it in the sign-up thread.

So, you know, it's okay if I sign up, thinking that the game is going to suck ass.

So because I asked you to sign up, it's okay for you to act like an asshole? Let's remedy my error.

!retract Tossrock, !vote naporeon

I'm leaving now. Frankly, I don't care if this action even gets me killed. Have fun, everyone.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Drez.

Speaking of past experience, what about your past experience with me leads you to believe I'd give two fucking squirts of piss what you do or do not appreciate, you douche?

naporeon on
This discussion has been closed.