As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

'Sullivan's Sluggers', Baseball Horror Graphic Novel by James Stokoe and me

Mark Andrew SmithMark Andrew Smith Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Graphic Violence
Mark here. I have 'Sullivan's Sluggers' my baseball horror graphic novel with James Stokoe (Orc Stain) on Kickstarter right now.

Could you do me a favor and hit 'Share' and 'Tweet' on the page here for Sullivan's Sluggers my new baseball graphic novel? It seriously helps us round the bases and get us around the internet with only a few clicks. Very appreciated!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1940696606/sullivans-sluggers-baseball-horror-graphic-novel?ref=popular

Best,
Mark

Mark Andrew Smith on

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Sullivan's Sluggers looked neat last I heard of it. It still looks great. I am a huge Stokoe fan. Is the book done and just waiting for publishing money?

Can published creators site whore?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I'm also curious as to how far along the book is, in terms of completion.

Both creators are amazing though, and the concept sounds incredible, so I'll have to throw some money at this.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I would buy a book featuring nothing but images of poop illustrated by Stokoe so

so this looks awesome.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Sullivan's Sluggers looked neat last I heard of it. It still looks great. I am a huge Stokoe fan. Is the book done and just waiting for publishing money?

Can published creators site whore?

The art took a long time to get finished because James had other work coming in and the script got larger and larger. For me it was a lot of e-mailing about where pages where haha. I think I aged five years because of it. But this past month James got all of the pages turned in and uploaded onto the FTP. The book is half completed, and we have to color and letter the second half. That should go very fast to get it out because my colorist is awesome :)

• Options
    Munch wrote: »
    I'm also curious as to how far along the book is, in terms of completion.

Both creators are amazing though, and the concept sounds incredible, so I'll have to throw some money at this.

James is wrapped so just colors to go! :) Thanks Munch!

• Options
    I would buy a book featuring nothing but images of poop illustrated by Stokoe so

so this looks awesome.

I would too. Most of his books don't have poop but...well you know. Orc dicks.

• Options
    Are we ever going to get more aqua leung or amazing joy buzzards, mark?

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I love this because it reminds of that episode of The Real Ghostbusters where Winston is tapped to play in the baseball game of good vs evil.

Only with much more wanton murder.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The Scottish UnicornThe Scottish Unicorn CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I saw this on Kickstarter yesterday I think, anyways it has a crazy concept and awesome art. Especially the monsters, I love how much detail they put into making them as grotesque as he could.

76561198004630058.png
  • Options
    Everyone should buy every thing Stokoe has made, he is one of the most amazing artists.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I can't say no to this.

• Options
    Are we ever going to get more aqua leung or amazing joy buzzards, mark?

I'm working on a prequel story for Amazing Joy Buzzards that's one of the referenced earlier adventures. Dan Hipp swears that Monster Love the next one in the series will be out by the end of this year. Just the opening of the new book is epic. For AL, it would take something incredible to make that happen. I wouldn't say no, but it's unlikely for that book.

• Options
    I love this because it reminds of that episode of The Real Ghostbusters where Winston is tapped to play in the baseball game of good vs evil.

Only with much more wanton murder.

Your not the first person that said that to me, and now I'm half curious and half scared to watch it. But it is the Real Ghostbusters and so old haha.

• Options
    I saw this on Kickstarter yesterday I think, anyways it has a crazy concept and awesome art. Especially the monsters, I love how much detail they put into making them as grotesque as he could.

James really rocked the monsters.

This discussion has been closed.