As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] Girls' Meetup: Tickets on sale now

• sleepygeckossleepygeckos Registered User regular
    Is it weird to say that I <3 all of you ladies and I haven't even met you yet?

I hope it isn't weird, because I've been thinking the same thing just catching up on the thread! (And now you gals have already covered my pre-PAX nervousness of going the first time! You are, again, ahead of my worries! You gals are incredible.) Oh, and +1 for inclusiveness, I mean, seriously... sheesh... people should get over themselves first.

• EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    So.... We're only on page two... Is it too soon to have the requisite Bellini vs Mimosa debate????
    Obviously Mimosas are the clear winners.

Wile mimosas beat out bellinis the Diller Room bloody marys beat the snot out of both of them, pull their underwear over their heads and shove them in a locker.

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    So.... We're only on page two... Is it too soon to have the requisite Bellini vs Mimosa debate????
    Obviously Mimosas are the clear winners.

Wile mimosas beat out bellinis the Diller Room bloody marys beat the snot out of both of them, pull their underwear over their heads and shove them in a locker.

My sentiments exactly. Bloody Marys FTW!

• dshiuredshiure Registered User regular
    I'm sure there will be at least some amount of transgender representation at Prime as well.

Yaaaay, I'm a representer for something! :-P

This meetup is going to be awesome! Looking forward to it ^_^ (Also, mimosas are FTW but I won't knock the bloody mary until I try it)

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I don't know... Mimosa are sometimes too acidy for me. Peaches would tend to even out the flavors and acid somewhat.

Having said that, I've never had a Bellini. It looks like something I'd like. A lot.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Mimosas are dangerously delicious... There's a brunch place out here that'll give you a fishbowl-size Mimosa while you wait for a table.. Each one uses an entire mini bottle of Champagne. Then they top off the rest with OJ. It's a good brunch if I get me a couple of those... :D

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    Ooo mimosas =D But I have never actually had a bloody mary, probably cause I hate tomato juice. But a bellini sounds like something I would love waaaay too much and never turn back to normal drinks with breakfast again!

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Personally, I don't really like bloody marys, and find mimosas to be boring. I'd try a Bellini once just to say I've had one though.

I feel like it's been months since I bought my badge and yet PAX is still such a long time away. Oh sigh.

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    kemikal wrote: »
    Personally, I don't really like bloody marys, and find mimosas to be boring. I'd try a Bellini once just to say I've had one though.

I feel like it's been months since I bought my badge and yet PAX is still such a long time away. Oh sigh.

Sacrilege! Oh well. I guess I'll forgive you. Honestly, I'm not too hot on mimosas because of the possibility of errant pineapple poisoning (it's amazing how many fruit juices get bits of pineapple juice in them too--shudder---fruit of the devil), and Bellinis are way too sweet for me. I did have a passing fondness of Bloody Mary's but it faded after a stint overseas and far, far too much cheap vodka mixed with spicy V8. I may have to give one of the Diller ones a try though. These days I guess I drink really boring stuff... scotch, gin, the occasional Kentucky bourbon. Hopefully they have some good gin on hand, like Hendrick's.

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Oh, I love Hendricks' , much better than Blue Sapphire. I like Bllody Marys though, as long as they're not stuffed full of ice.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    You gals are going to have to help me decide - I've had a mimosa once in my life (cheap free one at a mother's day brunch) but none of the others you all are speaking about... I had a nice Blue Hawaiian the other night, it had "all the juices" in it! (Sorry, it had evil pineapple too, but I happen to love the stuff and will offer to defend Bean against it!)

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    You shall have to try them all!!!! I love all three. I happen to like mimosas better but am a cocktail SNOB! I like good stuff, fresh squeezed and scratch made. If you give me a mimosa with fresh squeezed orange juice I will hump your leg and go belly up for scratches. Seriously. Conversely. If you give me a mimosa with OJ from frozen concentrate but have a pitcher of REALLY good bloody marys that you made by hand with, say, actual celery salt or salt and ground celery seed, ground pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce, not from mix, and really good vodka (pepper vodka is AWESOME) then I will pick the mary and also hump your leg and go belly up for scratches. Bellinis will lead to the same. I love them too... But I never get a decent one. Peach puree is just not something people seem to have around. See? Cocktail snob. But. Decent one=me. belly up. scratches. Strange how alcohol leads to me and happy puppy behaviour.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    You shall have to try them all!!!! I love all three. I happen to like mimosas better but am a cocktail SNOB! I like good stuff, fresh squeezed and scratch made. If you give me a mimosa with fresh squeezed orange juice I will hump your leg and go belly up for scratches. Seriously. Conversely. If you give me a mimosa with OJ from frozen concentrate but have a pitcher of REALLY good bloody marys that you made by hand with, say, actual celery salt or salt and ground celery seed, ground pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce, not from mix, and really good vodka (pepper vodka is AWESOME) then I will pick the mary and also hump your leg and go belly up for scratches. Bellinis will lead to the same. I love them too... But I never get a decent one. Peach puree is just not something people seem to have around. See? Cocktail snob. But. Decent one=me. belly up. scratches. Strange how alcohol leads to me and happy puppy behaviour.

Just wait for the Diller Room marys. It's their bartender's specialty. He orders a special vodka that he personally infuses with locally-grown, organic peppers. I've never had another that remotely measured up.

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • ChronogeneChronogene Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    Please disregard this post. I didn't mean to post here.

Chronogene on

Just wait for the Diller Room marys. It's their bartender's specialty. He orders a special vodka that he personally infuses with locally-grown, organic peppers. I've never had another that remotely measured up.

Sounds like a Mary for me... and, apparently, one to ruin all others. Guess it is like the first time I had guacamole in Mexico, I still can't get over it! LOL Now, maybe suggest some food too, since by Sunday I'll be in some sort of nerd-haze I'm beginning to believe.

• BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    (Sorry, it had evil pineapple too, but I happen to love the stuff and will offer to defend Bean against it!)

I don't doubt that other people like pineapple, but I'm deathly, deathly allergic to it. Which sucks, since I'm with family in Kaua'i fairly often, and the entire time, I can never eat out, ever, for fear of fruit of the devil pineapple. Luckily, Kaua'i has enough farmers markets that I can eat fiddleheads, sweet potato greens, and spam to my hearts content with plenty of orange glazed taro to get my citrus fix-safely.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I missed the last 2 girls' meetups :( Last Prime's sold out before I bought my ticket and I was in bed with the flu at East's. I want to make this one!

HI3789R.png
  • FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I keep trying to convince my hubby that he wants to do something on his own this morning so I can join you guys. Not a big drinker...I may have to start now so I am not drunk after one. (when I say not a big drinker, I mean I have had maybe 6 this year so far) haha!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    If he likes running there's a running tour of Seattle - I'm sending mine out on it at some point!

• Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    If he likes running there's a running tour of Seattle - I'm sending mine out on it at some point!

Running Tour?! Link! Link! plzkthx.

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
    edited May 2012
    Y DIS THREAD NOT HAZ MOAR PAGEZ? >8[

Curiosity, is anyone else here a motorcycle rider?
    And if anyone else is gorging themselves on D3, add me: kemikal#1535.

kemikal on
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    kemikal wrote: »
    Y DIS THREAD NOT HAZ MOAR PAGEZ? >8[

Curiosity, is anyone else here a motorcycle rider?
    And if anyone else is gorging themselves on D3, add me: kemikal#1535.

Yes - 2007 BMW F800ST, 40k miles. :) I commute year round in Seattle on it.

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2012
    Guys Girls, this is not a chat thread. Please stay on topic.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky wrote: »

And here I thought this would be a chance to get to know some of the girls I'll be meeting at PAX before actually seeing each other in-person. Ah well, wishful thinking. I apologize if I've steered things off-track. This is still my first PAX and I am still a (complete) noob at all of this.

• arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Awww, Moe just doesn't understand chatty girls hehe. =)
    Just given you crud darlin'

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • ZazumZazum Registered User regular
    Count me in!

• BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    Watching this thread just in case, but have to find something to do with the husband for the duration, which could be difficult. >.>

@Tar3820 here's the running link, and here's some reviews of it.

• PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    As long as it's about the same cost as last year Im in. I've been unemployeed since December so we'll see about the drinking part.

As long as it's about the same cost as last year Im in. I've been unemployeed since December so we'll see about the drinking part.

Stick with me - I've been unemployed or at best underemployed since the towers fell, this is my first PAX and I'm getting there on skymiles and staying with a bunch of people I'm just meeting now. I've been told to set aside enough money for a few dinners and bring as many granola bars as fit in my carry-on and the rest of the souvenirs will be free and plentiful. If I can make this crazy idea work, so can you! :) My grandpa was a farmer that said he'd spend money when he had it so he could enjoy it and tomorrow come what may... I try to be that way, so far I keep catching small breaks when I think my checkbook is at an end, & I'm going to PAX and I'm having my first Bloody Mary and hanging with these wonderful gals, the bills will still be here when I get back! LOL

PS I totally don't understand why we can talk about the drink options and not get to know each other, but I'm a noob here, so I hope this doesn't cross the mod line. If so, sorry!

• sheen16sheen16 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Im a female and im a gamer and im smart beautiful and talented,...as every other lady at PAX is im sure of!!

Well, I was unemployed for a while and started a new job 2 weeks ago :) And they've paid me today, so I guess I'm buying PrincessCleo and sleepygeckos a drink each! (This isn't chat, its about alcohol Moe xxx)

edited May 2012
    PS I totally don't understand why we can talk about the drink options and not get to know each other, but I'm a noob here, so I hope this doesn't cross the mod line. If so, sorry!

I do understand where Moe is coming from. When topics get totally derailed important information can get lost in the thread. However, there is nothing stopping anyone from starting a PAX women's get to know each other thread where just chatting is the topic. There is also a PAX Women Facebook Group that I highly encourage people to join and start chatting. It has been rather quiet.

EruditeAphrodite on
  • FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular

I do understand where Moe is coming from. When topics get totally derailed important information can get lost in the thread. However, there is nothing stopping anyone from starting a PAX women's get to know each other thread where just chatting is the topic. There is also a PAX Women Facebook Group that I highly encourage people to join and start chatting. It has been rather quiet.

THANKS! I just asked to join.

Just talked the hubby into finding something to do that morning. So looks like I am in!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    And they've paid me today, so I guess I'm buying PrincessCleo and sleepygeckos a drink each! (This isn't chat, its about alcohol Moe xxx)

Aww, you don't have to do that. :)

I'm sure my boyfriend will give me money and tell me to go have fun. He asked if I the brunch was being done again and if I wanted to go again. I said, "Yes, please." He's currently taking over all of my debts until I get a new job. <3 I don't know what I'd do without him.

• aludrachaosaludrachaos Registered User regular
    So, what with all this talk of alcohol and such, I'm assuming this is a 21+ event? Or can this 18 year old gamer girl attend too?

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I didn't hear about this last year until too late, so I'm stoked about it this year.

(and risking the ire of the mod: I ride a Suzuki Savage 650)

DashD on

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    So, what with all this talk of alcohol and such, I'm assuming this is a 21+ event? Or can this 18 year old gamer girl attend too?

Despite us sounding like a bunch of lushes, this is an all ages event. You are more than welcome to join us.

• WapieWapie Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of trying to come to this lovely event this time around! Non of my friends could get passes this year and I'll be going solo for most of PAX. I'm always so shy around people though D:

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Count me in !
    Unless there is an awesome panel announced, I have nothing planned.

My Vote: Mimosa.
    I will make an exception for a Mary though ;)

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
This discussion has been closed.