As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2/WoW] Beasts of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

• Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Man, all these screenshots make me want to post my collection of corrupted face textures.

But instead, classic beasts - kill a guy, plant useless shit all over his corpse.

useless_shit.jpg

• TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    Memories of completing one of the last good raids in WoW.
    n5UwI.jpg

Sneak peak of Guild Wars 2 Mesmer gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vrWx1Fcxe8

Hope to see you Beasts there!

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    God why did I have my weapons out for that?

They're goddamn hideous.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Yo Beasts. So Diablo 3 is out, who else is playing this shit?! I already know a few of you guys are (from all the fucking achievement popups).

My battletag is Dibby#1582, add me if you want!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    I would enjoy this.
    Septus#1166

PSN: Kurahoshi1
    Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event - June 8th ~ 10th
    BBUct.jpg

Going to create Beasts of Unusual Size [BOUS] for this upcoming event, if you're logging in this weekend hit me up for an invite (Tyberius.3250). I will be testing out the multiple guilds feature for PvE and WvW.

I'm Phosgene.1380

What server will this be on? Also I have a tag thingajigger too but I can't remember it at the moment.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    The WANG folks (myself included) are on Fort Aspenwood.

I assume that's where this will go down to test the multi-guilding?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Fortunately guilds work across all regional servers (may test with some euro players if it works across their servers too). But I know most that are already playing with me are on Sea of Sorrows and that the overflow went to Fort Aspen. However with the latest WvW blog showing SoS being undefeated last weekend I expect all newcomers will be flooding that server (along with the aussies using it as the unofficial server for down under).

If latency becomes an issue even with the new servers I will decided where we can transfer to since they will be free until Saturday 6pm PST (1800 gems afterward per transfer).

edited July 2012
    Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event - July 20th ~ 22nd
    nB1oY.png

Guild Wars 2 next Beta Weekend Event coming up this Friday the 20th will be the last one before launch and looking forward to seeing some of you when the game launches. If you're still on the fence about the game hit me up and I'll see if I can snag a beta key for you. I will be enjoying my engineer as well as trying out the new Sylvari and Asura races to make my final plans for launch. The OP has been updated as well with contact info within Guild Wars 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCog23Au5bM

Tyberius on
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    How is multiple guilding working? I was planning on joining up with the main PA guild for GW2. Are you going to be on the same server?

edited July 2012
    Right now as we know you can be part of any guild regardless of home server and when guesting is implemented you will be able to partake in PvE and structured PvP on any server that isn't your home server. Only with WvW will you be limited to playing for your home server.

I don't know which server I will roll on yet, it will be a last minute decision to avoid servers with other online communities (reddit and 4chan for example). If I end up on a server different from WANG then the only things we won't be able to do together would be in WvW.

* 1/2 keys available for this weekend event. Incase any of you checking are interested but haven't prepurchased yet.

Tyberius on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Even though I will likely purchase this shizz unseen.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    I am highly interested. I didn't get lucky during the beta sign-ups.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Just to make clear since there has been some confusion on the main GW2 thread since the last BWE; BWE3 will be on Frost Gate server, the server we moved to so we could accommodate the players just starting out in the last BWE because Fort Aspenwood was full. There will still be a WANG presence on both servers, but the main bulk of us will be on Frost Gate now to avoid the population bulge (and hopefully direct the server's playerbase to glorious victory in WvW).

So if you fantastic people want to link up with WANG, we'll be there. Let me know if you have any questions. See you guys in game!

488W936.png
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Gev, are you still playing that Alliance character? if so, which server was that?

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Just to make clear since there has been some confusion on the main GW2 thread since the last BWE; BWE3 will be on Frost Gate server, the server we moved to so we could accommodate the players just starting out in the last BWE because Fort Aspenwood was full. There will still be a WANG presence on both servers, but the main bulk of us will be on Frost Gate now to avoid the population bulge (and hopefully direct the server's playerbase to glorious victory in WvW).

So if you fantastic people want to link up with WANG, we'll be there. Let me know if you have any questions. See you guys in game!

This isn't true anymore since there isn't a Frost Gate.

What is this I don't even.
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Gev, are you still playing that Alliance character? if so, which server was that?

That was Earthen Ring but I think only @Dibby lives there now

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

We just realized that and now we are going back to Fort Aspenwood. So there ya go.

488W936.png
    edited August 2012

We just realized that and now we are going back to Fort Aspenwood. So there ya go.

Looks like I will be rolling on Maguuma for launch.

Also since I'm helping out a buddy with his guild I won't bother making [BoUS] again and will just invite you mine or if you wish you can join Corehealer with [WANG]/[NICE] on Fort Aspenwood. More info come Friday and if you need to contact anyone ingame you can use their username which is now in the OP.

Edit: Update, server I will be rolling on will be Maguuma.

Tyberius on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Will my PAX East key work for this if it worked for the last two events?

Cannot promise much, as today is my birthday and Saturday is the party. Maybe I will drop in Sunday and check things out.

YL9WnCY.png
    Tyberius wrote: »

Looks like I will be rolling on Anvil Rock for this last BWE, I just know I won't be staying on Sea of Sorrows now that we can pick our home servers again.

Also since I'm helping out a buddy with his guild I won't bother making [BoUS] again and will just invite you mine or if you wish you can join Corehealer with [WANG] on Fort Aspenwood. More info come Friday and if you need to contact anyone ingame you can use their username which is now in the OP.

Oh shit, they're resetting home servers for BWE3? Nice. I'll probably roll on Fort Aspenwood.

DNiDlnb.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    It'd be really excellent if you guys rolled on the same server as WANG. With the ability to represent multiple guilds and the importance of combined arms in Wuvwuv, we might be able to have a more enjoyable time if there were two PA guilds working cooperatively. I understand you have other priorities as well, though.

What is this I don't even.
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Will my PAX East key work for this if it worked for the last two events?

Cannot promise much, as today is my birthday and Saturday is the party. Maybe I will drop in Sunday and check things out.

Probably not, it may work though. But at this point if you are convinced you will buy it why not prepurchase it for guarenteed access.

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    So where are people ending up in the coming months? Pandas or charr?

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Both?

YL9WnCY.png
    edited August 2012
    So, those of us planning on getting GW2/already bought GW2 and patiently awaiting the release...

I'll be going Fort Aspenwood, for the bigger PA group.

Oats on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    Going to be rolling on Maguuma as well though hit me up anytime you want to do PvE or SPvP.

• CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    I have an unhealthy obsession with femtauren and femcharr.

Is... is this the guild I should be in for GW2?

Is it!?

FWnykYl.jpg
    Since those that I've contacted are split between Maguuma with [GOON] and Fort Aspen with [Nice], I'll leave it to someone else if they want to create a Beast of Unusual Size guild. I have only myself to blame for the job of wrangling cats over there, but if you wish I can add your GW2 id to the OP so those checking this thread later can contact you ingame.

• CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    Awesome.

It's Caedere.9427

FWnykYl.jpg
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    I'll be rolling on FA as well, though I don't have a GW2 id yet. Also, I believe that you can have smaller sub-groups within guilds so we could prob have a group within the larger guild.

steam_sig.png
    I'll be making the BoUS guild on Aspenwood if no one objects.

Last I heard from ze Shirly, he'd be using that as his base of operations as well.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    so is this guild for people from PA who don't want to play with people from PA or something? or don't want to give up leadership positions?

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
    Or we had a small, tight knit community and want to keep some version of that alive, while still playing with a larger group of people when the mood takes us?

Playing with PA people is fun.

Playing with the Beasts was fun, is fun, and will continue to be fun. Having a separate chat channel to relive old in-jokes, make fun of Dibby and the like is worth the tiny amount of silver it costs, and has no real downsides. Moreover, we get the fun, however hollow it may seem to other people, of at least resurrecting the guild (at least in name, if not it breadth of members).

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    sorry if my question sounded snarky or something, I was just genuinely curious and didn't mean any offense.

Are you the magic man?
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if there's ways to set aliases and stuff in Guild Wars 2. I don't think I want to name my GW2 chars Bdin or Twar just so I'm identifiable.

steam_sig.png
    You get to make a global name, with a four digit numerical series at the end.

• OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    Speaking of my name will be Ohtsam.9385 if anyone is interested in going through the sylv starter zones (or really anything else) with me.