As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Breaking Bad: "I won" [Past season SPOILERS]

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Makes sense, because AMC likes getting these amazing, critically acclaimed series rolling, only to fuck with their budgets and schedules until they break.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Honestly, they could give it to me in 5 minute intervals before reruns of Hell on Wheels and I'd watch it. Pumped for BB to be back this year.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    July 15.

First half of Season 5.

GET HYPED

Here is a video to help you get hyped (WARNING: SEASON 4 SPOILERS)

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Canadian netflix

Why no season 4

Why have you forsaken me?

What would Mr.White do? D:

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Canadian netflix

Why no season 4

Why have you forsaken me?

What would Mr.White do? D:

It's not on any Netflix yet.

Although I'm just going to pick up the BluRay when it releases in June, because this show demands HD.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    That video has got me so pumped now. Seasons five is going to be simply amazing. I just wish we didn't have to wait until next year to get the second half of it.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I can't wait.

camo_sig2.png
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Still need to watch Season 4, which probably won't come out on Netflix until after Season 5 has already started. Good thing I have DVR.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/wugY6HNLOCo

Can't wait for it.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That's the best thing.

• the_Frollothe_Frollo Riiiiiight.... THERE.Registered User regular
    That video...
    wow.

I had forgotten how completely awesome those 4 seasons have been.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Just over one month until my glorious return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0BuC2OrVIU

And here's another tribute to the greatness of Walter White.

Heisenberg on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Yes

tumblr_m5kglrgyiy1qclzbio1_500.png

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Billy ChenowithBilly Chenowith Registered User regular
    Sounds like the harmonica from Once Upon a Time in the West:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6BQKFs3-VM

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Just started re-watching on Netflix. Awesome to see how it all started again, poor Emilio...melted into nothing.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Am I the only person who is still pulling for Walter? I know he has done many many bad things (as have Jesse and Skyler) but I am still hoping for a happy ending for them. They sure have worked for it!

• Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy taking the day offRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I feel bad for Walter, but I don't think I'm actually rooting for him to get away unscathed. He's not quite as loathsome as Vic Mackey, but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and for Walter's house of lies to finally come down. I do think he's reached a point where I'd feel cheated, if Walter's fate would be "merely" dieing by the end of the show.

Joe Dizzy on
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Joe Dizzy wrote: »
    I feel bad for Walter, but I don't think I'm actually rooting for him to get away unscathed. He's not quite as loathsome as Vic Mackey, but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and for Walter's house of lies to finally come down. I do think he's reached a point where I'd feel cheated, if Walter's fate would be "merely" dieing by the end of the show.

Interesting. To me, the only character who may be unredeemable and who is still alive is Skyler, but I would be fine with her getting out on too.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I stopped rooting for Walter sometime during season 3.

reVerse on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I don't think you're supposed to root for Walter. The show's creator said that he wanted to show a good man becoming a bad one.

In my book, mission accomplished.

Lh96QHG.png
    I don't know about irredeemable, but I would like to see Jesse pull out of this tailspin that his association with Walter has sucked him into.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    The moment I stopped rooting for Walter was
    when he let Jesse's girlfriend die.
    That crossed the line for me.

Lh96QHG.png

Really?
    Even though she was threatening to bring everything crashing down on him? I might be biased because I hated her character from the start, but I also consider her getting Jesse hooked on heroin to be one of the absolute worst actions by anyone on the show, right behind Skyler cheating with her boss.

edited June 2012

Really?
    Even though she was threatening to bring everything crashing down on him? I might be biased because I hated her character from the start, but I also consider her getting Jesse hooked on heroin to be one of the absolute worst actions by anyone on the show, right behind Skyler cheating with her boss.
    It certainly doesn't absolve anyone of anything, everyone on this show is pretty terrible. I'm just saying for Walter, that was crossing the line. I never liked Skyler, she was a whiny jerkass from the start. "My husband has cancer, everything bad is happening to meeeeeeee" while that was a human reaction, it was a detestable one.

*I haven't seen season four yet, waiting on Netflix to update, though I'm caught up with most of the big ticket spoilers*

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
    edited June 2012
    He made the hard decision at the end of Season 2, and IMO it was the right one.
    Jesse killed her, if we're playing the blame game. He got her back on drugs.

Heisenberg on
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    He made the hard decision at the end of Season 3, and IMO it was the right one.
    Yeah, the end of season three didn't bother me at all, I totally got why he had to do that.

I don't know why, but Walter just standing there while she chokes to death was a line for me. I guess because it would've been easy to just turn her on her side or something, but still.

Could be sympathy for John de Lancie.

Lh96QHG.png
    I only blame her. Jesse got her smoking pot. The heroin was all her, and she was dragging Jesse down with her.

He made the hard decision at the end of Season 3, and IMO it was the right one.
    Yeah, the end of season three didn't bother me at all, I totally got why he had to do that.

I don't know why, but Walter just standing there while she chokes to death was a line for me. I guess because it would've been easy to just turn her on her side or something, but still.

Could be sympathy for John de Lancie.

I meant season 2, whoops. But season 3 was similarly Walt making a hard decision to once again save Jesses life. Really, if Jesse didn't fuck up so much everything would be fine.

I only blame her. Jesse got her smoking pot. The heroin was all her, and she was dragging Jesse down with her.

I agree.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So I was thinking about what will finally bring him down, and I figured they would drag something back up from the first few episodes. The guy in the basement he killed was law enforcement of some kind(maybe DEA? I forget.), and I see them tying that back to him somehow. More likely skylers boss will get tied back. However he is easier to cover up since he owed back taxes, was shady, and suddenly got an influx of cash.

steam_sig.png
    I don't think it was the right decision. It was practical and convenient, but hardly "right". At least if we include any notion of morality in the decisions the main characters make.

I think one of the strengths of this show's writing is that most characters make choices that are on rare occasions morally sound, but most often driven by an urgent sense of self-preservation or petty desires and feelings of revenge and greed.

Out of the two decisions he could have made, it was the better one. That's what I meant.

I don't think it was the right decision. It was practical and convenient, but hardly "right". At least if we include any notion of morality in the decisions the main characters make.

I think one of the strengths of this show's writing is that most characters make choices that are on rare occasions morally sound, but most often driven by an urgent sense of self-preservation or petty desires and feelings of revenge and greed.

I think its asking a lot to expect people to sacrifice themselves for the good of someone who is trying to destroy them (and who is literally destroying your friend in front of your eyes). It wasn't a nice decision or a decision we would want to encourage people to make with forethought, but I don't hold it against him, since it seemed reasonable in the moment, to me.

I don't know. He let another person die, so he could continue profiting from cooking meth. The fact that it was arguably helping Jesse get out of his drug spiral was an added bonus. I think it's easy to fall for the rationalisations that Walter makes for his horrid actions, but I think there's a case to be made that they are just that: rationalisations of monstrous acts.

I don't know. He let another person die, so he could continue profiting from cooking meth. The fact that it was arguably helping Jesse get out of his drug spiral was an added bonus. I think it's easy to fall for the rationalisations that Walter makes for his horrid actions, but I think there's a case to be made that they are just that: rationalisations of monstrous acts.

It wasn't just to continue profiting from cooking meth though. It was to keep his family from finding out what he was doing, which would have destroyed them, and which would have destroyed his brother-in-law's career. I'm not saying it was awesome, but it wasn't only done so he could keep making fat stacks.

It wasn't just to continue profiting from cooking meth though. It was to keep his family from finding out what he was doing, which would have destroyed them, and which would have destroyed his brother-in-law's career. I'm not saying it was awesome, but it wasn't only done so he could keep making fat stacks.

That's true. It was also done so he could avoid the repercussions of his actions. Which is probably why I don't want Walter to die at the end of the series. ;)

• Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    Out of the two decisions he could have made, it was the better one. That's what I meant.
    False dilemma. There are more than 2 options. Some things are just wrong.

I like the fact that even two years later, we're still arguing over the moral implications of a single 30 second scene from this show.

I think the writers accomplished their goal.

Sharp10r wrote: »

There were exactly 2 choices here. Turn her and she lives. Do anything else and she dies. What is the third option you are offering?

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Sharp10r wrote: »

There were exactly 2 choices here. Turn her and she lives. Do anything else and she dies. What is the third option you are offering?

Shoot her in the head so she doesn't rise again.

Oh wait, that's a different AMC show.

reVerse on