As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Arabian Nights - GAME OVER!

kimekime Queen of BladesRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Critical Failures
A starry night, and a cloaked figure walked alone. His pack is heavy, but his heart light. The emptiness of the desert, the crushing darkness and searing heat are almost over... The wind picks up, blows sand in his face, but he cares not, for against the dark horizon, a small dot of light stands out. Light from the city that never sleeps, light from the Sultan’s grand Palace, light from his next conquest.

---

In the city, the bazaar is still full of life with peddlers and shoppers, while in the alleys and the gutters, half-dead bodies scrounge for scraps. Most have learned that hope brings only pain, but some still look up at the opulent Palace in the distance. There is more fanfare than usual... begging by the Palace is dangerous, but maybe, just maybe...

---

Light! A dancing bear, a troupe of jesters, joyful music, a feast worthy for a kingdom, and the dozen highborn nobles there to enjoy it. The Sultan looks gleefully at his guests, and they make sure they are having the time of their lives--while his eye is on them. His aides and personal servants stand ever-ready, formal, quiet, and obedient. A twitch of his finger can bring out the next course of dishes, but a frown can spell death for anyone in the room. Almost...

---

During a lull in the festivities, hushed voices:

This is ridiculous. We should end it now!

Be silent. If anyone overhears you...

They can’t overhear me. Besides, what if they can!? We are almost strong enough--

A shadow falls over them, and a new voice speaks. A grave, ominous voice...

Strong enough for what, may I ask? You two appear to be almost plotting, but surely not. Surely you’d have nothing secret, no nefarious intentions on our beloved Sultan’s own birthday?

Uh, no, no, of course not--

W- we are loyal, we wouldn’t dream of such horrible concepts, my lord--

That will be enough. On the off-chance someone has spies listening in, it will be no good to hear my name. Or have you already forgotten the voice that summoned you hear? Do you not recognize me? I’m hurt, gentlemen.

The threat of the voice suddenly seems much more personal... The two glance at each other nervously.

But no matter. You need be patient no longer. The others have also arrived, and tonight, it begins.

---

The threads of fate gather, a tangled knot, one that cannot be resolved without sacrifice.

Welcome to the...

Arabian Nights Mini-Phalla!

Don’t know what the game Phalla is? Go here!

This will be a game for 24 players. Veterans and new players alike are welcome, but as a warning, weird stuff may happen. This game has a chance to be a bit unpredictable, and the balance may not quite be right because of that, but the main goal is to have fun!

So, as always with my games, there will be no vanillagers. Everyone will have something to do in the game besides simply vote, which you are required to do every day in bold red.

Ask an clarification questions in dark orange.

Ze Rules
  • NO communication with dead players
  • No copying and pasting role PMs from the host, and no screenshots of any PM or proboard
  • You are required to invite me to any proboards you make, and I would prefer to be included in all PMs.
  • The timestamp of the forums is law with respect to vote close, etc. You should plan accordingly for any possible technical difficulties or discrepancies between the forum’s clock and your own
  • Do NOT use the “Add this person to the Conversation” button unless you are adding me
  • No anonymous communication with other players: if you talk to them, they better know what your forum name is
  • After you die, one death post that contains no in-game information is allowed

There’s no rule against role-calling. Although I advise against it, for your own sake...

Ze Quirks

Everyone has an Inventory, which is basically a place you keep your items and your gold, should you be lucky enough to have any. You can feel free to trade these to whomever you want for whatever you want, just PM me (the host), and tell me what you want to give, to whom, and what you expect to receive in turn. Feel free to CC the other person as well, but keep in mind you don’t have to be honest. Any private PMs take priority over the group ones. If both players’ orders in the trade are concordant enough, then the trade will take place that night.

You also have the option of using any of your items, even if you may not be aware what it does. Feel free to target anyone you’d like, including yourself, and feel free to use any item you’d like.

However, unless otherwise stated, you may only take one action per night. (Trades are not actions, but using an item is.)

Sample Role PM
A Random Person! You have some sort of backstory, which ranges anywhere from a couple sentences to a few paragraphs. Beyond that, it may even have some humor!

Abilities
An ability - This does something. Oooooo, interesting!

Items
-You have a sandwich!
-You have a dog! The dog barks at people! Note how you know what the dog does, but you don't know what the sandwich does!
-You have 100 gold pieces!

Clarifications
kime wrote: »
Anialos wrote: »
Thralls? Millers? Conversions?

Clarification denied :twisted:
Spoit wrote: »
Can you use an item you're trading (that night)?

Trades happen last.

As an addendum, trading does not affect any other action or resolution that night. If both players are alive, have the stuff to be traded, and chose to do so, then it will happen last, regardless of what came earlier.
Order of actions? Does the vote trickle?

The vote is first. Other stuff then happens, in an order that is, more or less, "manipulative, support, attack". Trades are last.

Narrations
Day Zero
Day One
Day Two
Day Three

Player List

1. Greeper
2. Baidol - Mobbed and killed, Day Two
3. Anialos
4. Cythraul
5. The Anonymous
6. B:L - Cut down, Day Two
7. Capfalcon - Knifed in the back, Day One
8. Smoove Operator
9. sportzboyjtw - Vote, Day One
10. ObiFett - Stabbed, Day One
11. Gaslight - Shredded, Day One
12. Malkor - Vote, Day Three
13. jdarksun - Turned into a Statue, cannot be targeted, Day Two
14. Cayrus - Stabbed, Day Three
15. FecklessRogue
16. SLyM
17. Langly
18. stever777 - Mauled, Day Two
19. I needed a name to post.
20. Lucedes - Partially Eaten, Day Three
21. TheRoadVirus - Vote, Day Two
22. Retaba
23. SeGaTai
24. JaysonFour - Assassinated, Day Two

Reserves:

Nullzone
EVOL
MrTLicious
Sir Fabulous

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
Steam profile
kime on

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

kime, for once no one will vote for you!

Greeper on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    To hell with balance

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Kime Phalla! Ye Gods!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    kime

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I mean, !signup

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    reserve unless I die in the other phalla before this starts, then I am in.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Clarification denied :twisted:

Steam profile
  • Options

Trades happen last.

Steam profile
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Bada-BOOM

• Options

Trades happen last.

As an addendum, trading does not affect any other action or resolution that night. If both players are alive, have the stuff to be traded, and chose to do so, then it will happen last, regardless of what came earlier.

Steam profile
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    You know what this phalla needs?

A little more Bak:LavAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t19CWJqRi74

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options

Trades happen last.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Come on down
    Stop on by
    Hop a carpet and fly
    To another Arabian night

• Options

Trades happen last.

The vote is first. Other stuff then happens, in an order that is, more or less, "manipulative, support, attack". Trades are last.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Like Arabian days?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Hotter than hot in a lot of good wayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Prince Ali, fabulous he, Ali-ababwa :whistle:

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Why don't you come with me, little girl, on a magic carpet ride...

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    malkor

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    oh wow, kimephalla? I'm in!

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Reserve, I'm going to Origins Game Fair next Wednesday so I don't want to take up a slot from someone else if you get enough

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I was going to take a break for a couple weeks, but Kimephallas are much too fun.

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Reserved.

I didn't do anything substantial, but Phalla Wars was fun as hell. I dunno if I'll have the time for this though. Hopefully I will.

EVOL on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    pac_man.gif

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

• Options
    Maybe I will make it past day one this time

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Sign me up, my lil' Kimey!
    I think I'm back baby!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »
    There's at least one thing we can all count on: you being a dirty neutral cop. :P

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    hehehehehehe

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

Oh, quitcher bitchin', until Phalla Wars had you even been day 1'd since the Archer phalla?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i hate sand, it's coarse and

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I would play, but writing these narrations is exhausting.

Plus, you know, bad form for the main host to play in the mini.

Looks fun, however.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    !i can tell you a story, sultan.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I would play but I'm running the next main :-/

I guess I'll reserve in case you need it, but I'm guessing you'll be full up quickly.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    It's been a long time. Gonna reserve up for this as I'm not sure whether I really want to play.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Gaslight wrote: »

Oh, quitcher bitchin', until Phalla Wars had you even been day 1'd since the Archer phalla?

The elementalist mini last week, for one. I get day one'd pretty often.

• Options
    Day one killed, that is. Statistically, I am not voted out often.