As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Identifying a pixel malfunction

n00bishn00bish Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Games and Technology
I just bought a brand spankin' new LCD display, and I've got a weird pixel. It isn't dead (there's color) and it isn't stuck (it can change color, more visible on a light background than dark). It is more like a bright pixel. On white it's super white, on black its a little less black. Can't notice a change on red or blue, but yellow, lime, green, etc. gives it a brighter shade of that color. What do you think it is and can anything be done for it?

e: looking at it some more, it's more green than anything, but it still isn't behaving like I've hear stuck pixels acting like. You can barely see it on black, and it's super visible on white. So confused.

btrsig.jpg
n00bish on

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Stuck pixels seem odd sometimes because there are actually three sub-pixels (red, green and blue) that can become stuck independent of each other.

Try running a stuck pixel fixer program and see if it helps. You could try lightly poking that spot on the screen (using a stylus works well if you have one) when it's malfunctioning, as well. I've had success with both of these methods in the past.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    NozzNozz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah poke that motherfucker, works better than any method I've seen

just rub it for like 30 seconds lightly

Nozz on
    4811 3493 4349: Pearl FC
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nozz wrote: »

:winky:

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NozzNozz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Inzigna wrote: »

what I

oh dear

Nozz on
    4811 3493 4349: Pearl FC
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Inzigna wrote: »

what I

oh dear

Now Nozz has to explain what he meant by the words poke, motherfucker and rub.

Rub. Hehehe.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ahhh...

nerds. I would not change thee for the wrold.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png