As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's go, Jehuty. [Zone of the Enders]

Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and loveWill die without a homeRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Social Entropy++
So we love these games, right?

Guess what.

They fuckin' making a new one.

Today, at a Zone of the Enders HD Event in Japan, Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions announced a new Zone of the Enders title was in the works. Tentatively called 'The Enders Project', the game looks to be a prequel taking place in a prehistoric civilization.

5AMNz.jpg

So this guy Magunus (https://twitter.com/#!/Magunus) was there and has been reporting some deetz.

-It's a sequel to Zone of the Enders 2
-As mentioned above, it's a set in prehistoric civilization.
-It's being developed in The Fox Engine.

ARTWORK AND MODELS

rP7AR.jpg
F6DDS.jpg
qlMjy.jpg

Discuss.

2dtr87s.png
SteamID: Baroque And Roll
Baroque And Roll on

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Here are more images
    00775ur3.jpg
    006u2uua.jpg

Dang

It is super difficult to do stuff on a phone

Zandracon on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Inline 'em.

2dtr87s.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Holy shit yes!

IKknkhU.gif
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    Holy crap was not expecting this anytime soon.

Got a new game to look forward too.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I seem to remember enjoying these games

but I might be wrong

They were PS1 titles right?

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    They were not.

ZoE1 was a PS2 launch title and ZoE2 was one of the best games of last generation.

2dtr87s.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Crap. Gonna need a PS3, aren't I.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Fox Engine is multiplatform.

2dtr87s.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    This is good news. I only bought the first one of these because it came with the MGS2 demo and even though I beat Zone of the Enders I probably still played that demo for more time.

Peen on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    WHAT

YES

YES YES YES

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    what is good about zone of the enders games, i never played them

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

Oh

Shit

Yes

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    This is good news. I only bought the first one of these because it came with the MGS2 demo and even though I beat Zone of the Enders I probably still played that demo for more time.

Play the second.

Mother of God, play the second.

Its so fucking good.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky

Play the second.

Its so fucking good.

Is it on PSN or some other digital service? I don't think I have access to a working ps2 anymore.

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    We knew it was coming

It was prophesied

I am excited

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The art of this is incredible, as I suppose is to be expected of Kojima stuff

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

!!!!!!!!!

EzUAYcn.png
  • LilliLilli Registered User regular
    Ooooooh, I played the second Zone of the Enders way too much for my own good. I am definitely looking forward to this.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I rented ZoE2 a while back, and didn't quite have the time to finish it

it's something I've been kicking myself on since then

might as well pick it up cheap one of these days, and get my endin' on

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Play the second.

Its so fucking good.

Is it on PSN or some other digital service? I don't think I have access to a working ps2 anymore.

No, and the PS2 copy is suuuuuuuuuuuper rare

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    This is the only mech game I've played that actually felt like I was in an anime
    And it was so good

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    What tha fuuuu?

Does this mean they're going Mazinger Z with the franchise?

SyphonBlue wrote: »

Play the second.

Its so fucking good.

And now @Johnny Chopsocky and I must be enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNzSokecsY&hd=1

And that is why you should all own Zone of the Enders.

SyphonBlue wrote: »

Play the second.

Its so fucking good.

And now @Johnny Chopsocky and I must be enemies.

I have a copy 8-)

LxX6eco.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Never played this.

Is it good?

I like Mechwarrior and that one Robotech Gamecube game.. Does that make me a 'Baka gaijinn' or whatever?

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I am quite excited about this.

Also, for everyone who hasn't played ZOE, they're making an HD collection.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plHdZk06cpE

uc3ufTB.png
    Oh god yes yes yes. If you like those you'll love ZOE. Especially Macross style combat.

There's a sub-weapon that lets you shoot down sixteen enemy mecha with one missile barrage. During the big war sequence (if your timing is perfect), you can also fire the vector cannon (a BFG that is only used to take down battleships) and rip through several hundred enemy units.

Just know, like any combat games with depth the pace of combat really depends on you. You can get really versatile... or you can spam the basic four hit sword combo over and over. It's really up to you.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I love.

Macross missiles.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    the first zone of the enders was also pretty good and is like, a dollar because they put it out with the mgs2 demo so it sold a billion copies

xmassig2.gif
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    On the subject of the HD collection, Siliconera just posted a bunch of new screens.

zoe_hd_03.jpg
    zoe_hd_04.jpg
    zoe_hd_10.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    that's a day one purchase

those games ruled

xmassig2.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    on the one hand i don't like the actual shape of these robots

on the other hand tron-lines

on the third hand i've never had a playstation so i've never played this or know what they're like

antimatter spent her childhood locked in a room with an n64

xmassig2.gif
  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    I bought the first two 4cheepz on ebay, and never played them. This is a sign!

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    As a concept I loved the first, but the execution left me wanting.

Now ZoE 2, that was magnificent. Everything I wanted 1 to be and more. I regret not owning the game, but only renting it.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Yes

Yes this is what I want

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Are the HD Collections gonna be ps3 only

I never beat any of these things and I need to for real

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    antimatter spent her childhood locked in a room with an n64

if by room you mean basement and by n64 you mean nintendo systems exclusively

yes