As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 05/23/12 - And this is Bat-Cow

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Graphic Violence
Batman Inc #1, Holy crap I missed Morrison Batman. And Burnham draws the heck out of the issue.
pS83Y.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #686 Another beautiful double page spread by casselli. It'll be interesting if the mysterio stuff ties into Spider-Men at all (but it probably wont and bendis will just ignore this)
gWZtc.jpg

Fantastic Four #606is another great done in one issue (also classic F4 style story) by Hickman. Love who they are trying to save.
3RCZK.jpg

u57Rd.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men #12 ends Spencer's run with a couple answers, and makes me sad that he isnt going to get the finish his story, but also excited for what Wood will do with the threads laid down.
RBYYe.jpg

39K9B.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I love Ben Grimm. And I miss Hawkeye's mask.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I love Ben Grimm. And I miss Hawkeye's mask.
    Yeah, the glasses just make him look like kind of a douchebag.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Hawkeye was wearing the glasses because he was going blind and they were fancy magic Stark glasses... but wasn't his condition fixed?

Also, I <3 Batcow.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Yeah, Hawkeye's eyes were fixed so quickly there was no need to even have him go blind in the first place. When Gambit went blind he at least went 10 or so issues before getting it magically fixed.

Two more pages from Batman Inc #1 where it seems Morrison always connects something sex related with Batman:

batmaninc2-1c.jpg

batmaninc2-1d.jpg

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Haha.

I just realized that Bat Cow looks like it's wearing a domino mask.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Deadpool #55; Coming off the recent Deadpool: Dead storyline, this issue sees Wade with a new status quo, new challenges, and new goals. Daniel Way's writing is the same ol' stuff, but artist Shawn Crystal is a breath of fresh air.
    Bereft of his healing factor, but feeling pretty great about no longer looking like ground hamburger meat, Wade decides to make a big comeback, staging an attack on the Intelligencia.

Things go pretty well, until Paste Pot Pete shows up.

PLrFK.jpg

This arc seems like it might have possibilities. Way's put Deadpool in a position where he's facing new challenges, and given him a funny new adversary, which tends to make for the book's strongest arcs.

I have no doubt that Deadpool will have his powers back within a few months, as Way seems incapable of dedicating himself to any story long-term, but it's the most interesting the book's been, in quite a while.

Prophet #25; Three Prophets must trek across the ruins of Kartanus World, in search of a mysterious prize. Standing in their way are alien scavengers, and mysterious giants.
    Upon felling their quarry, a giant xenomorph, its skin ruptures open, to reveal a crazed berserker of a man. He quickly dispatches the two remaining Prophets, before making his way up to their "wombship," which hosts a telepathic organism, that projects itself as a ghostly girl.

XQZtD.jpg

nJSuc.jpg

Never has adorning Liefeldian headgear been such a cause for alarm.

Initially, it seemed that the Prophet we met in the first arc, was the original, Liefeld-created Prophet. Now, it seems like this guy is, and I have no idea if he's going to wind up the antagonist, or the unlikely hero.

It's a fantastic issue, though, and I'm still loving the device of using different artists, to draw different Prophets. Giannis Milonogiannis' art looks wonderful, when coupled with this sparse, subdued color.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Whoa, whoa, hey, whoa. Munch, buddy, can you catch me up on Deadpool? I stopped reading it maybe a year ago, so I missed the plot points you mention, which are some pretty significant character changes.
    The healing factor and the scarred skin have been central to the character since forever ago.

How did that status quo change happen?

Basically, he was trying to kill himself, so that he could finally be with Lady Death. So, he took a serum that retarded his healing factor, while also causing his numerous skin lesions to heal. But, he decided at the last moment that he didn't want to die, and is now stuck in his current state.

So, he's making a go at being a mercenary, sans powers.

My question is why he's still insane. If I recall correctly, that was actually a product of his healing factor, too.

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Haha.

I just realized that Bat Cow looks like it's wearing a domino mask.

I just noticed the blood pattern.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    Basically, he was trying to kill himself, so that he could finally be with Lady Death. So, he took a serum that retarded his healing factor, while also causing his numerous skin lesions to heal. But, he decided at the last moment that he didn't want to die, and is now stuck in his current state.

My question is why he's still insane. If I recall correctly, that was actually a product of his healing factor, too.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that last point; I, too, was surprised about that when I saw the scans.

P.S. Still never going to be a fan of the "Wade has multiple voices in his head that are represented by different-colored thought-boxes" convention that Way started.

I'd like it, if the voices remained fixed.

I've long said that if Deadpool's pure id, just make his dueling narrations into his ego and superego. They're his reason and his conscience, unable to actually assimilate with his mind, but still trying to assert some kind of influence.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Man, I really miss Cable-and-Deadpool-era Deadpool. Right after some of is brain issues were fixed. When he was still wacky and zany but you kind of felt it was.more an act than anything else.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that last point; I, too, was surprised about that when I saw the scans.

P.S. Still never going to be a fan of the "Wade has multiple voices in his head that are represented by different-colored thought-boxes" convention that Way started.
    yeah, he shouldn't be doing that.

totally agree about the multiple voices being stupid.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    The first two pages of FF punched me in the heart.

Fuck.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I keep expecting one of Deadpool's thought boxes to go rogue, resulting in a Tyler Durden kind of thing

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Damien, NO!
    Him turning vegetarian puts him one step closer to becoming the evil world-conqueror his mother wanted all long!
    Kidding.
    Not really, but kind of.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Man, Prophet looks so good. I was a fan during its original run (did I mention I had horrible taste in high school?). It got better after Liefeld left (surprise surprise), when the post-Liefeld writer played up the time traveling Conan aspect.

Is the new Prophet going to get TPB treatment?

The first TPB hits in August, and will retail for the bargain price of $9.99.

I'm really thinking about asking Geebs if I can do a GV Presents: Prophet contest, with copies of the TPB as prizes for the top three entrants. That's how much I love this comic. I want to spend my own money, to make sure people read it.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    New Guardians #9, for reasons varying from the uplifting to the hilarious. Big Blue Lantern issue.
    blue_lanterns.jpg
    More Blue Lanterns, yay!

creativity.jpg
    Elephant alien, giraffe alien, bird alien, lizard alien, cat alien... making new aliens is easy!

And the funniest panel:
    warth_trollface.jpg
    Trollface Warth

Would make a good avatar.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    u hopeful bro?

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Isn't that one of the creatures Conan came across?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    The first TPB hits in August, and will retail for the bargain price of $9.99.

I'm really thinking about asking Geebs if I can do a GV Presents: Prophet contest, with copies of the TPB as prizes for the top three entrants. That's how much I love this comic. I want to spend my own money, to make sure people read it.

If this ever happens I'll toss in copies of Orc Stain to go with it

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Bat-Cow was fantastic, even if Inc continues to give me whiplash with the storytelling.

huntresssig.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i am going to buy the hell out of that Prophet trade

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I went to get the comics that came out this week and found out one comic shop buys the entire stock of what came in that week of the ones they did not get in order to stock thier shelves :rotate:
    This explains why some of the ones I get are so hard to get on this side of town

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Goddamn it. My store didn't get JIM.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Voodoo #9: Priscilla finds out what her clone was doing in issue 1.
    vd1.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    that is utterly meaningless to a person who didn't read issue 1

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Do you not remember the fuss about issue 1?
    dcnu-voodoo-performing-large.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Again, I have to give Basri and Kholinne credit, #1 was boring as all get out, but really pretty. That page especially.

huntresssig.jpg
    So voodoo is still going but omac is dead

Brb killing self

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man, I really miss Cable-and-Deadpool-era Deadpool. Right after some of is brain issues were fixed. When he was still wacky and zany but you kind of felt it was.more an act than anything else.

Eh, I never got into Cable/Deadpool's run, mostly cause no matter what they tried, Cable always seemed boring to me. My favorite Deadpool run is Gail Simone's one. Which hopefully if the Classics TPB collection keeps going, we should finally get in a couple of months.
    Right now Comixology is running a special on Way's Deadpool-99 cents an issue.

Also, what's going on with Mysterio?

noir_blood on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Also, what's going on with Mysterio?

Latest Spider-Man
    Spidey pointed out that if Mysterio doesn't help stop Doc Ock from torching the world, the 2 billion dollars he was paid will be worth nothing. So Mysterio switches sides.

Why Spidey didn't use this line on Chameleon or Sand Man too, I don't know. Chameleon was right there listening - it probably would have worked.

616 Mysterio is supposed to be the main villain of the Spider-Men crossover that's coming (and is also apparently the same person as Ultimate Mysterio, somehow), so him joining Spidey could possibly tie into that. Maybe.

H9f4bVe.png
    Antimatter wrote: »

Brb killing self

For what it's worth, they've pretty much thrown over everything in the Ron Marz issues. The title character was revealed to be a clone of the real Priscilla Kitaen and is now basically the villain of the book, all of the Marz supporting characters are dead, and the book's now about the real Priscilla hunting down Voodoo under the command of Cool Sunglasses Guy from the Blackhawks.

steam_sig.png
    I don't know a thing about, nor care about voodoo.

Antimatter wrote: »

Brb killing self

For what it's worth, they've pretty much thrown over everything in the Ron Marz issues. The title character was revealed to be a clone of the real Priscilla Kitaen and is now basically the villain of the book, all of the Marz supporting characters are dead, and the book's now about the real Priscilla hunting down Voodoo under the command of Cool Sunglasses Guy from the Blackhawks.

...that sounds like they somehow actually redeemed it. Is it any good?

huntresssig.jpg
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    I get the impression that Ron Marz won't be back at DC any time soon.

Oddly enough this reminds me of the horrible Ion mini he did that didn't make sense for the first seven or so issues.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah

Voodoo sounded like one of the worst books of the New 52 and the whole stripper thing was just blech

so the fact that they just said fuck that to everything and made a clear effort to better the book is appreciated

CYpGAPn.png
    if you arent reading MTMTE, you need to be reading mtmte

issue five is very likely the best written single issue of Transformers

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

Eh, I never got into Cable/Deadpool's run, mostly cause no matter what they tried, Cable always seemed boring to me.

I always figured Cable being boring was the point of it, he's the straight man in the comedy duo. There to set up the punchline.

That said, classic Deadpool is great. But for stuff this decade, I enjoyed the C&D stuff better than I have with Way writing the current.