As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Microbrew trading.

yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that.Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
To start of with, I know "adult beverages" are not allowed at PAX. This is an idea that popped up for the hours in which we are not running around PAX jiffed out of our mind on Bawls.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in bringing beer from your local breweries to PAX to trade with other peoples' microbrews? Just something else to do during the after hours parties that go down when PAX closes up for the night.

Myself, I'd bring some beer along from the two medium sized brewers from around here: Bell's ( http://www.bellsbeer.com/ ) and Arcadia ( http://www.arcadiabrewingcompany.com/ ). I'd also bring some from our small in-town brewery, Dark Horse (whose website is so full of uselessness that I won't bother posting it). I can also take requests if anything those guys have listed sounds particularly tasty.

Let me know if this is something anyone out there would be interested in.

P.S. I haven't bothered to install OpenOffice on my FreeBSD laptop (because compiling 650MB of source code makes the baby jesus cry) so I'm too lazy to spellcheck this post.

pa_forums_sig.jpg
yoshamano on

• Options
    HexcoreHexcore Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I hope your happy, you have gone and made me "Delurk" with your offer.

I can get behind this cross county tasting. But I can only offer one brewy/microbrewy http://www.valleybrew.com/, and my own attempts a stout that is due to be bottled before PAX. Sound good?

Hexcore on
  • Options
    Storm ShadowStorm Shadow Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Before you die, you MUST have some of Porkfry's own brew. His Heffeweizen (sp?) is quite literally the best beer that I've had on this continent.

Storm Shadow on
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I will bring some bottles from our local Spinnaker's micro/pub. It's bloody amazing beer, best I've ever had. They have a wide variety, any requests?

Ninto on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Before you die, you MUST have some of Porkfry's own brew. His Heffeweizen (sp?) is quite literally the best beer that I've had on this continent.

Every bottle comes with a free stabbing.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Sounds like there's some interest in this after all :) I'll be sure to bring with me 4 or 5 six-packs of various lagers and ales. Go go gadget car powered cooler!

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2006
    Yes please! I'm coming from Minnesota, but I don't really know much about the local brews as I just moved here from OR. I'd be willing to bring what I can (anyone that might know what's available and has a request be sure to let me know!) and would love to get some Rogue from any Oregonians that might be partaking in this trade...

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Irnogs wrote:
    Yes please! I'm coming from Minnesota, but I don't really know much about the local brews as I just moved here from OR. I'd be willing to bring what I can (anyone that might know what's available and has a request be sure to let me know!) and would love to get some Rogue from any Oregonians that might be partaking in this trade...

I'm your oregonian =)

Do we have a proposed time/meetingplace for this trade to go down? Should we wear name badges and just seek each other out?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Washington has sooo many microbrews its insane (I've heard Oregon does too). For that matter, you can pick up Rogue and Whole Foods, which is pretty much right down the road from Meydenbauer.

I'd be glad to pitch in on this though. Only problem is I'm inviting my little brother and sister up for the weekend (why the hell did I do that?!?) so I don't know if I'd be such a good older brother going out drinking at night and leaving them in my apartment.... We'll see.

Aerophis on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hey listen. I got a guy comming in from out of town and he's bring the most bawlin shit ever created by man or god alike. He's willing to sell some of it to anyone who wants it sence it's only avaiable where he lives and only if you know where to go. sence this probily finiance his return trip I suggest you buy. I won't say anything more on the open fourm but if any of you want more info, hit me up with a pm.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I can bring some Deschutes Brewery, but you can pick that up pretty much anywhere these days. My towns "micro-brew" isn't so micro anymore.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I wouldn't say anywhere. More like, "anwhere in the NW." Some of the mid-westerners would kill to have easy access to some of our microbrews. (I've met them!)

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    LTM wrote:
    Irnogs wrote:

I'm your oregonian =)

Do we have a proposed time/meetingplace for this trade to go down? Should we wear name badges and just seek each other out?

Sweet! I love the Shakespeare and Dead Guy...

I was thinking about getting some growlers from the brewery that's downstairs from my apt (Rock Bottom - and yes having that RIGHT downstairs is awesome). They have a yummy porter right now and my boyfriend seemed to enjoy the red and the pale ale while he was down... any requests?

Maybe we could arrange a night to sample eachothers brews? It could be like a potluck, but with beer!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    Irnogs wrote:
    LTM wrote:
    Irnogs wrote:

I'm your oregonian =)

I was thinking about getting some growlers from the brewery that's downstairs from my apt (Rock Bottom - and yes having that RIGHT downstairs is awesome). They have a yummy porter right now and my boyfriend seemed to enjoy the red and the pale ale while he was down... any requests?

Maybe we could arrange a night to sample eachothers brews? It could be like a potluck, but with beer!

I'll host that party!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2006
    I have a friend who has a small (make that tiny) brewing facilty that brews his own beer/mead. If I can get a handle on this party, I would love to bring some of his stuff for people to sample. Its some of the best stuff I've ever tasted and he'd love to get feedback from a large group of people.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I love that idea!!! You should totaly do that!!!

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006

Good old Rock Bottom: good beer, horrid atmosphere =p Any of their's is good stuff.

If we need a place to meet let me know, although Moe already seems to want to host it, so I'll leave it to him to post the necessary info.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    LTM wrote:

Good old Rock Bottom: good beer, horrid atmosphere =p Any of their's is good stuff.

If we need a place to meet let me know, although Moe already seems to want to host it, so I'll leave it to him to post the necessary info.

Have you been to the one in downtown Minneapolis? I live in the same plaza so I frequent there. I agree it's good stuff and the carrot cake is so yummy... hrmm, I'm not always sure having a brewery so conveniently close is always a good thing... that's starting to sound really good right about now...

[EDIT] I realized they have multiple locations including one IN Bellevue... anyone know if they're brewing the brown porter there? I really like that and would rather NOT bring it with me all of the way from MN if I don't have to. I was thinking of maybe getting something from Granite City instead? Hrmm, I don't know of any midwest exclusives... I just don't think they exist.

Unknown User on