As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo DS Paintings! (NSFW)

2»

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    _74782.jpg

edited May 2012
    Take one part Colors!3DS, two parts downloading Zelda: Link's Awakening from the e-shop, three cups of not-wanting-to-work-on-painting-homework, and well, here we are!

_127721.jpg

Godfather on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Godfather wrote: »
    Take one part Colors!3DS, two parts downloading Zelda: Link's Awakening from the e-shop, and three cups of not-wanting-to-work-on-painting-homework, and well, here we are!

_127721.jpg

I started playing Link's Awakening again, and this thread is making me want a DS again.

edited May 2012
    oXrwx.jpg

Godfather on
  • eGregiouseGregious Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Photoshop can be purchased legally and is certainly not overpriced. An artist as skilled as you should not deprive himself of that tool.

eGregious on
    Feel better lil sis :<

Ii6Zz.jpg

• Michael VoxMichael Vox Registered User regular
    Very impressive to have done this work on a DS. I especially like how you have the light playing on the human anatomy.
    In regards to Photoshop: While still expensive you can get a dramatic student discount if you are a student, teacher or otherwise involved in academia. I was able to get it using this discount because my wife was a librarian at a university. Keep up the great work!

I couldn't resist, it was too good a moment to pass up

_170422.jpg

• miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Godfather wrote: »
    Take one part Colors!3DS, two parts downloading Zelda: Link's Awakening from the e-shop, and three cups of not-wanting-to-work-on-painting-homework, and well, here we are!

_127721.jpg

I started playing Link's Awakening again, and this thread is making me want a DS again.

This is awesome, I really love Link's Awakening, I have been playing that again too it's a great old school game I <3 it : D

I love your artwork too, I love how it comes out on a DS, I should try that out : D

miaAusa on
    Aww why thank you!

If you happen to own a 3DS you can download the Colors!3D app for only 6.99! It's the reason why I bought the device in the first place, and the e-shop software app is more than enough for any digital painter to use, both beginner and veteran :)

edited December 2012
    Forgot I had this thread. Picked up a used 3DS XL on Sunday, it's so much easier to paint with the program now :D

651161-QKw8gelyrpbbFOJk.jpg

EDIT: Part of a skateboard deck I had to design for class. Took it this far, then moved/completed the rest in Illustrator/Photoshop

651170-7k6CPICPHnkgYHmL.jpg

Godfather on
    Portrait i'm doing for a girl i've been seeing for a bit

y3LLX.png?1

K, secret santa submission go!

yMv8U.png

I'm putting this one aside for now to work on other things

LrMqy.png