As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't worry Greece, you're still invited to [EuroPAX]!

GumpyGumpy There is alwaysa greater powerRegistered User regular
edited April 2015 in Social Entropy++
Eurovison is over, so the promised EuroPAX 2013 thread has appeared!

Last year a number of the most wonderful forumers out there decided to gather together and spend a weekend in the wonderful city of Edinburgh exploring castles, eating burgers and experiencing culture. It was really a good weekend! So good that some of us want to have another go

So, lets talk Europax III: Electric Burgaloo'aloo

Where shall it be?:

Bristol!
By Virtue and Industry

Staring longingly at the south coast of wales, Bristol is one of the nicest towns on the west coast. I've never been there, but all the people I know from around there are really quite nice.

But when?!

5-7 of July!

Who'll be going?

Green has said they are coming and are ready to party
Orange probably will but needs more details/just needs to confirm
Yellow is fairly interested in coming
Red has no interest in hanging out with us plebeians :[
Magenta has made their intentions towards us somewhat unclear
Blue wants some attention

What'll we get up to?

Depends on where we go, but last time we did pretty much the entire shibang, so there will probably be museums, drinks, classy do's and many many burgers.

I'll upgrade the OP when we've all selected a place to go and I'll do the full breakdown of whats on offer and how to get there and all that jazz

Gumpy on

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm definitely interested in coming since I'll be able to afford the trip this time.

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    I'm Wiet and I approve this OP.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I won't rule it out entirely but all things considered this is probably going to be a no-show for me, sorry guys :(

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Onto the list you go

and oh my goodness am I going to get a notifcation for every reply to this thread?

You could have warned me about this Wiet

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I would like my name in blue please.

Blue is for special princesses who demand attention for no reason and you should ignore them.

• Options
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I won't rule it out entirely but all things considered this is probably going to be a no-show for me, sorry guys :(

Money issue/are you more likely to come if we go up north again?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I will probably be a no for this, on account of being single lone female in foreign lands. But you guys knew that already!

Euuuphoria!

• Options
    I'd definitely favor the UK if it would mean that more forumers would be able to come.

• Options
    I've already been twice to London but have never been anywhere else in England, so Buckinghamshire or somewhere in the north sounds nice.

• Options
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »

Money issue/are you more likely to come if we go up north again?

Well the money doesn't help matters but it's mostly just bad timing for me!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Put me down for a yellow. I'd love to come hang out for a while, but finances are tight.

Norway is of course good for me, since I live here, but it has the downside (for everyone else) of being about twice as expensive as London.

• Options
    Mind you could you use a different colour than yellow? It's almost impossible to read.

• Options
    I'm just going to drop this here, even though it's neither Buckinghamshire nor the north and finding inexpensive and proper accomodation might be difficult.

http://www.gdsf.co.uk/

• Options
    Sailing around the Bosphorus in a manboat sounds fun but I'd prefer something closer to home meself!

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    While I am not attending, I would recommend you avoid London because the Olympics have severely upped prices of hotels!

• Options
    I have taken away sunshine yellow and replaced it with a far calmer breed

Also Liiya speaks truth, London this summer is probably not the best idea in the world

• Options
    They have equipped flats with missiles to ward off parties of internet forumers

• Options
    Where in the Netherlands are you, @Wiet? I've been to Amsterdam but uhm, I get the feeling that doesn't actually count?

• Options
    I live in Breda, which is in the south. I have a theme park and a zoo close by so for PAX purposes there would be plenty to do!
    They have equipped flats with missiles to ward off parties of internet forumers

David Cameron himself is going to shoot my Boeing down if I dare fly over the City.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    I can also introduce people to my cat, who is amazing and sure to be star of the show.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    july/august is potentially gonna be a pretty stressful month for me cause I'll find out which schools I get in to and have to visit them and such, so I am gonna say no for now but it's not completely out of the question

If I do have the time I'd really like to go to the Netherlands and I wanna give out a great big boooo to Sweden and Norway. Boo familiarity boo

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    I want to see pictures of Wiet in Turkey.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Pharezon wrote: »

Wiet wants to play the game of thrones boardgame are ya in? SE++ group, pass is wang

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »

Wiet wants to play the game of thrones boardgame are ya in? SE++ group, pass is wang

I'll see if I can play from an iPod touch. Otherwise I can't because my computers power supply is busted.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Well that's pretty naff

• Options
    Turns out I can. Let's roll.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Put me down as interested, but probably unlikely, timing + finances + locations will probably make it tough.

Unless you just all come to Glasgow. 8->

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I bought a Sweden travel book today to add to my plethora of Sweden/Scandinavia travel guides, then cried into my coffee.

Somebody Swedish please marry me.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    You guys do this in 2013, and I'll be there with bells on :)

I'm planning on being in France around this time next year, so hopefully it'll line up!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Put me down as interested, but probably unlikely, timing + finances + locations will probably make it tough.

Unless you just all come to Glasgow. 8->

You could actually all do Edinburgh pretty easily now I think about it!

• Options
    Scotland ranks pretty highly on my list of places I'd like to visit.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    this again

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Edinburgh is cool

• Options
    Yeah, I've been to Edinburgh quite a bit and can't say that impression has ever been broken

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Look at me full of good ideas.

• Options
    If July or August is a bad time for people we can always heroically kick the can down the road and do it somewhere further along

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    I like Edinburgh. A weekend there might be doable.

• Options
    Also yes Edinburgh would be great!

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    I'm hearing a lot of Edinburgh

Might be a good plan

• Options
    @Fyndir its about to be your move in THE BOARD GAME, do you have a steam/facebook account I can harass when your turns come up

This discussion has been closed.